post #6571 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychenhua View Post

Would be nice to be able to use my Harmony remotes without a $40-$50 Logitech interpreter.
25.gif

I missed this - is IR control confirmed for PS4?

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I'd like to know as well...

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #6573 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
I asked Shuhei (@yosp) on twitter about the IR port. We'll see if he responds.
DaverJ likes this.

"The Scuba Tank" thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #6574 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
No IR port from what I remember.
post #6575 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 166
They love making things tough on the integrators

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #6576 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Can the logitech adapter for the PS3 be used with non-harmony remotes as long as the remote used has PS3 (and presumably PS4) commands? If not I'd say if worse comes to worse you can always use HDMI-CEC and use the commands for the tv or receiver remote to control the PS4, assuming it's the same as the PS3. I did that for quite awhile with my Panny plasma in the bedroom.

post #6577 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Can the logitech adapter for the PS3 be used with non-harmony remotes as long as the remote used has PS3 (and presumably PS4) commands? If not I'd say if worse comes to worse you can always use HDMI-CEC and use the commands for the tv or receiver remote to control the PS4, assuming it's the same as the PS3. I did that for quite awhile with my Panny plasma in the bedroom.

Creamy fudgesicle I never thought to use CEC! I have the Logitech PS3 adaptor sitting on a shelf begging to be on eBay.

More of you need to tweet to @yosp to ask for IP control, it trumps IR control in every way as cheap devices are coming along to allow both tablet and hard button remote controls both.
post #6578 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Some details on what has improved in Killzone since the reveal in February.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/10/killzone_shadow_falls_texture_quality_has_quadrupled_since_february

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #6579 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/10/killzone_shadow_falls_texture_quality_has_quadrupled_since_february

Nice, sounds like they're ditching the cut-scenes, and just going with set pieces that the player is able to experience firsthand. Hopefully more half life than COD on rails sections though. Gonna post the snippets in the KZ thread.
post #6580 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Finally have my PS4 completely paid off on Amazon! Also traded in my 360 today to help pay for a HDMI switch. I'm ready to go, the next 4 weeks are going to drag by so slow.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #6581 of 18067 Old 10-20-2013, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

I started to take note of this game when Watch Dogs was delayed. mad.gif But then I think about Battlefield 4 and realize that I don't need another FPS. That game should provide me with many hours of MP fun. Hopefully KZ has a demo because I do want to see those graphics in person. But aside from the graphics, the game itself does nothing for me. I don't know what it is exactly, but I do know that the Helghast are a boring enemy. And the good guys are also boring. So in the end, I find that I don't care who wins. Yeah, that probably is the reason I don't care about this series anymore.

500 gigs FTW.
post #6582 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Man with Watchdogs being delayed and InFamous not coming until next year I'm really bummed. I mean there's games to play, sure, but I'm not a CoD or BF fan so that's a no go for me and DriveClub isn't coming either so I can't get an alternative to Forza 5. I'm trying to decide now just which games to pick up when the PS4 drops.

post #6583 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I started to take note of this game when Watch Dogs was delayed. mad.gif But then I think about Battlefield 4 and realize that I don't need another FPS. That game should provide me with many hours of MP fun. Hopefully KZ has a demo because I do want to see those graphics in person. But aside from the graphics, the game itself does nothing for me. I don't know what it is exactly, but I do know that the Helghast are a boring enemy. And the good guys are also boring. So in the end, I find that I don't care who wins. Yeah, that probably is the reason I don't care about this series anymore.

yeah i bought all the KZ games but don't think i will get this one. It seems like i got less interested with every game that came out...
post #6584 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Finally have my PS4 completely paid off on Amazon! Also traded in my 360 today to help pay for a HDMI switch. I'm ready to go, the next 4 weeks are going to drag by so slow.

When you say HDMI switch, you mean AVR right (audio video receiver) ? Like a Yamaha or Onkyo.

That's the way you should go. Then you get all of the audiophile / Hometheater aspects too.
post #6585 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Man with Watchdogs being delayed and InFamous not coming until next year I'm really bummed. I mean there's games to play, sure, but I'm not a CoD or BF fan so that's a no go for me and DriveClub isn't coming either so I can't get an alternative to Forza 5. I'm trying to decide now just which games to pick up when the PS4 drops.

Get nothing....

Resogun is a day 1 freebee so I am in no great hurry.

