Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - AVS Forum
PlayStation Area > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 09:55 PM 12-08-2012
Looks like it will come out next gen. Here's a really interesting teaser trailer:

blklightning's Avatar blklightning 11:48 PM 12-08-2012
His right eye is hurt which is consistent with Big Boss. But BB doesn't lose an arm. But since it's a dream, he could be experiencing Liquid's phantom pain after he lost his arm after he died. Which sounds weird. But, it's Japanese and, more specifically, Hideo Kojima, so weird is the order of the day. Regardless, it's definitely Metal Gear related. I just hope it's next gen because I'm tired of seeing new games try to do too much on this ridiculously outdated hardware.
Notsobright's Avatar Notsobright 12:26 AM 12-09-2012
this game will most likely come out 10 years from now. til then, kojima will tease us with 50 hours of in game footage and teasers and hidden clues. 15 years from now this game will get trophy support tongue.gif
if indeed this is a next gen game. that means that kojima made only one ORIGINAL MGS game for the ps3. konami employees must get paid by the hour. way to go buddy. try and not **** this one up too. please.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 12:51 PM 12-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

His right eye is hurt which is consistent with Big Boss. But BB doesn't lose an arm. But since it's a dream, he could be experiencing Liquid's phantom pain after he lost his arm after he died. Which sounds weird. But, it's Japanese and, more specifically, Hideo Kojima, so weird is the order of the day. Regardless, it's definitely Metal Gear related. I just hope it's next gen because I'm tired of seeing new games try to do too much on this ridiculously outdated hardware.

Les Enfants Terribles

My guess is Ground Zero will deal with Zero's betrayal of Big Boss and the creation of FoxHound. This appears to be the direct sequel, and probably will be Boss's story to how Outer Heaven came to be.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks to me we see a phantasm of Volgin on fire here. Also, Moby Dick Studios...

blklightning's Avatar blklightning 03:18 PM 12-09-2012
But that's Snake and Liquid. They used Big Boss' DNA in that program to create super soldiers and Snake and Liquid were the result. That's what I remember, anyway. But maybe that's when they got his DNA, when he was in a coma. :shrug:
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 09:01 AM 03-15-2013
Phantom Pain is being developed on Kojima's new Fox Engine. Here is an interview from the game's produce rJoakim Mogren with GTTV:

Some are saying the guy's name Joakim Mogren is an anagram for Kojima's name. There is also increasing speculation on the 'net that the game producer interviewed is CGI real-time render using the Fox Engine. What do you think?
Anthony1's Avatar Anthony1 03:37 PM 03-15-2013
It's CGI. But very freaking good CGI. Kinda like L.A. Noire on crack.
Gai's Avatar Gai 01:16 PM 03-16-2013
NeoGAF is exploding with two camps saying Joakim is CGI from Fox engine VS real person.
Anthony1's Avatar Anthony1 02:20 PM 03-16-2013
Yeah, that one Neo Gaf thread had me rolling on the floor laughing, some of that banter was hilarious. smile.gif
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 12:23 PM 06-06-2014

Epyon415's Avatar Epyon415 01:32 PM 06-06-2014
So who wants to bet that David Hayter will be voicing Snake in the trailer!??!! biggrin.gif
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 01:43 AM 06-09-2014
MGSV: The Phantom Pain E3 Trailer

freemeat's Avatar freemeat 10:20 AM 06-19-2014
Quite a bit of game gameplay:

You Tube

Big Brad's Avatar Big Brad 12:25 PM 06-19-2014
Looks pretty good but didn't watch the whole video. I skipped around a lot, and most of it being in Japanese without subtitles made it hard to follow. I enjoyed Ground Zeroes but need to play more of it.

Off topic, but AVS has been borderline unusable on all devices for me since the update.
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 01:48 PM 06-19-2014
I looked at the E3 2013 trailer. This newer build looks worse in the lighting/color department. Still looks good though.

Agreed on the new format, hate it. Especially on mobile.
Slacker George's Avatar Slacker George 04:14 PM 06-19-2014
Game-play wise this looks amazing. An open world along with base building and collecting resources is right up my alley. I hope there are interior areas in the Mother Base.
Archerkit's Avatar Archerkit 08:10 PM 06-19-2014
I'm wondering what the cutscene-to-gameplay ratio will be on this. I enjoyed playing MGS4, but the hours of cutscenes were too much for me.
Slacker George's Avatar Slacker George 09:13 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerkit View Post
I'm wondering what the cutscene-to-gameplay ratio will be on this. I enjoyed playing MGS4, but the hours of cutscenes were too much for me.
Looks like you're in luck.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/met.../1100-6418805/
Quote:
Kojima Productions designer described the shift from lengthy cutscenes to systemic, player-driven narrative for The Phantom Pain's open world.

rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 10:18 PM 06-19-2014
That's great news. I've enjoyed MGS games but some of the cutscenes were pretty dreadful to get through. Especially the ones that weren't skip able and you keep dying and having to sit through it over and over again.
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 01:21 PM 09-18-2014
Up
Mobile  Desktop