PlayStation 4 - Page 575 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17221 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
curtlots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northeast WI
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
They need to hurry up and update that and the mp3 support. Been long enough.
Totally agree! I got a little bit excited last night when I saw the update notice when I turned on my PS4. Just a little though. It's been 9 months and Sony has done virtually SQUAT regarding meaningful updates.

I don't have, nor did I ever really consider getting the xbox, but I'm starting to think I made a mistake by not giving it more consideration.

Ways the xbox one is crushing the PS4?????

https://games.yahoo.com/news/one-way...161658520.html
steve1022 likes this.
curtlots is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17222 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,183
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
Totally agree! I got a little bit excited last night when I saw the update notice when I turned on my PS4. Just a little though. It's been 9 months and Sony has done virtually SQUAT regarding meaningful updates.

I don't have, nor did I ever really consider getting the xbox, but I'm starting to think I made a mistake by not giving it more consideration.

Ways the xbox one is crushing the PS4?????

https://games.yahoo.com/news/one-way...161658520.html
whats wrong with owning both?
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #17223 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,410
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
whats wrong with owning both?
Yes. I could not see only owning one of them. There are too many good things on both systems to be limited to one.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #17224 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
curtlots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northeast WI
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
whats wrong with owning both?
I understand many can do that, but it's just not my way. The last time I owned both, was when I had a Genesis and SNES at the same time.

There's the extra cost of owning and supporting a second system, the lack of space in my rack and inputs on my receiver (both are full), and I really just like getting comfortable with one style of controller and the button layout. I know it's lame, but I can't help it.
ambesolman likes this.
curtlots is offline  
post #17225 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,511
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
whats wrong with owning both?
The article does have a point though. There's no denying the that since release, the xbox one has received meaningful updates on a regular and frequent basis, while barely anything worthwhile has changed on the PS4 since the day it came out.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #17226 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
3D bluray support coming in firmware 1.75

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=860764
PENDRAG0ON is offline  
post #17227 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Remember the PSN hack of 2011? We are getting more free stuff as a result of a class action suit.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=860776
PENDRAG0ON is offline  
post #17228 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,511
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
3D bluray support coming in firmware 1.75

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=860764
Thats a shocker.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #17229 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,183
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
3D bluray support coming in firmware 1.75

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=860764
this is why competition is good..
slyderulz, icelt, tfoltz and 1 others like this.
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #17230 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 2,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
One could also argue that the Xbox One needed more updates because it launched with less features or more things that needs fixing. Here is what I've read that the next Xbox One update will include:

Quote:
The next update will incorporate feedback from Xbox One owners to bring activity feed updates, a low battery notification, 3D Blu-ray functionality and the ability to remotely purchase and download content from your mobile device.
I give them whatever activity feed updates are and 3D support but, low battery notification and mobile purchases and downloads have been on the PS4 since day one. I just don't see it as the Xbox One crushing the PS4 with updates when they are still playing catchup in some areas.

I'm glad the PS4 will be getting 3D support, especially for those who really want this feature. It may not be a huge deal for me since I have a separate 3D BD player but, it will still be nice to know it's there. I'll have to decide if I want to re-wire my system which would mean losing high res audio. I currently have my PS4 HDMI going through my receiver which doesn't support 3D. I'll probably leave everything the way it is since I have another BD player but, it would be nice to be able to use my Gold Headset and watch a 3D movie at night.

The updates I'm still really wanting to see are mp3 support and suspend mode.
icelt likes this.
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #17231 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
brwsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
3D bluray support coming in firmware 1.75

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=860764
Can't wait to view 3D at home.
I think Gamer was the first 3D movie I watched on an Imax screen, think I'll keep it wrapped until the updates complete (Walmart for $8).
Hopefully the glasses the sold me at London Drugs are worth it (2 pair fop $20). He confirmed they had no more in stock (and they're returnable).

Can't wait...

Or should I say

Its been a long wait?

I think I can, I think I can
brwsaw is offline  
post #17232 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
this is why competition is good..

Don't bring up competition here. It seems to sour some milk for some.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #17233 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tfoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
I'm glad the PS4 will be getting 3D support, especially for those who really want this feature. It may not be a huge deal for me since I have a separate 3D BD player but, it will still be nice to know it's there. I'll have to decide if I want to re-wire my system which would mean losing high res audio. I currently have my PS4 HDMI going through my receiver which doesn't support 3D. I'll probably leave everything the way it is since I have another BD player but, it would be nice to be able to use my Gold Headset and watch a 3D movie at night.

The updates I'm still really wanting to see are mp3 support and suspend mode.
Best to wait and see if they will be providing lossless audio in 3D first.

PSN: PrankT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tfoltz is offline  
post #17234 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
One could also argue that the Xbox One needed more updates because it launched with less features or more things that needs fixing. Here is what I've read that the next Xbox One update will include:







I give them whatever activity feed updates are and 3D support but, low battery notification and mobile purchases and downloads have been on the PS4 since day one. I just don't see it as the Xbox One crushing the PS4 with updates when they are still playing catchup in some areas.



