post #17341 of 18081 Old 07-30-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I really don't understand. That makes no sense to me.

Imagine a 4-bit skyrim that's 50 minutes long, and your single button does nothing. All you can do is walk around, and things happen.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17342 of 18081 Old 07-30-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
I couldn't find the original post but just a reminder that the Guardians of The Galaxy table was released for Zen Pinball 2 today for $2.99

Good table, enjoying it so far, especially in 3D.

Whoever it was that gave us the original head's up, thanks!
It's posts like this that make me wish I had a 3Dtv. I want to check that game out in 3D.
icelt likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #17343 of 18081 Old 07-30-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post
Apparently at the time I only "Added to cart."

If the game shows up in your dl list on the website, that means you purchased it? Because resogun & contrast both are in my dl list when I use my computer.
Should show purchased if you go to the main store and have banked them.
post #17344 of 18081 Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Dammit
post #17345 of 18081 Old 07-30-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...eup/#sf3929779

PS Plus: Preview August’s Free Game Lineup

"This month our PlayStation Plus members will receive two games free the day they release on PlayStation Store — Road Not Taken on PS4 and Metrico on PS Vita. In addition to these titles, members will receive other popular games like Fez on PS4, Crysis 3 and Proteus on PS3 and Dragon’s Crown on PS Vita.

PS4 owners can enjoy two puzzle games with very different mechanics. First up, there’s Road Not Taken, where you’ll aim to strategically maneuver through a forest as efficiently as possible with only a limited amount of stamina, all while saving lost children. Then you can don a fancy hat in Fez, as you jump around pixelated 2D levels housed in a 3D world. Shift your view of the landscape with the hit of a button and journey to find the pieces of a Hexahedron.

On PlayStation 3, Crysis 3 offers the sandbox first-person shooter world that made the franchise famous and there’s a new toy to play with – the Predator Bow. If you enjoy multiplayer, there’s a new mode here called Hunter where two players are pitted against a team of CELL agents with the goal of slowly turning all of them into fellow Hunters.

Then, there’s the soothing experience of Proteus, where you’ll explore procedurally generated islands with a dynamic soundtrack.

Finally, PlayStation Vita owners will get their hands on the highly-anticipated puzzle-platformer Metrico and critically-acclaimed action RPG Dragon’s Crown. Traverse a world filled with infographics in Metrico, but don’t be fooled by the clean presentation – proceeding through these charts isn’t as straightforward as it might seem. Invite up to three friends to join you in the dungeons of Dragon’s Crown, and thanks to Cross-Play you can even go adventuring with your buddies who have PS3s."

PS4

Road Not Taken
Fez

PS3

Crysis 3
Proteus

Vita

Metrico
Dragon's Crown
Dragon's Crown for the Vita! Sweet!

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #17346 of 18081 Old 07-30-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 90
anyone played Another World on PS4?

I have fond memories of this game, and want to keep it that way if the re release is no good.

Too many times I re-play old games that were great back in the day, and now they're just meh..

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #17347 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior980 View Post
The Last of Us. As exhausting as it was to play last time (I only made it a quarter way through before the PS4 version was rumored), I've never looked forward to a game as much as this one. I was pretty stoked when I saw it arrive today.

Sound and picture settings optimized, ready to go. I'll post my thoughts later. If anyone has questions, let me know!
I can't say I'm very impressed so far, but perhaps I need to give it more time.
post #17348 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
I can't say I'm very impressed so far, but perhaps I need to give it more time.
Winter... is coming.
post #17349 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I'm curious about something; we recently heard PS+ subs are up 200%, but has there been any numbers for xbox live users? I haven't found any from 2014.

I would guess they added few subs in 2014 because they probably lost as many users as they gained this year.

This was probably already discussed on NeoGAF... anyone got numbers?

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #17350 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
I'm curious about something; we recently heard PS+ subs are up 200%, but has there been any numbers for xbox live users? I haven't found any from 2014.

I would guess they added few subs in 2014 because they probably lost as many users as they gained this year.

Actually...yes and from GAF. Numbers are stale from 2013 but look like most current.

Google Play Games: 100 million - in 6 months (June 2014)

Steam: 75 million - 30 day active users (Jan 2014) /186 million total (Arstechnica Crawler estimate April 2014) [65 million 30 day active Oct 2013]

PSN: 110 million accounts (undefined - July 2013)

Xbox Live: 48 million accounts (undefined - may 2013)

Edit: the list is accounts not subs so $'s we know not.
post #17351 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

I would think XBL subscriptions are down. Since Gold is not required for alot of services that it used to be.

And PS+ is probably up because it's now required for multi-player.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 07-31-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling....doH!!
post #17352 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would think XBL subscritptions are down. Since Gold is not required for alot of services that it used to be.

And PS+ is up because it's required for multi-player.
Yuuuuuup. Kind of an even playing field now though. Both services have about all the same bullet points.
post #17353 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Had a netflix issue earlier that I was able to resolve with re-installing but now that won't work.

