PlayStation 4 - Page 595 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17821 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Fanatec will probably (definitely!) be announcing an Xbox One/PS4 compatible wheel tomorrow!



https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec
Holy crap, forget I said anything.

The wheel base will be $500. That is not including any wheel, shifters, or pedals. The wheels will be platform specific, so you'll need to add another $250-$300 (the wheels for PS4 and XBone are unannounced) for EACH platform you want to use it on. The official pedals are $250 but it works with the $80 CSR pedals. Shifters are $80-$200.

I was hoping for another $400 system, all inclusive, like the CSR. That's all we need. The CSR is so leaps and bounds beyond any of the announced wheels for PS4 or Xbone. I don't need a $1,000+ system, but I hate these $99-$199 options (and the need to have two separate wheels if I ever get an Xbone.)

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17822 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Senior Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
Hi,

You have to make sure it is the Slim version of the drive. The one you have above is the regular 2.5 which is a little bigger than the PS4 drive cage bay.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup...nal+hard+drive
Thanks for the catch! I've updated the link in my original post.
icelt is offline  
post #17823 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 913
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Holy crap, forget I said anything.

The wheel base will be $500. That is not including any wheel, shifters, or pedals. The wheels will be platform specific, so you'll need to add another $250-$300 (the wheels for PS4 and XBone are unannounced) for EACH platform you want to use it on. The official pedals are $250 but it works with the $80 CSR pedals. Shifters are $80-$200.

I was hoping for another $400 system, all inclusive, like the CSR. That's all we need. The CSR is so leaps and bounds beyond any of the announced wheels for PS4 or Xbone. I don't need a $1,000+ system, but I hate these $99-$199 options (and the need to have two separate wheels if I ever get an Xbone.)
Son of a.....

I love fanatec wheels. I still use the Porsche wheel that launched with Forza 3. Nothing like having a manual shifter with a clutch .

I just don't understand why all the USB wheels can't be compatible AT LEAST IN A WIRED configuration with both the PS4/XB1. I mean there is a USB dongle that came with the Porsche wheel if you have to have wireless, all the fanatec wheels support USB connections to PC.

With a firmware update to the wheel (which Fanatec releases regularly) and a USB connection to the PS4/XB1 (or USB dongle) it would work wouldn't it??? I mean as long as the inputs can be received either wired or wirelessly by the console and they are mapped to the correct inputs on the wheel there is nothing technical preventing this is there? Is it simply a case of accessory licensing and the cost to upgrade legacy stuff for fanatec???

No way I'll pay anything over $500 to wheel on the consoles. This is why driving sims are still king on the PC. The new controllers are both platforms are pretty decent for dirving games anyway...so I'll be wheeling with my thumbs next-gen (now current gen) for a while.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #17824 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Because Microsoft and Sony are actively blocking older wheels from working and Microsoft is actively blocking anyone from making a wheel that works with PS4 and Xbox One together.

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is online now  
post #17825 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 913
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Because Microsoft and Sony are actively blocking older wheels from working and Microsoft is actively blocking anyone from making a wheel that works with PS4 and Xbox One together.
Licensing. So when the blog mentions that one of the next gen consoles has signed on for the new wheel/base it's Sony...but it hasn't been confirmed if Microsoft will yet??

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #17826 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Licensing. So when the blog mentions that one of the next gen consoles has signed on for the new wheel/base it's Sony...but it hasn't been confirmed if Microsoft will yet??
I wouldn't make that inference, though it's the most likely. I bet they will announce both companies at once, if they're waiting that long to announce anything.

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is online now  
post #17827 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,846
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 431
PS+ Lineup for Sept.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...eup/#sf4367118

Velocity 2X (PS4, PS Vita)

Sportsfriends (PS4, PS3)

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3, PS Vita)

Hoard (PS3)

Joe Danger (PS Vita)

TxK (PS Vita)

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is offline  
post #17828 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
PS+ Lineup for Sept.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...eup/#sf4367118

Velocity 2X (PS4, PS Vita)

Sportsfriends (PS4, PS3)

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3, PS Vita)

Hoard (PS3)

Joe Danger (PS Vita)

TxK (PS Vita)
Wtf? That's the $%&*iest lineup yet...
slyderulz and Nayan like this.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #17829 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 94
It's nice that two of the games are debuts on Vita, but Sportsfriends doesn't even have singleplayer or online multiplayer and there's really no AAA PS3 title this month (sorry PS All Stars.)

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is online now  
post #17830 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Crash44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Son of a.....

I love fanatec wheels. I still use the Porsche wheel that launched with Forza 3. Nothing like having a manual shifter with a clutch .

I just don't understand why all the USB wheels can't be compatible AT LEAST IN A WIRED configuration with both the PS4/XB1. I mean there is a USB dongle that came with the Porsche wheel if you have to have wireless, all the fanatec wheels support USB connections to PC.

