post #241 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
Well I feel like a loser now, I preordered and made a bungie account...I never got an email with alpha access

he asked about beta not alpha..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Anyone else having trouble getting in this afternoon? I keep getting an error message indicating that it "can't connect to PSN" but I'm already logged into PSN.

PSN = ChitownJackalope

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #243 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Oh, I haven't gone to the Crucible yet.

I still thought things were suppose to happen on the fly and you meet up with other players to take out a huge group of enemies, more like MMO games. Has anyone seen anything like that yet?

I'll add this about the game, for an alpha build the thing runs amazingly great (already runs better then the final build of BF4).
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post
Crucible is strictly competitive MP and I think Strike is co-op MP. Things can happen on the fly while playing through the story. I haven't seen one yet, but only played a half hour or so. These events are like fates in FF14, if you've played that. I large enemy shows up and you can join whoever is around to take it down.
There is an exploration area I think marked in green that isn't tied to the story. It's this games version of free roam and you can pick up a mission or not if you want. I had a few public encounters while I was roaming solo. One was kill the vip target, a brute sized alien spawns and you have to kill him in a set time limit I couldn't touch the vip with me at level 7 so watch out if he appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
You get far enough the spider tank thing from the trailer drops as an area boss type fight. You take him on with everyone in the area. Those willing anyway.
Had that happen when it was just me and one other guy. We died a bunch lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlock View Post
Someone already mentioned the Crucible for competitive multiplayer so I won't go in to that . . .

. . . but I did have a Random pop into my game on the 1st mission that you do (Doughnutsrule, or some such PSN name that had to do with Doughnuts). I ran to him and tried to get him to follow me, but he was more interested in trying out the hover bike and zoomed around that big outside area. So I continued on. As I was headed inside, he came over, we killed an enemy, and I thought we were going to co-op the mission like a true fire team, but he went off back outside while I continued on with the mission inside the radar station.

My point is that encounters with Randoms do occur--it must depend on time you're on and if someone else is in that same area in their instance of the game at the same time.

From a gameplay stand point, I'm basically like Delsin from Infamous SS after he gets his powers: "The only downsides I see are . . . nope, no downsides!"

I'M PHREAKING LOVING THIS!
If you approach someone, get close and hit R3. You can look at their profile, their gear, communicate, and invite them to your fire team.

Best thing so far is that you can do most things solo, without having to depend on a random person to progress or have a good time. Grouping up can be fun but I'm glad it's an option and not a requirement. That being said I did try to catch up to a few peeps on my friends list, wanted to run into them in the open world but I kept missing them. I wonder how many servers are running right now.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #244 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post
Anyone else having trouble getting in this afternoon? I keep getting an error message indicating that it "can't connect to PSN" but I'm already logged into PSN.
Happened to me as well. I think something was wrong on Bungies end. Looks like I will have to wait till tonight to play.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #245 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
he asked about beta not alpha..
Oh I didn't realize there is an alpha and beta.
post #246 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
Oh I didn't realize there is an alpha and beta.
PS4 special access to the alpha just this weekend. Full pre-order beta next month.

Still h8 u all who got in

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

post #247 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Man, seems like 8 out of 10 people got the email, but not me.. sucks.
post #248 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
How many of you applied for the alpha before midnight and still haven't gotten a code?

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #249 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
PS4 special access to the alpha just this weekend. Full pre-order beta next month.

Still h8 u all who got in
Sob,
Bummer
post #250 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Sob,
Bummer
There may be some hope...

I got an Alpha code email around dinner time, downloading now...

I did not sign-up for the Alpha in time, beta only.
post #251 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sob,
Bummer
Your empathy worked!!! I got in!!!! ALL HAIL THE MOTHERLESS MEATS!!

So apparently got my invite at 11:30pm last night, but had the PS4 turned off, forgot I had changed my account info, and didn't bother to check while at work. Came home, logged in and found a message from Playstation with my invite. Downloading now, but on a slow ass connection, so likley wont play until tomorrow.

If you are still waiting keep checking, might have gotten it directly on PS4.

Twitch.tv:

post #252 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Hmm.. I just checked my PS email and it shows a Destiny Alpha code for some reason. I guess I should give it a try. Hopefully it's not too late.

EDIT: I didn't sign up for the Alpha. I see I'm not the only one. It's downloading now. But things must be slow right now since it's showing a 15 minute download time for such a small file. It's only 6.7GB. Usually I see faster download speeds on my FiOS 150/65 connection

EDIT: So when does the Alpha end? It's really too late for me to mess with this tonight. I'll need to check it out tomorrow.

Last edited by aaronwt; 06-13-2014 at 09:29 PM.
post #253 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I didn't think to check my ps4 to see if I got an invite. Let's see...

Edit-nope nothing. Signed up Wednesday at 10pm EST. Where do the codes arrive to you guys, personal email, or through the PS4?

Last edited by mphfrom77; 06-13-2014 at 09:35 PM.
post #254 of 1356 Old 06-13-2014, 09:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 714
My code was in my personal email. I have an email account setup specifically for my Playstation stuff.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #255 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I was already signed up for the Alpha and received a code from Amazon. Hope someone here can put it to good use: NF5B-H5NE-ER9K

PSN = ChitownJackalope

post #256 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
I played a campaign mission (solo) and then a few rounds of the competitive multiplayer.

I think the campaign will be fun and with some coop. Obvious reminder is borderlands. The controls felt more sluggish than I liked , but I admit I prefer the lightweight twitch COD feel.

The competitive portion was meh' for me. Every gun fight turned into a space jump dance. The hits it takes to kill someone seemed odd, but maybe I don't have a handle on the equipment yet. I felt like if lay into someone only for them to turn around and one shot me.

This is likely only going to be a game fly rental for the campaign.

The graphics, while not bad at all, weren't anything to praise. It's all sharp and the lighting is good, but it's not a showpiece by any stretch. Might be because of the PS360 support.

Peter Dinklage being the robot/orb thing is great. I didn't know this going in and all I could envision is Tyrion Lannister speaking into a microphone piloting this like its a drone.
post #257 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post
I was already signed up for the Alpha and received a code from Amazon. Hope someone here can put it to good use: NF5B-H5NE-ER9K
Awesome, thank you!
post #258 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Yeah, that was weird, I got an email from amazon, not sony. I did sign up at the site, I'm certain it was before midnight. I never got any confirmation though after I put my name in. It just went back to the same page.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #259 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Here's a Destiny Alpha code!

Amazon sent me one last night for some reason, so here's to someone that wants it:

NFNN-GJN9-E74M

Feel free to send a friend invite if you're not on my list.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #260 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Don't think I'll be able to play before I have to go to work today. It's taking forever to download.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #261 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
I played last night for a few hours with Ben and Shmoopy. I really enjoyed the game but the missions/campaign got old fast. Not sure if its the alpha/beta or this is going to final. But going back and forth throughout the map for each "mission" got old fast. I know we will have more areas to explore later but the missions need to change a little as well. I don't want to keep going back and forth as that will get old fast. I do agree with some that the fire team needs to be more than 3. Thats just to small for this type of game.

Aside from all that I can see time being put into weapons/armor and in the tower. I am hoping a lot more is added if they expect this game to last awhile. They need to keep making it fresh or it will get old quickly. Looking forward to September.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #262 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Free code for someone.

4M37-TMNQ-73QG

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #263 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I only had a tiny bit of time to play. I didn't find any online players but maybe I have to get through the first area. I played until a wizard and had to go. I explored some underground area as well prior and the bad guys disappeared, or maybe they were cloaked and never reappeared.

I wish we had a more interesting environment to play in, something alien looking preferrably.

Graphics are ok. I do like the sounds of the enemies so far. Gameplay feels like a Halo game. I'm hoping there ends up being lots of interesting powers.

Last edited by freemeat; 06-14-2014 at 11:07 AM.
post #264 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Heh guess Amazon is in on it too. I have a code if anyone needs:

AQ5M-3DNM-C5RQ

Come play!!!

Twitch.tv:

post #265 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Didn't apply for alpha or pre-order for beta. Don't have time this weekend to play so I'm giving it away.

GLJP-L8NH-T9LD
post #266 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Finally got to try it out this morning. I'm surprised how polished it is for an Alpha. Had a lot of fun in the free roam area with missions and randoms.

Was more curious than enthused originally. Now this might be a buy.
post #267 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Got an email today... it said :

"Hi Anthony1,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately you did not meet the requirements to participate in the Destiny™ First Look Alpha
"

Ain't that a B......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
Didn't apply for alpha or pre-order for beta. Don't have time this weekend to play so I'm giving it away.
Wow, Amazing. I tried your code and it seems to work! I figured since you posted that like an hour ago, somebody would have snagged it long ago. Currently downloading. Thanks so much Mikazaru ! This must be some good karma coming back to me for some kind thing I randomly did for somebody. Sweet !

I can't wait to try this out, and my kids are HUGE Bungie fans, so I know they will enjoy checking it out as well. So much for watching the World Cup...

Last edited by Anthony1; 06-14-2014 at 12:30 PM.
post #268 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Got an email today... it said :

"Hi Anthony1,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately you did not meet the requirements to participate in the Destiny™ First Look Alpha
"

Ain't that a B......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
Wow, Amazing. I tried your code and it seems to work! I figured since you posted that like an hour ago, somebody would have snagged it long ago. Currently downloading. Thanks so much Mikazaru ! This must be some good karma coming back to me for some kind thing I randomly did for somebody. Sweet !

I can't wait to try this out, and my kids are HUGE Bungie fans, so I know they will enjoy checking it out as well. So much for watching the World Cup...

Why didn't you print the whole message? if you read the whole thing it makes sense.

Hi Anthony1,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately you did not meet the requirements to participate in the Destiny™ First Look Alpha. When we read your topic and posts regrading "there are no good games to play in 2014", we were very offended. You knew that Destiny was coming out in 2014, yet all you could talk about is how all the games worth playing are coming out in 2015. So we decided to give your alpha code to someone who is interested in, you know, playing a "good game".
kblee and Epyon415 like this.
post #269 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

why didn't you print the whole message? If you read the whole thing it makes sense.

Hi anthony1,

thank you for your interest. Unfortunately you did not meet the requirements to participate in the destiny™ first look alpha. When we read your topic and posts regrading "there are no good games to play in 2014", we were very offended. You knew that destiny was coming out in 2014, yet all you could talk about is how all the games worth playing are coming out in 2015. So we decided to give your alpha code to someone who is interested in, you know, playing a "good game".
classic
post #270 of 1356 Old 06-14-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

lol, perfect!
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Destiny

User Tag List