Denon AVR 1612 not working with PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just tried to hook up my ps3 via hdmi to my denon avr 1612 and i am not getting any picture or audio. On the other hand when i go from PS3 to direct HDTV hdmi port it works perfectly and easily. Any ideas on what is wrong here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

I have also tried an optical cable hijacked from my other speaker bar set up. changed the settings in the PS3 to go optical but no luck...are there differences in optical cables? maybe i was using a wrong cable? Right now i have it set up so that picture goes directly to the HDTV through HDMI but audio is routed to the receiver using good ol fashion yellow and white cables so i could atleast use 2 speakers and bass.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hdmi handshake problems unfortunately. My PS3 has been very problematic in this regard whenever I take it out of my system. You can try power-cycling your equipment or differerent hdmi cables, but that has never worked for me. What has worked is swapping out my PS3 for my 360 (seems to re-establish the connection) and back again. If you don't have a 360, I imagine any hdmi source component might do the trick. If that doesn't work, you might have to use component cables (the first time it happened to me, I dug out my old PS2 component cables which are compatible with the PS3), but I know this is a less than ideal solution.

You can also try getting into the PS3 Recovery Menu ( hold power button until it beeps twice) and restarting the system.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hmm... since you're not getting any sound via optical cable, maybe you need to adjust some settings in your receiver.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooodstevenn View Post

I just tried to hook up my ps3 via hdmi to my denon avr 1612 and i am not getting any picture or audio. On the other hand when i go from PS3 to direct HDTV hdmi port it works perfectly and easily. Any ideas on what is wrong here?
Check to see if you have any hdmi processing enabled in the 1612, that might be the issue.

PSN: futurecode
post #6 of 8 Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecode View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooodstevenn View Post

Check to see if you have any hdmi processing enabled in the 1612, that might be the issue.
The 1612 does not have any kind of hdmi processing that can be changed by the end user. It is the basic of their units. Suggest the OP check to make sure that they have the right input selected for the PS3.

For the OP, if you leave the hdmi cable connected, then connect a Blu-Ray player or catv box, turn the 1612 back on, same with the hdset, do you get a picture & audio from that device?
post #7 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 AM

I sometimes have the same issue with my 4308ci. Usually it has to do with the output settings on the PS3. I s usually have to cycle the input on my Denon and it is fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM

I'm having similar issues OP:
My PS3 is connected via HDMI (an AmazonBasics 1.4 [max1.4 hdmi 2m]) to my Denon AVR-1612.

When the AVR is connected to my monitor, a Samsung T260HD, I have no issues.

However, when I connected the receiver to two different new HDTVs (a LG 42CS560 and a Samsung UN40EH6000), both had HDCP handshake issues. In both cases, the issue disappeared when the PS3 was directly connected to the TV (via HDMI). I tried the following to fix the issue:
  • Reset the PS3's video settings (start holding down the power button for ~5-seconds, until you hear a beep)
  • Restricted the HDMI output to 1080p only (unchecking 1080i and 720p)
  • Swapped out the cable for other known good HDMI cables
  • Set audio output to Optical instead of HDMI

Like you, I am very frustrated by this, particularly since direct connecting the PS3 means I need to use optical audio out, limiting my output options, and I have to take extra steps when using different devices. If anyone has additional suggestions, I would be most appreciative.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Denon Avr 1612 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page