post #17371 of 17374 Old Today, 04:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
Sony confirmed the PS Now minimum will drop to $1.99 in a few weeks. With that said, the publishers set the pricing for their own games, not Sony. They are also looking at offering a annual pass for a fee... probably not until the full release though.

As for the Electronic Arts thing, why assume that EA is a white knight in this? None of us knows what is going on behind the scenes, and I'd be surprised if they didn't have some angle that a lot of people aren't considering with this new service.

For instance, are one of the only major PC game publishers that no longer puts major releases on Steam. Why? Because they want Valve to allow them to handle transactions through their games and Origin service, which screws Valve out of a cut of DLC and add-on money.

So doesn't it seem possible that EA wants their own sub-PS+ service on the PS3? I mean, I hear they demand that customers set up a separate EA account (with credit card) within their portal, which could conceivably used to filter us through their store and skip PSN altogether. Sony would understandably cry foul since they didn't invest millions developing a console so 3rd party digital companies could benefit without the PSN.

Even if all of this is off the mark, it seems way too simplistic to simply say "Sony doesn't want us to choose." If the price is right (and maybe if they force EA to allow us to use our PSN accounts), they'll probably change their mind.
I think that's exactly what EA wants. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that Sony would be getting screwed by that. From my perspective, I bought the hardware, I should be able to purchase from whom I please on it. But just like apple does on the iphone, they're in control, and they get to demand a toll.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17372 of 17374 Old Today, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I think that's exactly what EA wants. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that Sony would be getting screwed by that. From my perspective, I bought the hardware, I should be able to purchase from whom I please on it. But just like apple does on the iphone, they're in control, and they get to demand a toll.
So far Sony has made what I'd consider good choices so I can't fault them. Really though its just been Sony passing on EA stuff so I'm on board with that! If they passed on something I cared about I'd probably be unhappy.
post #17373 of 17374 Old Today, 04:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
So far Sony has made what I'd consider good choices so I can't fault them. Really though its just been Sony passing on EA stuff so I'm on board with that! If they passed on something I cared about I'd probably be unhappy.

I doubt their decision would have changed if it was activision, ubisoft or anyone else.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17374 of 17374 Old Today, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 336
I just don't want a company telling me whats in my best interest, let me decide what is or isn't. MS had that same attitude a year ago. Its Sony saying no to EA today but what else will they start doing in our "best interest". This might of hurt the PS Now and thats why I think they passed on it. They don't want other publishers to start doing this because that would really hurt PS Now. I also believe Sony has the recommended pricing for the publishers to follow with some incentives on following it.

The billing of it is done through MS and not EA. Just like all other MS subscriptions, they charge whatever card/paypal you have on file and do not use what money you have stored on your account.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page