Forum Jump: 
 574Likes

post #571 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 830
How do I access this two hour event? I don't see a way to get to it. I saw a message that popped up but I see no way to set a destination to it.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
How do I access this two hour event? I don't see a way to get to it. I saw a message that popped up but I see no way to set a destination to it.
Its in PVP.
post #573 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
If anybody received any codes for the PS3 from Sony, I would recommend downloading the PS3 version just for kicks and giggles. The difference between the PS3 and PS4 is staggering, in every aspect.
luism2008 likes this.
post #574 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Control needs work, only thing impressive to me is the lighting.

I am a Borderlands 2 junkie and not really impressed with this Beta after a couple hours of play.

Jason
post #575 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 210
So either the PS4 video capture is extra ****** or this game isn't a locked 30fps. I am watching some vids I captured and there is some noticeable screentear in single player. Do we know if this is true?

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #576 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question i hope someone can help with, my kids are interested in this game, one of them asked tonight if they could have different characters linked to their own profiles and play online with them? Does it matter if its a digital download to my profile, will they still be able to play it on either of theirs?

We all have a separate profile but only mine is linked to the paid playstation subscription, apparently when it comes to war thunder they can only play using my profile, i assume that's because it was a free PS+ game.
post #577 of 4298 Old 07-19-2014, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
To bad there is not away to try the Beta on the PS4 and the Xbox One. It would have been fun switching back and forth between the two and seeing how it plays out on them both.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #578 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
To bad there is not away to try the Beta on the PS4 and the Xbox One. It would have been fun switching back and forth between the two and seeing how it plays out on them both.
?? The Beta comes out for the XBOne in a few days. It starts on July 23rd on the XBOne. I plan to try it out on the XBOne since I will be getting the download codes. But my final Pre-order was the Digital Guardian version for the PS4.(I need to cancel my initial two pre-orders from Best Buy for disc versions for the PS4 and XBOne)

Bungie has already said that the Beta is not in 1080P on the XBOne. But they are aiming for 1080P for the final version.

LED DLP
post #579 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 36
ps4 code
mger-aen5-35f5

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #580 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
?? The Beta comes out for the XBOne in a few days. It starts on July 23rd on the XBOne. I plan to try it out on the XBOne since I will be getting the download codes. But my final Pre-order was the Digital Guardian version for the PS4.(I need to cancel my initial two pre-orders from Best Buy for disc versions for the PS4 and XBOne)

Bungie has already said that the Beta is not in 1080P on the XBOne. But they are aiming for 1080P for the final version.
Yea. I know the X1 is not going to be 1080P for the beta. That was never a concern. Also knew the Beta started later for the X1 as well. Oh well this game I was planning on waiting to get anyways and will most likely pick it up for X1 just based on the fact more friends will play it on there.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #581 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargrog View Post
I have a question i hope someone can help with, my kids are interested in this game, one of them asked tonight if they could have different characters linked to their own profiles and play online with them? Does it matter if its a digital download to my profile, will they still be able to play it on either of theirs?

We all have a separate profile but only mine is linked to the paid playstation subscription, apparently when it comes to war thunder they can only play using my profile, i assume that's because it was a free PS+ game.
If I understand correct they have their own PSN ID on your console? I dont know first hand how secondary profiles function with installed titles, but if the game appears under their profile then I'd believe it should allow them to create their own guardians in-game. I believe if you have multiple consoles, you'd authorize the second ones and they should be ok.

PS+ is different as it is your account that is "buying" the free content.

For those who missed the Iron Banner crucible maps, they will be available again at 2pm PST today, and gain at 7pm PST.

YouTube Gameplay Videos

Last edited by Epyon415; 07-20-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: extra post
post #582 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I believe you will be able to play the game without PS+, the only parts that require PS+ are the crucible, the multiplayer. Maybe the strikes too? I let my PS+ lapse, without realizing, while the beta was on and I was playing the game, but went to crucible and had a message that I needed PS+.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #583 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

They need to remove the whole going into orbit thing.

