Forum Jump: 

post #9631 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

I couldn't even get the mic to work on my EarPods. They work great for sending all the audio to the controller though!

I've pretty much resolved all my lip sync issues, may not be perfect for BDs but it is watchable now. The solution was a combination of using my AVR's audio delay feature (I thought I had tried this before but I guess I didn't turn it up enough) and switching my TV to "Game" mode. I've only had this TV for a few months and didn't realize how much of a difference "Game" mode as far as lag is concerned. I didn't even realize I had that much input lag, guess I was just use to it by now.

The reason I've never tried "game" mode before was because my TV has a couple "ISF Expert" modes that really let you dial in the calibration. Well, game mode doesn't have as many calibration settings so I never gave it a chance. It took me about an hour to calibrate "Game" mode, switching back and forth between Game and Expert, but I finally got it to a point where my eyes can't really see a difference between the two modes.

Now that I was happy with the calibration I moved on to tackle the lip sync. Switching to "Game" mode, of course, eliminate a good bit of the sync problems with BDs and I took out the rest with my AVRs audio delay setting. Found a happy medium where lip sync was almost completely eliminated for BDs but also didn't add lip sync issues to other Apps and games. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief because, even though I will use my Panny BD player to watch movies, knowing the lip sync issue was there on the PS4 would have nagged at me forever.

Not sure of your set, but sounds like you should calibrate the set a bit, by turning off all the nannies and post processing crap in the settings if you have not done so already, then adjust your picture. Game mode just does all of this usually. This way, no matter which mode you use, all that processing is shut down. Never can figure why they put such slow/old processors in TVs when they have all this extra "Smart" crap these days. I assume you have an LCD. I have a plasma, so no real lag from an image standpoint. Input lag is another story and just adds to it.

Can't remember, but I think I did something to my AVR also to fix sync. Something with the HDMI audio. Sorry I can't remember what that was, if anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
I've noticed some audio sync issues in NBA 2k14's mycareer mode also. I thought it was just bad animation, but now I'm thinking it's probably audio sync.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #9633 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM

From IGN - Wal-Mart early Black Friday deal, this Friday!

Walmart is setting up their sales a bit different this year, so make sure to pay close attention to any fine print attached to an item.[1]

Pre-Black Friday Event
On Friday, Nov. 22, Walmart will hold a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, matching select Black Friday offers on toys and electronics from Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy one week early.
post #9634 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMABLUHD View Post

From IGN - Wal-Mart early Black Friday deal, this Friday!

Walmart is setting up their sales a bit different this year, so make sure to pay close attention to any fine print attached to an item.[1]

Pre-Black Friday Event
On Friday, Nov. 22, Walmart will hold a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, matching select Black Friday offers on toys and electronics from Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy one week early.

Heh at this rate Thanksgiving will no longer be a holiday and these sales will begin in January and last until Dec 24th. Wonder how they will deal with items that have limited quantities (PS4, XB1).

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #9635 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Sorry, I used a set of Turtle Beach x41's on my 360. Went from no headset to those, so I don't know how the higher end headsets sound but I liked the set I had. Switching to PS3, that headset wouldn't work. Read that the Pulse Elites would work for PS4 as wellso bought those. Get the PS4 and they don't work with the USB dongle which sends the signal wirelessly and allows all the headset controls to work. They are allowed to plugin to the controller a la360 and work pretty well IMO .

Are they wired or wireless, the pulse elites?

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #9636 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach scrub View Post

Are they wired or wireless, the pulse elites?

Both smile.gif for PS3 it uses a USB fob to send the audio wirelessly but a 3.5" male to male cable was included for phone use or as things are today, PS4 use via controller.
beach scrub likes this.
post #9637 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Both smile.gif for PS3 it uses a USB fob to send the audio wirelessly but a 3.5" male to male cable was included for phone use or as things are today, PS4 use via controller.

You are set then. We just have to test it. Cool.

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #9638 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I put my system in standby last night, after playing Resogun, the fan was on when I went to sleep, but when I woke the fan was off.

I'll have to order another super long cable. Right now I'm using the cable I had for my DS3 plugged into a 4 port hub that came with this PS3 bundle of accessories, then plugging in the cable that came with PS4.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #9639 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 210
To those concerned with having the fan run 24/7 when in Standby mode, I'll say this: my parents bought a computer 6 years ago. They've turned it off maybe 6 times within that period. They leave it on 24/7 as the have a home business. They've never ran into a single issue.

Bottom line: I wouldn't worry about it. The HDD is more likely to fail before the fan does.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #9640 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I noticed my fan was on about 15 minutes after playing. I wonder if it would still be on after a hour or so .... ???? I'm going to try that and see what happens.
post #9641 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

I have the same cans, but honestly didn't think that the output from the controller would be enough to power them. I've currently got a 25 foot cord to run to my AVR that has Dolby Headphone. I'll have to check it out and see if the sound is comparable.

Definitely could use my inline amp...wherever that went. Sufficient to power them though and get decent bass response.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #9642 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:20 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I do have one MAJOR problem with the PS4 right now.

1. Controller battery life

If I had to guess I'd say I'm getting 2 hours less than the DS3's. Luckily I have two DS4's so swapping out the dead one for the charged one is easy.

DS3's you were able to swap out a slightly bigger battery for longer play time pretty easily, but I'm not sure if there's enough room in the DS4's. It might be an option as well.

