PlayStation 4 - Page 591 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17701 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Ohhhhhh! There's red and white ones now too!!!

While we are on the topic of controllers, I quick search on amazon brings up alot of stick replacements for the DS4, some of which are aluminum?

I know some guys here have already tried replacing the sticks with XB1 type sticks and like it...has anyone tried the aluminum ones? I'd like to see some steel replacement sticks...anything to add some weight to the DS4, it still feels too light to me (although better than the DS3, that thing felt like an original Nintendo gamepad).

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17702 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 2,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I want to pick the blue one but my GF wants the pink one... when it will be released, if it's released.

I'll have the white one with the Destiny's Bundle so I could pick the red and blue for NHL15! Too bad the black ones are cheaper here....
Dashboard is offline  
post #17703 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,166
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Ohhhhhh! There's red and white ones now too!!!

I know right

I think the Red one is a Japan import though. I think they were only released in Japan.

The white one gets released next month with Destiny and they also have a Urban Camo coming out late next month.

I actually got the blue because I have a controller out for warranty and my other one is having some serious squeaking issues so I called Sony to have this one replaced also. When my cats come running to me to see where the squeaking is coming from I am thinking its an issue. Hopefully these new color ones are a little better made.


Get off the boat or get a TV and a PS4 on the boat so you can play with us. When you are on the ocean the wifey can't get mad.
slyderulz likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
emartins is online now  
post #17704 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Poolshark69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Almost done Sniper Elite III I see that PvZ:Garden Warfare is out today. Wonder if it is worth picking up? I don't have many friends on the PS4 since i moved over form the Xbox side.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
Poolshark69 is offline  
post #17705 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,222
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post
Almost done Sniper Elite III I see that PvZ:Garden Warfare is out today. Wonder if it is worth picking up? I don't have many friends on the PS4 since i moved over form the Xbox side.
check the BF4 thread... we are all picking up PvZ..
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #17706 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I know right

I think the Red one is a Japan import though. I think they were only released in Japan.

The white one gets released next month with Destiny and they also have a Urban Camo coming out late next month.

I actually got the blue because I have a controller out for warranty and my other one is having some serious squeaking issues so I called Sony to have this one replaced also. When my cats come running to me to see where the squeaking is coming from I am thinking its an issue. Hopefully these new color ones are a little better made.


Get off the boat or get a TV and a PS4 on the boat so you can play with us. When you are on the ocean the wifey can't get mad.
I play outside so I don't end up looking like this on BF4 Thursdays, I did preorder PvZ for PS4 though...looks like rain all week here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WorldofWarcraft11.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	219314  
aaronwt, Spanglo, lordxar5 and 1 others like this.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.


Last edited by slyderulz; 08-19-2014 at 10:14 AM.
slyderulz is offline  
post #17707 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,166
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
I play outside so I don't end up looking like this on BF4 Thursdays:



I did preorder PvZ for PS4 though...looks like rain all week here

I would hate to look like a bunch of numbers, letters and symbols

You might want to recheck that post.

Fixed
slyderulz likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271

Last edited by emartins; 08-19-2014 at 10:20 AM.
emartins is online now  
post #17708 of 18591 Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I would hate to look like a bunch of numbers, letters and symbols

You might want to recheck that post.
The new site format sucks for embedded images. I think you can only link to an image hosting site or upload as attachment...so see attached!

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #17709 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 197
If anyone has been sitting on the fence wondering just how good a PS4 version of Diablo 3 might be, I can personally comment it can turn out devilishly good indeed. A buddy and I decided to take the plunge yesterday, partially motivated by the local co-op he can take advantage of with his littleuns, and it is one fine running piece of software.

It looks great, sounds great, the interface and controls are well thought out for the DS4, coop play and communication is smooth, the new Crusader class is interesting enough. It's cool. Much, much better than the condition it was first released in at launch for the PC (shudders a little bit at the memory).

Also it installed surprisingly fast, like maybe 20 secs for the initial 26GB install. I know the PS4 is just inherently good at the new game install but this seemed to go even faster than I have become accustomed too. Just a nice clean experience all around thus far.

Gratuitous Co-op Money Shot:

Last edited by icelt; 08-20-2014 at 09:04 AM.
icelt is offline  
post #17710 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 2,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I love D3 and have it for both PS3 and 360, but I am really balking at getting the whole game again just for the xpac. It sucks, as I want it but I can't justify the price.