With a firmware update to the wheel (which Fanatec releases regularly) and a USB connection to the PS4/XB1 (or USB dongle) it would work wouldn't it??? I mean as long as the inputs can be received either wired or wirelessly by the console and they are mapped to the correct inputs on the wheel there is nothing technical preventing this is there? Is it simply a case of accessory licensing and the cost to upgrade legacy stuff for fanatec???

No way I'll pay anything over $500 to wheel on the consoles. This is why driving sims are still king on the PC. The new controllers are both platforms are pretty decent for dirving games anyway...so I'll be wheeling with my thumbs next-gen (now current gen) for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Because Microsoft and Sony are actively blocking older wheels from working and Microsoft is actively blocking anyone from making a wheel that works with PS4 and Xbox One together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Licensing. So when the blog mentions that one of the next gen consoles has signed on for the new wheel/base it's Sony...but it hasn't been confirmed if Microsoft will yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
I wouldn't make that inference, though it's the most likely. I bet they will announce both companies at once, if they're waiting that long to announce anything.
I've been keeping an eye on the wheel situation and you guys are right about the bickering going on with the peripherals. Logitech got out of the console business so they no longer care about all those GTDF (mine) and G27 wheels out there. Why should they care when Thrustmaster got all the official console support? I wish they would work it out but probably ain't gonna happen.

T500 is an excellent but expensive wheel that's available now. The "official" PS4 wheel is the T300RS, which isn't out in USA yet but should coincide with the Driveclub release. Here's a first look from Inside Sim Racing:



Here's some Driveclub gameplay from one of the conferences:


So this one is cheaper than the T500 and gives basic pedals. I'm going to be thinking about if or when I will invest in this but being compatible with PS3 might lessen the sting of having to buy another in the first place.
slyderulz and freemeat like this.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
Crash44 is offline  
post #17831 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,193
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Wtf? That's the $%&*iest lineup yet...
if i were you i wouldn't spend any money on those games
Crash44 likes this.
benjamin-benjami is online now  
post #17832 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I don't have too much of a problem with the current way. It's not like PSN goes down every day. If I can't get on, sure I could see being a little pissed, but I can just turn on my XBOne if I want to play a game or just do something else and try playing the next day.
In the end I think having an always on connection brings more benefits to the overall experience. Unfortunately it is impossible for anything to have 100% uptime. At some point there will always be some issue. And if they haven't changed anything by now I wouldn't expect them to change. But of course you never know. But since there would be people that exploit a grace period, like 48 hours, I just don't expect it to happen.
You're crossing the streams again, like many did with the whole xbone reveal. Sure no service is going to have 100% uptime. That's a given. That does not mean that draconian DRM is a requirement. When Apple has server issues, my iDevices and all of the apps on them continue to work, so does all of the music and books purchased from their eco-system. Guess what, they also work when I'm on an airplane without internet connection. This idea that these console games must have obscene DRM is ridiculous and consumers that take your stance that it's acceptable because the benefits of not having physical media means you'll accept whatever DRM they shove down your throat sets the whole industry up for this garbage.

Consumers don't accept this anywhere else, except for console video games. (maybe PC games, don't know how the DRM works there).

I also call BS on people exploiting it for 48 hours. It's not like I can just go download any game I want then unplug my cable and play for 48 hours. Before you can even download something you've purchased to a new machine you have to sign on to that machine (which requires the servers to be online) and then do what is usually a long download. If a tiny portion of the population exploits that to play a game for 48 hours, when they won't earn trophies, won't be able to play online, or possibly even be able to transfer their save, then let them. In 2014 you don't cause headache for all of your legitimate consumers that makes them want to look for other solutions in a competitive market. This is Napster and Metallica all over again.
slyderulz, Crash44, icelt and 1 others like this.

"The Scuba Tank" thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #17833 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
if i were you i wouldn't spend any money on those games
Why thank you for the kind recommendation! Actually probably not a bad thing that this lineup is horrid, Destiny will overshadow anything out next month anyway.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #17834 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
So did anyone play First Light yet? I played it for around an hour last night before feeling too queasy. With all of the main characters quick movements it made me feel queasy after awhile. But I have enjoyed it so far. It seems like it will be worth the $15 I paid.

Plus I should have time to play it before Destiny comes out in early September. Although I forgot about The Last of Us. I still need to go back to that game before Destiny comes out. There are just too many games coming out, over the next few months, that I want to play.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #17835 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
freemeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Pretty interesting article.

Metro Redux: what it's really like to develop for PS4 and Xbox One

Frank discussion with 4A Games about the new wave of consoles
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-platform-game
icelt likes this.
freemeat is offline  
post #17836 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
Consumers don't accept this anywhere else, except for console video games.
Sure they do, for example, buying a movie on Vudu, or Amazon Prime, or any one of the other streaming services that allow purchases.
Abaddon is offline  
post #17837 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Sure they do, for example, buying a movie on Vudu, or Amazon Prime, or any one of the other streaming services that allow purchases.
But I think the point is that if its there it should be transparent and not lock people out from legit use.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #17838 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
But I think the point is that if its there it should be transparent and not lock people out from legit use.
My point is that people are willing to purchase content that is only available when they have an Internet connection. You could argue that a streamed movie could easily be downloaded, installed, and played locally, like a game is. The fact that the game has to be local to perform well is a limitation of the technology.

