post #601 of 2659 Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
Do you mean in retail? I am level 8 and it is locked.
Yea.. click on it in beta. Says lvl 6 gets you in but if you click it and try to go there it says wait till September.
freemeat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Old Russia reminds me of Fallout 3. The outdoor areas remind me of the wastelands of Fallout 3. Some of the indoor areas, also remind me of some of the indoor areas in Fallout 3 as well.

The only thing is, it's not anywhere near as interactive as Fallout 3. When I see a table, I can't go over to the table and open and take things from it, or it's empty and I can just close it. When I see a dead body, I can go over to it and examine it and take all the items of value. Fallout 3 has pretty much spoiled me when it comes to First Person Shooters and interactivity with your surroundings. Other games just seem so basic. Just run around and shoot. You can't really explore very much, because there isn't anything to interact with. Just run around and shoot.

Still, it can be very fun in limited bursts, and I really liked some of the environments that they were using and the atmosphere and music. I just wish there was a bit more exporing and quiet times in-between the gunplay. Seems like the quiet times don't last very long, it's mostly just gunplay over and over. Maybe traveling to the other planets could get interesting.
I kinda agree after playing it up to the level 8 cap. It's an interesting world they've built but so far there's very little interactivity within it. Like you said, gunplay over and over again. But that's what the youngins' like, shooting each other repeatedly so it's what gets focused on. I'd like the game to offer more exploration personally. Come across a ruin on Mars, explore deep underground, find interesting artifacts while also having the combat that it seems geared towards. From what I've played though the repetition of strikes, pvp, gunplay gunplay gunplay will get old after awhile. Especially if they don't have a lengthy SP. At least Halo had an interesting SP to offset all the repetitive online shooting.
post #603 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 567
I would love for a lot more exploration aspects. The very first time I fired it up in the Alpha I went into some dark underground area to see some aliens just walking around. Their are some spots like that in the Beta, unfortunately they all seem to have aliens at levels far to high to do anything with. Exploring to find some imprisoned people, new items, etc would all be welcome. Spawning enemies over and over again to collect cloth until you hit 100% just isn't all that exciting to me. There is a lot of potential..
post #604 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Since science fiction themed games are not my thing, Destiny didn't excite me at all. But since I got access to the Alpha and also the Beta (thanks Nex), I figured I'd try it out and see.

Well, now that I've put a little time into the game and got to see firsthand what it's like, there's absolute, without a doubt confirmation that I still don't like science fiction themed games and Destiny will be a pass for me.
post #605 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Since science fiction themed games are not my thing, Destiny didn't excite me at all. But since I got access to the Alpha and also the Beta (thanks Nex), I figured I'd try it out and see.

Well, now that I've put a little time into the game and got to see firsthand what it's like, there's absolute, without a doubt confirmation that I still don't like science fiction themed games and Destiny will be a pass for me.
You'll be back

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #606 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
You'll be back

Yes he will. He will see all of us playing and end up buying it. He doesn't want to be on the outside looking in.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #607 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 752
You've got to play something,. Battlefield Hardline is pushed to next year. CoD is SciFi in the future. It seems like a large percentage of games have some Sci-Fi aspect.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #608 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

So apparently the beta is back already? 32MB update for PS4

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/...tarts-as-well/

Bungie confirmed - http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Beta...News?aid=11957

small patch file...did they add anything I wonder.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #609 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Also emails have gone out for XB1 preorders, Tampabuc, youve got mail
aaronwt and tampabuc like this.
post #610 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD MC View Post
Thanks for the heads up!! It's downloading now.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #611 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Thanks for the heads up!! It's downloading now.
Be sure to share impressions between consoles.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #612 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
You'll be back
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Yes he will. He will see all of us playing and end up buying it. He doesn't want to be on the outside looking in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
You've got to play something,. Battlefield Hardline is pushed to next year. CoD is SciFi in the future. It seems like a large percentage of games have some Sci-Fi aspect.
My willpower is stronger than you guys think! I will not be tempted, coerced or blackmailed under any circumstances.

