PlayStation 4 - Page 415 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12421 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Isn't the big story about PS4 having a much better market share in the US (as opposed to PS3) vs actually beating MS? I am a little biased in that I want to see MS feel pain for their initial plans but it is good to see strong sales in general. I want consoles to stick around for awhile. Healthy competition is good for gamers too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12422 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Xbox vs. PS? That's sooooo 2007.

Anyway, I just got my PS4 this week and noticed that the DS4 does not hold a charge (understandably, it has a lot more going on) so I picked up 2 of these 15 foot micro USB cables from Monoprice so I can play while charging:
15 foot Micro USB (Gold Plated)

freemeat likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12423 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

You know its weird, I've been gaming for a long time and my tastes are changing. I'm not sure if its age or what. Used to love RTS, fighting games, and button mashers. Can't stand Starcraft now, Mortal Kombat 9 was cool but could have been a rental and GOW3 just didn't hold my interest. Took me a few years to get into the last Metal Gear too. RPGs are boring and grindy to me now too.

Its definitely not that games are too hard. I've been working to plat games on the PS4 now which does involve grind or difficult tasks. Not sure what's going on. Changing tastes I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

My tolerance for grinding, filler and frustrating or boring sequences has gone way down over the years. If I'm not having a good time or I'm being forced to repeat stuff I just shelve it and move on.

I can still appreciate a difficult game if the punishment for failure is to immediately try again without losing more than a few seconds of progress, like super meat boy or mark of the ninja.

My game time has become so limited that I can't tolerate any of it being wasted on BS.

Same with me. I have played a little bit of Warframe with my buddies and while I can take it for a bit I cannot put in hours on end of grinding just to find some power up card. For a free game it is great, nice sound, great graphics and decent gameplay but I just can't stand grinding for hours and hours.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
post #12424 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Same with me. I have played a little bit of Warframe with my buddies and while I can take it for a bit I cannot put in hours on end of grinding just to find some power up card. For a free game it is great, nice sound, great graphics and decent gameplay but I just can't stand grinding for hours and hours.

but that is different, warframe is designed to frustrate you with grinding so you will opt to pay instead...
post #12425 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

Anyway, I just got my PS4 this week and noticed that the DS4 does not hold a charge (understandably, it has a lot more going on) so I picked up 2 of these 15 foot micro USB cables from Monoprice so I can play while charging:

Yep the DS4 is out of juice in no time. Instead of a micro USB cable I went for a USB 3.0 extension:

Comes in 3 different lengths and I'm using a 2 meter. Went with this because it works for my still in use PS3, as well as PS4.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #12426 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
A bunch of software sales for each platform has been released. Interesting numbers include The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia and Beyond Two Souls. Gran Turismo 6 bombed hard, should have been rebuilt as a PS4 title.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97411346

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #12427 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smells like a musty old red couch in here.

\m/
post #12428 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

Isn't the big story about PS4 having a much better market share in the US (as opposed to PS3) vs actually beating MS? I am a little biased in that I want to see MS feel pain for their initial plans but it is good to see strong sales in general. I want consoles to stick around for awhile. Healthy competition is good for gamers too.

No, I think somebody is body simply trying to stir the pot. It wasn't enough to start whining about playstation "loyalists" at the xbox forum and the Latest Industry News forum, had to start complaining about Sony loyalists in the Playstation forum as well.
post #12429 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

No, I think somebody is body simply trying to stir the pot. It wasn't enough to start whining about playstation "loyalists" at the xbox forum and the Latest Industry News forum, had to start complaining about Sony loyalists in the Playstation forum as well.

Hey watch this...
Nayan likes this.

Steam: Guts
post #12430 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

but that is different, warframe is designed to frustrate you with grinding so you will opt to pay instead...

True

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #12431 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Man, I don't normally respond to fanboism or anti-fanboism comments, but your posts continue to intrigue me. You do realize this is the Sony Gaming subforum, right? Why are you so surprised that folks have a Sony bias in here?

Oh it's not a surprise, but having bias does not mean one has to make derogatory comments regarding the competition, does it..?

We expect hyperbole, gloating, etc. but taking jabs at the competition is just an immature thing to do.

It's almost as if some people make their comments to get the old loyalist bandwagon moving, that behavior needs to stay on the kiddie gaming forums, this is an adult tech site (or at least it is supposed to be).

If so many people did not take this to a personal level then none of the comments would really matter but the fact is that many do and things can get nasty real quick.

I only have good intentions here and just trying to keep things rolling along in a friendly manner, console launches have seen these forums take a beating and even shut down at one point.

smile.gif
Jason
Sigh. Not sure why I'm doing this, but where are the derogatory comments? I have a 9-5 job, so my visits here are limited, but it seems that you are pointing to the posts that talk about how the PS4 is outselling the XB1 in this thread. Am I missing something else? I'm pretty sure those are factual statements.

The fact is, if you're a human being, you have a bias towards just about everything on which you can have an opinion. My team vs. your team. Your party vs. my party. Snickers vs. Milky Way. PS4 vs. XB1. It's what we do. And purchase justification? Of course! You make that sound like a bad thing. Shouldn't I be pleased that I feel that my purchase was worth every penny?

And my parting comment would be, who is getting upset by these "loyalist comments?" I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, XBox One Loyalists. I'm sure Microsoft isn't getting too terribly upset about the general hue of comments on a subforum on an AV Tech site. They might be upset by the sales data. It appears from my light browsing of this thread that you are the one getting upset.

