post #17581 of 21095 Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Just finished the Sony presentation. Wow talked about stacked. Wild looks neat...whatever it is. Tearaway looks fun in a LBP kind of way. Until Dawn, Ethan something or other, they just kept coming. Definitely a lot to look forward to.
Yeah, fantastic showing for PS4 owners. Can't wait to play some if these games
icelt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17582 of 21095 Old 08-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 462
I don't use twitter, but I feel I should post some nasty comment to Crystal Dynamics or Square for that decision. Fully annoyed and it makes me want to not ever buy an xbone.

The wording of their explanation makes it sound like it's a permanent exclusive. Not a timed exclusive.

I suspect MS thinks this move will get them more hardware sales, but it has the opposite effect on me.
gamermwm likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #17583 of 21095 Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I don't use twitter, but I feel I should post some nasty comment to Crystal Dynamics or Square for that decision. Fully annoyed and it makes me want to not ever buy an xbone.

The wording of their explanation makes it sound like it's a permanent exclusive. Not a timed exclusive.

I suspect MS thinks this move will get them more hardware sales, but it has the opposite effect on me.
it was a very smart decision on MS part, software moves hardware, i would have done the same thing if i was in MS shoes...
Artman22 likes this.

post #17584 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Yep, any interest I had in Microsoft with all of their efforts over the past year to regain good will was flushed by this one move. They didn't even try to BS us with this one like they did Titanfall, they flat out admitted they paid to keep this off of Sony platforms. Microsoft will never get my gaming dollars again, they have proven that nothing has changed with them from the pre 180 Microsoft, all they did was replace their frontman.
gamermwm likes this.
post #17585 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 03:55 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6393 Post(s)
Liked: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

For me it doesn't matter . I doubt I would have purchased the game anyway, no matter what platform it's on. But if someone is mad with MS, shouldn't they be equally mad with the game maker too?
post #17586 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
For me it doesn't matter . I doubt I would have purchased the game anyway, no matter what platform it's on. But if someone is mad with MS, shouldn't they be equally mad with the game maker too?
And for that matter, equally mad when other companies buy off third party exclusive content, even if it's just DLC. It shouldn't matter to you whether or not you care about the title...maybe this game isn't the one you care about, but the next one will be.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17587 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Yep, they both do it. Nintendo probably would too if they could.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #17588 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
DLC doesn't matter if you can't play the game at all.... I get the general point but in the end people are getting burned out on DLC, at least I am. All these season passes and bs like that are getting to be too much. Then again I still have heartburn over buying the BF4 pass. Even TLoU with all the crap attached to it. Gah so sick of skins, and gun packs, and an extra hour of missions....shove it ffs. Just want to play! The only truly deserving DLC I'm proud to buy is for KZ. It is truly extra, is cheap, and supports a dev who did a tremendous job.

I get being pissed at Microsoft. They seem to try and create as much negative publicity as they possibly can and are, uh well moneyhatting these fun endeavors. Crystal Dynamics just took a hit to their payday. TR is good and has a nice player base, but now PC gamers are getting f'd too not just PS. Lets just say that if TF didn't generate console sale they honestly expect TR will? This was a boneheaded move though I'd bet its timed, their mot stupid are they? Hey lets pick the smallest install base of the three.

Actually though at the end of the day it won't matter one bit. After the Sony conference rolled out game after game this will be drowned out and forgotten. Xboners that buy it will enjoy it but my money is on it having mediocre sales when and if it comes to PS/PC. There's too much else out there.
icelt likes this.
post #17589 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Anddddddd the other shoe drops.

Microsoft confirms Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity deal "has a duration"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...has-a-duration

Spoiler Tag'd for those who don't want to have to look at the wall of text, but the marketing double speak on display is rather impressive. "I can only talk about what I own, it's not my job to talk about what I don't own."

Spoiler!

Business wise, I mean you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. MS is getting their tails kicked, SE (iirc is in a less than ideal financial state) so if the former can steal a few coins from the Windows money trough and use it to garner a few more sales and some headlines by buying some finite exclusivity to the later's IP. Hell why not. This way SE gets a direct and up front cash infusion, business never hates this, MS gets the aforementioned headlines and for the most part gaming goes on as we know it.

Well that's my rational self talking. I still think MS is <expletive> at making gaming hardware and despise their general disdain for the gaming community, apart from how they can mine us for coin. Others will accuse Sony, Nintendo, et al of the same.

Regardless we still get great gaming software to enjoy, I suppose that's what matters most. But still.... effffff uuuuuuuuuuu m$!!!
Johnny Mnemonic and gamermwm like this.

Last edited by icelt; 08-13-2014 at 07:22 AM.
post #17590 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
Yep, they both do it. Nintendo probably would too if they could.
Bayonetta 2

(though in that case, it was basically either Nintendo funds it or it never gets made)
post #17591 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 08:05 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
And for that matter, equally mad when other companies buy off third party exclusive content, even if it's just DLC. It shouldn't matter to you whether or not you care about the title...maybe this game isn't the one you care about, but the next one will be.
The only way I might get pissed off is if they made a game I wanted that used to be with Sony or MS, exclusive to the WiiU. Otherwise I have both a PS4 and XBOne so I'm covered if a game is only on one of those consoles. And I stopped playing games on PC nine years ago so I I can't see any game bringing me back to PC.
post #17592 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
Anddddddd the other shoe drops.

Microsoft confirms Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity deal "has a duration"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...has-a-duration

Spoiler Tag'd for those who don't want to have to look at the wall of text, but the marketing double speak on display is rather impressive. "I can only talk about what I own, it's not my job to talk about what I don't own."

Spoiler!

Business wise, I mean you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. MS is getting their tails kicked, SE (iirc is in a less than ideal financial state) so if the former can steal a few coins from the Windows money trough and use it to garner a few more sales and some headlines by buying some finite exclusivity to the later's IP. Hell why not. This way SE gets a direct and up front cash infusion, business never hates this, MS gets the aforementioned headlines and for the most part gaming goes on as we know it.

Well that's my rational self talking. I still think MS is <expletive> at making gaming hardware and despise their general disdain for the gaming community, apart from how they can mine us for coin. Others will accuse Sony, Nintendo, et al of the same.

Regardless we still get great gaming software to enjoy, I suppose that's what matters most. But still.... effffff uuuuuuuuuuu m$!!!
I figured it was a timed deal. Too many lost sales and money left if they don't sell it on other platforms.

I predict Summer 2016 for PS platforms with included DLC for $49.99, on PC for $39.99.
post #17593 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 74
hahaha, sorry I had to post this: The version we will get;

Crash44, icelt, moepoker and 6 others like this.
post #17594 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 799
i really don't understand the hate for MS on this, where was the outrage with N with bayonetta and rayman legends, what about sony and all their square exclusives, i didn't hear people ripping them for Kingdom hearts and final fantasy, i could keep giving example after example, but you get the point. I don't understand why this of all things is getting people worked up, especially with a company (square) that did exclusives with sony for years????

edit: and we just saw sony announce a bunch of exclusives!!
post #17595 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
i really don't understand the hate for MS on this, where was the outrage with N with bayonetta and rayman legends, what about sony and all their square exclusives, i didn't hear people ripping them for Kingdom hearts and final fantasy, i could keep giving example after example, but you get the point. I don't understand why this of all things is getting people worked up, especially with a company (square) that did exclusives with sony for years????

Bayonetta was a niche title, nobody cares about rayman, and once square went multiplatform they never went back. This is a total regression and I hope square ends up regretting ever making the deal.
MaxDam77 likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510

Last edited by bd2003; 08-13-2014 at 09:57 AM.
post #17596 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:

Does Sony and Nintendo typically speak like this when explaining their exclusives?
It's not because I'm trying to be a headfake on anybody.

It is the attitude of deception and repetitive intents to obscurify that MS has brought to the table moreso than simply buying titles. Along with the other crap they've pulled in the past (X 360, the alpha console), the present (Xbone can't work without Kinect) and near future (TR2 is absolutely exclusive to the Xbone).

In a sea of asshats they are simply the most ass hatiest.
MaxDam77, Crash44 and gamermwm like this.
post #17597 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Microsoft's own cross platform play policies keep Final Fantasy 14 off the Xbox. I've said before and will uphold my opinion, paid exclusivity is bs and helps no one. If Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo foots the bill for Square to create a game for their platform ok. If Square creates a multiplat game and someone pays just to cblock the others I have an issue. Timed I'm ok with, meh whatever. I bi$%#ed a lot about TF which in the end wasn't completely warranted now that we've read about how crappy Respawn managed their big pile of money.

Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Forza, etc are all Microsoft's property. Gears of War was bought and paid for by Microsoft. I have zero problems with those but if TR had been fully exclusive I'd have passed it like a dead skunk. You don't reboot a game on many platforms just to lock the sequel off....were good though its just timed. Back to bi$%#ing about something else.

Edit: Sony used to own part of Square so eh...heh heh yea...
MaxDam77 and Crash44 like this.

Last edited by lordxar5; 08-13-2014 at 10:29 AM.
post #17598 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Back to bi$%#ing about something else.

That damn LED on the controller is still to bright.

Is it still to early to this complaint back?
MaxDam77, slyderulz and freemeat like this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #17599 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Good call we have'nt had a few pages of LED issues in a while, though you should have lit the match when everything was quiet we've got Gamescom now.
post #17600 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Good call we have'nt had a few pages of LED issues in a while, though you should have lit the match when everything was quiet we've got Gamescom now.
What is Gamescon? k?
post #17601 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
What is Gamescon? k?
It's the European version of E3 Trade show

Sony 75" X900e
Sony 70" W850
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
PS4 GT: Ringo619
post #17602 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Agreed, and what about the battery life lol. I guess I'll have to buy a longer cable or extension.
post #17603 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

In the end I'll get to play Tomb Raider on the PS4 so I'm happy. It will suck having to wait a little bit but most likely it will look and run better on the PS4 if history is any indication.

So many good games in the pipeline and all the console makers pay for exclusives, it is just a business decision. I don't blame MS's for making moves trying to get people to go to their console.
post #17604 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 403
The damage is already done similar to X1 reveal before E3. Crystal Dynamic shot off both feet with this. Best they can hope for is 1 million sales on X1 and half that or more on PS4 once the triple-ultimate-extra-deep-fried-remastered-shake'n'bake edition is released that basically includes rights to any attempts of a 3rd game.

The biggest failure was in the delivery of the announcement. CD likely could've saved face had they said the game will be first released on Xbox platforms. Part of me wonders if after yesterday they called MS and started asking for damage control or tried to return the check and MS offered them timed exclusivity instead.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #17605 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What is Gamescon? k?
German E3. Lots of games being revealed on both sides this week.

http://m.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/index.php
post #17606 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
The damage is already done similar to X1 reveal before E3. Crystal Dynamic shot off both feet with this. Best they can hope for is 1 million sales on X1 and half that or more on PS4 once the triple-ultimate-extra-deep-fried-remastered-shake'n'bake edition is released that basically includes rights to any attempts of a 3rd game.

The biggest failure was in the delivery of the announcement. CD likely could've saved face had they said the game will be first released on Xbox platforms. Part of me wonders if after yesterday they called MS and started asking for damage control or tried to return the check and MS offered them timed exclusivity instead.
That's the stupid part. I watched the Microsoft presentation and they clearly said coming to Xbox One first many times. Why they chose to skip that part on this one is mind numbing.
post #17607 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's the stupid part. I watched the Microsoft presentation and they clearly said coming to Xbox One first many times. Why they chose to skip that part on this one is mind numbing.
Lol, come 2015 the console sales will be 5:1 in favor of Sony and this will get "delayed" to 2016 for "enhancements" immediately followed by an E3 announcement of the simultaneous release on PS consoles.

EDIT: MGS5 livestream gameplay (http://www.twitch.tv/konami)
EDIT2: Phantom Pain and Ground Zeros are headed to PC as well.

YouTube Gameplay Video

Last edited by Epyon415; 08-13-2014 at 11:39 AM.
post #17608 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ground Zeroes is just the $30 demo that was already released on the consoles, right? Phantom Pain is the full game, correct?
post #17609 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
Ground Zeroes is just the $30 demo that was already released on the consoles, right? Phantom Pain is the full game, correct?
Correct
freemeat likes this.

YouTube Gameplay Video
post #17610 of 21095 Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what the scope of the full game is and what kind of variety it has. Hopefully a heck of a lot more game play then MGS4. Pretty sure they said it would be a lot more in past interviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page