post #10531 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

So the chubby kid starts with everything I say is opinion, so what is it? Is MP3 really officially coming soon?

Yes. Shuhei mentioned the engineers were looking into, but it wasn't something they were focusing on at launch. Very dumb mistake on Sony's part, but they are listening to consumer feedback.

As for using Plex with the PS4, I tested it out during my lunch and it works, but here's some feedback:

• The web UI felt clunky and slow while browsing thru my movie collection. Seemed like possibly a flash issue (?). The web app allows you to change how the media is displayed, such as list, posters, etc. Probably changing this can improve it.
  • Playback quality seem not as sharp as using the PC client. From my LAN I noticed what appeared to be skips likely due to buffering. If I recall correctly the host server should be doing the buffering, but can't be 100%. The videos also did not seem to be full 720 or 1080 as compared to playing the file directly from PC. This can also have an issue with seeking.
  • No audio bitstreaming for the audiophiles
  • Multi-tasking is out of the question. Once you close the web browser app, you have to relocate the video and launch it. Plex does allow you to resume from last left off location, but I hardly see it work.

Aside from that it isn't bad if you must use PS4 as a media playback device. I personally expect the WAN performance to be little worse than LAN playback, but YMMV.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10532 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Without starting a thread, anyone else having issues redeeming the PSN Network card?

I picked up the 1 year membership from Gamestop on BF ($29.99) and tried to redeem it yesterday (both on the console and online) and no luck. Just says "incorrect code". I tried both caps and lower case. I'm using the 30 day free trial that came with the console so got another 2 weeks left.

Called Gamestop this morning and they said to bring it back (I'm taking it after work). Just thought if others are having the same issue.

Codes should stack. Possible issue with Sony's servers validating the code.

Only issues I've had are trying to redeem via PC & trying to stack the 7-day trial that came with Killzone.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

post #10533 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Tried my first Remote-remote play today. Resogun was lag free and it was as if I was right there with the ps4 . I tried need for Speed and had some issues much of it resolved around a few people with open mic's but my Upload speed is only 2mbps . I;ll need to increase that but so far the vita is everything I hoped it would be when used for remote play
RemoWilliams84 likes this.
post #10534 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

Tried my first Remote-remote play today. Resogun was lag free and it was as if I was right there with the ps4 . I tried need for Speed and had some issues much of it resolved around a few people with open mic's but my Upload speed is only 2mbps . I;ll need to increase that but so far the vita is everything I hoped it would be when used for remote play
good to hear. After buying the ps4 and xb1 my wife would kill me if I bought another console,but I usually get some best buy gift cards for Christmas so I'll splurge then.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #10535 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This weekend I added my PS4's 30 day trial code on the PS3 from the account section of the XMB and it took and extended my end date by 30 days from Jan 2015 to Feb 2015. I wonder if the trial stacking is failing on PS4 but working from PS3. A couple others on here had mentioned stacking it successfully from the PS3 also.

Then I added my amazon 1 year PS Plus code the same way and added another year.

I tried to add my 10 dollar PSN code that came with the PS4, in the PS3 XMB method, but it failed every time with an error code. A short time later I tried it on the PS4 and added the 10 dollar code from the store and it worked first try.

* being that apparently there were Code Redemption outages since Friday, who knows if this same behavior is still going on *
post #10536 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Just curious if anyone has a logitech g27 wheel and has impressions on its functionality with the ps4...???

post #10537 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

Just curious if anyone has a logitech g27 wheel and has impressions on its functionality with the ps4...???

I had a G25 for over 12 months when GT5 first came out for PS3.
(the only difference between them is the G27 removed the sequential shifter option from the stick)

I've heard they should work with PS4, they were not supported properly by PS3/GT5 for ages.

As far as wheels go, it was the best I've ever used. Great feed back, great feel in the H pattern box, easy to set up and use.

Personally I just don't like using a wheel though, I tried and tried and tried over those 12months to like it, but couldn't

There's just so much effort and time in going from full lock left to full lock right, and smashing feet on pedals back and forth. It's all so much simpler on a game pad.
Then you need to have a dedicated space for it, a table to clamp it to, a spot for the pedals and a chair that makes it all comfy.
I had this all perfectly set up with real car seat and still found myself going back to the DS3.