Unless there are going to be more safe cities like Tower, there's no reason at all for it. You have to waste load time to go into orbit, then more load time to load whatever your destination is. Skip the middle bullsht and just go to the destination.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #584 of 4298 Old 07-20-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
I have a PS3 code if anyone wants it. Just pm me.
post #585 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
They need to remove the whole going into orbit thing.

Unless there are going to be more safe cities like Tower, there's no reason at all for it. You have to waste load time to go into orbit, then more load time to load whatever your destination is. Skip the middle bullsht and just go to the destination.
Isn't that the entire reason that is there? So it can load while you are waiting on the screen showing the ships?

LED DLP
post #586 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 518
696f-pdn5-n5pe
ap48-9pnk-ep3t

ps3 - lc23-cnn2-rrq2

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #587 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Isn't that the entire reason that is there? So it can load while you are waiting on the screen showing the ships?
Orbit screen is basically a pause menu. It's not loading anything until you choose your destination.

It's there to view your useless vanity items you chose (ships) and time wasting. I'm going to predict they will have DLC with ships eventually. WoW had things like this that they sold for $10, which equates to the speeder bikes in this game. The ships in this game serve no purpose at all, other than setting your ship apart from another person's ship.

There is only one reason I can see for the orbit screen, but only when you are out in a hostile environment. It puts you in a safe area to choose your destination. But there is no reason for it when you are in the Tower.

It just feels like there is an awful lot of loading time.

Anyway, last night I was playing the iron banner pvp and got a nice purple gun, that required level 20. I also got a purple ship, of course.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #588 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post
I have a PS3 code if anyone wants it. Just pm me.
Here I'll just post it here:

PS3: 3QTP-LCN2-HTAH
post #589 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Beta's offline until the 23rd.

Anyone in here in the AVS Rocks clan on Bungie.net from Halo 2?

It's still around, maybe it'll get resurrected for this game.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #590 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 592
I am done with the Beta anyways unless they add a new area to go through. I play up until the giant purple orb which I assume is the last thing you can do. I am sick of Old Russia. I enjoyed it while I was there but want to see something new. I'm sure the full game will have more Old Russia based on there being areas with monsters being way too powerful for level 8 characters.

Did they say how many actually planets or locations there will be?
post #591 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post
Beta's offline until the 23rd.

Anyone in here in the AVS Rocks clan on Bungie.net from Halo 2?

It's still around, maybe it'll get resurrected for this game.
If no one resurrects it, I'm inclined to start a new one just for this so everyone who plays can organize easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
I am done with the Beta anyways unless they add a new area to go through. I play up until the giant purple orb which I assume is the last thing you can do. I am sick of Old Russia. I enjoyed it while I was there but want to see something new. I'm sure the full game will have more Old Russia based on there being areas with monsters being way too powerful for level 8 characters.

Did they say how many actually planets or locations there will be?
Per bungie.net - Mercury, Earth, Tower, Moon, Jupiter, Saturn. I wouldn't expect more than a handful at launch with maybe one or two later on via DLC or expansion. I'm getting a stronger feeling that nexus was right and the single player/co-op story wont last more than 20hrs tops, with a later emphasis on MP/firestrikes.

I'm really curious why there is a fourth race (http://t.co/rL8UV1L3FJ) in the grimoire, secret race still to be unlocked?!?!
freemeat likes this.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #592 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
If no one resurrects it, I'm inclined to start a new one just for this so everyone who plays can organize easier.

Per bungie.net - Mercury, Earth, Tower, Moon, Jupiter, Saturn. I wouldn't expect more than a handful at launch with maybe one or two later on via DLC or expansion. I'm getting a stronger feeling that nexus was right and the single player/co-op story wont last more than 20hrs tops, with a later emphasis on MP/firestrikes.

I'm really curious why there is a fourth race (http://t.co/rL8UV1L3FJ) in the grimoire, secret race still to be unlocked?!?!

I guess I wrongly assumed we'd be visiting a bunch of alien worlds, not just planets in our solar system. I thought it was gonna be like a massive galaxy with the ability to play many alien species and missions catered towards their problems as well. Maybe pitting two or more good races against each other for territory.
post #593 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
I guess I wrongly assumed we'd be visiting a bunch of alien worlds, not just planets in our solar system. I thought it was gonna be like a massive galaxy with the ability to play many alien species and missions catered towards their problems as well. Maybe pitting two or more good races against each other for territory.
Was reading something this morning where sequels will import your character. That's a bit telling there. Sequels are planned which we kind of knew but more content that could be further out in space may just be there depending on how the story unfolds.

