PlayStation 4 - Page 385 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11521 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 400
KZ multiplayer is a noticeable drop visually from the campaign but by the time your flying around the map having intense battles none of that even matters. But its like comparing Miss Universe and first runner up, both are hot. I still find moments in the MP to stare at the scenery like an idiot.
freemeat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11522 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Club Gold

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Learned something "interesting" yesterday. It was sort of an urgent situation (eager kids, Christmas Day) so I created a new thread. I posted the resolution there but figured I'd drop a note here as well as this thread obviously gets much more traffic.. So, in case it helps anyone...

It turns out that the ability for other users to play the master user's games is dependent on those games already having been downloaded such that they appear in the nav bar. If they are in the library but not yet downloaded, no joy. Why? Because if you check Library while logged in as another user, nothing will appear there. IOW the Library shows that users library, not the master user's library. I tried all combinations of activating/deactivating the PS4 as primary for the master user and other users. Nothing worked.

I finally got through to Sony support and they confirmed this behavior as correct. I suppose this makes sense as it's how the portability of one's library works so if you go to a friend's house you can play your games. But it wasn't the behavior I expected. It'll require somewhat more active management of installs and HDD space since my kids won't be able to jump into my library (unless I give them PW access) to download games.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #11523 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 542
I am actually surprised at how good Knack looks compared to what I was expecting from watching videos. My 7 year old loves it as well. Kind of a like a Ratchet and Clank without all the extra weapons so it is a bit of a simple in comparison to Ratchet and Clank.

Even "high quality" Youtube videos are pretty much worthless for getting an idea of how a game is going to look at home, that is for sure.

I am probably gonna fold and buy NFS:Rivals or Assassin's Creed soon as I only have KZ:SF, Knack plus Resogun. Well I ordered Skylanders: Swap Force for the son but I screwed up and ordered the PS3 version so I have to ironically swap it.
post #11524 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
What would be the best way to connect a headphone like a Sennheiser HD 600 to your PS4 (and PS3 too for that matter) if you don't have an AVR? My friend is interested in picking up a high end headphone and is considering something like the HD600 and would like to get the best out of it.

Also, a bit more off-topic, but are there any really good wireless headphones out there that can be compared to the high end wired models? Or just connecting it to the DS4 (if that's possible lol) would be the best wireless solution using regular wired headphones?

KRP-500M | Kuro 9G 5020FD + e-lite mod | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W 685 Center | B&W DM601 S3 Rears | HSU VTF3 MK3 Sub | Yamaha RX-V663 AVR
post #11525 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

What would be the best way to connect a headphone like a Sennheiser HD 600 to your PS4 (and PS3 too for that matter) if you don't have an AVR? My friend is interested in picking up a high end headphone and is considering something like the HD600 and would like to get the best out of it.

Also, a bit more off-topic, but are there any really good wireless headphones out there that can be compared to the high end wired models? Or just connecting it to the DS4 (if that's possible lol) would be the best wireless solution using regular wired headphones?

See if you can find a used MixAmp 5.8 off of eBay.

Also, anyone having issues with buttons sticking on the DS4? The shoulder buttons on mine are starting to stay in...

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #11526 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

Don't bother with the HD600 line if you aren't powering it with an amp or avr, it is a waste of power. Even the 500 series would be overkill if unpowered. For the controller, pick up something like the 201, I have a pair and they are surprisingly good and work great with the wireless feed.

For wireless, the Sennheiser wireless line (180, 220) are up there in quality, they would be the better bet since an AVR isn't needed for best results.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #11527 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Yes, something like this but I was trying to get other impressions before I buy one to make sure the on I get is good. When it comes to stuff like HDD's and SSHD's and what not I am not all that knowledgeable about them. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=WL8IL2SDRZDU&coliid=I2QCXXJKNGBSJ5

I installed this SSHD last week. Cheers to to Sony for making it ridiculously easy to upgrade the HDD. I haven't notice games loading faster but several on-line videos prove they do, especially using this drive. I bought it because I wanted/need the extra space. My plan is to download all future games.

Loving my PS4. I've posted before in this thread but it's my first Playstation. My friends are still giving me a hard time telling me I committed a gaming "mortal sin" by switching from MS to Sony but I don't regret it at all.

post #11528 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

By the way, does anyone know of an audio cable that is compatible with my Turtle Beach X41's and the PS4 controller?

This one does not work: http://www.amazon.com/Steren-2-5mm-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio/dp/B00291N83O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

post #11529 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

I installed this SSHD last week. Cheers to to Sony for making it ridiculously easy to upgrade the HDD. I haven't notice games loading faster but several on-line videos prove they do, especially using this drive. I bought it because I wanted/need the extra space. My plan is to download all future games.

Loving my PS4. I've posted before in this thread but it's my first Playstation. My friends are still giving me a hard time telling me I committed a gaming "mortal sin" by switching from MS to Sony but I don't regret it at all.

That is good to hear. I should be picking this up soon as I am running out of space on the HDD in my PS3 and they are releasing so many games for free to DL for PS+ members. I have never changed out HDD's in either console before so I am not sure how hard it is on the PS3, but from what I have read it seems simple enough. Guess I will have to search YouTube to make sure I do everything correct the first time.

I myself am also going from primarily using my 360 (95% 360 and 5% PS3 last gen) to the PS4 also. I also just picked up an XBone from BB on lunch today with gift cards and money I got for Christmas, but honestly if it does not impress me in the next month I have no issues returning it. My main reason is I was going to build a gaming rig and scrapped that idea so getting both consoles will have cost me about what I was going to spend on a gaming rig. I also like the fact that I will get the opportunity to play any of the exclusives out there regardless of the console they are on..oh yeah, and FORZA even though I know FM5 has the potential to be a let down but fully expect FM6 to blow me away.
post #11530 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

Also, anyone having issues with buttons sticking on the DS4? The shoulder buttons on mine are starting to stay in...

Try this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1507085/dualshock-4-shoulder-l1-r1-buttons-sticking-heres-a-fix
Quote:

Don't worry, they'll be committing it too soon enough tongue.gif . Make sure they see all the sweet deals you are getting from PS+
properbostonian, kjr39 and Nayan like this.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #11531 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:

So is that price the normal price for the 1TB Hybrid drives? I plan to wait a while to upgrade my drive since I figure the 500GB will last me awhile since my PS4 is my secondary gaming system. Unless I see some ridiculously low price on the Hybrid drive..

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #11532 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

By the way, does anyone know of an audio cable that is compatible with my Turtle Beach X41's and the PS4 controller?

This one does not work: http://www.amazon.com/Steren-2-5mm-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio/dp/B00291N83O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Yes,
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464
moepoker likes this.
post #11533 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 12:27 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Learned something "interesting" yesterday. It was sort of an urgent situation (eager kids, Christmas Day) so I created a new thread. I posted the resolution there but figured I'd drop a note here as well as this thread obviously gets much more traffic.. So, in case it helps anyone...

It turns out that the ability for other users to play the master user's games is dependent on those games already having been downloaded such that they appear in the nav bar. If they are in the library but not yet downloaded, no joy. Why? Because if you check Library while logged in as another user, nothing will appear there. IOW the Library shows that users library, not the master user's library. I tried all combinations of activating/deactivating the PS4 as primary for the master user and other users. Nothing worked.

I finally got through to Sony support and they confirmed this behavior as correct. I suppose this makes sense as it's how the portability of one's library works so if you go to a friend's house you can play your games. But it wasn't the behavior I expected. It'll require somewhat more active management of installs and HDD space since my kids won't be able to jump into my library (unless I give them PW access) to download games.

I think that's how it's always been on both consoles, right? You need the game on and playable on the HDD to access them. This gen, with such large files, maybe one was still downloading and not ready and missing?
post #11534 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you.

post #11535 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 195
2nd ps4 is not connecting at all and can't play any DD games. Is PSN acting wonky? I am not at the primary unit locale to see if the problem has to do with 2nd ps4s accessing primary content/library or if all the people who got a PS4 yesterday are logging in and hammering the network. PSN status site says online and no troubles.
post #11536 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

2nd ps4 is not connecting at all and can't play any DD games. Is PSN acting wonky? I am not at the primary unit locale to see if the problem has to do with 2nd ps4s accessing primary content/library or if all the people who got a PS4 yesterday are logging in and hammering the network. PSN status site says online and no troubles.

PSN is wonky right now, I can play online but not see my friends list.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #11537 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Quote:

Just what I needed.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #11538 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

PSN is wonky right now, I can play online but not see my friends list.

And it was just the opposite for me yesterday. I could see people from my firends list that were online, yet I couldn't play any games online. I was rather frustrated about it at the time. Hopefully I don't have any issues tonight.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #11539 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Yea its a tad...off right now. Was able to pick up season one for Pinball and KZ season pass. Pinball must have came with all the tables, there wasn't an extra download for it and their all unlocked. Cant tell what the KZ pass does yet or if it takes a download. It does allow an OWL skin download though. Figured I'd get some cards and pick those up. Errored a few times in the store but seems to be sort of working.
post #11540 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:

I dumped MS this gen as well. Once MS said it was an all in one entertainment hub I jettisoned the idea of picking one up. I want a hard core gaming unit and that's all.
Nayan and freemeat like this.
post #11541 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Yea its a tad...off right now. Was able to pick up season one for Pinball and KZ season pass. Pinball must have came with all the tables, there wasn't an extra download for it and their all unlocked. Cant tell what the KZ pass does yet or if it takes a download. It does allow an OWL skin download though. Figured I'd get some cards and pick those up. Errored a few times in the store but seems to be sort of working.

All the tables have a demo mode where you can play to the lowest high score, not bad for those looking to demo the game.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #11542 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 393
So is Don't Starve the PS+ game for PS4 in January? Or is it just being released? The way I read it is its the free game but I could be reading it wrong.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/26/playstation-plus-january-preview/

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #11543 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

So is Don't Starve the PS+ game for PS4 in January? Or is it just being released? The way I read it is its the free game but I could be reading it wrong.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/26/playstation-plus-january-preview/

I don't think it is for PS4, PS3 (and maybe Vita?).

Jason
post #11544 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I don't think it is for PS4, PS3 (and maybe Vita?).

Jason

No its a PS4 game, look at the picture in the link.

It has to be the freebie for the PS4. The rest of the games showing are all the freebies.

Worms: Battle Islands for the Vita. I love a good Worms game.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #11545 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, Don't Starve is the Plus freebie for January on PS4.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #11546 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Yes, Don't Starve is the Plus freebie for January on PS4.

With all the freebies of the PS3 being mentioned I wasnt sure if anyone discussed the PS4 one. I thought it was. Thanks

post #11547 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

DMC and Bioshock Infinite are pretty big games for freebies, they overshadowed the indie game even though it was for next gen.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #11548 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I'm trying to play NFS and I'm getting something along the lines of the sony entertainment network is busy right now. Anyone else having issues?
post #11549 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Yes, PSN is having issues.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #11550 of 17868 Old 12-26-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Just signed in but it took over 5 minutes.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page