Old Today, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Fanatec will probably (definitely!) be announcing an Xbox One/PS4 compatible wheel tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec
Holy crap, forget I said anything.

The wheel base will be $500. That is not including any wheel, shifters, or pedals. The wheels will be platform specific, so you'll need to add another $250-$300 (the wheels for PS4 and XBone are unannounced) for EACH platform you want to use it on. The official pedals are $250 but it works with the $80 CSR pedals. Shifters are $80-$200.

I was hoping for another $400 system, all inclusive, like the CSR. That's all we need. The CSR is so leaps and bounds beyond any of the announced wheels for PS4 or Xbone. I don't need a $1,000+ system, but I hate these $99-$199 options (and the need to have two separate wheels if I ever get an Xbone.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
Hi,

You have to make sure it is the Slim version of the drive. The one you have above is the regular 2.5 which is a little bigger than the PS4 drive cage bay.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup...nal+hard+drive
Thanks for the catch! I've updated the link in my original post.
Old Today, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Holy crap, forget I said anything.

The wheel base will be $500. That is not including any wheel, shifters, or pedals. The wheels will be platform specific, so you'll need to add another $250-$300 (the wheels for PS4 and XBone are unannounced) for EACH platform you want to use it on. The official pedals are $250 but it works with the $80 CSR pedals. Shifters are $80-$200.

I was hoping for another $400 system, all inclusive, like the CSR. That's all we need. The CSR is so leaps and bounds beyond any of the announced wheels for PS4 or Xbone. I don't need a $1,000+ system, but I hate these $99-$199 options (and the need to have two separate wheels if I ever get an Xbone.)
Son of a.....

I love fanatec wheels. I still use the Porsche wheel that launched with Forza 3. Nothing like having a manual shifter with a clutch .

I just don't understand why all the USB wheels can't be compatible AT LEAST IN A WIRED configuration with both the PS4/XB1. I mean there is a USB dongle that came with the Porsche wheel if you have to have wireless, all the fanatec wheels support USB connections to PC.

With a firmware update to the wheel (which Fanatec releases regularly) and a USB connection to the PS4/XB1 (or USB dongle) it would work wouldn't it??? I mean as long as the inputs can be received either wired or wirelessly by the console and they are mapped to the correct inputs on the wheel there is nothing technical preventing this is there? Is it simply a case of accessory licensing and the cost to upgrade legacy stuff for fanatec???

No way I'll pay anything over $500 to wheel on the consoles. This is why driving sims are still king on the PC. The new controllers are both platforms are pretty decent for dirving games anyway...so I'll be wheeling with my thumbs next-gen (now current gen) for a while.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Old Today, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Because Microsoft and Sony are actively blocking older wheels from working and Microsoft is actively blocking anyone from making a wheel that works with PS4 and Xbox One together.
Old Today, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Because Microsoft and Sony are actively blocking older wheels from working and Microsoft is actively blocking anyone from making a wheel that works with PS4 and Xbox One together.
Licensing. So when the blog mentions that one of the next gen consoles has signed on for the new wheel/base it's Sony...but it hasn't been confirmed if Microsoft will yet??

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Old Today, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Licensing. So when the blog mentions that one of the next gen consoles has signed on for the new wheel/base it's Sony...but it hasn't been confirmed if Microsoft will yet??
I wouldn't make that inference, though it's the most likely. I bet they will announce both companies at once, if they're waiting that long to announce anything.
Old Today, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 385
PS+ Lineup for Sept.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...eup/#sf4367118

Velocity 2X (PS4, PS Vita)

Sportsfriends (PS4, PS3)

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3, PS Vita)

Hoard (PS3)

Joe Danger (PS Vita)

TxK (PS Vita)

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com