I may pickup BF4 or KZ mainly for the single player but I want to see a demo first and hear some third party reviews.
post #6586 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/21/dragons-dogma-director-wants-to-make-a-sequel-on-ps4-also-rival-schools-3-and-devil-may-cry-5/

A next gen Dragon's Dogma is my single most wanted game on the PS4, hopefully Capcom survives long enough to make it happen.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #6587 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I don't know why but, when I had a PS3 I could just never get into the KZ games so I haven't even been following Shadow Falls.

Quote:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/21/dragons-dogma-director-wants-to-make-a-sequel-on-ps4-also-rival-schools-3-and-devil-may-cry-5/

A next gen Dragon's Dogma is my single most wanted game on the PS4, hopefully Capcom survives long enough to make it happen.

My biggest next gen wish is for Star Wars Battlefront, which of course has already been announced, and Elder Scrolls VI. If Dice can pull of Battlefront, make it a BF4 clone but with Star Wars, then I'll be in geek heaven for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post

When you say HDMI switch, you mean AVR right (audio video receiver) ? Like a Yamaha or Onkyo.

That's the way you should go. Then you get all of the audiophile / Hometheater aspects too.

No, just a little 4x1 HDMI switch.

I already have a Denon AVR-2808 but it only has 2 HDMI inputs and they don't support 3D. One of those HDMI inputs is being used by my audio only HDMI cable coming from my BD player (BD player has 2 HDMI outs, one for video straight to the TV so I can get 3D, second to the AVR for all the lossless audio). With only 1 HDMI input left on the AVR I can't really use it for video switching. It's the best sounding AVR I've ever owned and it cost me a pretty penny 6 years ago so, I'm not about to dump it for a cheaper AVR just for more HDMI inputs and 3D support. That's what cheap little HDMI switches are for, or the overpriced Best Buy one which is what I bought but, only because I had some reward zone dollars to spend.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #6588 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 412
KZ has an OK story. Its more of a day in the life of a grunt rather than some mega unstoppable soldier story which I'm assuming because its not some Master Chief/Shepard saviour of the universe type game people pass on it. The one thing its known for are the graphics which even as old as KZ2 is it looks as good or better than most of the games released today.

I'm about 90% sure I will get the disc version of this at launch or a week or so after. Then if I don't play it, will trade it off and be done but I'd really like to get in on the ground floor with the MP. What I've watched in trailers looks really cool.
post #6589 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

25 minutes of KZ footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy23A8mwDbs&hd=1

Graphics sure do look nice
freemeat likes this.
post #6590 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

I don't know why but, when I had a PS3 I could just never get into the KZ games so I haven't even been following Shadow Falls.

I know why, they weren't very good (specifically the single player). I remember getting the first killzone after I heard all of the hype and was completely disappointed. Maybe I just played too many other better games before it. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more had I played it when the ps3 was first released.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #6591 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

found this on gaf

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...ions-answered/
Quote:
@ShawnMacLean: Is Killzone Shadow Fall a good entry point to the Killzone franchise?
Steven Ter Heide: Absolutely! In many ways, Killzone Shadow Fall is a fresh start for the franchise — the game takes place some thirty years after the original Killzone trilogy, so most of the characters and story arcs from those games have passed into history. And while die-hard fans will appreciate the nods to earlier Killzone titles, no knowledge of the Killzone universe is required to get into the story.

@nick_serio: How long is the campaign?
STH: Killzone Shadow Fall’s campaign should last well over 10 hours for most gamers.

@DGuetta52: Will Killzone’s campaign be co-op?
STH: No, the campaign will not have a co-op mode. However, we’re planning to release a separate Online Co-op Expansion Pack after launch; it will add a new wave-based game mode, in which up to four players take on hordes of enemies in special arena maps. For more information about the Online Co-Op Expansion Pack, please refer to our Season Pass announcement.

@LB_Ed: Any plans for split screen support? Playing a game has always been more fun locally then online.
STH: We currently have no plans for split-screen support.

@Mr_Tom_B: Will Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer run on dedicated servers, or peer to peer? Will there be peer-to-peer hosting at all?
STH: We are running with dedicated servers to handle the transfer of data between clients.

@IronSir: How will the level system in multiplayer work?
STH: We have a Challenge-based system, where completing one of the 1,500 Challenges will increase your rank by one. We will continue to add new Challenges after launch.

@MrFredchr: Why did you choose to remove XP and levels?
STH: Levels are part of the game, as completing one of the 1,500 Challenges increases your rank. However, we felt XP was less about skill and more about time, so we designed a new system with a greater emphasis on skill.

