PlayStation 4 - Page 588 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17611 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what the scope of the full game is and what kind of variety it has. Hopefully a heck of a lot more game play then MGS4. Pretty sure they said it would be a lot more in past interviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17612 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
More paid astroturfers busted on Gaf.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=874010&page=1
Spanglo likes this.
post #17613 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I don't pay much attention to MGS. I see multiple people call ground zeroes a demo. Will phantom include the same content?

There is a difference to all the examples you guys have given compared to Tomb raider. I'm not to broken up if it did turn out to be bone exclusive. I just feel its a bad decision and a bad practice all around. Especially for game that's been on all systems.
post #17614 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what the scope of the full game is and what kind of variety it has. Hopefully a heck of a lot more game play then MGS4. Pretty sure they said it would be a lot more in past interviews.
Not sure if separate or not but watch TPP part of Sony's Gamescom thing. They cover the cardboard box and its utility! I really want TPP now! A chick in a bikini on a box as an enemy attractant? How about a fake soldier enemies salute to or a quick exit? That just looks awesome!
post #17615 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
i really don't understand the hate for MS on this, where was the outrage with N with bayonetta?
Seriously!? How the **** did you miss that bloodbath? Watch the angry Joe video on that announcement, that was the general reaction from the internet at large.

Last edited by PENDRAG0ON; 08-13-2014 at 01:27 PM.
post #17616 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I don't pay much attention to MGS. I see multiple people call ground zeroes a demo. Will phantom include the same content?
Ground Zeroes is a $30 prequel to MGSV:TPP that has illustriously been labeled a paid demo. TPP is a full game that is supposed to be just massive in size but we'll see. I loved Ground Zeroes. Yea the story was short but it does offer quite a bit of replay. Oddly I keep wanting to go back and play more where normally if I get the story I'm done with the game.
post #17617 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

"A chick in a bikini on a box as an enemy attractant?"

Well that is a step up from talking about cooking eggs and long cigarette breaks.
post #17618 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
"A chick in a bikini on a box as an enemy attractant?"

Well that is a step up from talking about cooking eggs and long cigarette breaks.
Lol. I soooo checked out at that cooking cut scene. Couldn't get me into that little Mk.II remote MG fast enough.

<zoom up the stairs> <look under table> <jump back down the stairs>

".... eggs sunny side up serve to remind us of humanity's deep material connection with the color yellow and tender, protein rich fluid filled sacks..."

<zooms back up the stairs>
freemeat likes this.

Last edited by icelt; 08-13-2014 at 12:33 PM.
post #17619 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
[quote=PENDRAG0ON;26537433]
Quote:
i really don't understand the hate for MS on this, where was the outrage with N with bayonetta?/QUOTE]

Seriously!? How the **** did you miss that bloodbath? Watch the angry Joe video on that announcement, that was the general reaction from the internet at large.
I watched that video last night. I got some good good laughs.
post #17620 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
[quote=aaronwt;26538969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I watched that video last night. I got some good good laughs.
As soon as Angry Joe tweeted his rant last night,...I had to watch it.
When MS announced the exclusivity,..I was checking my tweeter every 5 minutes waiting for that lol.
And I agree with him.
post #17621 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
i really don't understand the hate for MS on this, where was the outrage with N with bayonetta and rayman legends, what about sony and all their square exclusives, i didn't hear people ripping them for Kingdom hearts and final fantasy, i could keep giving example after example, but you get the point. I don't understand why this of all things is getting people worked up, especially with a company (square) that did exclusives with sony for years????

edit: and we just saw sony announce a bunch of exclusives!!
If any developer sets out to make a game from scratch and partners with MS, Sony, or even Nintendo exclusively that is OK. This is what Sunset Overdrive is.

When MS (and same for Sony) approaches a developer that has a game already in development process and purchases a blockade of that software being released, that bothers me. It bothers me for many reasons. The artists, coders, designers making the game are investing time (yes of which they are paid) and 1/2 (or more) of the market is then blocked from accessing their creation. That sucks for them. It also bothers me when a company gets ahead not by it's own innovative merits but by trying to bring the competition down to their level instead. I'd rather see MS innovate in ways that make people purchase XBO instead of the PS4. That's earned. Throwing cash around to make your product seem falsely more appealing because it has software that you've blocked from going to other consumers, is, crap. It's business and I understand that. I have an XBO, and I'm likely going to just wait out the exclusivity portion before I gamefly Tomb Raider on PS4. I'm going to do as much as I can to limit what MS or Square make off of me.
MaxDam77 and TeflonSoul like this.

"The Scuba Tank" thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #17622 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
If any developer sets out to make a game from scratch and partners with MS, Sony, or even Nintendo exclusively that is OK. This is what Sunset Overdrive is.