(Inner voice in my head)..."Must not cave in, must not cave in"..
slyderulz likes this.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #613 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My willpower is stronger than you guys think! I will not be tempted, coerced or blackmailed under any circumstances.

(Inner voice in my head)..."Must not cave in, must not cave in"..
We need to start bugging his kid. He may ignore us and he may ignore his inner demons but who can refuse that poor boy of his Destiny!
post #614 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

So no new content? I see
The moon is still locked
post #615 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD MC View Post

Thanks man! Downloading now!
post #616 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I was with a group earlier that were taking on a Hallowed Knight. You know, the scary dudes who 1-2 shot kill you when you went too deep into a few locations. There was 4-5 folks, and the damage we were doing was practically negligible (i.e. 1 maybe 2 HP damage tops, with tons of "immune"s). The were countless deaths and revives. Eventually I had to to leave, but the gauntlet has officially been slapped. Who's with me to take down one these beasts and accept the challenge Bungie has set forth?

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #617 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
They definitely upped the difficulty, much higher.
post #618 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
haven't been playing because since i am buying the game no point to waste a bunch of hours since it won't transfer..
kjr39 and Smigro like this.
post #619 of 2659 Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
. Spawning enemies over and over again to collect cloth until you hit 100% just isn't all that exciting to me. There is a lot of potential..
Yeah, it seems like the enemies repeat over and over. You know that area with the huge B52 bomber type aircraft that is all old and rusty, and the Fallen are all around that area ?

I've been in that area, and killed every single one of those dudes, then leave the area briefly, come right back, and it seems they repopulate. I'm not a fan of that. I like clearing out areas, and being done with it, so to speak. This is another area where Fallout has spoiled me for all other FPS. I know it's kinda unfair comparison, because Fallout has so many RPG elements to go along with the First Person Shooting.

Still, in Fallout 3, if I go to some underground lair, and I kill all the bad guys there, the bodies are just laying on the ground, all over the place. The enemies don't just continuously regenerate.

The other thing that really disappoints me with this game is the fact that the graphics of the PS3 version look almost exactly the same. It just seems like the PS3 version is a bit more fuzzy, and the PS4 version is super sharp, but it's basically kinda the same game, which tells me that Bungie isn't really using hardly any of the power of these new boxes, which is pretty lame..

Certainly, it's hard to blame Bungie too much, they started Destiny so long ago, and back then it was all 360 and PS3, so obviously they focused on that. This transitional period is going to be a bit of a problem though unless Microsoft and Sony pull off the damn band-aid, and force gamers to switch to current gen. Sony and Microsoft are making it too easy for gamers to be content with the older consoles.
freemeat likes this.
post #620 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 200
I do think that the comparison to Fallout 3 is a bit unfair. This game feels way more like Borderlands mixed with a bit of Halo and WoW. For the record, I loved Fallout 3, LOVED IT. I can't wait for another one. However, Destiny has very little in common with Fallout 3.

I do agree that there needs to be more of an incentive in Destiny to explore. It doesn't help that Old Russia is pretty boring as it is. Hopefully there is a lot more variety in the game. Any word on how many planets and moons there will be in the final game? Is Old Russia the only place we get to visit on Earth?

On a side note: I haven't done the Strike Team mission yet. Anyone want to tackle that in coop tonight around 9pm eastern? I sort of hate having ransoms on my fire team. Haha.
post #621 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Any word on how many planets and moons there will be in the final game? Is Old Russia the only place we get to visit on Earth?

On a side note: I haven't done the Strike Team mission yet. Anyone want to tackle that in coop tonight around 9pm eastern? I sort of hate having ransoms on my fire team. Haha.
Looks to be 5 + tower based on what is in the Grimoire (Earth, Moon, Jupiter, Saturn & Mercury), but that might change. I am guessing Venus & Mars are just MP maps (?). I suspect each planet will only have one accessible location, which might expand in the future. I am curious how they will incorporate the "higher" level areas we've stumbled upon on earth, whether it is just pure explore or quest lead later on.

If I am online I'll run the strike with ya!

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #622 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I hopped on for like 5 minutes last night. Were you able to have more than 3 in a party for missions previously? I could have sworn their were 3-4 others aside from me this time will doing a main mission (the one with the Cube going through the 3 phases to unlock the area).

