Need HDTV For PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to find a good hd tv for gaming. I have been looking for a while, but I can't really find a good one. I am looking for a tv 32"-42" with low input lag and fast response time. Ideal would be a plasma with low hd lag because I play shooter games that require fast movement. I have played on other tvs before but the lag is noticeable. So I am looking for a 32"-42" tv with extremely low input lag and very fast response time for less than $500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
The best line of low lag HDTVs from recent years in your size range have been the Panasonic IPS panel options. They include HDTVs with model number suffixes of U3, C3, X30, and X34 (all 32" - 47"). I picked up the C3 model myself a month ago as a new TV for the kids' room (and an extra display for my fighting game get-togethers biggrin.gif). Not only does it have less than 1 frame of lag, the adjusted picture looks phenomenal.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #3 of 6 Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
+1 I own a 32" Panni for gaming and practically there is no lag cool.gif
post #4 of 6 Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I do all my gaming on a 55" Panasonic TC-P55ST30 and I've never had any lag issues. Before that was a Samsung plasma and I never had any lag issues with it either.

Steve

post #5 of 6 Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadThisPostPlz View Post

I am trying to find a good hd tv for gaming. I have been looking for a while, but I can't really find a good one. I am looking for a tv 32"-42" with low input lag and fast response time. Ideal would be a plasma with low hd lag because I play shooter games that require fast movement. I have played on other tvs before but the lag is noticeable. So I am looking for a 32"-42" tv with extremely low input lag and very fast response time for less than $500.
For most shooters (and most games in general) you're more likely to notice input lag that is native to the game before you notice anything inherent to your display. The only real exceptions are things like shmups and fighting games--unless you play online, in which case you'll then run into input lag inherent to the network coding well before anything display-related shows up. Very few shooters have fast enough response times that it matters (CoD is maybe about it on consoles). And if you're playing online, well, you get the idea.

In other words, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In most modern displays for almost all gaming situations, it's not an issue.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #6 of 6 Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Start here

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1131464/input-lag-wars-post-your-input-lag-results-of-your-lcd-display-here-for-reference/3750

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page