I would recommend trying to borrow one from a friend ( you can never get the feel in store), or getting one from somewhere with a good return policy

just my 2c

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #10538 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 713
got the plyr 1 in, couple of questions

hooked up the optical and usb and then changed audio on PS4 to optical and dolby 5.1, but audio is still coming through TV? also the "mic" plug doesn't fit the DS4?? thanks in advance
post #10539 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Yeah that's what BB just told me. They said they are hoping to get more before Christmas and to look for their ad in the Sunday paper. I goofed by not preordering. Thanks guys.

Same here
post #10540 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
ALWAYS preorder new hardware that you have even a slight interest in. You can always cancel it later, but good luck finding one if you didn't.
d_m1010 likes this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #10541 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I usually don't preorder items, but I'm glad I did with the ps4.
post #10542 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 33
By the time I pre-ordered the only place left doing it was Best Buy and they would only allow me to order one. Glad I did but it's looking more and more like it's getting boxed back up around Christmas to be given to my son for Christmas:( Then I'll have to get myself another one whenever possible.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #10543 of 18100 Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

I usually don't preorder items, but I'm glad I did with the ps4.

i read your post with "the most interesting man in the world" voice..
ambesolman likes this.
post #10544 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post

Hopefully your capacitors haven't leaked.

Astrocades don't seem to have issues there like some 1990's handhelds in particular seem to suffer from like Game Gear's and the TurboExpress. They like to overheat though and that seems to be what usually does them in these days.

Wizard of Wor on the 1980 equivalent of the Neo Geo AES (The Astrocade was just a slightly stripped down version of Bally's arcade hardware of the time that ran games like Gorf) is magnificent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRQz9S6zUGU
post #10545 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
received my PS4 bundle yesterday, came with Killzone, Knack and an Extra controller. I'm really impressed by the system, the UI builds upon the crossbar and improves it greatly, all the games look great, with no video tearing like was evident in the last gen, the camera works great voice commands actually work well not something I expected, games download quickly and install and update quickly. Battlefield 4 and kill zone, and even Call of Duty play great. I'm very happy with the system, especially the new controller they took everything about the old controller and made it better. I can't wait for MLB14 The show should be fantastic on this console.
post #10546 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post

received my PS4 bundle yesterday, came with Killzone, Knack and an Extra controller. I'm really impressed by the system, the UI builds upon the crossbar and improves it greatly, all the games look great, with no video tearing like was evident in the last gen, the camera works great voice commands actually work well not something I expected, games download quickly and install and update quickly. Battlefield 4 and kill zone, and even Call of Duty play great. I'm very happy with the system, especially the new controller they took everything about the old controller and made it better. I can't wait for MLB14 The show should be fantastic on this console.

Congrats! Where did you get it from and how much? If you'd rather PM me I understand and appreciate it. Thanks.
post #10547 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Got it from Dell, it was around $550 for the bundle
post #10548 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

got the plyr 1 in, couple of questions

hooked up the optical and usb and then changed audio on PS4 to optical and dolby 5.1, but audio is still coming through TV? also the "mic" plug doesn't fit the DS4?? thanks in advance

Don't know why the sound is still coming out of the tv, maybe the ps4 splits the sound?

For the chat cable, you shouldn't need it. Plug the USB from the base into the ps4 and the chat will be wireless. No cable needed.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #10549 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:

Just a word of caution about the camera. Currently any online game you play broadcasts your voice automatically , there is no way to turn it off. You either need to plug a headset into the controller and mute the headset (which also mutes the camera) or just unplug it. The camera mics pick up everything and most people haven't caught onto this yet. Hopefully sony address this so I can actually plug it back in one day.
post #10550 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 409
Quote:

Got it from Dell, it was around $550 for the bundle

That's not bad at all. Thanks.
post #10551 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

You'll have to have Plex Media Server installed on your server/media computer. You can access the media services using the LAN IP of said computer from your browser. I have it personally and A.) Love it; easy to use and wife compatible, B.) works fairly well over WAN though resolution generally is at or under 720p.

I haven't tested running it from PS4 yet, but suspect it should be simple enough.