I thought all missions were capped at 3 total but if they allow for more than that at times that could lead to some pretty cool missions, assuming the engine can handle it.
post #623 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I hopped on for like 5 minutes last night. Were you able to have more than 3 in a party for missions previously? I could have sworn their were 3-4 others aside from me this time will doing a main mission (the one with the Cube going through the 3 phases to unlock the area).

I thought all missions were capped at 3 total but if they allow for more than that at times that could lead to some pretty cool missions, assuming the engine can handle it.
I think you see up to eight/nine? people in the overworld but once your fireteam enters a don't die instance type area, its just your three. So the overworld gets events to pull those in that area together for a kill then the fireteams wander off for story.

Am I the only one who really likes the in game helmet comms? Chat is great but there's another level of immersion on helmet comm.
post #624 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Yeah, it seems like the enemies repeat over and over. You know that area with the huge B52 bomber type aircraft that is all old and rusty, and the Fallen are all around that area ?

I've been in that area, and killed every single one of those dudes, then leave the area briefly, come right back, and it seems they repopulate. I'm not a fan of that. I like clearing out areas, and being done with it, so to speak. This is another area where Fallout has spoiled me for all other FPS. I know it's kinda unfair comparison, because Fallout has so many RPG elements to go along with the First Person Shooting.

Still, in Fallout 3, if I go to some underground lair, and I kill all the bad guys there, the bodies are just laying on the ground, all over the place. The enemies don't just continuously regenerate.

The other thing that really disappoints me with this game is the fact that the graphics of the PS3 version look almost exactly the same. It just seems like the PS3 version is a bit more fuzzy, and the PS4 version is super sharp, but it's basically kinda the same game, which tells me that Bungie isn't really using hardly any of the power of these new boxes, which is pretty lame..

Certainly, it's hard to blame Bungie too much, they started Destiny so long ago, and back then it was all 360 and PS3, so obviously they focused on that. This transitional period is going to be a bit of a problem though unless Microsoft and Sony pull off the damn band-aid, and force gamers to switch to current gen. Sony and Microsoft are making it too easy for gamers to be content with the older consoles.
Well to be fair enemies respawned in Fallout, it just took longer. Because of the nature of the game (online mmo-esque) they have to respawn much faster. If it was just a solo game like Fallout 3 and it still did this then yeah I'd complain but as it is it's to be expected with the kind of game it is. As for the look of the game I haven't played the PS3 version (no PS3 anymore) so I can't comment but to be honest the game looks good enough to me. It's not a graphical powerhouse but the glare effect lighting has is pretty impressive as is the depth of field and transition from dark to light. The sound is very immersive too so looks and audio for the game are just fine for me.

My biggest complaint so far is again that the game seems really geared towards rewarding those who play extensive pvp. The Crucible does nothing for me. The British announcer has some funny lines but I'm just not that interested in competitive multiplayer anymore. If the game was geared towards having a rich single player story with extensive exploration possibilities I'd probably say it would be my most anticipated game since Fallout 3 but as it is the story driven elements seem tacked on. Maybe the final game will surprise me but it seems to easy these days for developers to forgo single player and take the easy route of extending a game through multiplayer. Eh, still gonna get it at launch though lol.
post #625 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
I think you see up to eight/nine? people in the overworld but once your fireteam enters a don't die instance type area, its just your three. So the overworld gets events to pull those in that area together for a kill then the fireteams wander off for story.

Am I the only one who really likes the in game helmet comms? Chat is great but there's another level of immersion on helmet comm.
I could have sworn we had more than 3 on the fire team doing that mission last night but maybe I was wrong. It was definitely only 3 max prior to the yesterday.
post #626 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
haven't been playing because since i am buying the game no point to waste a bunch of hours since it won't transfer..
you make it sound like work!

- Chris
post #627 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is there a push to talk function or does the group chat just turn on automatically?

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #628 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

Helmet comms??????
post #629 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Just chillin'

War paint on

post #630 of 2659 Old 07-23-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

They need those magical marbles from Starman (Jeff Bridges).
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Destiny

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page