PlayStation 4 - Page 585 - AVS Forum
First ... 583  584  585 586  587  ... Last
PlayStation Area > PlayStation 4
emartins's Avatar emartins 05:07 PM 08-11-2014
I loved Fez. I never finished it but did get far when it came out for the 360.

corndogggy's Avatar corndogggy 05:07 PM 08-11-2014
I enjoy my PS4 but there are a few things that I dislike.

I don't like signing multiple people into the playstation network just to be able to play a game. It is a pain.

I don't like not being able to turn off the lights on my controllers, although sometimes they seem kind of cool.

I don't like the significantly shorter battery life of the controllers.

I really don't like the fact that you cannot play a CD or MP3's or any music other than blu-ray's, Sony's streaming service, and things that come off of a website like youtube or whatever.

It does work well for gaming though, I have the same LEGO movie game on PS3 and PS4, actual gameplay is significantly better on the PS4 in my opinion, the controllers and graphics are better and there seems to be less quirks and bugs.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 05:34 PM 08-11-2014
The PS4 doesn't play DVDs? I never tried it but I assumed it would play BDs as well as DVDs.
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 05:37 PM 08-11-2014
It plays DVDs.
mickeybogart 05:41 PM 08-11-2014
Should be getting a ps4 super soon, pay day is friday and I've been looking forward to one for awhile..
Anyways, I'm also, like many of you, disappointed that the PS3 is still a better media player than the PS4.
Apparently it's something they'll be rolling out in the future, but much like many of the launch PS4 games, not having this function makes the unit feel very rushed.

Anywho, there is this software called Plex that people have been using as a work around, I know it's not the solution we'd all like but it will do for now, check it out.

You Tube

corndogggy's Avatar corndogggy 05:47 PM 08-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The PS4 doesn't play DVDs? I never tried it but I assumed it would play BDs as well as DVDs.
Yes it plays DVD's, I just never touch them anymore as they look horrendous compared to blu rays. I'm just disappointed that it cannot play any music unless you're watching a movie like Metallica's through the never or something else in the list stated above. You can't just pop in a cd and expect it to work which is stupid.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:56 PM 08-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I loved Fez. I never finished it but did get far when it came out for the 360.
But but that 60 frame goodness...oh wait
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 06:45 PM 08-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
I would have reached a similar conclusion, however in reading a preview-review today on Eurogamer one of the design blokes they interviewed stated quite emphatically that this whole Exo mechanic was conceived right after MW3 was sent out as final.

So.... ummm... could be a whole lot of hooey that the lawyers and marketing department concocted up, but FWIW that is what they are claiming.

The video does look pretty good I must admit. Then again so do alot of trailers for crap movies! Don't know if my aging gaming brain can handle an even more frenetic CoD. The lightweight, ninja teleporting knifing commandos from MW2 are not exactly a fond memory.

Crysis did the whole cloaking and super jumping exosuit thing back in 07. If you want to point to a game it's copying from, TF doesn't even belong in that conversation, it's like the most generic and derivative vision of the future ever.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 08:44 PM 08-11-2014
now you have to pay to play a demo! got to love it..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...ss-on-xbox-one
Johnny Mnemonic's Avatar Johnny Mnemonic 10:05 PM 08-11-2014
Oh wow, EA and Microsoft are even more in bed with each other... lol
mboojigga's Avatar mboojigga 11:14 PM 08-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

Except it isn't a demo it is early access to the full version of the game. The early access was known when this was announced initially.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 04:59 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:

I still don't see how Sony can say it isn't a good value. Just the opposite. It is a very good value.

And because it isn't available on the PS4. Some games that I would have purchased on the PS4 will now be purchased on the XBOne instead.
emartins's Avatar emartins 05:36 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:

Cmon Ben. I can see you sitting down posting that with an evil laugh. You know its not a demo and the real news is that Madden will have no demo this year and thats it. EA Access was already announced and one of the details is you would be able to download the FULL game 5 days before.
d_m1010's Avatar d_m1010 05:49 AM 08-12-2014
Hey guys, I have Metro Redux on preorder. What do you all think about it? And you were right about TLOU, I am enjoying it.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 07:51 AM 08-12-2014
ok, what i meant is the only way to "demo" the game was to pay. i used to buy madden almost every year and the demo (so i could see what the gameplay changes "felt like") was a big factor in whether i would buy the game or not. Just upset that this is happening. i don't like the idea that there won't be a way to "test" the game (or potentially others) without paying.. "demos" have been getting me involved in different games since wolfenstien 3d. the fact still remains is if you want to "demo" (or try) the game you have to pay. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that is very resistant towards things that cost more money that we become "accustomed to". I haven't had cable for years, my phone is on a month to month contract (so i pay less), i don't even have a home phone, etc.. i just don't want to see another thing behind a paywall that used to be free (yes i understand it is full game, etc.. but it still remains to try game you have to pay)
scubasteve2365's Avatar scubasteve2365 08:02 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I still don't see how Sony can say it isn't a good value. Just the opposite. It is a very good value.

