Forum Jump: 

post #6751 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

Won't be able to play them on PS4. They are PS3 games, just like any disc game. Unless they make a PS4 version, who knows if that will allow you to download the new version.

I have heard tell that you will still have the games, but I have not personally been in this type of situation to test it out.

I forgot to mention that he can also download Plus offerings without a PS3/PS4 through the SEN Online store on the web. So if he's not planning on getting a PS4 right away, but still thinks a sub is worth it to queue up all the goodies, there's always that option as well.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

I think there were a few members around here with that plan, after they sold their current gen units while trade in values were still worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6752 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Good info. Thanks guys.

While Im at it, another question. I'm getting a launch day version of the console, but its just the console from Amazon. I plan to buy every next-gen title as DD only.. no discs here. Since I still have yet to choose a launch day title to go along with it. What do you guys think is one of the better or best launch day titles to choose from?

I already know I want to play COD on the XB1. So skip that for PS4. Killzone perhaps?

You've said you're not a big fan of KZ2/KZ3 so I'd wait. Sony said they're giving a weekend MP pass for KZ:SF due to the Driveclub delay.

Definitely make use of that first and see if they made enough changes to interest you. From what they've said the input lag and deadzones have been drastically reduced. But my guess is the weighty movement is still there.
post #6753 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
I took another look at COD using the HD stream
They have a lot of really good changes to the gameplay in this version and I had considered coming back to the game after leaving it but
Man... nothing has changed on the visual front..... nothing moves, you get a wisp of dust in the air once in a while, that's all. The building walls and writing on the walls look like they were taken from the 360 version and reused.
The graphics are about as good as additional map packs.

As much as the gameplay looks to have improved they need to do something about that background. Shelves and books painted on the walls just don't cut it any more.
post #6754 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:

Good info. Thanks guys.

While Im at it, another question. I'm getting a launch day version of the console, but its just the console from Amazon. I plan to buy every next-gen title as DD only.. no discs here. Since I still have yet to choose a launch day title to go along with it. What do you guys think is one of the better or best launch day titles to choose from?

I already know I want to play COD on the XB1. So skip that for PS4. Killzone perhaps?

GT6 is an absolute definite day-1 purchase. But I'm pretty sure that is not going to be a launch day title.

personally i think KZ is overrated, i really tried to get into it, but never could.. Honestly, i would wait until Infamous.. I am getting COD and BF, but there are no 1st party games on either system that i want at launch, but that is just me....
post #6755 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Nice. I can't stand those splash screens, especially when they're not hiding loads. I've never owned a PS move, but I swear I've lost hours of my life to those stupid screens.

A 7.5GB DL to play is still pretty huge though. I hope devs start to give players the option to start playing without ultra quality textures and models. They could probably get that down to 2-3GB that way.

7.5 GB is about the same size as many of the mandatory installs on PS3 games. Article says Guerrilla could have reduced the file and initial DL size even more had they known how the system was going to work, and if they had the code libraries sooner. These downloads and installs will get smaller and faster as the PS4 matures.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #6756 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Well this happens every generation. Blast Processing, PS2 Vector Units, etc.. Fanboys eat stuff like this up because it backs their choice of console. The whole "cloud power" is just another aspect of this. I doubt we'll see much of it down the line but if it generates interest in their platform MS will market it. I don't care either way to be honest. I'm sure Sony and MS will find potentially novel uses for "the cloud" and if it makes for a better experience all the better.

honestly it's a really smart move on MS front, but not for what it might do for gamers.

Getting developers, a very tech and IT centered profession, thinking about the cloud is just good business. Getting them familiar with your cloud service is even better. There's a lot of services MS can market directly to Developers IT needs that have nothing to do with games playing on consoles, but the actual business.

If it also end up doing something revolutionary in games, even better for them!
post #6757 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

personally i think KZ is overrated, i really tried to get into it, but never could.. Honestly, i would wait until Infamous.. I am getting COD and BF, but there are no 1st party games on either system that i want at launch, but that is just me....

For me, I loved KZ2 where as KZ3 was a big let down. KZ:SF looks insane visually and I'm hoping it is fun (KZ3 looked fantastic for its time on the frozen sea shore level with the ice bergs).
post #6758 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

You've said you're not a big fan of KZ2/KZ3 so I'd wait. Sony said they're giving a weekend MP pass for KZ:SF due to the Driveclub delay.

Definitely make use of that first and see if they made enough changes to interest you. From what they've said the input lag and deadzones have been drastically reduced. But my guess is the weighty movement is still there.

Good point. If its free to "try" I'll definitely go that route. Do you know exactly when this free weekend will occur?

I never minded the weight of the characters. But the deadzone was definitely a killer, aiming just never felt as quick and accurate as it did with other titles.