Bungie has been very wishy washy about calling Destiny an MMO and I think the more we see the more we see why. Its a shooter like Halo, with an expanding universe like Mass Effect, character building from an MMO, and a traditional game + DLC model. Their accurate in describing it as a hybrid but I think we may have set our hopes too high on what this was and reality is setting in. All I have to say is it will be cool either way. If it is a short story I will be very pleased to have ordered the disc. The story looks really cool; the MP was fun but not something I will invest a huge amount of time on. I've just tempered my excitement a bit. Now I can properly look forward to Evolve, COD, LBP, and all the other goodies coming about the same time.
freemeat likes this.
post #594 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, so far it seems more like Dark Souls than a MMO. You happen to run into some people, pair you up with two others to do some missions and that's about it. Though the hub has people dancing around, not sure the appeal but it seems to be what is happening.
post #595 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Was reading something this morning where sequels will import your character. That's a bit telling there. Sequels are planned which we kind of knew but more content that could be further out in space may just be there depending on how the story unfolds.

Bungie has been very wishy washy about calling Destiny an MMO and I think the more we see the more we see why. Its a shooter like Halo, with an expanding universe like Mass Effect, character building from an MMO, and a traditional game + DLC model. Their accurate in describing it as a hybrid but I think we may have set our hopes too high on what this was and reality is setting in. All I have to say is it will be cool either way. If it is a short story I will be very pleased to have ordered the disc. The story looks really cool; the MP was fun but not something I will invest a huge amount of time on. I've just tempered my excitement a bit. Now I can properly look forward to Evolve, COD, LBP, and all the other goodies coming about the same time.

I asked bungie, "will i be able to play with nexus in this game?", they replied "only for the first 3 months".... still enough to make me buy the game..
lordxar5 likes this.
post #596 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

It's a hybrid, heavy on the MMO side. The vendors are very much MMO system, like WoW. You have to wear a symbol of that faction while grinding out missions for them to gain reputation to buy the equipment for that vendor. PVP is the same. The strikes are very much like MMO dungeons. The vanity items like ships. Speeder bikes are the mounts.

Leveling up appears to be very quick, though. Level 20 seems to be the max level for the release, maybe? If not, level 20 is the max for earth, I would guess. Then you move on to higher level planets.

I was a WoW junkie for a long time. Since I quit, I haven't played anything as dedicated as I would WoW. This will probably fill that need for me. For a bit, anyway.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #597 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
It's possible that the beta has you leveling up quicker than the final version. Getting to level 8 is extremely quick, so unless it tapers off drastically as you get higher and higher, hitting level 20 ok the final release may happen way too fast.
post #598 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Level 6 gets you on the Moon. So if Mars and Venus are it...
post #599 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Level 6 gets you on the Moon. So if Mars and Venus are it...
Do you mean in retail? I am level 8 and it is locked.
post #600 of 4298 Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Old Russia reminds me of Fallout 3. The outdoor areas remind me of the wastelands of Fallout 3. Some of the indoor areas, also remind me of some of the indoor areas in Fallout 3 as well.

The only thing is, it's not anywhere near as interactive as Fallout 3. When I see a table, I can't go over to the table and open and take things from it, or it's empty and I can just close it. When I see a dead body, I can go over to it and examine it and take all the items of value. Fallout 3 has pretty much spoiled me when it comes to First Person Shooters and interactivity with your surroundings. Other games just seem so basic. Just run around and shoot. You can't really explore very much, because there isn't anything to interact with. Just run around and shoot.

Still, it can be very fun in limited bursts, and I really liked some of the environments that they were using and the atmosphere and music. I just wish there was a bit more exporing and quiet times in-between the gunplay. Seems like the quiet times don't last very long, it's mostly just gunplay over and over. Maybe traveling to the other planets could get interesting.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Destiny

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page