I act my age sometimes. Sometimes ;). Crap I say
Nayan is offline  
post #17711 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Surely it will only be a few weeks before you can pick up a used copy at a nice discounted price anyway. Probably best to wait a bit in your case.
Nayan likes this.
icelt is offline  
post #17712 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
harrybnbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm finding it hard to believe I still no freaking updates for the ps4

sure 3d is great and all but how about the mp3 the DLNA let's get some folders or something to put all these games into
harrybnbad is offline  
post #17713 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
DLNA and Harmony remote support are the only 2 features I am missing that would make me move my PS3 out of the main MAN cave room.
slyderulz likes this.
Guibs is offline  
post #17714 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I find that my PS4 sits quite regally next to my PS3, each ever at the ready to perform whatever function its most adept.
icelt is offline  
post #17715 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
DLNA and Harmony remote support are the only 2 features I am missing that would make me move my PS3 out of the main MAN cave room.
By "Harmony" support you mean "IR" support. The popular device for the PS3 that gave it "IR" support was made by Logitech but

A) Did not require a Harmony Remote to utilize it (I used it both with a Harmony remote and iRule app for iPhone)
B) Was a product not released by Sony
C) Depends on when Logitech get's it released, not Sony

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #17716 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
By "Harmony" support you mean "IR" support. The popular device for the PS3 that gave it "IR" support was made by Logitech but

A) Did not require a Harmony Remote to utilize it (I used it both with a Harmony remote and iRule app for iPhone)
B) Was a product not released by Sony
C) Depends on when Logitech get's it released, not Sony
Logitech went public to say Sony is blocking their device to work with the ps4. Logitech cannot release a product if Sony denies them access to the device to make it work. The ball is in Sony's court on that one.
Guibs is offline  
post #17717 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
Logitech went public to say Sony is blocking their device to work with the ps4. Logitech cannot release a product if Sony denies them access to the device to make it work. The ball is in Sony's court on that one.
I'm sure I could google it, but blocking them how? Far too often in my line of work I always see this excuse from a company. The problem always lies with "the other guy", which I wouldn't be surprised Sony has claimed as well.

There is almost always a deeper reason that likely would make both companies look bad that we arent hearing about.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Epyon415 is offline  
post #17718 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Mud76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
I'm sure I could google it, but blocking them how? Far too often in my line of work I always see this excuse from a company. The problem always lies with "the other guy", which I wouldn't be surprised Sony has claimed as well.

There is almost always a deeper reason that likely would make both companies look bad that we arent hearing about.
Yeah,


I don't know that it would be too hard for them to reverse engineer a DS4 and create new IR/BT adaptor (like they did for PS3)?


My guess is they're waiting on the release of a PS4 Bluetooth remote before doing something like this. That way they can capture all the extra buttons and functions, which they have no visibility on now. (like they did for PS3)!

PSN Brown-Corolla
Mud76 is offline  
post #17719 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked: 814
I just read on GAF that Infamous: First Light is a stand alone game. I had thought that I needed to own Second Son to be able to play it. I enjoyed playing SS when I had the rental for a couple of weeks. And want to eventually purchase it when the Digital download is $40 or less. But since First Light is actually a stand alone game, and only $15, I will go ahead and get it. I see it also will have pre-downloading so I might as well just pre-order it on PSN so it will get downloaded and ready to go before the August 26th release date.
gamermwm likes this.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #17720 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
According to multiple reports, Sony is blocking right now Bluetooth remote controls to work with the ps4. Logitech would have no reason to delay OT not make it work. If they could make their ps3 adapter work with the ps4, it would just mean more sales for them. There is no sane explanation as to why logitech would not make it work or release a product that would work.

On the other hand, Sony wants to release it's own remote and blocking remote controls from accessing the Bluetooth stack is a good way to make sure your remote sells well.

Yu can't simply reverse engineer the Bluetooth signal. It's all encrypted. Dependi on the strength of the encryption key, it could take years to break. Even if it was possible, it would be a breach of the console and Sony could sue the company doing this.

Last edited by Guibs; 08-20-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Guibs is offline  
post #17721 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I just read on GAF that Infamous: First Light is a stand alone game. I had thought that I needed to own Second Son to be able to play it. I enjoyed playing SS when I had the rental for a couple of weeks. And want to eventually purchase it when the Digital download is $40 or less. But since First Light is actually a stand alone game, and only $15, I will go ahead and get it. I see it also will have pre-downloading so I might as well just pre-order it on PSN so it will get downloaded and ready to go before the August 26th release date.
Yes it's a pleasant news. I never played second son and this might be a good way to try something similar before buying. What is holding me from buying second son is I could see Sony making it available free for psplus subscriber in the near future around Xmas.
Guibs is offline  
post #17722 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
Yes it's a pleasant news. I never played second son and this might be a good way to try something similar before buying. What is holding me from buying second son is I could see Sony making it available free for psplus subscriber in the near future around Xmas.
Really?!?! You think so? If there is a good chance of that happening then I would rather wait too. I can always rent Second Son again from www.3d-blurayrental.com

