post #17041 of 17747 Old 06-27-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Bank all the Plus stuff so you have it. That's what I do whether I care about them or not.
I never realized how much easier it is to do on the website than the damn console. I did it yesterday and was done in minutes.

At least on the website I can every game to the cart and just don one transaction instead of one by one on the console which has the annoying fact of having to cancel the DL once it starts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17042 of 17747 Old 06-27-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
I never realized how much easier it is to do on the website than the damn console. I did it yesterday and was done in minutes.

At least on the website I can every game to the cart and just don one transaction instead of one by one on the console which has the annoying fact of having to cancel the DL once it starts.
yup the store blows but then again I'm not there often. At least the PS4 store is faster than the PS3 store.
post #17043 of 17747 Old 06-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Then if you are downloading it on the PS3 and select download in background, you can't do anything until it does whatever it does to make that happen.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #17044 of 17747 Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Has anyone every released a old school tall/floor mounted control stick for use with WW1 and WW2 flight sims?

Working hard, hardly working
post #17045 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Dropped a 1TB drive into the PS4 last night (finally). Everything went super smooth. I now have plenty of room to spare for the foreseeable future.

I plopped the 500GB drive into the PS3 Slim and now essentially have a doorstop thanks to some silly Bluetooth/WiFi error code during firmware installation (8002F1F9). Called Sony and since it is out of warranty they want $150 to ship me a refurb. Hmmm, no thanks. I might grab the same PS3 motherboard off of eBay for $50 and try and fix it myself.

The sad part is that the system worked fine before upgrading the hard drive, so I either screwed something up or something came loose during me installing the hard drive. I'd hate to think that simply flipping the console upside down to change out the hard drive would cause such an issue. If so, can you say horrible manufacturing?

Sorry, I had to vent. At least my PS4 works. Maybe it's time to ditch last gen once and for all.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #17046 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Dropped a 1TB drive into the PS4 last night (finally). Everything went super smooth. I now have plenty of room to spare for the foreseeable future.

I plopped the 500GB drive into the PS3 Slim and now essentially have a doorstop thanks to some silly Bluetooth/WiFi error code during firmware installation (8002F1F9). Called Sony and since it is out of warranty they want $150 to ship me a refurb. Hmmm, no thanks. I might grab the same PS3 motherboard off of eBay for $50 and try and fix it myself.

The sad part is that the system worked fine before upgrading the hard drive, so I either screwed something up or something came loose during me installing the hard drive. I'd hate to think that simply flipping the console upside down to change out the hard drive would cause such an issue. If so, can you say horrible manufacturing?

Sorry, I had to vent. At least my PS4 works. Maybe it's time to ditch last gen once and for all.
Ditch it! I haven't missed my ps3 at all and won't miss my 360 once Nhl 15 comes out.
post #17047 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Yea Brad, drop the anchor.
post #17048 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I still bank the PS+ stuff, but I haven't used my PS3 in months, which feels so odd since I used it daily for years...
post #17049 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:

BLASPHEMER!!!

That's really odd, does the console boot up at all? Does the old HDD work with it?

Which HDD did you get? I keep seeing SSDs above 256GB on sale for reasonable prices, but knowing the performance boost is negligible makes it hard to consider plopping down for it. 1TB+ would be nice as I found myself deleting some old games the other day.

What I REALLY want/need is a good external drive that I can transfer game captures to that wont take 5 days

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #17050 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Console initially was just caught in a firmware update loop, it would reset itself a couple of times, then say I need to contact tech support. Now, it turns itself on and then back off immediately. From the sounds of it, the mobo is finished.

I ended up going with the Seagate Momentus 5400r drive, mainly because I had enough trade in credit at Best Buy to grab it without spending too much cash. From my brief time checking it out, it seems to perform the same as the stock drive.

Eventually I'd like to upgrade to an SSD, but cost to performance ratio is horrible right now for 500GB to 1TB.
post #17051 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Jeeze that stinks. But just to ask, why upgrade to 1 TB? Were you running out of space, or what?

Also on the PS3, I understand it was a firmware install that borked, but still might be worth trying putting the old hard drive back in. Just seems weird that it picked that time to update firmware.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #17052 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I wasn't running out of space at all. I had a lowly 160GB in the PS3 and was constantly deleting stuff to make room for new PS Plus games I wanted to play. Part of the reason for the PS4 upgrade was to throw the 500Gb in the PS3 so u wouldn't have to delete stuff all the time. Essentially, two upgrades for the price of one.

That upgrade ended up working out nicely, don't you think?