Otherwise be sure to put the controller auto-off to 10 min in the power saving options. that way it'll at least conserve juice if it's sitting somewhere not being used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

This is a fairly bright LED, there are also multiple colors. It uses more power than your average inication LED.

Pretty sure the LED is little larger than the size of this period ---> .

LED has come a long way than those things in Halloween pins. The audio/chat/speaker and BT is the real power sucker in these controllers.
post #9643 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
A friend of mine just confirmed a large amount of PS4's have already been restocked at my local walmart (more than the number of xb1s they have for launch) but they are on hold for Black Friday.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #9644 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:

A friend of mine just confirmed a large amount of PS4's have already been restocked (more than the number of xb1s they have for launch) but they are on hold for Black Friday.

That's good to hear. I think it was Sony's Andrew House who recently said there will not be a shortage through the holiday season.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/18/sony-s-andrew-house-expects-sufficient-supply-of-playstation-4-through-holiday-.aspx

Sony’s Andrew House Expects 'Sufficient Supply' Of PlayStation 4 Through Holiday
post #9645 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:

A friend of mine just confirmed a large amount of PS4's have already been restocked at my local walmart (more than the number of xb1s they have for launch) but they are on hold for Black Friday.

I would think that they would rather see those on the shelves through the XB1 launch . Wonder if thats a store or Sony decision.

Perhaps sony doens't want people returning their consoles for exchange (want them to go direct) so they are putting some buffer between them
post #9646 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 PM

Liked: 832
So it appears the PS App can only wake the system while connected to the same LAN, and not from the net? Is there a way around that? Will the Vita wake it for remote play through the net while in standby?

I still assume everything you purchase and queue up in the store will automatically download in standby mode, so no real need to turn on the system for that.
BAMABLUHD likes this.
post #9647 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

So it appears the PS App can only wake the system while connected to the same LAN, and not from the net? Is there a way around that? Will the Vita wake it for remote play through the net while in standby?

I still assume everything you purchase and queue up in the store will automatically download in standby mode, so no real need to turn on the system for that.

Yes the Vita will wake it up through the net. Playing Knack right now a few miles away from home.
DaverJ likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #9648 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 467
"Plus it lights up my pants, jammies, hairy legs, or whatever else is between my hands and the screen."

Ha, mood lighting.
post #9649 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Good info on the system wake. Now that I think about it, being able to wake the system over the net would be a security nightmare. System likely isn't encrypted beyond the minimum standard. I'm sure the heavy firewall is built around the UI infrastructure, so probably smart that it can only happen over LAN.
post #9650 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

I noticed my fan was on about 15 minutes after playing. I wonder if it would still be on after a hour or so .... ???? I'm going to try that and see what happens.

Fan is likely triggered by temp, so after an hour off the system should have cooled to a point where the fan is no longer needed. Just a guess tho.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #9651 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Yes the Vita will wake it up through the net. Playing Knack right now a few miles away from home.

How is that working out? I'm seriously considering getting a vita just for the remote play at home. I just want to be sure that it works well 20-30 feet away from my wireless router.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #9652 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

How is that working out? I'm seriously considering getting a vita just for the remote play at home. I just want to be sure that it works well 20-30 feet away from my wireless router.

Its great. It plays like I am home, without the big screen of course. I'll get through my campaigns faster this way. Play at home and work.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #9653 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

I would think that they would rather see those on the shelves through the XB1 launch . Wonder if thats a store or Sony decision.

Perhaps sony doens't want people returning their consoles for exchange (want them to go direct) so they are putting some buffer between them

Store no doubt.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #9654 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I am astounded at how great the graphics and sound effects are on the ps4. I just put cod in for the first time and the visuals are downright gorgeous! I have been waiting since the original Nintendo for gaming like this. I am one happy ps4 owner!
ileff, beach scrub and Reddig like this.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
post #9655 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

That's good to hear. I think it was Sony's Andrew House who recently said there will not be a shortage through the holiday season.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/18/sony-s-andrew-house-expects-sufficient-supply-of-playstation-4-through-holiday-.aspx

Sony’s Andrew House Expects 'Sufficient Supply' Of PlayStation 4 Through Holiday

In the interview House said they are trying to be cautious not to over stock and give the perception that the console isn't selling. Clearly Sony is making sure they have a solid launch/holiday season!

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #9656 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

In the interview House said they are trying to be cautious not to over stock and give the perception that the console isn't selling. Clearly Sony is making sure they have a solid launch/holiday season!

A nice solid start and meeting their goals would be great. I hope that leads to more big game development as well.
post #9657 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlink View Post

Any of you guys know whether or not the controller's headphone jack outputs 5.1 or 7.1 surround?

It outputs stereo, but if they do the surround virtualization in game, it has the potential to sound much better than virtual 5.1.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #9658 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlink View Post

Any of you guys know whether or not the controller's headphone jack outputs 5.1 or 7.1 surround?

It outputs stereo, but if they do the surround virtualization in game, it has the potential to sound much better than virtual 5.1.

Is the virtual 5.1 sophisticated enough to directionally track footsteps in a game like COD Ghosts?

PSN ID: Kranin
post #9659 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I have 4 SVS pb ultra 13 s and 3 buttkickers for bass and they have never been so satisfying for gaming as they have been with Kz and cod. I have to restate how awesome the sound is with this thing.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
post #9660 of 18656 Old 11-19-2013, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I would avoid stand by for 2 reasons. Power outage and corruption. Can brick as well while it is doing a firmware update if the power goes out.
BAMABLUHD likes this.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page