I'm not able to receive DD+ with movies from Netflix with ps4. It works fine on my standalone blu ray and used to work on ps4. My receiver does DD+ and netflix said it was ps4's issue not theirs. Sony says it's netflix. ???? Any insight?
post #17354 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Just use pcm output and the PS4 will decode the DD+. I have my PS4 setup to output PCM instead of bitstreaming.

The Netflix app works properly on the PS4. The audio output works properly and will dynamically change to match the number of source channels from Netflix. Unlike the other apps on the PS4 and unlike all apps on the XBOne.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 07-31-2014 at 01:01 PM.
post #17355 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Just use pcm output and the PS4 will decode the DD+. I have my PS4 setup to output PCM instead of bitstreaming.

The Netflix app works properly on the PS4. The audio output works properly and will dynamically change to match the number of source channels from Netflix. Unlike the other apps on the PS4 and unlike all apps on the XBOne.
it used to work with bit streaming it though. There's clearly something wrong with it because it works when I delete and re-install but then after a few movies it won't Bitstream.
post #17356 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Curious what peoples thoughts are on EA's Access service? Seems like a "too little, too late" effort? Most of the catalog titles likely have been on sale at other times or people passed them up for a valid reason. The "early" access to new titles sounds good in theory but just seems like a waste for a game you either REALLY want or are just waiting for a sale to buy.

I do think it is a bit stupid on Sony's part to not allow it on their platform, but I understand where they might have concerns with it. For $30/yr I'm not fully seeing benefits.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

post #17357 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Curious what peoples thoughts are on EA's Access service? Seems like a "too little, too late" effort? Most of the catalog titles likely have been on sale at other times or people passed them up for a valid reason. The "early" access to new titles sounds good in theory but just seems like a waste for a game you either REALLY want or are just waiting for a sale to buy.

I do think it is a bit stupid on Sony's part to not allow it on their platform, but I understand where they might have concerns with it. For $30/yr I'm not fully seeing benefits.
Early access from what GAF says is like two hours of play which if your just checking a game out is reasonable. Their also concerned, and with EA it may be valid, that they may use this as a sub for MP in the future. With EAs spotless record I'm a bit skeptical that this isnt just a paid beta program. As with everything EA these days, its a wait and see how it turns out. I'd imagine they just rotate games out quickly or leave the ssame old crap out there forever.
post #17358 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

I took the bait for $30. I want to see where this goes. I don't mind playing sports games 6 months after release since I only want them for short time anyway unless it's a game I really want, at least I can save 10% on the title. For that price playing 4+ games is just fine with me.

I wish sony allowed the consumer to dictate what's a good value for them but this might of hurt PS Now and that's why I think they turned it down.

If this pans out to be a good thing maybe others will follow. It's one way to slow down the used market.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #17359 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Interesting to see the collaboration of the 2 companies that lost all of my business for the foreseeable future. Only Microsoft would think it's a good idea to align itself with a company voted "worst company in American" multiple years.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #17360 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Early access from what GAF says is like two hours of play which if your just checking a game out is reasonable. Their also concerned, and with EA it may be valid, that they may use this as a sub for MP in the future. With EAs spotless record I'm a bit skeptical that this isnt just a paid beta program. As with everything EA these days, its a wait and see how it turns out. I'd imagine they just rotate games out quickly or leave the ssame old crap out there forever.

I think we should be free to make that determination for ourselves. It's laughable that Sony is acting like they're being protective of our interests. Not that I think EA is some innocent little angel, but clearly some part of their plan didn't mesh with Sony's strategic interest. My take is that EA has long term cross platform ambitions, and Sony has much more to lose in that scenario than MS.

post #17361 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

EA tried the whole charging for MP on the used market and that didn't fly. I don't see them doing that. I know they like to nickel and dime you but I just don't see them doing it again unless another big publisher does it.

benjamin-benjami -
post #17362 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I just bought a ps+ subscription. And now its showing up for download.
post #17363 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I think we should be free to make that determination for ourselves. It's laughable that Sony is acting like they're being protective of our interests. Not that I think EA is some innocent little angel, but clearly some part of their plan didn't mesh with Sony's strategic interest. My take is that EA has long term cross platform ambitions, and Sony has much more to lose in that scenario than MS.
I think another part of it is that Sony does not want a direct competitor on it's own platform as they are launching PS Now. Grant it, it's really early on and it needs to be seen what EA does with it's service, but strictly from a pricing standpoint, I know where my money would go for a service of this nature and it's certainly not Now. See what I did there? Yep, it's been a long week.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
post #17364 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
I know where my money would go for a service of this nature and it's certainly not Now. See what I did there? Yep, it's been a long week.

Nayan and chmorgan like this.

benjamin-benjami -
post #17365 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Not saying Sony didn't see a conflict by any means...I just don't like EA anymore so good riddens
post #17366 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
I think another part of it is that Sony does not want a direct competitor on it's own platform as they are launching PS Now. Grant it, it's really early on and it needs to be seen what EA does with it's service, but strictly from a pricing standpoint, I know where my money would go for a service of this nature and it's certainly not Now. See what I did there? Yep, it's been a long week.

