post #31 of 48 Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed View Post

I tried to play gta games, but I just can't get into them. RDR and farcry3 on the other hand I think are pretty fun. how did you like sleeping dogs? it looks just like gta in Asia.

LOVED Sleeping Dogs! Awesome fighting mechanics (craps all over GTA IVs) and a great story. Very good voice acting and characters I actually cared about. Big Thumbs Up!

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

yes, definitely, you can access the first island at any point. just fast travel to a location or hope in a boat and go.

the last few missions you might be locked in to do in a sequence, i can't remember, but after you beat the game, you can definitely do anything left on either island.

Thanks...didn't realize I could fast travel between the islands but makes since.
post #33 of 48 Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

LOVED Sleeping Dogs! Awesome fighting mechanics (craps all over GTA IVs) and a great story. Very good voice acting and characters I actually cared about. Big Thumbs Up!

I have Sleeping Dogs but only played the demo so far. looking forward to it, but this will be my first mainly combat game (as i hear that is the bulk of it and gunplay and driving a much smaller piece?).
post #34 of 48 Old 07-16-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I'm about 12 hours into FC3 and things are going well, at least gameplay wise. Shooting, driving, jumping, missions, everything has been improved from FC2. No stale missions yet which is excellent this far into a game. Thanks for the crafting advise, made things much better in the early going. I'm having a lot more fun than I did in FC2, and more fun that I usually have with this type of game. Similar to Sleeping Dogs, FC3 has my kind of pacing and the game leaves you alone to play as you like (mostly).

Only problems I'm having are technical. The frame rate is rough and slow-ish at times. Not game breaking, but enough to be annoying and cause me to restart some driving challenges (after a stutter faked me out and I crashed!). Sound is also wonky with certain effects, like engine sounds, coming out very muffled or fading completely. Gun sounds are sometimes very out of sync with your on screen action, the game needing to "catch up" sometimes. Are these typical Ubisoft things? Do the AC games have the same problems? I'm still having fun even with the annoying bugs. I might try a reinstall and see if that helps with general performance.

Overall, this is a really fun game that almost lives up to the hype that surrounds it. If you slept on this one then wake up and enjoy as it hits bargain price.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #35 of 48 Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 208
The overall performance of Far Cry 3 on both consoles is fairly poor with the framerate often times going into the low 20s. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. It's just the way it is on old hardware. I knew about the performance issues going in so I expected it, but it was still jarring on occasion.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #36 of 48 Old 07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got to the part when you meet up with Buck, and for some reason that section just felt really boring. Does the game pick up, or will it basically be the same for the rest of the game? does anyone know how far I am into the game and is it almost done?
post #37 of 48 Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Your about 40% through the game...yes it picks up.
post #38 of 48 Old 07-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post

Your about 40% through the game...yes it picks up.

cool, thanks for the info.
post #39 of 48 Old 07-21-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I've heard the campaign is 13 hours if you don't do anything else.

But if you buy Far Cry 3 and don't do anything else, you're a fool.

I played it and I didn't like it. For open world, I was surprisingly bored for the few hours I put into this game. This game is a boring version of Just Cause 2.

500 gigs FTW.
post #40 of 48 Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I played it and I didn't like it. For open world, I was surprisingly bored for the few hours I put into this game. This game is a boring version of Just Cause 2.

Give it a chance, it will grow on you. I thought this game was far from boring. Explore and kill a shark!
post #41 of 48 Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

Give it a chance, it will grow on you. I thought this game was far from boring. Explore and kill a shark!

Agree, easily one of my Top 5 games of this generation.
post #42 of 48 Old 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Can someone explain to me how to use the waypoint and what is its purpose? I'm currently on the South Island and have begun hunting relics and letters on the north island.
post #43 of 48 Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post

Can someone explain to me how to use the waypoint and what is its purpose? I'm currently on the South Island and have begun hunting relics and letters on the north island.

Nevermind, figured it out!
post #44 of 48 Old 09-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I finished the main storyline a couple nights ago. I will probably capture all the outposts and find the rest of the collectibles, but I don't think I'm going to go for the platinum; I tried one of the co-op missions last night, and found it too frustrating to do solo.

There are a lot of great things about this game -- the geography of the islands, the unscripted encounters, the variety of activities -- but for some reason I haven't enjoyed it as much as Sleeping Dogs -- which I platinumed even though I usually don't like melee combat -- or Red Dead Redemption -- where I couldn't rest until I got 100% on the single-player. I'm not sure why. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading people rank this as one of their favorites of this generation? Maybe because I wasn't particularly engaged by the storyline? I know the storyline is hardly the central feature of an open-world sandbox game, but I definitely cared about what happened to Wei Shen in Sleeping Dogs and John Marston in RDR. The storyline in FC3 is cartoonishly over the top, and I know that's deliberate, but I feel like it worked against my becoming invested in the game.
post #45 of 48 Old 09-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

I finished the main storyline a couple nights ago. I will probably capture all the outposts and find the rest of the collectibles, but I don't think I'm going to go for the platinum; I tried one of the co-op missions last night, and found it too frustrating to do solo.

There are a lot of great things about this game -- the geography of the islands, the unscripted encounters, the variety of activities -- but for some reason I haven't enjoyed it as much as Sleeping Dogs -- which I platinumed even though I usually don't like melee combat -- or Red Dead Redemption -- where I couldn't rest until I got 100% on the single-player. I'm not sure why. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading people rank this as one of their favorites of this generation? Maybe because I wasn't particularly engaged by the storyline? I know the storyline is hardly the central feature of an open-world sandbox game, but I definitely cared about what happened to Wei Shen in Sleeping Dogs and John Marston in RDR. The storyline in FC3 is cartoonishly over the top, and I know that's deliberate, but I feel like it worked against my becoming invested in the game.

Perhaps, I give Far Cry 3 a bump because my expectations weren't that high, it was a last minute play, not a game I had been planning to get all along - and I really enjoyed it - between the exploration, crafting, hunting, side missions, and story. I have Sleeping Dogs but haven't started it. looking forward to it, but generally I prefer gunplay over melee/combat so we'll see.

I even enjoyed co-op once I got a good team online. Mode did seem tacked on, but I had fun with it getting the platinum. I tried a co-op mission by myself on split screen and taking out the heavies was no fun, so no I don't recommend that.
post #46 of 48 Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 236
I got this game and FC3 Blood Dragon free with my new GPU (Asus AMD HD7870). So I'm currently playing it on my new PC. But I have to say I absolutely love the game. I use the Xbox 360 pc Controller with it. And it works perfectly. SO if the PS3 version is as good as the PC version...I consider it a no brainer/buy. Especially if you can grab it on sale for $39 or less.
post #47 of 48 Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Perhaps, I give Far Cry 3 a bump because my expectations weren't that high, it was a last minute play, not a game I had been planning to get all along - and I really enjoyed it - between the exploration, crafting, hunting, side missions, and story. I have Sleeping Dogs but haven't started it. looking forward to it, but generally I prefer gunplay over melee/combat so we'll see.

I even enjoyed co-op once I got a good team online. Mode did seem tacked on, but I had fun with it getting the platinum. I tried a co-op mission by myself on split screen and taking out the heavies was no fun, so no I don't recommend that.

The odd thing was, it wasn't a game I'd been looking forward to either. I hadn't paid much attention to it until I read some posts here raving about it. I picked it up when it went on sale for $30 back in March, and finally got around to it just recently.

I don't mean this to sound like I hated the game. It checks all the boxes that an open-world game is supposed to. But for some reason, it just didn't grab me.
post #48 of 48 Old 09-27-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I had the most fun hunting and liberating outposts.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Far Cry 3 , Far Cry 3 Playstation3 Game Ubisoft

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page