I've tried everything under the sun to try and fix the issue. I was able to get into safe mode if I plugged the original hard drive in, but nothing would work as I kept getting an error saying that the system couldn't access storage. With the 500Gb, safe mode was a no go.

Finally, it just comes on for about 3 seconds, then goes right back off. Oh well, I still had my 360 for single player last gen games.
post #17053 of 17747 Old 06-29-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I honestly found something the xbone does that I like. Well the wife did. Apparently from Playon you can send the video to the Xbox player. Not endorsing the xbone just saying why tf doesn't the PS4 do this yet?
post #17054 of 17747 Old 07-01-2014, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Anyone had any issues after updating to 1.72 or any update for that matter? My stepson's PS4 get stuck in booting in to safe mode after he tried updating. We tried turning off and back on and all the safe mode options but it would just loop back into safe mode. It took us a while to get it out of safe mode. Had to download the latest firmware and system install file onto a flash drive the ps4 would finally recognize. It wiped the system clean so he had to redownload everything he had purchased, but at least his system is working again.
Don't know what happened with his, but my ps4 updated just fine.

The Weekend Warriors
post #17055 of 17747 Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Console initially was just caught in a firmware update loop, it would reset itself a couple of times, then say I need to contact tech support. Now, it turns itself on and then back off immediately. From the sounds of it, the mobo is finished.

I ended up going with the Seagate Momentus 5400r drive, mainly because I had enough trade in credit at Best Buy to grab it without spending too much cash. From my brief time checking it out, it seems to perform the same as the stock drive.

Eventually I'd like to upgrade to an SSD, but cost to performance ratio is horrible right now for 500GB to 1TB.
I put a Seagate 1TB Hybrid drive in my PS3 Slim. I still use that every day and load up every decent PSplus game they offer. The hybrid gives a nice performance boost in some situations. I had read that a SSD was not worth the extra $$$ and I wanted space. Sorry to hear about your SLIM. might want to take out the mother board and take a butane torch to the main chips BGA points. Did this for the XBOX 360 and it worked very well. I mean, since your PS3 seems to be toast anyway...
post #17056 of 17747 Old 07-01-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post
Anyone had any issues after updating to 1.72 or any update for that matter? My stepson's PS4 get stuck in booting in to safe mode after he tried updating. We tried turning off and back on and all the safe mode options but it would just loop back into safe mode. It took us a while to get it out of safe mode. Had to download the latest firmware and system install file onto a flash drive the ps4 would finally recognize. It wiped the system clean so he had to redownload everything he had purchased, but at least his system is working again.
Yes, that just happened to me after a power outage. Finally, I was able to force it to re-update to 1.72 in safe mode through the network, but for a while there I thought I was going to be sending back PS4 #2 .
post #17057 of 17747 Old 07-01-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post
I put a Seagate 1TB Hybrid drive in my PS3 Slim. I still use that every day and load up every decent PSplus game they offer. The hybrid gives a nice performance boost in some situations. I had read that a SSD was not worth the extra $$$ and I wanted space. Sorry to hear about your SLIM. might want to take out the mother board and take a butane torch to the main chips BGA points. Did this for the XBOX 360 and it worked very well. I mean, since your PS3 seems to be toast anyway...
I'll likely end up just replacing the motherboard all together as they can be had for around $50. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.
post #17058 of 17747 Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post
Happened to me as well. It was when I attempted the first power down after updating, seems like it shut down then would boot back into safe mode, kept repeating. I can't remember the exact sequence of events I performed but I was able to recover without downloading or re-installing anything, may have been the removal of power. Haven't had any issues since.
post #17059 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6420656/

If they drop another $10 they have a sale
So has anyone received the $10 refund yet? I just checked my PSN wallet and I don't see a $10 credit yet.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 07-02-2014 at 06:05 AM. Reason: spelling...doH!!!!
post #17060 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 682
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...h-ps3-consoles

BY LUKE KARMALIDualShock 4 controllers can now be used wirelessly with Sony's PS3 console.

The change is the result of an update to the console's firmware spotted over on Reddit, as previously you had to use a cable to get the controller to work.

03:07Unboxing PlayStation 4's DualShock 4 Controller
To try it out for yourself, you need to register the DualShock 4 as a Bluetooth device, which requires you to hold the PS and Share buttons simultaneously once it's off the USB cable. Full instructions can be found through the link above.

Seeing as most people agree the DualShock 4 is infinitely preferable to its predecessor, you may be ready to get rid of any remaining DualShock 3 controllers lying around your house, but a quick word of caution before you do. The DualShock 4 is recognised as a generic controller, meaning the rumble and motion control aspects won't work, while support for some games is still on the way.

