PS3 color bleed with HDMI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently picked up a PS3 and the Insignia 26" LED HD tv (NS-26E340A13) during the holidays and i have some problems. The HDMI cable makes the ps3 have a purple saturation to games, blu rays and the XME screen. I've tried different hdmi cables, and turning the PS3 on and off with the 5 second reset. The s-video cables and other video hook ups work fine with proper colors, but the hdmi is the main problem. Is there anything else i can do to fix my color issues or should i just return this tv and get one that is maybe compatible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo917 View Post

I recently picked up a PS3 and the Insignia 26" LED HD tv (NS-26E340A13) during the holidays and i have some problems. The HDMI cable makes the ps3 have a purple saturation to games, blu rays and the XME screen. I've tried different hdmi cables, and turning the PS3 on and off with the 5 second reset. The s-video cables and other video hook ups work fine with proper colors, but the hdmi is the main problem. Is there anything else i can do to fix my color issues or should i just return this tv and get one that is maybe compatible?

I'm unfamiliar with that TV, but the purple hue is likely a bad HDMI cable or HDMI port on the TV. Swap out the cable as a first test, then if the TV has more than 1 HDMI port, try another one. If you can, test the PS3 on another TV known to be working just to rule out the PS3.

I get the purple hued stuff on a small TV I have in the kitchen from time to time, it is connected to my PS3 and a DTV box via a 4x4 matrix, turning the TV off and back on usually solves the issue for me, but know the problem is the signal degradation from the matrix so I just live with it.

Hope you find the problem.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page