PlayStation 4 - Page 433 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12961 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Ok, all good now. Update did not fix the input. For whatever reason the PS4 does not like the Input 3 on my Denon. Moved the Xbox one to Input 3 (yea it worked there) and moved the PS4 to Input 1 and it had no problems showing on the TV. Now to input my Download code for Shadowfall and wait for it to download to play!biggrin.gif
Nayan and freemeat like this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12962 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 586
Nice! I wish HDMI wasn't so finicky at times. It is the kind of thing that can drive a person mad!
Arutha_conDoin, Nayan and Smigro like this.
post #12963 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Nice! I wish HDMI wasn't so finicky at times. It is the kind of thing that can drive a person mad!
No kidding!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #12964 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't even know if my HDMI's work on my Onkyo 805 any more. I used to think the receiver was frying the HDMI cables but maybe it was something else.. I guess I can give it a go one more time. I am in an apartment now so only running 2 channel (Optical works for lossless 2 channel but not surround) but would like to one day figure out how to wire without it being ugly. Can't go under rug as I'm renting.
post #12965 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Well that Outlast game is certainly interesting. I played it for around thirty minutes.
d_m1010 likes this.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #12966 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Ps4 store unavailable to me right now. Though it did download the firmware update.

PS3 store is fine. Downloading metro.
post #12967 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

No kidding!

Unless the cable is broken, all HDMI issues are actually HDCP problems.
IMO of course... But it's true ;-)
TeflonSoul likes this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #12968 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Unless the cable is broken, all HDMI issues are actually HDCP problems.
IMO of course... But it's true ;-)

Well could be a problem with the receiver or display or any other device that has an hdmi connection as well.
post #12969 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 164
I've just finished playing Outlast for an hour. It is frightening, but not on the Dead Space or Resident Evil 2 level for me. It is very disturbing.
post #12970 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

Ps4 store unavailable to me right now. Though it did download the firmware update.

PS3 store is fine. Downloading metro.

I had the same problem, but I read solution on Neogaf that got me into the PSN store immediately. Go to Settings, PSN, Activate as Primary PS4, and finally Restore Licenses.

Like magic I was in the PSN store on my PS4 and I am now downloading Outlast.

Currently also listening to the the COD Ghosts theme music on my 1st gen Playstation Bluetooth Headset.

Life is good!
freemeat likes this.

PSN ID: Kranin
post #12971 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks! Turned it back on after reading to my boys before bed. All good now, didn't have to try that. Might be a while since I'm downloading Metro on the ps3 now as well.
post #12972 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

I've just finished playing Outlast for an hour. It is frightening, but not on the Dead Space or Resident Evil 2 level for me. It is very disturbing.

It gets worse, lol, RE and DS are weak sauce compared to Outlast (in my opinion). wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Well that Outlast game is certainly interesting. I played it for around thirty minutes.

Bailed at the first scare..?

Jason
Arutha_conDoin and d_m1010 like this.
post #12973 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 36
DVD is fixed with the new update.
I was having issues with my old anime collection. The old judder, panning, combing, cadence pull down, up scaling stuff seems to be fixed.
I still see some misquito noise but that might be a setting I'm missing.
Good thing they fixed this before the Japan release.
post #12974 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 10:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

It gets worse, lol, RE and DS are weak sauce compared to Outlast (in my opinion). wink.gif
Bailed at the first scare..?

Jason

I guess there were several scenes that were supposed to be scary. I had a good laugh with those moments. They were pretty funny to me. But definitely not scary. At least not yet.
I saved the game where I was trying to do something with a generator.

The game seemed to use the 7.1 audio and music to try to ramp up the scare/shock factor. I had some really good laugh out loud moments. I definitely want to try playing it some more.

LED DLP
post #12975 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

This is where PSN Plus will get me. I have this game on my PC and I have yet bought my PSN Plus and this game is a free one so it will be one for me to get so I can see the difference between the PS4 and my gaming laptop (now going on 4 years old).

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #12976 of 18581 Old 02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Small update.

I'll be getting my satellite internet set up next week (snow makes this week dicey) and I have officially cut the cord. Antenna hooked up and I get about 15 channels from St. Louis and a few from Cape. Not bad, I get to watch 90% of the new episodes I watch (I'll miss Korra season 3 when it airs and I am missing Pokemon XY dubbed) but streaming should solve that. I may need to get a new computer since my phone can't play some embedded videos like Nick's.