In any case, I understand the point, but I am in agreement with others who aren't that worked up about it. If you want to talk about how the local PvZ game modes can't be played without a connection to the server, that's another matter...
Abaddon is offline  
post #17839 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
freemeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
My point is that people are willing to purchase content that is only available when they have an Internet connection. You could argue that a streamed movie could easily be downloaded, installed, and played locally, like a game is. The fact that the game has to be local to perform well is a limitation of the technology.

In any case, I understand the point, but I am in agreement with others who aren't that worked up about it. If you want to talk about how the local PvZ game modes can't be played without a connection to the server, that's another matter...
Yeah the PvZ game not even working for the offline portion over the weekend was pretty crappy considering I had just purchased it and my kids were very excited to play it. Completely unneeded to lock that portion out.
freemeat is offline  
post #17840 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Sure they do, for example, buying a movie on Vudu, or Amazon Prime, or any one of the other streaming services that allow purchases.
That's a streaming service. I understand that if my internet is down or their servers are down that I cannot stream data that is not stored on my equipment. Likewise I don't expect to be able to download a game while Sony's servers are down, but that is different than playing back content that you've already purchased, downloaded, and just sitting there. I can't think of many cases where this type of DRM is tolerated.
scubasteve2365 is offline  
post #17841 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Well Sony isn't to blame for our weekend woes, it was fkn aholes. Online only games are just a fact of life now, TF, FF, Destiny, etc so that's a whole other affair.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #17842 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 2,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Sure they do, for example, buying a movie on Vudu, or Amazon Prime, or any one of the other streaming services that allow purchases.

Wrong, both of those services allow you to download movies and shows for offline viewing, at least on iOS they do because I've done it. So no internet required after the initial download. I can even download to more then one device and playback offline on all of them, something your additional consoles can't do.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #17843 of 18100 Old 08-27-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Wrong, both of those services allow you to download movies and shows for offline viewing, at least on iOS they do because I've done it. So no internet required after the initial download. I can even download to more then one device and playback offline on all of them, something your additional consoles can't do.
I thought TiVo was the only device that Amazon allowed you to download to?

On another note. I was hoping to play some more of first light tonight but I must be coming down with something. I feel queasy again and I haven't even turned on my PS4 yet. Of course this figures since just recently my hands were well enough where I could stop wearing the splints(on my arm/hands) to bed and could also start using the game controllers without having issues.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme


Last edited by aaronwt; 08-27-2014 at 05:27 PM.
aaronwt is offline  
post #17844 of 18100 Old 08-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Senior Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quick FYI... Destiny Limited Edition PS4 avail for preorder right now at GS:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/de...edition/115834
icelt is offline  
post #17845 of 18100 Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
Quick FYI... Destiny Limited Edition PS4 avail for preorder right now at GS:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/de...edition/115834
Pre-orders only just started?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #17846 of 18100 Old 08-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
icelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Pre-orders only just started?
Sorry appears I should have explained the situation more fully... I meant that the Limited Edition on PS4 pre-order for the past several weeks has been sold out at all the major retailers; Walmart, Amazon, GS, Best Buy, Target, etc. However just this afternoon GS, and only GS thus far, has made this specific edition avail for pre-order again.
icelt is offline  
post #17847 of 18100 Old 08-28-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cravit8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
Personally I think they should find a way to let the games play if they can't authenticate the license or just put in a grace period that covers most reasonable outages. 48hrs perhaps?
Bingo. A grace period of sorts is all I'm asking for.

I can't imagine how players could abuse that to cause financial loss to Sony, and financial revenue or loss drives all the decisions.
Cravit8 is online now  
post #17848 of 18100 Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Bingo. A grace period of sorts is all I'm asking for.

I can't imagine how players could abuse that to cause financial loss to Sony, and financial revenue or loss drives all the decisions.
I'm sure Sony and the game makers can imagine it.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #17849 of 18100 Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
brwsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I've need to restart my PS4 after leaving it on stand-by instead of shutting it down. If I don't I have no audio.
Any one else experiencing this, suggestions? Obviously I should just shut it down, its odd that its worked flawlessly until about a week ago.

2015 it is.
brwsaw is offline  
post #17850 of 18100 Old 08-29-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwsaw View Post
I've need to restart my PS4 after leaving it on stand-by instead of shutting it down. If I don't I have no audio.
Any one else experiencing this, suggestions? Obviously I should just shut it down, its odd that its worked flawlessly until about a week ago.
Odd. Can you explain your full connection setup? I've only had "issues" after the system failed to enter standby or shutdown.

Off-topic, I now wish I had gone to PAX Prime. Bloodborne is going to be playable

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Epyon415 is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off