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #17723 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Really?!?! You think so? If there is a good chance of that happening then I would rather wait too. I can always rent Second Son again from www.3d-blurayrental.com
Pure speculation from my part but at some point, Sony will move from indie games to real full fledge ps4 games to give ps plus subscriber. It make sense that they would start with games that came out at release. Infamous 2 was one of the first full game given out by Sony with the ps plus subscription. Second son would also be a good choice but it could also be kill zone.

Sony will want a boost during Xmas to sell more ps4 and then get these new owners to subscribe to the ps plus service. Giving out a game like second son that was well release and showcase well how great looking games can be make sense.

Again pure speculation but I wouldn't be surprised.
Guibs is offline  
post #17724 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Mud76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

Yu can't simply reverse engineer the Bluetooth signal. It's all encrypted. Dependi on the strength of the encryption key, it could take years to break. Even if it was possible, it would be a breach of the console and Sony could sue the company doing this.
Are your saying every third party Bluetooth product on the market is developed with the blessing of and in conjunction with officially licenced code from the relevant OEM manufacturer?

PSN Brown-Corolla
Mud76 is offline  
post #17725 of 18591 Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
joeblow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 12,162
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
I don't see Infamous SS offered to PS Plussers over the next twelve months, let alone this Christmas. Knack and Killzone are much more likely to come before it, and even those two may be awhile since Sony has most PS4 members already signed up due to the online requirement issue - there's less incentive to add major titles early.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

joeblow is offline  
post #17726 of 18591 Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
Are your saying every third party Bluetooth product on the market is developed with the blessing of and in conjunction with officially licenced code from the relevant OEM manufacturer?
In the case we are talking, the PS4, yes I strongly believe its the case. Just look at the list of accessories available. It's just a business models. You control what is used with your console, you open the door for others to make accessories for your console but for a fee (license agreement or else). Sony then share with said 3rd party the code/specifications. I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same thing with the Xbox one.
Guibs is offline  
post #17727 of 18591 Old 08-21-2014, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
I don't see Infamous SS offered to PS Plussers over the next twelve months, let alone this Christmas. Knack and Killzone are much more likely to come before it, and even those two may be awhile since Sony has most PS4 members already signed up due to the online requirement issue - there's less incentive to add major titles early.
Could be true but the pressure will be also coming from current subscriber used to get full fledge games for free with their PSplus subscription on PS3. Who knows, if MS comes with a price drop on the Xbox one early, that could force Sony's hand to react.
Guibs is offline  
post #17728 of 18591 Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
 
harrybnbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Id like to see dead space on ps4 too
harrybnbad is offline  
post #17729 of 18591 Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,222
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 735
well all that negativity towards MS about tomb raider actually did the opposite and gave it the second highest increase in pre orders after gamescom

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...zon-pre-orders

The other big winner was Rise of the Tomb Raider, likely thanks to all the column and blog inches generated by Microsoft's shock exclusivity announcement. Check out the full list of percentage increases here: IGN Logo

Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios) 42.3 percent increase
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix) 30.25 percent increase
Bloodborne (Sony) 16.08 percent increase
Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo) 11.77 percent increase
Quantum Break (Microsoft) 10.77 percent increase
Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft) 9.53 percent increase
Assassin's Creed Unity (Ubisoft) 9.44 percent increase
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros) 9.03 percent increase
Battlefield: Hardline (EA) 8.81 percent increase
Super Smash Bros for 3DS (Nintendo) 7.56 percent increase
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #17730 of 18591 Old 08-21-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
well all that negativity towards MS about tomb raider actually did the opposite and gave it the second highest increase in pre orders after gamescom

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...zon-pre-orders

The other big winner was Rise of the Tomb Raider, likely thanks to all the column and blog inches generated by Microsoft's shock exclusivity announcement. Check out the full list of percentage increases here:
Even if there were 1 mil pre-existing pre-orders, 30% increase is only ~300k. Not a small number but considering there likely were 3 mil or so PS4 potential purchases the deal still doesn't do much for CD or SE. I recall another X1 exclusive seeing a "significant" increase in pre-orders after it was announced as being exclusive and we still don't know the number of sales. For all we know the pre-existing pre-orders might have been on PC and PS4. Obviously final sales will matter, but I just don't think this is a going to mean much.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Epyon415 is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off