PlayStation 4 - Page 571 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17101 of 17113 Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 219
That's the problem. I really think that is about the time we will get solid information about their consumer plans. I've chatted with my friend at EA. And he claims that they are aggressively going after VR all sports IP. And they fully expect to have several ready for Holiday 2015. So reading the tea leaves...I believe Oculus and Sony can't keep their systems boxed longer than Spring 2015. My EA source also told me both systems are very close right now. And could actually launch limited runs for the holiday. That's why I think OR may beta test the consumer model late this year, Before rolling it out in 2015. Sony has made it pretty clear that they plan to follow OR's lead. But launch aggressive and fast once OR is out and they get a good read. I think both systems are delaying just to give game developers more time to push a lot of different concepts out late next year. I don't know if that convinces you to leap. But it does reflect how I and straddled on this one. I may still jump on the dev kit though in August...If I don't hear any new and promising news. I really am much closer than that hedging explanation suggests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17102 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
Just got my PS4 today after trading in my PS3, plus accessories. Got a good price in the end at Gamestop. I had alot of TRADE IN MONEY already, and with an extra 50% added to the trade in of the PS3 for a PS4, I walked out of there with it at a good price.

Anyway,i got it home, hooked it up, downloaded latest update, and all is working well. All the apps I want to use ar working just fine. It is hardwired to a Belkin powerline adapter, and is streaming well.

I just purchased the 3-year extended ACCIDENTAL WARRANTY from the Playstation store. I figured why not.

Anyway, after I make the purchase, is there anything else I need to do? It just has that little bag it the avatar for the warranty that says PURCHASED. I do not have to send them anything, do I(receipt/etc...).

I have a PSN account. I activated this PS4 this afternoon, and I am "guessing" that when the transaction went down correctly. Do I have anything else to do, or is my PS4 now covered for 3 years?

Is there anywhere to go on the PS4 to prove I am covered until July 2017?

Also, after I made the purchase, I get this THUMBS UP with a next to it, and then a RATE box next to that. i know what RATE means, but what is that Thumbs up mean? I can put a CHECK MARK next to it, or REMOVE THE CHECK MARK. What is that?
Congrats on the new electric bill expense - to answer your questions. If you login to PSN store and go to the warranty you shouldn't be able to buy it again. Also Sony should have sent you an email (or will) letting you know the warranty is live and what number to call and your account # for reference.

The thumbs up means you like the item. It applies to games as well, you will see it often. Don't forget to get your PS+ membership and download all free titles, they expire at end of each month. You can logon to the web version of PSN, "purchase" and let them sit in your list of owned titles.
Nayan likes this.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
post #17103 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 02:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
That's the problem. I really think that is about the time we will get solid information about their consumer plans. I've chatted with my friend at EA. And he claims that they are aggressively going after VR all sports IP. And they fully expect to have several ready for Holiday 2015. So reading the tea leaves...I believe Oculus and Sony can't keep their systems boxed longer than Spring 2015. My EA source also told me both systems are very close right now. And could actually launch limited runs for the holiday. That's why I think OR may beta test the consumer model late this year, Before rolling it out in 2015. Sony has made it pretty clear that they plan to follow OR's lead. But launch aggressive and fast once OR is out and they get a good read. I think both systems are delaying just to give game developers more time to push a lot of different concepts out late next year. I don't know if that convinces you to leap. But it does reflect how I and straddled on this one. I may still jump on the dev kit though in August...If I don't hear any new and promising news. I really am much closer than that hedging explanation suggests.
As long as Facebook owns OR I will never use it. Call me a party pooper, but they cannot be trusted.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
post #17104 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

I did a little googling, and I'm gonna pass for now. There's nothing good to play on it yet.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17105 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I don't mind the new/old site. I use Tapatalk 99.9999% of the time and the current version of the site works quite well with it now. Still miss the actual AVS app though.

Now have Destiny paid off. I decided to stick with disc. Final Fantasy just has too strong a hold. I will do the main story and trade it I think. I'm sick of DLC in general which is usually short and costly for the most part. Plus the end of the year will be busy as hell and I don't want to get too bogged down.