.


I have been already able to purchase and download from my mobile device on both systems. I think they are adding it to the phone app itself. I know the ps4 app has it but it's more of a redirect to your browser.

We played with a rolltide2022 last night on bf4. I wasn't sure if it was you or not. I wasn't even sure if that's your psn name. Looking at the numbers now they don't seem to match. So I'm guessing not.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #17235 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Does anyone else think Sony had this all along for 3d support? Xbox announces it and a few weeks later they are releasing an update for just 3d support.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #17236 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Member
 
Lostonmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sierra Nevada
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Good news, guess I can hold off on making my PC do 3d. Now I've got to figure out which 3d movie to buy first (since my set uses active glasses I want to try just one to make sure it works ok for me). Maybe the StarTrek Into Darkness haven't seen these yet (been a holdout being a huge fan of the various TV versions). Anyone have a good newbie 3d movie recommendation?

While I'm at it any good remotes for the PS4 yet? I don't really care for using the controller as a remote. The only PS4 remote I'm seeing on Amazon has pretty bad reviews.
Lostonmountain is offline  
post #17237 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 2,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post
Best to wait and see if they will be providing lossless audio in 3D first.
Well, even if it does I wouldn't be able to do both. My receiver doesn't support 3D so, I'd have to move the HDMI cable directly to the TV to watch 3D, which would leave me with only an optical connection for audio. I got around this problem with my 3D BD player by getting one that had dual HDMI outputs, one for audio and one for video, that way I get both 3D and lossless audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
We played with a rolltide2022 last night on bf4. I wasn't sure if it was you or not. I wasn't even sure if that's your psn name. Looking at the numbers now they don't seem to match. So I'm guessing not.
Nope, wasn't me, I'm rolltide1017 pretty much everywhere.
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #17238 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tfoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Does anyone else think Sony had this all along for 3d support? Xbox announces it and a few weeks later they are releasing an update for just 3d support.
Definitely. They originally announced 3D blu-ray playback to Engadget, but quickly changed to only 3D game playback once Xbox One confirmed no 3D. You can guarantee they are just holding onto the other features people want as well. They must think it benefits them somehow.

PSN: PrankT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tfoltz is offline  
post #17239 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post
Definitely. They originally announced 3D blu-ray playback to Engadget, but quickly changed to only 3D game playback once Xbox One confirmed no 3D. You can guarantee they are just holding onto the other features people want as well. They must think it benefits them somehow.

They need to release suspend/resume feature.
slyderulz likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #17240 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tfoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostonmountain View Post
Good news, guess I can hold off on making my PC do 3d. Now I've got to figure out which 3d movie to buy first (since my set uses active glasses I want to try just one to make sure it works ok for me). Maybe the StarTrek Into Darkness haven't seen these yet (been a holdout being a huge fan of the various TV versions). Anyone have a good newbie 3d movie recommendation?

While I'm at it any good remotes for the PS4 yet? I don't really care for using the controller as a remote. The only PS4 remote I'm seeing on Amazon has pretty bad reviews.
Tangled, Avatar, Gravity, Madagascar 3, Despicable Me are great. There are a bunch more...3D can be amazing. Make sure to play Trine 2 in 3D also.
icelt and Lostonmountain like this.

PSN: PrankT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tfoltz is offline  
post #17241 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 2,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostonmountain View Post
Anyone have a good newbie 3d movie recommendation?
Into Darkness 3D is okay but not the best use of 3D.

I would recommend Gravity, either Hobbit movies and Pacific Rim. Despicable Me 2 has some fun 3D moments and most of the Pixar films look really good in 3D, especially Finding Nemo and Wreck-It-Ralph. Titanic is probably the best 3D conversion of an older film, it's actually pretty impressive IMO, and almost looks like it was shot in 3D. Overall though, Avatar is still the best 3D I've ever seen.
icelt and Lostonmountain like this.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 07-23-2014 at 09:02 PM.
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #17242 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Member
 
DrMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostonmountain View Post
Good news, guess I can hold off on making my PC do 3d. Now I've got to figure out which 3d movie to buy first (since my set uses active glasses I want to try just one to make sure it works ok for me). Maybe the StarTrek Into Darkness haven't seen these yet (been a holdout being a huge fan of the various TV versions). Anyone have a good newbie 3d movie recommendation?