When MS (and same for Sony) approaches a developer that has a game already in development process and purchases a blockade of that software being released, that bothers me. It bothers me for many reasons. The artists, coders, designers making the game are investing time (yes of which they are paid) and 1/2 (or more) of the market is then blocked from accessing their creation. That sucks for them. It also bothers me when a company gets ahead not by it's own innovative merits but by trying to bring the competition down to their level instead. I'd rather see MS innovate in ways that make people purchase XBO instead of the PS4. That's earned. Throwing cash around to make your product seem falsely more appealing because it has software that you've blocked from going to other consumers, is, crap. It's business and I understand that. I have an XBO, and I'm likely going to just wait out the exclusivity portion before I gamefly Tomb Raider on PS4. I'm going to do as much as I can to limit what MS or Square make off of me.

Exactly. Everyone says the love competition, because it drives them to do better than each other. Gamers from all platforms gain from that. This is a dirty trick that only makes other platforms worse, and it's a net loss for the entire gaming community. Everyone should be disgusted by this trend.

I know a lot of Xbox owners are shrugging, but this deal has to have cost tens of millions. Think about all the R&D that money could have gone towards. Think about how many free "games for gold" it could have funded. Think about how in the end, every dollar MS earns, comes from you, the consumer - you're getting nothing in return for this, because you'd have gotten TR anyway. The only way this trend turns around is if their own customers speak out against it...just because you're not directly affected doesn't mean it isn't hurting you.
TeflonSoul likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17623 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Exactly. Everyone says the love competition, because it drives them to do better than each other. Gamers from all platforms gain from that. This is a dirty trick that only makes other platforms worse, and it's a net loss for the entire gaming community. Everyone should be disgusted by this trend.

I know a lot of Xbox owners are shrugging, but this deal has to have cost tens of millions. Think about all the R&D that money could have gone towards. Think about how many free "games for gold" it could have funded. Think about how in the end, every dollar MS earns, comes from you, the consumer - you're getting nothing in return for this, because you'd have gotten TR anyway. The only way this trend turns around is if their own customers speak out against it...just because you're not directly affected doesn't mean it isn't hurting you.
When I think of the Xbox One, having been a former 360 owner, I think of how much money they put into Kinect and how many better ways the money could have been spent.

Of course MS has plenty of cash and not spending money on Kinect doesn't mean they spend it elsewhere, but would have nice if they did spend it towards developing more quality games.
Nayan likes this.
post #17624 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
When I think of the Xbox One, having been a former 360 owner, I think of how much money they put into Kinect and how many better ways the money could have been spent.

Of course MS has plenty of cash and not spending money on Kinect doesn't mean they spend it elsewhere, but would have nice if they did spend it towards developing more quality games.

But at least kinect was a positive effort. It created something. This holds a big name game hostage for a few months. Does anyone really want to go back to the days when multiplatform games were rare? Cause that's where this leads.

post #17625 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
But at least kinect was a positive effort. It created something. This holds a big name game hostage for a few months. Does anyone really want to go back to the days when multiplatform games were rare? Cause that's where this leads.

I don't really blame them. They simply don't have the same compelling exclusives so paying for a compelling game like Tomb Raider to appear on Xbox One only, even if for a limited time, makes it appear to some as if they have something the others don't (which is true momentarily).

It's past the point of re-working the hardware to the point where most multi-console gamers are going to choose the Xbox One version due to better specs.. So they have to things like this to try to get people to purchase mutli-plat titles on their platform.

The other option was to make compelling uses of Kinect on multi-platform games but we see how well that has gone so far.
post #17626 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

If I knew how to make gifs I'd do one for this scene, just swapping out "The power of Christ compels you" to "The Power of Microsoft compels you".

post #17627 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bravo for this one, you summed up the issues with this move perfectly.
post #17628 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
More paid astroturfers busted on Gaf.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=874010&page=1
Oh dear. Apparently the original thread title was "It's time to re-educate some of you fools on Xbox One ...". The poster claimed to be an unbiased observer (PC and Nintendo gamer) but was outed as a paid PR guy.

Sad.
post #17629 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I don't really blame them. They simply don't have the same compelling exclusives so paying for a compelling game like Tomb Raider to appear on Xbox One only, even if for a limited time, makes it appear to some as if they have something the others don't (which is true momentarily).

It's past the point of re-working the hardware to the point where most multi-console gamers are going to choose the Xbox One version due to better specs.. So they have to things like this to try to get people to purchase mutli-plat titles on their platform.

The other option was to make compelling uses of Kinect on multi-platform games but we see how well that has gone so far.