And because it isn't available on the PS4. Some games that I would have purchased on the PS4 will now be purchased on the XBOne instead.
That doesn't make any sense. If you're getting the game via EA Access, then you're not purchasing the game. Had Sony partnered with EA Access, and you got EA games that way on PS4, you'd still would not have been buying the games on PS4.

I don't agree with Sony that there isn't value there, and I'm happy to see the birth of a subscription model in gaming, but I don't think the long term best deal for the consumer is a bunch of subscriptions with different publishers. A sub for EA, a sub for Activision, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, ect ect. I'd rather it be more centralized. Let Sony and MS gobble up the deals and charge me a single fee.
mboojigga's Avatar mboojigga 08:04 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
ok, what i meant is the only way to "demo" the game was to pay. i used to buy madden almost every year and the demo (so i could see what the gameplay changes "felt like") was a big factor in whether i would buy the game or not. Just upset that this is happening. i don't like the idea that there won't be a way to "test" the game (or potentially others) without paying.. "demos" have been getting me involved in different games since wolfenstien 3d
They didn't have a demo for the One/PS4 for Madden 25 last year.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 08:10 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
They didn't have a demo for the One/PS4 for Madden 25 last year.
i know, i specifically searched for it and didn't buy the game. i didn't complain because i thought it was a one time issue due to new consoles being out, i didn't know it was going to be a "trend"...
emartins's Avatar emartins 09:21 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
i know, i specifically searched for it and didn't buy the game. i didn't complain because i thought it was a one time issue due to new consoles being out, i didn't know it was going to be a "trend"...
Well then if COD doesn't have a demo I don't want to have to "pay" for it to try it out. Looks like you will be playing alone.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 10:04 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
That doesn't make any sense. If you're getting the game via EA Access, then you're not purchasing the game. Had Sony partnered with EA Access, and you got EA games that way on PS4, you'd still would not have been buying the games on PS4.

I don't agree with Sony that there isn't value there, and I'm happy to see the birth of a subscription model in gaming, but I don't think the long term best deal for the consumer is a bunch of subscriptions with different publishers. A sub for EA, a sub for Activision, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, ect ect. I'd rather it be more centralized. Let Sony and MS gobble up the deals and charge me a single fee.

I'd rather it was the publisher, since I have more of a multiplatform bent. Even worse, on the consoles the subscription is being tied to a multiplayer paywall, which practically makes it mandatory. The more we ask of these subs, the more we're going to have to pay...I don't like the idea of buying a $400 console and then having a $10-15 monthly fee on top of it. The reason I dropped cable years ago is because so much stuff I don't want is bundled together and the price became outrageous.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 10:12 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Well then if COD doesn't have a demo I don't want to have to "pay" for it to try it out. Looks like you will be playing alone.
you can come to my house to try it out...i went to my bro's house to try COD before i bought..
TedSeattle's Avatar TedSeattle 10:35 AM 08-12-2014
Crystal Dynamics has announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an XBox exclusive:

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94...-raider-update
rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 10:42 AM 08-12-2014
When Sony announced the PS4, didn't they say that PS+ members would be able to try or demo any game before they buy? Whatever happened to that?
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 10:54 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
When Sony announced the PS4, didn't they say that PS+ members would be able to try or demo any game before they buy? Whatever happened to that?

I remember them saying they *could* use gaikai to let you try games, not promise that they would. And I def don't remember them say you could try it for *free*.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 11:12 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post
Crystal Dynamics has announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an XBox exclusive:

Supposedly timed for the holidays but if truly exclusive...my day one became a cheap, used purchase. Fk off with this third party exclusive garbage.
Johnny Mnemonic's Avatar Johnny Mnemonic 11:21 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

Such BS. They are skipping PC too.

Must have been a HUGE check
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:23 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

You get 10% off EA games and content. So even if the game isn't available with EA access i can get it for 10% off if I purchase it. The new games coming out this year I don't expect to be avilable on EA access. At least not until later. So if I want to play one of those games this year I need to purchase it. So if it is 10% less on the XBOne when the game launches then I will be more likely to pick it up there since it will cost me less.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 11:28 AM 08-12-2014
Not even a PC version. Well, I won't be owning Tomb Raider then. What a **** decision on their part.
icelt's Avatar icelt 11:30 AM 08-12-2014
According to the Gamescom feed I glanced at Sony just announced that 10 million PS4's (or piss4's depending) have sold through world wide. We knew it was doing well but that number is still a bit of an O.O!
emartins's Avatar emartins 11:55 AM 08-12-2014
Quote:
you can come to my house to try it out...i went to my bro's house to try COD before i bought..

Deal, I like my steak medium rare please. Grass fed also. Thanks, see you in November.
Tags: Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
First ... 583  584  585 586  587  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop