Forum Jump: 

post #15841 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Correct, well short of the performance of a PS4 at the same price (but they don't have the exact same features)....but it is a $100 price drop for those who simply want Xbox and not Playstation, regardless if Kinect is included or not.
Surely those who simply want an Xbone, would buy one regardless of these changes.(if they have not already?)

I guess MS will get a lot of Mom & dad buyers who'll just buy the new version of what ever Jr already has if its there is no clear advantage to change

PSN Brown-Corolla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15842 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

If this were available from the start, would this have made any of you stay with MS rather than switching teams?

IMO MS would've had a choke hold had they kept all of the features they had at announcement, and made it all a choice vs mandatory. Game sharing requires 48hr checking to confirm license, dont want to be online, then unfortunately this feature wont work. Kinect powers xb1, but we know some of you are just gamers, dont want to us kinect, unplug it but here is what you'll miss out on.

I think everything they wanted to do would've worked if it was simply presented as a choice. Now they just need to sell units and this perception of xbox sans kinect has some people giddy, even though it is already an in the box peripheral. For me the $100 savings is all it boiled down to biggrin.gif

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15843 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:

Surely those who simply want an Xbone, would buy one regardless of these changes.(if they have not already?)

Much more likely now that is a $100 cheaper. Some people do care about price, myself included. Paying $100 more for lesser performance (The most popular 360 games Call of Duty, Battlefield, that all now look and run better on the PS4 than the Xbox One was quite a game changer for many) than their main competition isn't always an easy thing to do, even for people that are relatively brand loyal or already established with a group of friends on one side.
post #15844 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

If they had released a kinectless XB one at launch...I honestly would have waited a while on PS4. I was already completely invested in Xbox Live and the Microsoft exclusive IPs

Enough said!!!

I was labeled a fanboy & a troll for these posts (yes you know who you are!!!) Anyone that thought this wouldn't happen was blinded by pure MS fanboyism. I ended up buying the XB1 anyway when TF dropped. Had I known this would happen so soon I would have waited instead of buying the TF bundle. I've had to turn off Kinect anyway to resolve the issues with headset chat & the logged in user.

Flame away!!! biggrin.gif
freemeat likes this.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #15845 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:

If this were available from the start, would this have made any of you stay with MS rather than switching teams?

Too much went down to say but...

IF they had a better price - $300 is my perceived value sans Kinect given the hardware

IF they had ANY Kinect games at launch - Zumba doesn't count and I actually liked Kinect on 360. Sony had Playroom day one which showed me what I can look forward too.

IF they stuck to their guns - I didn't mind DRM but stop 180ing and have a clear plan. I can waffle between choice, the vendor can't

IF they hadn't let me fall out of their ecosystem and move to the other side

IF this paywall was taken care of then I'd have used my 360 for my wife's TV

I WANTED an xbone at first but they did nothing but drive me off. So I moved on and am enjoying my choice. Good on the new Microsoft regime for finally listening but the die is set.

Edit changed some wording for clarity
post #15846 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Rage post here (also looking for advice though).

What in the world is wrong with the PS4's video save feature? I can never get the thing to save what I want, when I want. So far the entire thing has been a complete waste of my time.

What is the deal with the PS4 not recognizing USB flash drives? I took a new USB flash drive, formatted it to exFat, and it took forever, but I finally got it to recognize the flash drive. But my video save files were not saving correctly. So I tried to format the drive in NTFS to see if it made any difference. Now the PS4 plain and simple will not recognize that a USB drive has been inserted.

Is there a trick to making the PS4 aware that a USB drive has been inserted?

This save video feature has been such a letdown. What a nightmare so far.
emartins likes this.
post #15847 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Something I realize, they probably should make this effective now rather than E3. If Watch_Dogs proves to be good, can't foresee myself buying a new console until late June, early July...but by then TLoU PS4 edition should be out wink.gif

Guess Sony is going to enjoy releasing a $299 standalone PS4 and a $399 camera + controller bundle tongue.gif (i jest...)

Twitch.tv:

post #15848 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

What in the world is wrong with the PS4's video save feature? I can never get the thing to save what I want, when I want. So far the entire thing has been a complete waste of my time.

What is the deal with the PS4 not recognizing USB flash drives? I took a new USB flash drive, formatted it to exFat, and it took forever, but I finally got it to recognize the flash drive. But my video save files were not saving correctly. So I tried to format the drive in NTFS to see if it made any difference. Now the PS4 plain and simple will not recognize that a USB drive has been inserted.

FAT32

So the save feature I am learning is a delicate thing. 1. Recording starts soon as you launch a game. When you hit share the prior 15 minutes (if applicable), can be saved by pressing SQUARE. 2. You can trigger a manual recording, with a double press of Share (default config); when you are done recording you MUST double press Share again. This stops and saves what you just recorded. Note that if you leave default settings it will auto stop after 15 minutes max. If you do not double press, and simply just press Share you break your manual recording and trigger a new DVR capture, so it will only recognize what just happened.

Twitch.tv:

post #15849 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:

I'm with you on this one. 1 video saved correctly last night out of 4. 2 were the wrong games and 1 never even bothered to show the option to save the video. Sad to see that I have to resort to external devices to record properly. Time to bring out the 10ft USB cable again. Seems like both systems can't get me 100% wireless just yet. Its tough to be a Lazy gamer.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #15850 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I think double tapping share before gets you a good video. Defeats the purpose but seems to work well. Now that Microsoft turned up the heat, this is the next thing Sony should fix.
post #15851 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I think double tapping share before gets you a good video. Defeats the purpose but seems to work well. Now that Microsoft turned up the heat, this is the next thing Sony should fix.

I wish for the photo mode Sony implements something like Infamous where you can freeze the game instantly versus the delay in taking a picture. I haven't messed with videos but I imagine it is clunky as well.
post #15852 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, it's currently more broken than BF4 ever was.

And the icing on the cake is that it is extremely frustrated about not being able to get the PS4 to recognize my USB drive whenever I insert it. I can't seem to find much on the web. I might call them or something when I get a chance next week...idk...wtf.
post #15853 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

So I reformatted my USB flash drive back to exFat again and this time the PS4 recognized it immediately. Maybe the PS4 just doesn't recognize NTFS.
post #15854 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I reformatted my USB flash drive back to exFat again and this time the PS4 recognized it immediately. Maybe the PS4 just doesn't recognize NTFS.

Nope that's a Microsoft thing.
post #15855 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:

So how does any of this make the xbone better than it was?

Even, Kinect-less, at the same price, and with no pay-wall for apps it still falls short of the PS4 , (doesn't it?)

It doesn't. It allows MS to ream people by selling an XBOne without Kinect for a high price of $400. It should have been no higher than $350 with an unbundled Kinect. I think that is a terrible price for it without Kinect. A Titanfall bundle for $450 with Kinect seems to be the best deal.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #15856 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
if MS announced a kinectless, non DRM, xb1, no question i would have bought it at launch. Even with all that i had the xb1 reserved for a month before i changed my mind. I was really worried about the PS4 controller and already had xbox live cards, etc.. I am very happy with the PS4, but i will buy a xb1 for the exclusives, i figured they would eventually launch a kinectless xb1, just didn't think it would be so soon..
post #15857 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Enough said!!!

I was labeled a fanboy & a troll for these posts (yes you know who you are!!!) Anyone that thought this wouldn't happen was blinded by pure MS fanboyism. I ended up buying the XB1 anyway when TF dropped. Had I known this would happen so soon I would have waited instead of buying the TF bundle. I've had to turn off Kinect anyway to resolve the issues with headset chat & the logged in user.

Flame away!!! biggrin.gif

The silence is defening...that's ok. All the posts are in this thread are documented. Including the ones that say "I wish a mod would come in and clean up this garbage" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #15858 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:

Nope that's a Microsoft thing.

ExFat is also a Microsoft thing 😄

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #15859 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But only 11 of the 18 videos that I transferred to the USB drive transfer correctly to where I can work with them on my pc. I've tried it 2-3 times now and the same 7 videos will not transfer correctly for some reason. Hmmm.

Any ideas?
post #15860 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

It doesn't. It allows MS to ream people by selling an XBOne without Kinect for a high price of $400. It should have been no higher than $350 with an unbundled Kinect. I think that is a terrible price for it without Kinect. A Titanfall bundle for $450 with Kinect seems to be the best deal.

Heck, it's all the people who bought an XBOne already that are getting reamed. They ended up paying an extra $100 for a device that is now never going to see serious development for it. Now that they're splintering the user base, Kinect is doomed. Sure Kinect sports and assorted shovelware will come out, but it's unlikely developers will bother integrating it into games any further. Something like Fantasia (who's developers were just thrilled with this announcement) might be the last serious effort put forth, if it doesn't get the cord pulled on it. That could happen if it's not close to finished. Microsoft's strategy with Kinect depended on them sticking to their guns, beating PS4 in sales would have helped too. Sort of disappointed, it would have been interesting to see what developers came up with for it.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #15861 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea but FAT is more universal.
post #15862 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yea but FAT is more universal.

Especially at McDonald's
Nayan and ambesolman like this.
post #15863 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

Heck, it's all the people who bought an XBOne already that are getting reamed. They ended up paying an extra $100 for a device that is now never going to see serious development for it. Now that they're splintering the user base, Kinect is doomed. Sure Kinect sports and assorted shovelware will come out, but it's unlikely developers will bother integrating it into games any further. Something like Fantasia (who's developers were just thrilled with this announcement) might be the last serious effort put forth, if it doesn't get the cord pulled on it. That could happen if it's not close to finished. Microsoft's strategy with Kinect depended on them sticking to their guns, beating PS4 in sales would have helped too. Sort of disappointed, it would have been interesting to see what developers came up with for it.

The Kinect was never an issue for me , it was one of the things I was looking foreward to last year, The sad thing is that MS still hasn't learned anything. They continue to be reactionary.
They seem to make all the moves they should have months too late . They pushed DRM, paywall and Mandatory Kinect well after they knew it pissed people off. I guess they thought people would just accept it . Then when it was far too late they reversed themselves. Compare that to what Sony has done, look at the Driveclub PS+ issues and how fast sony recognized and diffused it. MS just seem incapable of this and now they have sacrificed the Kinect .

If MS wants to sell me an XB1 then they had better show me something that they are doing which is proactive and not something to make them look more like Sony. Give me 360 compatibility and that would do it.
Spanglo and icelt like this.
post #15864 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I never would have considered a PS4 until MS completely dropped the ball. I was too invested in Live, but pushing DRM with the mandatory Internet connection and the always on Kinect was enough to switch me from a guranteed day one buyer to a PS4 fanboy. Even now I'm not sure I'll buy an X1 just because of how dissapointed I am with how MS handled, and continues to handle the console. I suppose I'm just holding a grudge at this point.
gamermwm likes this.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

post #15865 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Other than a friends list, what kind of investment are you talking about? No games transfer over.

If MS had the same projection as sony, from the start, I probably still would have gone with PS4 because of the hardware difference. Kinectless would make it a contender, but all the TV crap is not on my list of desires for my game machine.

I said before, there's just no game on either platform that is selling me a system. I bough the PS4 early mainly as a statement. I'm supporting this team and NOT supporting the other one. I let my live sub lapse and that was it.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #15866 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

The Kinect was never an issue for me , it was one of the things I was looking foreward to last year, The sad thing is that MS still hasn't learned anything. They continue to be reactionary.
They seem to make all the moves they should have months too late . They pushed DRM, paywall and Mandatory Kinect well after they knew it pissed people off. I guess they thought people would just accept it . Then when it was far too late they reversed themselves. Compare that to what Sony has done, look at the Driveclub PS+ issues and how fast sony recognized and diffused it. MS just seem incapable of this and now they have sacrificed the Kinect .

If MS wants to sell me an XB1 then they had better show me something that they are doing which is proactive and not something to make them look more like Sony. Give me 360 compatibility and that would do it.

Dropping the kinect after only 6 months seems fairly quick to me. They held out a lot less time than I thought they would. Even though Sony nailed it pre-launch, I've been nothing but disappointed since launch. The interface is still a joke, there's still an epic list of issues they've yet to resolve or address adequately, like mp3 playback, 3d blu ray and the light bar. (Sorry Sony, it doesn't dim far enough.) I still can't get 5.1 reliably from netflix. The quality of the remote play, DVR and streaming is outright garbage. It still doesn't work with my harmony. The mobile app and store are so slow and aggravating to use. Hardly any games support 3D. At this point I'm still using my PS3 more than my PS4. Even though I don't own an xbox one it seems like the updates are coming much quicker on that side. They're still playing catch up, but at the rate they're improving it feels like they're going to surpass Sony on basic functionality before long. I mean seriously, how embarrassing will it be if they get 3D blu ray before Sony does? I can't say for sure whether they will, but it certainly feels like it. 

As good as they're doing within the next gen console bubble, taking a step back there's a ton of basic functionality still missing compared to last gen, and even though all the indie games are nice, they're still just steam leftovers that are months if not years old, and usually cost way more. Sure, it outperforms the xbox but it already feels like low end GPUs are surpassing it and we're not even a year in. All of the exclusives have been completely disappointing to me...not a single one is pushing 1080p/60 aside from the last gen ports. Even if it's less disappointing than the xbox one, it's still far from what I hoped for. Going forward I'm far more excited about MS's vision of merging PC and Xbox or Valve blowing the gates open on HTPCs....both are total paradigm shifts that completely change the landscape. All Sony has been teasing is a bunch of 30fps games, a low quality streaming service and a proprietary VR headset. The reality hasn't even come close to meeting the hype. 

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #15867 of 18071 Old 05-13-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 381
So with this new 180, will they be advertising the new sku as an xbone360?
mphfrom77 likes this.
post #15868 of 18071 Old 05-14-2014, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
I never use my PS4 (or my 360 for that matter) for anything other then games , don't play music, don't watch movies , don't share video. I turn it on to play games only, so its pretty hard for me to be disappointed in its lack of media capabilities. I'm sure they will get to it but glad its not a high priority.
Bikerduck likes this.
post #15869 of 18071 Old 05-14-2014, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

I never use my PS4 (or my 360 for that matter) for anything other then games , don't play music, don't watch movies , don't share video. I turn it on to play games only, so its pretty hard for me to be disappointed in its lack of media capabilities. I'm sure they will get to it but glad its not a high priority.
I want to play games at 1080/60 and the ps4 is falling short in this regard but I have hope. I have soooo many other devices for mp3, cds, netflix, blu-ray, etc so that is not a concern for me. A gaming device pure and simple was my reason for buying it. I wanted to get away from a gaming pc due to cost and this was the best alternative/option to me.
post #15870 of 18071 Old 05-14-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

All I want is to play games at 1080/60 and that is all and the ps4 is falling short and I have soooo many other devices for mp3, cds, netflix, blu-ray, etc so that is not a concern for me. A gaming device pure and simple was my reason for buying it. I wanted to get away from a gaming pc due to cost and this was the best alternative to me at this point in time. The Steam machines may change that in the future for me.

Everything else aside, if they had made 1080p/60 the gold standard, I'd probably never have turned so hard towards PC gaming. The most disappointing part is that even though there's plenty of 1080p/60 games on PS4, none of them are the big exclusives. Even if it's better than the Xbox in that regard, it's still lacking when it comes to playing games.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page