Or they could have funded a dozen or two high quality indie/XBLA games or 360 remakes for what they likely paid. If they don't have compelling exclusives, then make them. I'm sure everyone knows by now I'm not fond of exclusives in general, but at least it's a respectable path.

post #17630 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Or they could have funded a dozen or two high quality indie/XBLA games or 360 remakes for what they likely paid. If they don't have compelling exclusives, then make them. I'm sure everyone knows by now I'm not fond of exclusives in general, but at least it's a respectable path.
Yeah, that's another option. The more quality games the better.

In the end I am just glad it is temporary so I'll get to enjoy it on the PS4. Hoping it is at least as good or better than the last game which I really enjoyed.
post #17631 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 03:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yeah, that's another option. The more quality games the better.

In the end I am just glad it is temporary so I'll get to enjoy it on the PS4. Hoping it is at least as good or better than the last game which I really enjoyed.

I'm just glad this is the only form of media that suffers this ridiculous affliction. Imagine if Verizon bought exclusive rights to game of thrones, and everyone had to get fios TV to watch it? There would probably be riots in the streets and congressional hearings!

post #17632 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm just glad this is the only form of media that suffers this ridiculous affliction. Imagine if Verizon bought exclusive rights to game of thrones, and everyone had to get fios TV to watch it? There would probably be riots in the streets and congressional hearings!
Well I can't get everything you want on Netflix. Streaming market for shows/movies is splintered as well.

I can either pay money to watch The Walking Dead at $1.99 an episode or wait for it to hit Netflix quite a bit later this year.
post #17633 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

PlayStation 4

Quote:
Well I can't get everything you want on Netflix. Streaming market for shows/movies is splintered as well.

I can either pay money to watch The Walking Dead at $1.99 an episode or wait for it to hit Netflix quite a bit later this year.

But the difference is that you can get Netflix on just about everything that has a screen and an Internet connection, or download the walking dead on a bazillion different video services.

There's no $400+$60/yr barrier standing between you and virtually any movie, song, book or TV show.
Nayan and freemeat like this.

post #17634 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Good point.
post #17635 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

The PT thing is careeeepy as all hell!
freemeat likes this.
post #17636 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
"You know the funny thing with the (Xbox One) reveal a year ago? It was over a f*****g year ago!"

I hate this line of reasoning. It's the intellectual lightweight's answer to everything. And it's all due to this generation's short attention span and forgetfulness of anything that happened more than 5 minutes ago. To the mindless drones all that matters is the now

If it is indeed true that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it......then in generation now we are all doomed
Dan Hitchman and freemeat like this.

post #17637 of 18057 Old 08-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Tried out Zen 2 pinball. While loading it prompted me to use 3D after detecting/recognizing the PJ could output 3D. No glasses killed that moment.
The game has very nice depth to the image already.
post #17638 of 18057 Old 08-14-2014, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 79
DayZ coming to PS4
http://www.playstation.com/en-us/cam...3_14#sf4134925
freemeat likes this.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #17639 of 18057 Old 08-14-2014, 02:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Loving my new PS4. The three big games I've played so far are Infamous Second Son, The Last of Us Remastered, and Killzone Shadowfall. With these games and more I've got plenty to do for awhile. Out of the three Infamous is getting the most play from me right now as I'm having a blast with it. The Last of Us is nice but at a slower change of pace. The graphics and physics possible on the PS4 are impressive

I'm glad they added 3D playback as I was kind of waiting around for that & the impending release of the new Madden to jump aboard. And I was very happy to see that Netflix is 1080p & "Super HD" (i.e. 1080p at a higher bitrate) capable. I was looking for the Super HD listing in the titles of movies/shows and didn't see it listed right next to a title like it is on my Samsung smart tv - so I was disappointed at first that it just said "HD" until I started streaming and pressed the Options button on the controller and saw up in the left hand corner of the screen that it does indeed do Super HD

I've got the PS4 in a cabinet with some airflow in the back but this thing seems to need a lot of airflow. When it gets hot the fan kicks on and is pretty loud. I'll probably end up moving it out of the enclosed area so it can stay cooler and possibly run a little quieter. Other than that I really have no complaints

I really like the new controller and the improvements there. Also how you can move it sort of like a wiimote to enter text. I often find myself turning off the system but I do leave it on standby when I know I'll be coming back to play soon or need to charge the controller for a bit. The glowing blue light isn't that big of a distraction even on bright. I've got mine on the dimmest settings and when I game on the projector the reflection makes no difference unless you are in the absolute darkest of dark rooms it's a total non issue

I'm glad I finally made the jump. Graphics are great but it's not like going from SD to HD. I knew that going in of course but still I've been impressed at the difference the extra resolution makes. To me the biggest improvements this gen will not just be visual but what is now possible as far as gameplay goes
freemeat likes this.

post #17640 of 18057 Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
I just wish Sony would hurry up and add a game resume function.
emartins likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page