I also put money down on the next COD & Evolve. I think the only other game I'm looking forward to is LBP3.
post #17106 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
I don't mind the new/old site. I use Tapatalk 99.9999% of the time and the current version of the site works quite well with it now. Still miss the actual AVS app though.

Now have Destiny paid off. I decided to stick with disc. Final Fantasy just has too strong a hold. I will do the main story and trade it I think. I'm sick of DLC in general which is usually short and costly for the most part. Plus the end of the year will be busy as hell and I don't want to get too bogged down.

I also put money down on the next COD & Evolve. I think the only other game I'm looking forward to is LBP3.

Looking forward to the new COD. I just started testing my PS4 with my new setup, awesome!
post #17107 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
As long as Facebook owns OR I will never use it. Call me a party pooper, but they cannot be trusted.

I plan to buy both Sony Morpheus and Oculus Rift on Day One. I completely geared up my PC in 2013 in anticipation of VR. And I'm not turning back from it. Ditto with PS4. Morpheus is the only reason I will buy one. I don't have a FaceBook account. But I sympathize with your feelings. I despise Rupert Murdoch and everything he touches. I don't like or trust his alliance with Microsoft at all with Bing & NewsCorp. And I use it as little as possible. But I don't allow my disgust with a disgusting man...his company...and his product prevent me from using Windows and other MS products that I do like. Even though I haven't bought an Xbox One yet either. But that is not because of Bing and NewsCorp (directly). I would buy one if they made something I just had to play on it. VR offers a window into an exciting new gaming future with OR & Morpheus. As I see it...social media was going to find its way there anyway. Especially with Android, Apple and mobile in general. Whatever happens FaceBook wise on Oculus Rift & VR...you can book it...will happen on Sony Morpheus too. Never is a very long time.
post #17108 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Congrats on the new electric bill expense - to answer your questions. If you login to PSN store and go to the warranty you shouldn't be able to buy it again. Also Sony should have sent you an email (or will) letting you know the warranty is live and what number to call and your account # for reference.

The thumbs up means you like the item. It applies to games as well, you will see it often. Don't forget to get your PS+ membership and download all free titles, they expire at end of each month. You can logon to the web version of PSN, "purchase" and let them sit in your list of owned titles.
Thanx for the info. I take it this PS4 uses more "juice" than a PS3? I turn mine off(just like I did with the PS3). I did not think I should leave it on standby. Or should I?

I use this PS4 MAINLY for the apps. I really liked my PS3 for apps/blu-ray/little gaming here and there.

I know the games will come. Along with more apps(YouTube soon with more to come). Plus, soon hopefully, a REAL REMOTE to work the PS4, just like the PS3. But I will just use my Samsung Remote for now.

Only game I will buy NEW, and really looking forward too is FAR CRY 4. Stoked about that one.
post #17109 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Yeah, FF14 has a very deep hold on me, even TLoU Remastered may not be able to pull me away... The free expansions are also great, makes DLC look less appealing even if I am paying a monthly fee.
post #17110 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Yeah, I'm not sure where I wanna buy COD this year. If I buy it on PC I get much better graphics and can play it in every room, but I have to play MP with my DS4 against mousers, the pool of players is super small and it might be super buggy and unoptimized like ghosts. But on PS4, it's locked to PSN forever and I'm chained to one room. Sigh...I just wanna buy games once and not care about platform.

post #17111 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure where I wanna buy COD this year. If I buy it on PC I get much better graphics and can play it in every room, but I have to play MP with my DS4 against mousers, the pool of players is super small and it might be super buggy and unoptimized like ghosts. But on PS4, it's locked to PSN forever and I'm chained to one room. Sigh...I just wanna buy games once and not care about platform.
The solution is easy. Get some more PS4 consoles.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #17112 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The solution is easy. Get some more PS4 consoles.

Oh yeah, killer solution.

I can actually get the A/V signal up to my living room, but the controller is spotty. Apparently a DS4 has better range with a tiny little $5 Bluetooth dongle than a PS4. (Both are in the same rack in the basement.)

post #17113 of 17113 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Saw this on the web. Not a bad idea to keep a little of the light still showing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405295334.244648.jpg
ambesolman likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page