@Fishrock123: Any news of vehicles in the multiplayer?
STH: Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer will not have any vehicles (such as Exoskeletons or Jetpacks) at launch. We wanted to ensure that player-created, custom Warzones work on all multiplayer maps, and the inclusion of vehicles would have introduced too many new variables and exceptions to guarantee this.

@BucktownzFinest: Since there are Warzones to join, does that mean there’s no standard matchmaking?
STH: Not sure what you mean by standard matchmaking, but when you select a Warzone, the game will then look for a suitable match to join.

@WilliamPeter417: How many weapons are available for customization for multiplayer mode?
STH: Killzone Shadow Fall will have 22 weapons at launch, and pretty much all of them can be enhanced with various attachments.

@HamseD: Since all the weapons are unlocked, what about the attachments?
STH: Attachments are not unlocked by default — you can unlock them by completing Challenges.

@TheWroster: ‏How will the DS4 touchpad work in this game?
STH: For singleplayer we are using the touchpad to select the mode the OWL is in. It can be set into four different modes with quick swipes on the touchpad. For multiplayer, we use it to bring up menus.

@double_T_azn: Will there be more hand to hand takedowns than what we’ve seen in previous trailers?
STH: We have a variety of melee moves, including combo kills where you take down two enemies in quick succession, or a dropdown melee. The dropdown is also available in multiplayer.

@double_T_azn: Will there be bonuses for transferring Vita saves for Killzone: Mercenary onto the PS4?
STH: No, we have no plans for connectivity between Killzone: Mercenary and Killzone Shadow Fall.

@nurseman22: My question is: where have you been all my life?
STH: Right here in the studio, working hard on Killzone Shadow Fall!
post #6592 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

A good free version of Shadow Fall's multiplayer would be to just lock all the challenges. All weapons are there but no attachments or ranks in the free version.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #6593 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

25 minutes of KZ footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy23A8mwDbs&hd=1

Graphics sure do look nice

Amazing how much better that looks than the footage of the other FPS's for the next gen consoles. biggrin.gif
post #6594 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

And that is the old Gamescom build, not the recent build that had the new fog.

In other Killzone Shadowfall news, the game has gone GOLD!

https://twitter.com/StevenTerHeide1/status/392198644822450176

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #6595 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Seems to be a lot of pop in. Hope they get that taken care of. If you watch when he is sliding down the zipline, it's very noticeable.

post #6596 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

Get nothing....

Resogun is a day 1 freebee so I am in no great hurry.

I may pickup BF4 or KZ mainly for the single player but I want to see a demo first and hear some third party reviews.

Yeah you're probably right. I might get the system by itself. Then again I don't know, I might pick up Killzone but it doesn't really look very interesting to me. Plus I never really cared for the series to begin with and would be buying it for what's essentially a glorified tech demo. Resogun does sound interesting though.

post #6597 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I decided to just get NBA 2k14. At least I know I'll play that a lot. Everything else I'll gamefly. I want to try out Killzone and a couple other, but I'd just be trading them in in a month anyway.

post #6598 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Day one for me is the Plus freebies and Minecraft, anything else is a wait and see approach. CoD needs to prove that dedicated servers solve their lag issues, with Battlefield I need to see how it runs, Killzone I will wait for the free multiplayer weekend to play it.

Assassin's Creed 4 looks amazing, but will drop in price quickly, Watch Dogs and Drive Club are delayed and I have zero interest in sports titles. Need for Speed may surprise me but it is probably a pass based on the last one I got for the Wii U.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #6599 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:

I have zero interest in sports titles.

Man, I'd probably skip next-gen at launch if that was the case for me. The sports games are the only thing holding this console launch together. NBA 2K14 is carrying the weight of this console launch on it's back, and Madden, (if it's halfway decent), is carrying the rest. If I wasn't into sports games, and had zero interest in NBA 2K14 or Madden, I'd just wait on Infamous before buying.
post #6600 of 18067 Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 551
I'm the opposite. I don't like the gameplay of the 2K games, they just aren't responsive. They look nice of course.
PES series took a step back in gameplay as well when they added the"Fox" engine for PES2014. They didn't bother to make a PS4 version anyways and Fifa game isn't close to the gameplay of PES2013.

Killzone and Resogun look awesome for launch games. The only 2 I'd probably buy if I was getting a PS4 at launch.

Deep Down in the launch window looks graphically awesome, hoping it turns out well.

I really wish there was a Motorstorm game coming.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page