While I'm at it any good remotes for the PS4 yet? I don't really care for using the controller as a remote. The only PS4 remote I'm seeing on Amazon has pretty bad reviews.
The best 3D movie that I have viewed in my home theater is Gravity. Star Trek into Darkness is also very good but nothing has topped Gravity at this point. Avatar is also another great 3D movie. Enjoy!
Lostonmountain likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Marantz AV8801 pre-pro / MM8077 amp
Martin Logan Motion 50XT Center
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Fronts/40 Rears
REL R-528 SE (2)
Oppo BDP-103D/Playstation 4/Furman ELITE-20 PF i
DrMichael is offline  
post #17243 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 09:19 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,410
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
3D bluray support coming in firmware 1.75

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=860764
That is nice but where is the suspend/resume feature? That should have a higher priority than playing 3D BDs.
Artman22 likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #17244 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,410
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post
Best to wait and see if they will be providing lossless audio in 3D first.
Why wouldn't they? The PS3 offered lossless audio with 3D BDs. Well at least DTS-HD MA audio. Not Dolby True HD. But I let my PS4 decode all audio anyway. So I wouldn't expect any issues. The PS4 will send out high quality PCM audio from a 96Khz track. Unlike the XBOne which seems to be limited to 48Khz.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #17245 of 18067 Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tfoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Why wouldn't they? The PS3 offered lossless audio with 3D BDs. Well at least DTS-HD MA audio. Not Dolby True HD. But I let my PS4 decode all audio anyway. So I wouldn't expect any issues. The PS4 will send out high quality PCM audio from a 96Khz track. Unlike the XBOne which seems to be limited to 48Khz.
I'm not giving any company the benefit of the doubt. This should have been a launch feature, and we're getting it 9 months late...after their competitor announces it and then claims it's for the gamers. For all I know they hold out lossless audio for a later patch, or just do DTS and no Dolby like PS3.

PSN: PrankT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tfoltz is offline  
post #17246 of 18067 Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Into Darkness 3D is okay but not the best use of 3D.

I would recommend Gravity, either Hobbit movies and Pacific Rim. Despicable Me 2 has some fun 3D moments and most of the Pixar films look really good in 3D, especially Finding Nemo and Wreck-It-Ralph. Titanic is probably the best 3D conversion of an older film, it's actually pretty impressive IMO, and almost looks like it was shot in 3D. Overall though, Avatar is still the best 3D I've ever seen.
All excellent selections, however for a "newbie" I think I'd put Finding Nemo towards the top of the list. It's probably the "best" movie overall start to finish on the list and even though it was a 3D conversion it sure as hell doesn't look like it. Pixar spent some serious cash in the conversion process that's for certain.

Also for those that have a Hollywood Video in their area you can actually rent 3D BR's from them.

Viva the 3rd dimension!
icelt is offline  
post #17247 of 18067 Old 07-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post
I'm not giving any company the benefit of the doubt. This should have been a launch feature, and we're getting it 9 months late...after their competitor announces it and then claims it's for the gamers. For all I know they hold out lossless audio for a later patch, or just do DTS and no Dolby like PS3.
I might be misinterpreting what you're saying, but the PS4 already supports DTS-HD Master Audio. I know that for a fact. Whether it supports DD-True HD or not I'm not certain. However from my understanding lossless audio is lossless audio, meaning that the DTS version gives the exact same result as the DD one.
icelt is offline  
post #17248 of 18067 Old 07-24-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,410
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
I might be misinterpreting what you're saying, but the PS4 already supports DTS-HD Master Audio. I know that for a fact. Whether it supports DD-True HD or not I'm not certain. However from my understanding lossless audio is lossless audio, meaning that the DTS version gives the exact same result as the DD one.
With the PS3 it also supports DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD with a 2D BD. But when playing back a 3D BD it only plays DD instead of Dolby True HD. And it does play back DTS-HD MA with a 3D BD. Many of the more recent Disney 3D BD titles have Dolby True HD instead of DTS-HD MA for their lossless audio. But the vast majority of 3D titles use DTS-HD MA.

I would be shocked if there is any issue with the PS4 playing back any of the lossless audio formats with a 3D BD.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #17249 of 18067 Old 07-24-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Don't bring up competition here. It seems to sour some milk for some.
So? That's their problem.

Competition is the reason we have a great console in the PS4. Without the Xbox 360 curb-stomping the PS3 to start last gen I can't imagine Sony would have handed over the keys to design the PS4 to Cerny.
Competition is the reason Microsoft is working their asses off to improve the Xbox One. Without Sony kicking their ass to start this gen we'd be getting the usual smug comments and consumer-unfriendly decisions they were entitled to make after winning the last-gen battle against Sony.

In this specific case, I don't think competition with Microsoft had much to do with PS4 getting this feature, although it is definitely possible that they accelerated their plans when Microsoft announced it (and if so, there's another win). You don't just snap your fingers and throw in a feature on the fly like that, it's obviously been in the works for some time.
Abaddon is offline  
post #17250 of 18067 Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
They need to release suspend/resume feature.
That would be huge. That and HBOGO would make me a very happy PS4 camper. Other than that I am very satisfied right now.

It's funny, we take some features for granted. Last night I was playing some Strider (had been meaning to buy it at some point but I never got around to it, so I snapped it up this month free from PS+) and used the headphones feature for only the second time. It was really really cool. I still play some on the PS3 and it would be super useful there as well, when I want to game a little bit but the rest of the house is in bed. No need to turn the sound way down and it sounds great.

Anyway that was a bit of a tangent...
Abaddon is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off