I understand your wish to maintain a civil discourse here, but I would argue civility has been maintained, and surprisingly remains civil despite your efforts to stir folks up. Shouldn't it be the moderators that ask us to "smarten up, fellas," or to knock off "derogatory" comments about the competition?

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #12432 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Are the millions of loyal sports fans around this country just as "pathetic" as us Sony fans?

On Edit: The Yankees suck!!!
kblee likes this.

PSN: UndeadREDD

post #12433 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post

Are the millions of loyal sports fans around this country just as "pathetic" as us Sony fans?

It must have been at E3 where they announced you don't call Playstation fans "fanboys" to insult them, instead call them "loyalists" for the new generation. This truly means next gen has started biggrin.gif
post #12434 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post

Yep!

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #12435 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Yep the DS4 is out of juice in no time. Instead of a micro USB cable I went for a USB 3.0 extension:

Comes in 3 different lengths and I'm using a 2 meter. Went with this because it works for my still in use PS3, as well as PS4.

I already have a long Mini USB for my PS3 as well. Is there a benefit of using USB 3.0?

post #12436 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

get the POWER A DualShock 4 Controller Charging Station for PlayStation 4 instead.

http://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Controller-Charging-Station-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ENFVJJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389983789&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+charger

This works great for charging and no need to have cables strewn across the floor. It uses the AUX port on the controller to charge it. You just place the controller on the dock and press down. then the controller LED lights up to indicate it's charging and when the light goes out it is finished.

freemeat likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #12437 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Yea the point of forums is for discussion. If somebody wants to drone on about sales figures or light bar issues its their prerogative as long as its a constructive conversation. If the discussion goes too long somebody will try and steer it away and if heated a mod handles it. No big deal.

I owned both consoles last gen and blasted the PS3, still will for some things. I was even set to get an xbone and argued for it but some trusted friends on this site talked me down which I'm grateful for. If we were not allowed to openly and civily discuss our biased opinions none of that would have happened.

If a PS guy or gal wanders into the xbone forums and spouts sales data to promote an agenda, by all means, let em have it but discussion on this thread is on topic and I do believe relevant. It got me to thinking about the KZ player base. Discussions can open your mind to possibilities you may not have considered.
freemeat likes this.
post #12438 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

get the POWER A DualShock 4 Controller Charging Station for PlayStation 4 instead.
G]

Thanks, that looks pretty good. I have three DS4's and two USB charging cables and it is kind of ugly how they just lay there. I will probably keep it that way for now as I'm a cheap arse but might go for that one day.
post #12439 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

I agree!
I got one of these and love it!
post #12440 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

A bunch of software sales for each platform has been released. Interesting numbers include The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia and Beyond Two Souls. Gran Turismo 6 bombed hard, should have been rebuilt as a PS4 title.

At least tales of xillia sold over 150k copies, though i wish it would do better. have jrpg's fallen so far they cant even sell half a million anymore?

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #12441 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

http://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Controller-Charging-Station-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ENFVJJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389983789&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+charger

This works great for charging and no need to have cables strewn across the floor. It uses the AUX port on the controller to charge it. You just place the controller on the dock and press down. then the controller LED lights up to indicate it's charging and when the light goes out it is finished.

I got one of these about a week ago. Really nice charger! I didn't realize there was another micro USB port next to the headphone jack. Imagine how dumb I felt when the controller just wouldn't fit on the charging dock no matter which way I turned it. Doh!
post #12442 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Liked: 60
I use the POWER A DualShock 4 Controller Charging Station for PlayStation 4 as well. Excellent product. smile.gif

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
post #12443 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

That post covers just the U.S., right? It says Beyond: Two Souls has sold 202K copies, but Quantic Dream has said it has sold over a million.
post #12444 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

That post covers just the U.S., right? It says Beyond: Two Souls has sold 202K copies, but Quantic Dream has said it has sold over a million.

Yes, it is US only and does not cover digital.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #12445 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

I use the POWER A DualShock 4 Controller Charging Station for PlayStation 4 as well. Excellent product. smile.gif

I wish I held out for the nyko one. I'm not at all a fan of the way you need to click it in, and then click it in again to take it back out. Feels like something that's easy to break and it's the same motion to attach or detach it. I'm not always sure I got it in right. With the nyko one you just plop it in, no clicking necessary (AFAIK).

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #12446 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Liked: 60
Quote:

I wish I held out for the nyko one. I'm not at all a fan of the way you need to click it in, and then click it in again to take it back out. Feels like something that's easy to break and it's the same motion to attach or detach it. I'm not always sure I got it in right. With the nyko one you just plop it in, no clicking necessary (AFAIK).

yeah, to bypass the click it would have been better. .smile.gif

anyways, since I have it, I will use it.. smile.gif

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501.
post #12447 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:

But the Nyko one uses the USB port doesn't it?

The Power A one, when the controller is on and charging, the controller light comes on. And you can just leave it like that if you want. And just push down for it to come up when you are ready to use it. I have been very pleased with the PowerA one, especially after seeing detailed info about the NyKo one.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #12448 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
What I didn't like about the nyko one is the little USB dongles that you need to connect to the controller. I just didn't want anything hanging from the back of the controller, afraid that I could snap it then the base is useless

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #12449 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But the Nyko one uses the USB port doesn't it?

The Power A one, when the controller is on and charging, the controller light comes on. And you can just leave it like that if you want. And just push down for it to come up when you are ready to use it. I have been very pleased with the PowerA one, especially after seeing detailed info about the NyKo one.

Me too...I do not like those clips you need to use for the Nyko one.

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #12450 of 18081 Old 01-17-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Me too...I do not like those clips you need to use for the Nyko one.

Hmm, didn't know about that.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page