Forum Jump: 
 335Likes

post #91 of 2551 Old 01-07-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Anyone having/had problems activating their Bungie.net account? Still haven't gotten the email address verification email and have requested it several times. Anyone got thoughts or should I just contact Bungie Support?

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2551 Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Anyone having/had problems activating their Bungie.net account? Still haven't gotten the email address verification email and have requested it several times. Anyone got thoughts or should I just contact Bungie Support?

I'd check your spam folder and see if the email ended up there first. If not, then I'd contact Bungie Support. It's been several months since I signed up, but I remember the process as painless. Everything worked like is should have on my end.
Epyon415 likes this.

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #93 of 2551 Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlock View Post

I'd check your spam folder and see if the email ended up there first. If not, then I'd contact Bungie Support. It's been several months since I signed up, but I remember the process as painless. Everything worked like is should have on my end.

Thanks sir. I swapped to a different email addy and sent the verification. Got registered. Managed to set it back to my primary account for games and oddly enough the email came thru w/o error. Damn technology biggrin.gif

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #94 of 2551 Old 02-28-2014, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Some news bits:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/28/destiny-set-to-improve-further-graphically-beta-testers-allowed-to-stream-may-play-a-role-in-the-story/

Be interesting to see how Bungie builds the game around its community.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #95 of 2551 Old 03-01-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 127
^^^^thanks for sharing. I'm really looking forward to the beta.

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #96 of 2551 Old 03-02-2014, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

hmmm, i preordered from gamestop and haven't gotten any codes.

If you pre-ordered it in store, then the code is on the receipt.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #97 of 2551 Old 03-22-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Any news lately with this game?

When does it drop?
post #98 of 2551 Old 03-22-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Last I heard was 09/09/2014 for the release date.

So unfortunately, not anytime soon.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #99 of 2551 Old 03-24-2014, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here is some more info via the Official playstation mag. UK--specifically note the info about foci & net code. You can find the original story ( with new pics) at this link.
Quote:
Destiny’s Warlock, Hunter & Titan classes explained – Focus powers key to character building

Comments 0 Staff at 10:58am March 24 2014

What an elusive customer Destiny has been since its reveal early last year. Until now, you stood more chance of carrying a greased-up eel through a slip-n-slide than getting a firm hold on how Bungie’s forward-thinking online shooter actually plays. But at least we know how the character creation and class system works, giving us a better idea of what it’s like to grab a gun and explore the Solar System alongside some friends/strangers/tweens with the headset mic halfway down their throat.

Destiny Warlock, Hunter and Titan classes explained
For instance, we now have concrete details on the tripartite class system featuring the Warlock, Hunter and Titan. All three can use the same guns, but their armour level is tied to their class, Titans being the best equipped to soak up pain. Character builds really start to diverge from one another as you pick a ‘focus’. These grant you special abilities, melee attacks and movement options like teleportation, double-jumping and gliding (performed with a double-tap of the jump button). Each area’s designed with verticality in mind, so as you gain extra movement ability through your focus you’ll also gain access to new parts of the world.

Destiny’s persistent online world mixes shooter and RPG gameplay.
Focuses all have names like goth metal bands: Heart Of Fusion grants your Warlock a swathe of support abilities, while Circle Of Night gives him a more powerful combat toolset. Titans, meanwhile, get Fist Of Havoc: a close-range melee attack which becomes more powerful, and adds shock damage, as you level up. As for Hunters, they score the Golden Gun: a one-shot kill, in case you’re not au fait with Goldeneye. Then there’s My Chemical Necromance, which… okay that one we made up. There are 20 levels to each focus, with more powerful feats unlocking towards the end of the upgrade tree.

And what about that persistent, connected shared-world?
Here’s how it works, without the dev’s hot air: when the game descends from above on 9 September, everyone on a particular platform will exist within one server. To prevent overcrowding, the net code constantly tracks your connection compatibility to others and populates the game world with the right number of players – PvP, co-op and special mission types send you to server ‘shards’ with their own rule-sets.

Destiny’s always instilled a certain confidence in us, but until now it’s been tricky to assess whether Bungie’s broad promises would take root as meaningful gameplay systems. These new details show a commitment and desire to break new ground – and best of all, it’s progress that doesn’t resort to Quantic Dream, fighting-ghosts-in-the-desert-style tactics.

Tags: Activision, Bungie, Destiny, featured

Related Posts

post #100 of 2551 Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 52
My son is really excited about Destiny, so I went to Best Buy and was able to get a beta code. They ask for your email when you preorder it, and then it takes about 4 days to get the email with the code. I then had to get a Bungie account and enter the code their. They will be sending the PSN code when the beta comes out. He is really excited!smile.gif

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #101 of 2551 Old 04-04-2014, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I pre-ordered Destiny at Gamestop the same time I pre-ordered my ps4. I didn't have the code on my receipt. Went back yesterday and they redid the pre-order and I got my code. Can't wait to play this game. Look forward to playing with everyone.

PSN ID : AVS Dash
post #102 of 2551 Old 04-04-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'm SO hyped about this game. Competitive multiplayer with MMO type public events and rare loot? Its like the best game evar!

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #103 of 2551 Old 04-07-2014, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

More information about Destiny from PS3trophies.com:
Quote:
New Destiny Details and Screenshots Released
Written Monday, April 07, 2014 By Lee Bradley
Bungie has released a new set of screens for Destiny, while confirming that the game will not feature NPC companions.

Speaking over on the game’s official site, Bungie also discussed the scope of the upcoming beta and revealed some details regarding crafting.

