Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 424
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ons/#sf3597571

Collectors Editions.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 1463 Old 07-07-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 719
So does anyone know when the Digital Guardian Edition will be available to pre-order? This is the version I plan on getting. I see it's priced at 89.99$ and will also include the two expansion packs and other content. And I see there are two other editions that give you physical versions of content. That are $99.99 and $149.99.

EDIT: Man I'm a little slow today.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #393 of 1463 Old 07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

EDIT: Man I'm a little slow today.
A little?

I think Sony will have it up soon. Looks like they might even help out the early preorders as well with an upgrade.

I am torn, I plan on going digital but I am sucker for the editions with toys. I'll most likely end up buying the digital and the Ghost edition.

benjamin-benjami -
post #394 of 1463 Old 07-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Everybody should know the beta schedule by now, it not here it is: Alot of xbox owners upset at only get 4 days in beta!

Also, not sure this is a good thing if they have expansion packs announced before initial release, but here they are:

Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below
Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves

More details here: http://www.destinythegame.com/wheret...=expansionPass
mphfrom77 likes this.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #395 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Limited Edition pre-ordered!

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #396 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone that preordered it on PSN can now upgrade. The link they give is to the PSN store.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...32264134230016

I couldn't find it but maybe its because I don't have a preorder on PSN? I don't know.
aaronwt likes this.

benjamin-benjami -
post #397 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Anyone that preordered it on PSN can now upgrade. The link they give is to the PSN store.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...32264134230016

I couldn't find it but maybe its because I don't have a preorder on PSN? I don't know.
Sweet!!! Thanks!!! I just pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition. Now my PSN Wallet is low enough so I can add the other gift cards to it and finally throw them away. I wish they would get rid of the $150 limit.

post #398 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Those dev videos make the game look far more social than I encountered in the beta. After their most recent description of the game I'm still concerned this is going to lead to some of the pitfalls other MMOs have encountered.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

post #399 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I enjoyed the alpha enough that I decided to upgrade to the Limited edition, mainly for the metal case (wish more games offered them) and the included expansions. Works out to about the same price with a few extras thrown in, so not a bad deal.

I can see why people get bent out of shape with announced expansions two months before the base game releases. Always there's a worry that the main game was shrunk to get the expansions done faster. Usually (hopefully?) these things are actual extras that add to the game, rather than make up for missing parts. I'm trusting Bungie on this one and going for the best deal at launch.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #400 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post
Usually (hopefully?) these things are actual extras that add to the game, rather than make up for missing parts. I'm trusting Bungie on this one and going for the best deal at launch.
I posted a link above for descriptions of the expansion packs. They are essentially specialized mission packs at new map locations(planets?)

I'm a sucker too because I just paid off the limited edition at gamestop. The alpha was fun, and I see big potential in the final product. The quality is there, just so is the cost.
post #401 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post
I enjoyed the alpha enough that I decided to upgrade to the Limited edition, mainly for the metal case (wish more games offered them) and the included expansions. Works out to about the same price with a few extras thrown in, so not a bad deal.

I can see why people get bent out of shape with announced expansions two months before the base game releases. Always there's a worry that the main game was shrunk to get the expansions done faster. Usually (hopefully?) these things are actual extras that add to the game, rather than make up for missing parts. I'm trusting Bungie on this one and going for the best deal at launch.

I have a hard time buying most DLC. My concern isn't a shrunk game, it's the fact that its a money grab for something that should be included. You pay your $60 for a game then a month later you have this extra, $5-$15 expense for some maps or whatever they are trying to sell you. That's what grinds my gears. Not a big deal to me, because I don't buy the DLC.

I will typically wait for GOTY editions of a game to include all the DLC, plus wait on a discount on top of including all the extra DLC.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #402 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I have a hard time buying most DLC. My concern isn't a shrunk game, it's the fact that its a money grab for something that should be included. You pay your $60 for a game then a month later you have this extra, $5-$15 expense for some maps or whatever they are trying to sell you. That's what grinds my gears. Not a big deal to me, because I don't buy the DLC.

I will typically wait for GOTY editions of a game to include all the DLC, plus wait on a discount on top of including all the extra DLC.
lol, all I can think of is family guy!.

I agree with this statement, at times this just seems like a cash grab, especially when it is day 1 DLC...like really, you are charging me extra to unlock something that is already on the disc??!?