Thanks!
Quote:

BF4 could definitely be a possibility. Im one of those "online-MP only guys" and I know quite a few people from AVS planning to play BF4 on PS4. I've tried previous versions of BF and ended up selling the game, because it played too slow and the battlefield was literally too large.

That said, I believe BF4 is suppose to be faster paced with alot more action and less dependence on fighting vehicles. If thats true, I'd be interested.

How long is the Drive title delayed?

Is there a launch date for GT6?

Any Hot Shots Golf announcment?

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #6759 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

The PS+ titles you have will always be linked to your account. So when you reactivate your PS+ they will still be there.

Very good to know.

PSN ID: Kranin
post #6760 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:

The SP campaigns are beautiful and are great technical demonstration of developer skill, but they're still boring space marine grunts slogging through enemies till the end. It's your basic Michael Bay in space story and won't win any awards. I relegate COD and BF to that too, and wish all these franchises would just focus on MP exclusively.

MP is a really, really fun arcade space shooter assuming you have a good group of friends all playing together. The classes, weapons, and warzone modes all really come together to provide something a bit more unique than the normal modern warefare shooters. KZ2 MP was really good at offering something a bit different and fun, but KZ3 ended up being a step back when they decided they needed to COD the franchise (and subsequently didn't get the COD crowd and lost fans as well).

The MP director from KZ2 came back to GG and was in charge of this iteration, so I'm hopeful it's back to it's KZ2 roots. they've mentioned they streamlined the input and rendering code, so input lag is gone. Also should be almost no deadzones due to the better DS4 controller. Both were legitimate complains about KZ2/KZ3 controls IMO.
post #6761 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good point. If its free to "try" I'll definitely go that route. Do you know exactly when this free weekend will occur?

I never minded the weight of the characters. But the deadzone was definitely a killer, aiming just never felt as quick and accurate as it did with other titles.

Thanks!
BF4 could definitely be a possibility. Im one of those "online-MP only guys" and I know quite a few people from AVS planning to play BF4 on PS4. I've tried previous versions of BF and ended up selling the game, because it played too slow and the battlefield was literally too large.

That said, I believe BF4 is suppose to be faster paced with alot more action and less dependence on fighting vehicles. If thats true, I'd be interested.

playing BF by yourself average game, playing with AVS crew, amazing... if you are going to try BF you have to promise to at least put in 10 hours into MP before making a decision, because it is more complicated than COD and takes a little while to get used to..
post #6762 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Loved KZ2's MP so that is good to hear.

Saw this image of known titles:
post #6763 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Loved KZ2's MP so that is good to hear.

Saw this image of known titles:

Really is an amazing launch this go around

Good Job MSONY!
post #6764 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:

I was weighing my early purchases and decided on Shadow Fall because I liked KZ2 and KZ3. Not everyone's cup of coffee I know but both were beautiful to look at, listen to, and play. Gotta make the plunge on something at launch, right? Hope I made a good bet.

Not sure when Driveclub is releasing. Probably before the end of March if Sony wants it on the same financial year, which companies usually try to do.

GT6 is a PS3 game, releases on Dec. 6. Rumor has it coming to PS4 but no official timetable yet. Hoping for Fall 2014.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #6765 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Yes and now Sony is following MS for pay to play. It seems like you haven't read anything in relation to what MS is offering both gamers and devs as far as their plans with dedicated servers.

Yes Ghost is dedicated servers for PS4.
I read something about it a couple months ago, but it sounded like MS was saying that only the Xbox One version of Ghost was going to get dedicated servers, thats why I asked about the PS4.

Sony is following MS's pay to play because MS got away with it. It didn't seem to effect there sales #'s, so Sony would be stupid to not follow. I am not happy about it....

Its great that more games will have dedicated servers next gen. It is just not a big change for me because I have been playing shooters that support dedicated servers for the past 7 years on the PS3. The COD franchise is the only shooter I played this gen that did not have dedicated servers.

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #6766 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 285
2014 Q1 FTW! Why would you want drive club and infamous when you can get Kinect Sports Rivals?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #6767 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:

I forgot to mention that he can also download Plus offerings without a PS3/PS4 through the SEN Online store on the web. So if he's not planning on getting a PS4 right away, but still thinks a sub is worth it to queue up all the goodies, there's always that option as well.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

I think there were a few members around here with that plan, after they sold their current gen units while trade in values were still worth it.

Where do you find the PS+ goodies on the webstie, can't seem to find them?

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #6768 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

I was weighing my early purchases and decided on Shadow Fall because I liked KZ2 and KZ3. Not everyone's cup of coffee I know but both were beautiful to look at, listen to, and play.

I am facinated by the nuances that make individual AAA shooter titles addictive as crack to some and unbearable to others. For instance, I have been a rabid consumer of Infinity Ward's COD/MW iterations since COD 4, but I haven't been really enamoured with the Black Ops versions. Battlefield 3, Resistance 1/2/3, Killzone 2/3, MAG and Dust 514 were big yawn-fests...but I sunk dozens of hours into Borderlands 2.