Did you get this working? I'd love Plex to release a PS4 client, I use the clients on almost every device I have
post #10552 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

Just a word of caution about the camera. Currently any online game you play broadcasts your voice automatically , there is no way to turn it off. You either need to plug a headset into the controller and mute the headset (which also mutes the camera) or just unplug it. The camera mics pick up everything and most people haven't caught onto this yet. Hopefully sony address this so I can actually plug it back in one day.

Yeah I read that. Interesting uses of the camera I've seen so far on the Playstation Live Section
post #10553 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 53
So, I don't plan on buying this system until next year around this time. I figure there isn't enough content out there that interests me and I would rather them work out any bugs the system may have at launch and hope for a new model, kinda like how we went from phat to slim with the PS3.

I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer.

First, considering how a lot was made about the jump in graphics we were going to be seeing, is there really that big of a difference between games on the PS4 and the PS3? I mean, similar to the jump we saw from the PS2 to the PS3?

Second, my info may be off on this as I didn't follow the news that closely as I knew I wasn't planning on buying this for another year. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that we would be able to download just about all of the past titles of every PS system. That seems like a tall order, so I'm sure I read the info wrong, but I'm curious if this is the case. Can you get almost any past title you want through the store or however content is delivered?

post #10554 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Are any games taking advantage of the camera so far? Have been debating picking one up for Xmas, but so far I haven't seen that "killer app" to motivate me to buy it as of yet. Am I missing anything not having the camera right now?

PS3 ID: Mav_26_
post #10555 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

So, I don't plan on buying this system until next year around this time. I figure there isn't enough content out there that interests me and I would rather them work out any bugs the system may have at launch and hope for a new model, kinda like how we went from phat to slim with the PS3.

I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer.

First, considering how a lot was made about the jump in graphics we were going to be seeing, is there really that big of a difference between games on the PS4 and the PS3? I mean, similar to the jump we saw from the PS2 to the PS3?

Second, my info may be off on this as I didn't follow the news that closely as I knew I wasn't planning on buying this for another year. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that we would be able to download just about all of the past titles of every PS system. That seems like a tall order, so I'm sure I read the info wrong, but I'm curious if this is the case. Can you get almost any past title you want through the store or however content is delivered?

Nope. Sony's plans are to offer back catalog games from PS1, PS2, and PS3 through a streaming service called Gaikai.They purchased the company last year for $300 million.The service won't be free and will require another monthly fee on top of PS+.The last article that came out said it was due for a US release in Quarter 3 of next year.
post #10556 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:

There won't be a hardware rev nearly that soon. For reference, the original PS3 was released in 2006, the first Slim in 2009: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_models. I would guess, however, the out-of-the-box failure rate of the hardware will trend down as they learn what the top failure reasons the launch units are suffering.
post #10557 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

There won't be a hardware rev nearly that soon. For reference, the original PS3 was released in 2006, the first Slim in 2009: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_models. I would guess, however, the out-of-the-box failure rate of the hardware will trend down as they learn what the top failure reasons the launch units are suffering.

Yeah, to be clearer, that is more of why I chose to wait. To work out any potential problems with failure rates moreso than a whole new system.

post #10558 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 07:47 AM

Liked: 832
Quote:

Depends on your definition of graphics. Overall I think the IQ jump is much, much greater from a game like KZ3 or BF3 PS3, to KZSF and BF4 on PS4; than the jump from say Killzone 1 to Resistance Fall of Man. Launch games last time around were pretty poor, not very polished, and the jump was marginal at best.

This time were seeing 1080P 30/60 which makes a huge difference, and the beginnings of using advanced shaders and game tech. Lighting, shadowing, and texture detail is much better right off the bat. Gameplay wise were not seeing that huge a leap yet, but its always the slowest thing to move as people need to creatively get a handle on the tech and the possibilities it opens up. I think most criticisms are along those lines, where people expect there to be a AAA Halo or Half-Life that redefines gaming out of the gate. That almost never happens at launches.

Sonys support of Indys might move it faster, since they can play it less safe and try things big publishers would strike down as too risky for big budgets. Which if successful is prime for adoption elsewhere.
post #10559 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I was trying to watch some of the videos some of you have posted or shared in the "What's New" section on my PS4 but none of them would ever load and play. Anyone else having issues watching videos that show up in that "What's New" timeline section?

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #10560 of 18100 Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

how to set up auto logins..
Cravit8 likes this.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page