“Why would you want to recruit a Non-Player Character, when the world of Destiny is populated with Guardians?” asked Bungie, responding to a question about companion NPCs.

“Every hero from the last safe city on Earth will be driven by a living, thinking player with a racing pulse and an itchy trigger finger,” the studio explained.

“You’ll come across characters bound to the software, of course, but your allies will be the other players who join you on your adventures.”

Regarding the game’s upcoming beta, Bungie said it will be, “Enough to tell us what we need to know, but not so much that you’ll be left with no more worlds to conquer.

“Ever served Bungie as a beta tester? This will be the biggest proving grounds we’ve ever opened up to you before we were go for final launch.”

On the subject of crafting, Bungie added, “The Tower will be a place where you can restore and upgrade your weapons and gear.

“Some of the loot you capture on your missions will be items that you can equip or wield. Other treasures that you reap from the action you sow will be raw materials that you need to upgrade your inventory.

“The best thing is that your rewards will be pre-destined. The fates know what you need, and your fortunes will favor the brave.”

You can see the new screens below. Destiny comes to PS3 and PS4 on September 9th.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

post #104 of 2551 Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post

My son is really excited about Destiny, so I went to Best Buy and was able to get a beta code. They ask for your email when you preorder it, and then it takes about 4 days to get the email with the code. I then had to get a Bungie account and enter the code their. They will be sending the PSN code when the beta comes out. He is really excited!smile.gif

I totally forgot about my Bungie.net account from back in my Halo 3 days. I just updated it with my PSN creds and will enter my code when I get home.

I will have to take a look though because I think I was given two codes...one when I pre-ordered it last year and one when I switched my pre-order to the PS4. If I can find the extra one I will more than gladly give it to someone here.
post #105 of 2551 Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

From the interview:
“The best thing is that your rewards will be pre-destined. The fates know what you need, and your fortunes will favor the brave.”

I wonder what that means? I hope it doesn't mean that everyone will get the same loot from a boss. I don't think thats the case based on what I've seen. In guildwars2 the loot you got was pretty closely tied to the type of character you were playing - a thief character would get loot higher in speed/critical hits than loot with str and stam boosts for example. You still got a bunch of junk to sell/repurpose/drop but the majority of stuff was geared towards your build. When you played a different character with a diff build the loot changed to benefit that build. Hopefully thats more of what they mean.

post #106 of 2551 Old 04-09-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Almost sounds like loot with be level and class focused to avoid having a bag full of items you cant use.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #107 of 2551 Old 04-10-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Almost sounds like loot with be level and class focused to avoid having a bag full of items you cant use.

Right a better way of saying what I said above. eek.gif

post #108 of 2551 Old 04-15-2014, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

There are at least two YouTube Channels devoted to tracking Destiny's progress: DestinyUpdates and MoreConsole. They do (mostly) weekly videos based off of the weekly updates from Destiny's Community Manager on Bungie.net. I'm going to link to the most recent More Console update in this thread because he does a lot of explaining of the background for any newcomers to the thread. He also links to other videos that he's done showing EXACTLY how to redeem your Beta code. Lastly, he also notes that Deeg (of Bungie.net) says that we should hear/expect news about the Beta SOON!

He's a little (well, a lot) gung-ho and excitable as a "host," but you can tell he's really excited for the game--just like we are. For those who haven't seen his vids before, have a look:
Crash44 and mphfrom77 like this.

post #109 of 2551 Old 04-15-2014, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

For those looking for the Bungie GDC presentation of Destiny, here it is in its entirety (be warned--it is nearly 1 hour long eek.gif)
Bytehoven, Crash44 and mphfrom77 like this.

post #110 of 2551 Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I wasn't sure if we'd have an AVS clan/guild so I joined Starside Echoes on bungie.net. SSE is a large guild of PSN only players, approaching 1000 registered. Lots bigger than normally what I'd align with but figured it would be a good way to ensure I dont everhave to play alone if I dont want.

post #111 of 2551 Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

I wasn't sure if we'd have an AVS clan/guild so I joined Starside Echoes on bungie.net. SSE is a large guild of PSN only players, approaching 1000 registered. Lots bigger than normally what I'd align with but figured it would be a good way to ensure I dont everhave to play alone if I dont want.

Can we join multiple clans/guilds???

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #112 of 2551 Old 04-16-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Sounds like we have an in to a clan now! tongue.gif
slyderulz likes this.
post #113 of 2551 Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Can we join multiple clans/guilds???

I'd imagine no. I've never seen a game where you can join multiple clans/guilds.

post #114 of 2551 Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

I'd imagine no. I've never seen a game where you can join multiple clans/guilds.

You can join multiple 'Platoons' of up to 100 players in Battlefield. The concept is the same as far as I know. You can only have one active at a time though (which makes sense from a stat tracking perspective).

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #115 of 2551 Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 AM

Anybody in beta yet?

post #116 of 2551 Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mnemonic View Post

Anybody in beta yet?

Thought Bungie said the beta wasnt until like June?
post #117 of 2551 Old 04-18-2014, 03:12 PM

OK based on preorder volume and general buzz, I was hoping for more beta testing instead of mass stress testing, but hopeful beggars can be choosers! They better not screw this up! :P

post #118 of 2551 Old 04-18-2014, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
we still got a while until september... plus it is not like bungie has a sucky track record when it comes to online gaming! they are some of the "godfathers" of great online gaming..
post #119 of 2551 Old 04-19-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

As soon as beta hits ill post here. Nothing yet. Some are guessing at 5/5 now.

post #120 of 2551 Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 215
So, preorder anywhere to get beta access?
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Destiny

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page