Web browser access to the PSN store and remote PS3 / Vita auto-downloading is now available - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

The first post has been updated with info on remote downloading for the PS3 and Vita. It's now up and running.

Using my phone I went to the store to queue up a PS+ free 1-hour trial of that new WWII fighter pilot game that was released this week. We'll see how it goes.

Sweet! Too bad you cant get the PS3 to wake up and check a few times a day, I'd love to be able to queue up a DL from work, and have it ready when I get home. Right now, its just checking at 1am.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Too bad both the new store and the new web store's platform availability are the worst things a company has ever put in front of its customers. My bet would be that Sony has seen a big slump in its online sales from folks that simply can't find what they're looking for. It is worse than awful. I can only hope beyond hope that the PS4's store will be a VAST improvement. Not some Windows 8 ADHD laggy abortion.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #33 of 34 Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post

If I have Plus but don't have a Vita, can i still buy the Plus Free games for Vita and queue them for later download?
*well i do have a Vita, but I'm wondering about the future scenarion with a PS4 - since I have 2 years of Plus queued up, and who knows if I'll get a PS4 right away or not, can I still get the initial free PS4 Plus games?

Yes, you simply have to "purchase" hte free PS+ offerings and they stay in your download queue for as long as you are a member, regardless if you have the system or not. I did that with Vita games before I bought the system on sale. Simply stock up your PS+ library early and you're good to go when you finally take the plunge. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Sweet! Too bad you cant get the PS3 to wake up and check a few times a day, I'd love to be able to queue up a DL from work, and have it ready when I get home. Right now, its just checking at 1am.

I assume you have PS+ - you can set the time of day that it checks and downloads your stuff.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #34 of 34 Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

The first post has been updated with info on remote downloading for the PS3 and Vita. It's now up and running.

Using my phone I went to the store to queue up a PS+ free 1-hour trial of that new WWII fighter pilot game that was released this week. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the update. This is great news! Although in the meantime, I had already figured out that if I started DL'ing content from my PS3, then turned off the PS3 while the DL was in progress, it would finish downloading and installing as part of the other system/game updates in the middle of the night. But of course this new functionality is MUCH better.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page