Despite some significant soul searching, I can't get much farther than "it just feels right/wrong" when I examine what turns me off or on to a specific shooter. rolleyes.gif

PSN ID: Kranin
post #6769 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

it doesn't feel like the new consoles are about to launch.. i guess with the rush to get the consoles to market ASAP, it just seems like there hasn't been a ton of marketing and there is so much unknown still, that it seems like we are still 3-6 months away from launch..
post #6770 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlink View Post

I am facinated by the nuances that make individual AAA shooter titles addictive as crack to some and unbearable to others. For instance, I have been a rabid consumer of Infinity Ward's COD/MW iterations since COD 4, but I haven't been really enamoured with the Black Ops versions. Battlefield 3, Resistance 1/2/3, Killzone 2/3, MAG and Dust 514 were big yawn-fests...but I sunk dozens of hours into Borderlands 2.

Despite some significant soul searching, I can't get much farther than "it just feels right/wrong" when I examine what turns me off or on to a specific shooter. rolleyes.gif

I know exactly what you mean. Was a long term COD player but something changed and I am close to hatred of it now yet I still manage to get each new iteration even if its used and late in its life. Loved Borderlands and played it a lot but only finished B2 once on the first run and stopped playing. Loved MAG but did think it could have been a lot more. Played KZ2 a few years ago and hated the controls, snagged the trilogy a few months ago and loved it. Resistance is not appealing to me currently, got the trilogy and am a little into R2 but can't bring myself to finish it.

I think my taste in games changed for a few reasons. I'm older so listening to a 10 yo CODder scream does not appeal to me plus BF offers more team oriented play vs me myself and I play. Resistance is too much like Doom/Quake/Half-life/Unreal where there isn't any reward for exploration, simply an onslaught of killing where Bioshock/Borderlands is more RPG. That said I did like KZ2 & 3 even though their pretty much Doom clones too. I think they had an interesting story but don't feel like a chore to play where Resistance does.

Another factor is sheer burnout. Having Plus and Gamefly means a ton of backlog added on to the games I pay for. I noticed it was real easy to just write a whole bunch of games off when I ditched 360 and even more recently when I cleared GF for the PS4 release.
post #6771 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:

it doesn't feel like the new consoles are about to launch.. i guess with the rush to get the consoles to market ASAP, it just seems like there hasn't been a ton of marketing and there is so much unknown still, that it seems like we are still 3-6 months away from launch..

Every other youtube video I watch has a PS4 ad. No getting away from it for me.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #6772 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

So what is the largest HDD a person can fit into a PS4? Are externals eventually going to work for playing games off of?

COD 49 GB installation

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/24/leaked-call-of-duty-ghosts-ps4-cover-jackets-show-49-gb-installation-and-more/

KZ: SF is 39.7

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/24/leaked-call-of-duty-ghosts-ps4-cover-jackets-show-49-gb-installation-and-more/
post #6773 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23

This ad came on TV the other night and I had to explain it to my wife (not a gamer). She was not impressed. biggrin.gif

XBL = jackalopes

PSN = ChitownJackalope

post #6774 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Tons of pictures of DualShock 4 dissected.

http://imgur.com/a/ytRW5#1
post #6775 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TO_GJpj6MY[/VIDEO]This ad came on TV the other night and I had to explain it to my wife (not a gamer). She was not impressed. :D

I like how subtle the message is.
post #6776 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

So what is the largest HDD a person can fit into a PS4? Are externals eventually going to work for playing games off of?

COD 49 GB installation

KZ: SF is 39.7

The file sizes killed my digital plan, I have fast unlimited internet but that is just insane.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #6777 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

Thanks!

This is why I can't get into BF4 either.
post #6778 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Just got home from Gamestop. Got my PS4 paid off finally. I did have Battlefield 4 reserved but I cancled that and reserved Killzone 4 instead. They had just gotten in an Xbone display but the 42" monitor that came with it came broken. So much for checking that out. Man is it Nov 15 yet!!!??!!eek.gifbiggrin.gif

JBL Pro Cinema
post #6779 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I like how subtle the message is.

HAHA that's not subtle at all
post #6780 of 17098 Old 10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/24/adam-boyes-confirms-call-of-duty-ghosts-is-native-1080p-on-ps4/
Quote:
After it was revealed that Call of Duty: Ghosts would run at 1080p on PS4 through a listing on the PlayStation Store, many people have been wondering if this meant it would just output in 1080p, or if it would be native 1080p.

Speaking at the Brazil Game Show happening right now, Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at Sony Computer Entertainment America, confirmed that Call of Duty: Ghosts is “native 1080p on the PS4.”
freemeat likes this.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page