I'll be getting a 4G tether for fps gaming, not sure if satellite lag will make FF14 unplayable when it launches on PS4 so I may need it for that as well. Not sure if I will use my phone or just buy a seperate plan yet... I have under 200MB left of my current 2GB so I need to be careful for now. (Resets on the 24th)

I'll intentionally go over my limit on my satellite plan to see just how bad 256Kbps is. (What they cut my speed to if I go over) Hopefully basic streaming still works...
darthrsg and Nayan like this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #12977 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 12:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:

I guess there were several scenes that were supposed to be scary. I had a good laugh with those moments. They were pretty funny to me. But definitely not scary. At least not yet.

The game seemed to use the 7.1 audio and music to try to ramp up the scare/shock factor. I had some really good laugh out loud moments. I definitely want to try playing it some more.

I know some people just do not 'jump scare' but if you can play this game without jumping maybe it's time for a check-up on those reflexes. wink.gif

Also people that laugh through stuff like this are usually the ones that are actually the most scared, that's a defense mechanism to prevent the scares that they know are coming but don't want to experience.

Jason
post #12978 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:

I kind of chuckled at a couple of parts. All of the heads on the shelves reminded me of the Governor from The Walking Dead. I'm also at that generator scene. Trying to figure out the npc's pattern to get around him.
post #12979 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I know some people just do not 'jump scare' but if you can play this game without jumping maybe it's time for a check-up on those reflexes. wink.gif

Also people that laugh through stuff like this are usually the ones that are actually the most scared, that's a defense mechanism to prevent the scares that they know are coming but don't want to experience.

Jason

The way I can tell if I were scared or bothered by it would be for me to have bad dreams about it. WHich is really cool when I have a nightmare. I love it, because it is an extremely rare thing for me. Laughing is not a defense mechanism for me. The game was nowhere near scary or startling for me. At least not yet. We'll see what happens later on. But it's extremely rare for a movie or especially a game to make me feel scared or jumpy. But so far nothing has been shocking or anything like that. I see where it was trying to be. But to me it was just truly funny. Not shocking or scary at all. I had the lights out with only the TV backlight on, which is my normal TV viewing environment. But nothing. The same reaction from a typical movie that is supposed to be scary. They just aren't usually to me.

LED DLP
post #12980 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:

I hear you. If I don't fire my rig up a certain way (cable box first, then TV, then receiver) it is hit or miss as to whether I will get just picture, just sound, neither or both...it is quite frustrating.
freemeat likes this.
post #12981 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

The way I can tell if I were scared or bothered by it would be for me to have bad dreams about it. WHich is really cool when I have a nightmare. I love it, because it is an extremely rare thing for me. Laughing is not a defense mechanism for me. The game was nowhere near scary or startling for me. At least not yet. We'll see what happens later on. But it's extremely rare for a movie or especially a game to make me feel scared or jumpy. But so far nothing has been shocking or anything like that. I see where it was trying to be. But to me it was just truly funny. Not shocking or scary at all. I had the lights out with only the TV backlight on, which is my normal TV viewing environment. But nothing. The same reaction from a typical movie that is supposed to be scary. They just aren't usually to me.

I think it is hard for a game/impossible to be 'scary' in the sense that "it may happen to me". The game definitely has spots in it where things happen as you are just walking by or you have that feeling that something is going to happen - builds the suspension - but nothing. When it does, it makes you jump as it was unexpected and typically comes with a loud noise that catches the general public off guard. If you did not once jump at a spot you must be deaf and blind...... or you are trying to hard and not trying to get into the game...

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #12982 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 72
For those asking about the new Gold headset, I would imagine it's really the Pulse internals which are slimmed down into a smaller, cheaper package. At least that's what it looks like to me. If it's anything like the Pulse, it will sound great. I love my Pulse headset, the bass is awesome and having the ability to chat is great too. Most of you have way better systems than I do and I'm always getting yelled at when I'm playing MP games to lower my Home Theater. The headset eliminates that. If the Gold is anything like the Pulse, it is definitely worth the $99.