Still, if you've been struggling to go back to the DS3 following the PS4's launch, it seems Sony has figured out a way to help you out.
freemeat likes this.
post #17061 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...h-ps3-consoles

BY LUKE KARMALIDualShock 4 controllers can now be used wirelessly with Sony's PS3 console.

The change is the result of an update to the console's firmware spotted over on Reddit, as previously you had to use a cable to get the controller to work.

03:07Unboxing PlayStation 4's DualShock 4 Controller
To try it out for yourself, you need to register the DualShock 4 as a Bluetooth device, which requires you to hold the PS and Share buttons simultaneously once it's off the USB cable. Full instructions can be found through the link above.

Seeing as most people agree the DualShock 4 is infinitely preferable to its predecessor, you may be ready to get rid of any remaining DualShock 3 controllers lying around your house, but a quick word of caution before you do. The DualShock 4 is recognised as a generic controller, meaning the rumble and motion control aspects won't work, while support for some games is still on the way.

Still, if you've been struggling to go back to the DS3 following the PS4's launch, it seems Sony has figured out a way to help you out.
^^ awesome news. DS4 is infinitely better IMO than DS3 on controllability and comfort. Now, if they could just fix that darn light that illuminates my bedroom when I'm trying to watch Netflix at night.
post #17062 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholzbauer View Post
^^ awesome news. DS4 is infinitely better IMO than DS3 on controllability and comfort. Now, if they could just fix that darn light that illuminates my bedroom when I'm trying to watch Netflix at night.

You can dim it some in the settings but still no option to turn it off all the way.
post #17063 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Or

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #17064 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 146
I haven't turned on my PS4 in awhile, so should I avoid this update and maybe wait for a patch? There's nothing pressing that I need to play so letting it sit won't be an issue.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #17065 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mnemonic View Post
Or
I approve

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #17066 of 17747 Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I got stuck with a pea shooting tank in War Thunder. I played 5-6 rounds and I don't think I killed one opponent. Wish I could figure out how to change tanks.

Took a while to get used to flying now onto tank control.
post #17067 of 17747 Old 07-03-2014, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwsaw View Post
I got stuck with a pea shooting tank in War Thunder. I played 5-6 rounds and I don't think I killed one opponent. Wish I could figure out how to change tanks.

Took a while to get used to flying now onto tank control.
Yup. That first tank suuuuucks. Once you get some research points and open up better ammo it gets better. You also want to research another tank...that will be your other one. At least that's what I've found. If you did the tank tutorial, make sure and look for the green on your targeting, makes a huge difference too. I did my tutorial after I played a while so was late to knowledge.
post #17068 of 17747 Old 07-03-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholzbauer View Post
Now, if they could just fix that darn light that illuminates my bedroom when I'm trying to watch Netflix at night.

The back is held on with 4 (5?) screws and the light is an easy to detach ribbon cable. I have not tested it thoroughly but the comments from others on the internet was a controller life increase of over two hours.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #17069 of 17747 Old 07-03-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
I haven't turned on my PS4 in awhile, so should I avoid this update and maybe wait for a patch? There's nothing pressing that I need to play so letting it sit won't be an issue.
I have not had any issues with any updates on my PS3 or PS4. That being said I think the main fixes were stability issues so waiting it out shouldn't be an issue.
post #17070 of 17747 Old 07-04-2014, 01:18 PM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post
The back is held on with 4 (5?) screws and the light is an easy to detach ribbon cable. I have not tested it thoroughly but the comments from others on the internet was a controller life increase of over two hours.
I Just got 10 hours out of my disabled LED controller. Yesterday I opened up the DS4 and yanked the ribbon cable off that power the LED and USB. I got 5 hours yesterday and another 5 today. Mixed Netflix and gaming. (Mostly new high scores in Resogun). 2 hours of that was with the headphones and less than a hour with the new Blue Estate game that uses the gyroscopes to aim.
I usually get 6 or 7 hours on average with the controller. So I got close to 3 hours and more out of disabling the LED.
I just put it on the charge stand. It's the Power A dock that charges though the bottom port near the headphone jack. I don't know if it's charging. I'll check in about 2 hours.
I might block the 14th pin that just powers the Blue LED. That way I can see when the charge is done.

Update: Yes the controller charged using the port near the headphone on the power A dock. Currently the led and usb are unusable.

Last edited by Arcadia88; 07-04-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page