Yep, and since they're leading the next gen so far, they don't feel like they need to make concessions to anyone. It's crazy how quickly they're flipping back to their old ways now that they're back on top.
Artman22 likes this.

post #17367 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I think we should be free to make that determination for ourselves. It's laughable that Sony is acting like they're being protective of our interests. Not that I think EA is some innocent little angel, but clearly some part of their plan didn't mesh with Sony's strategic interest.
Yeah, I don't like the fact that Sony is making the decision for me.

Honestly, I'd rather sign up for the EA deal on the PS4, as that is where I would prefer to play Fifa 14. I'd also want to see an early look at the PS4 version of Madden 15, as I'm more likely to buy that version anyways. (more powerful system = slightly smoother gameplay ?) Same thing with NHL 15 and Fifa 15, etc, etc.

However, I also am considering the fact that Sony knows more about the particulars of this deal than we do. They might know what EA plans to do over the course of this deal, and there could be something about it they don't like. For example, on the Xbox One, I think you HAVE to use a Credit Card. If you already have Xbox bucks on your gamertag, it doesn't matter. You need to enter a Credit Card #. Which is kinda shady. I think if you pay for a single month for 5 bucks, they might automatically bill you for more months, until you go through some long, drawn out process of cancelling your subscription all the way. Maybe Sony didn't like that aspect of it.

Anyways, it's possible Sony knows something about the deal that we don't know, and maybe they are really protecting us from some bullcrap, but the odds are more in the camp that they just didn't want this confusing their Playstation Now message. It could just be bad timing.
icelt likes this.
post #17368 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody check out the PS Now open beta? I keep forgetting about it but its apparently up. Prices are stupid from what I'm reading.
post #17369 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Anybody check out the PS Now open beta? I keep forgetting about it but its apparently up. Prices are stupid from what I'm reading.
Prices are a wee bit insane.

I think it's $2.99 to rent for 4 hours, and $5.99 to rent for 7 days, and they have a few other options as well. Here is my problem with the whole idea:

1. It only works on PS4 right now. If you have a PS4, why are you playing a PS3 game ? Ok, let's say you really, really, really love certain PS3 games and want to replay them... Why not just buy the game used for almost as much money, and you actually own something tangible, plus you'll have perfect sound quality, perfect video and zero lag.

The $5.99 for 7 days deal is actually very interesting.... IF IT WAS FOR PS4 GAMES ! For old PS3 games.... not so much. Honestly, I can't really go back to last gen games. Sometimes I have to play certain games with my kids here and there that are last gen, and the games seem blurry to me. Seriously. And this is on something running natively, with zero lag and any of the other problems.

The $2.99 for 4 hours is just kinda laughable. The only time anything like that would come into play, is if it was during a kids birthday party or something, and you were renting sing star for 4 hours or something like that. Otherwise might as well try to rent the game at Redbox. You save $1, and get the game for WAY more than 4 hours. Yes, I know Redboxes selection sucks, but if you're really going this route, you might as well pay for a gamefly subscription. I mean, if you keep dropping 3 bucks for 4 hours a bunch of times, you might well just payed for a month of gamefly instead. (if you couldn't get that game from redbox or a local place near you).

The prices seem like the kind of thing you'd see at a hotel or on a cruise ship or something. Basically way overcharging, but knowing that they have a captive audience that is stuck in a certain location that might have a screaming kid demanding something, and just saying the heck with it and paying the crazy price just to shut the damn kid up. You're in a hotel, or you're on a cruise ship or something... yeah, you do impulsive things and spend these kinds of amounts. But in your own house ?
Mud76 likes this.
post #17370 of 18081 Old 07-31-2014, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Sony confirmed the PS Now minimum will drop to $1.99 in a few weeks. With that said, the publishers set the pricing for their own games, not Sony. They are also looking at offering a annual pass for a fee... probably not until the full release though.

As for the Electronic Arts thing, why assume that EA is a white knight in this? None of us knows what is going on behind the scenes, and I'd be surprised if they didn't have some angle that a lot of people aren't considering with this new service.

For instance, are one of the only major PC game publishers that no longer puts major releases on Steam. Why? Because they want Valve to allow them to handle transactions through their games and Origin service, which screws Valve out of a cut of DLC and add-on money.

So doesn't it seem possible that EA wants their own sub-PS+ service on the PS3? I mean, I hear they demand that customers set up a separate EA account (with credit card) within their portal, which could conceivably used to filter us through their store and skip PSN altogether. Sony would understandably cry foul since they didn't invest millions developing a console so 3rd party digital companies could benefit without the PSN.

Even if all of this is off the mark, it seems way too simplistic to simply say "Sony doesn't want us to choose." If the price is right (and maybe if they force EA to allow us to use our PSN accounts), they'll probably change their mind.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Last edited by joeblow; 07-31-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page