As far as battery life, I can get around 6-8 hours out of it and when it dies, I just plug it into the surge protector by my couch to continue using it. You can use it while it's charging.
post #12983 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

For those asking about the new Gold headset, I would imagine it's really the Pulse internals which are slimmed down into a smaller, cheaper package. At least that's what it looks like to me. If it's anything like the Pulse, it will sound great. I love my Pulse headset, the bass is awesome and having the ability to chat is great too. Most of you have way better systems than I do and I'm always getting yelled at when I'm playing MP games to lower my Home Theater. The headset eliminates that. If the Gold is anything like the Pulse, it is definitely worth the $99.

As far as battery life, I can get around 6-8 hours out of it and when it dies, I just plug it into the surge protector by my couch to continue using it. You can use it while it's charging.

I agree. I didn't wan to wait for the gold to come out so I went to my local Best buy and had them price match Amazon for the Elites, I was able to pick them up for $114.00 plus tax. I'm really happy with the way they integrate with the PS4, and sound good with music too. The Gold headphones look like they are going to be a really good bargain for $99.00.
DarrellG likes this.
post #12984 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

The Gold's styling looks similar to the original Playstation Bluetooth Headset to me (minus the boom-style mic). If the construction and materials are similar this would be a VERY good thing. My original headset is still comfortable after hours of gameplay with no pain, irritation or excessive heat, and they're still solid after years of not-so-gentle use.

post #12985 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Had my first PS4 freeze last night. I've had 4 or 5 CE errors since launch but this is the first complete 'lock-up'...system wouldn't power down.

Seems more than coincidental that this was during the first game I played after the 1.6 update. You would think Sony would coordinate with third party developers to make sure all apps were updated after a firmware revision...but it seems they leave it completely up to the third parties. I guess this is the difference between being a software company and an engineering/hardware company :/

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #12986 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Had my first PS4 freeze last night. I've had 4 or 5 CE errors since launch but this is the first complete 'lock-up'...system wouldn't power down.

Seems more than coincidental that this was during the first game I played after the 1.6 update. You would think Sony would coordinate with third party developers to make sure all apps were updated after a firmware revision...but it seems they leave it completely up to the third parties. I guess this is the difference between being a software company and an engineering/hardware company :/

I think you were the cause of us blue screening and freezing. No coincidence that you show up and ask if anyone blue screened and then all of a sudden 2 of us blue screen and you freeze up. I'm just sayin'
freemeat likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #12987 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post

I think it is hard for a game/impossible to be 'scary' in the sense that "it may happen to me". The game definitely has spots in it where things happen as you are just walking by or you have that feeling that something is going to happen - builds the suspension - but nothing. When it does, it makes you jump as it was unexpected and typically comes with a loud noise that catches the general public off guard. If you did not once jump at a spot you must be deaf and blind...... or you are trying to hard and not trying to get into the game...

I even had the volume up louder than normal. But nothing made me jump yet. For me it's probably because it doesn't look real. If everything looked realistic then that would have amped it up to me. But it looks cartoonish to me which probably contributes to the laugh factor.

LED DLP
post #12988 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 112
From Yoshinori Ono's Twitter feed:

YEAAAAAAH!
freemeat likes this.
post #12989 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlink View Post

The Gold's styling looks similar to the original Playstation Bluetooth Headset to me (minus the boom-style mic). If the construction and materials are similar this would be a VERY good thing. My original headset is still comfortable after hours of gameplay with pain, irritation or excessive heat, and they're still solid after years of not-so-gentle use.

Not to pick your nit, but the original Playstation Stereo headset does not use Bluetooth. It is wireless, and uses a dongle as you know. I remember people getting bent out of shape because they couldn't understand why the console supported BT earpieces, but the headset had to use a dongle. And I see Sony continues the non-BT tradition by making the Gold the same as the others, wireless...but not BT wireless. Also remember...you didn't have to 'pair' this headset to your PS3, did you? You simply had to set audio options for USB devices.

bg
post #12990 of 18581 Old 02-05-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Not to pick your nit, but the original Playstation Stereo headset does not use Bluetooth. It is wireless, and uses a dongle as you know. I remember people getting bent out of shape because they couldn't understand why the console supported BT earpieces, but the headset had to use a dongle. And I see Sony continues the non-BT tradition by making the Gold the same as the others, wireless...but not BT wireless. Also remember...you didn't have to 'pair' this headset to your PS3, did you? You simply had to set audio options for USB devices.

My understanding was that the wireless communication between the dongle and the headset was bluetooth and the reason for the dongle was to process the virtual 7.1 surround...but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Not only "could" I be wrong...I am wrong! 2.4gHz radio. Thanks for the correction.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page