DLC is nice, but it is becoming a sorry excuse for true game value/replayability and general developer laziness. I get it, you have these HUGE budgets and HUGE ideas on a small development window, but ffs at least make the content actually worth the extra expense and not just a pointless 1hr experience in the same environments with slightly different object placements.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

Last edited by Epyon415; 07-08-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: failure of a new site!
post #403 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
lol, all I can think of is family guy!.

That's why I wrote it

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #404 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 03:42 PM

Ubisoft Says Players More Open to DLC Now -- Are You?

Ugh

post #405 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I'm usually the one to do just as you say, wait for a giant price drop or the bundled version. The way this game plays is the reason I don't mind throwing full support behind this one. Basically my gut feeling is very positive so I'll shell out the dollars up front without remorse. There is always a worse case scenario, where both of these expansions can be played through in an hour or something equally silly. Always some risk when you go with your gut on these new IP's. They can only burn me once though.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #406 of 1463 Old 07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mnemonic View Post
I am. I think it gives more value to the game. I certainly don't expect them to offer all of the same stuff for free.

post #407 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I feel everyone is justified in their insecurities regarding DLC but from what Bungie have been saying I reckon they'll be very fair in dealing with the usual MMO pitfalls and are very fan-orientated so I'd bet the DLC will be worth the pennies but in saying that; two expansions two months before the game is released?...
post #408 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM

So from what I have read both latest gen consoles will be running Destiny at 1080p@30fps. Anybody hear different?

post #409 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Read where? What FPS on the PS360 runs at 1080P? My guess, 720P FXAA and frequent drops below 30.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #410 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

That is last gen. Current gen is supposed to be running at 1080P30.

post #411 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Be sure to check your email--Bungie has sent out an email that asks you to log in to Bungie.net in order to choose your platform of choice for Beta. I signed up for PS4 (Americas) about 20 mins. ago. Once you do, they ask you to check back on July 17th to get the Download code for the Beta.

Check the requirements CLOSELY--if you choose the wrong platform or country, Bungie says the Download code won't work and you CAN'T go back and change your choice. Also, note that some platforms (PSN Digital pre-orders) won't need a Download code for the Beta (check Bungie.net to verify--I saw it in the FAQs, but I'd rather you check for yourself than rely on my word).
aaronwt and tampabuc like this.

- My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #412 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have one login for Playstation and one login for Xbox. So I should be able to keep mine separate that way.

EDIT: Yes that worked out well. I logged into my Sony account for the PS4 beta and I logged into my MS account for the XBOne beta. So now I just need to come back on the 17th and 23rd to get the download codes for the PS4 and XBOne..

Last edited by aaronwt; 07-10-2014 at 08:34 PM.
post #413 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Got the beta email and confirmed everything...

Did everyone else see that you will get 3 beta codes in total, 2 to share with friends?

I'll have 1 extra PS4 code but need one X1 code if anyone wants to trade.

Thanks
post #414 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Ill have prob 1 extra pd4 code

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build

post #415 of 1463 Old 07-10-2014, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post
Don't shy away just yet.

3. Theres talks of "save points" during the raid that could possibly let you pick up a raid after you've started.
That would be a huge plus if that was going to be that way. One of the things I didn't like with the Alpha was the fact how scarce ammo got and how hard some of the Bosses were. I don't mind grinding, but some of those fights were not balanced very well at all.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #416 of 1463 Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

Did everyone else see that you will get 3 beta codes in total, 2 to share with friends?

Thanks
I never even got the beta email. I only got an email when I first pre-ordered, over a month ago. But thanks to shadowlock, I went to the site yesterday to set it up to get the download codes for my PS4 and XBOne.

I did see about the multiple codes, but I didn't realize why until reading your post. At the time I was thinking you needed a code for each character you created or something.

post #417 of 1463 Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

Thanks
I got an XB1 code for you if youre willing to part with that PS4 code. I wont be able to give to you until 7/23, which sucks, but Im good for it. Just PM me when it gets close. Thanks.
post #418 of 1463 Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post
Ill have prob 1 extra pd4 code
Same offer to you, although you did not request an XB1 code. Thanks
post #419 of 1463 Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD MC View Post
Same offer to you, although you did not request an XB1 code. Thanks
If I dont have a friend to take it I'll give it to you. Although it doesn't really look like they are going to have a shortage. You could probably just tweet more console or datto or any other content provider to get one

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build

post #420 of 1463 Old 07-11-2014, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smile

So I just pre ordered from best buy.. how long does it take them to email the code? Anyone know? Thanks
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Destiny

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page