post #17851 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Odd. Can you explain your full connection setup? I've only had "issues" after the system failed to enter standby or shutdown

Pretty straight forward set up, HDMI to AVR, HDMI to PJ. Never had and issue until recently.

Its consistent though, each time I choose to go into standby(and turn it back on)there's no audio just video. I restart the PS4 and everything's back to normal.

Too bad a guy didn't have more money laying around...

Last edited by brwsaw; Yesterday at 01:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17852 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwsaw View Post
I've need to restart my PS4 after leaving it on stand-by instead of shutting it down. If I don't I have no audio.
Any one else experiencing this, suggestions? Obviously I should just shut it down, its odd that its worked flawlessly until about a week ago.
Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the PS4? I started having issues with mine after one of the updates and it turned out to be the HDMI cable causing the issues. I rarely use the included HDMI cables with devices, but I had used them with my XBOnes and PS4. Which was a mistake with the ps4. I cut the cable and put it in the trash. And then used a Monoprice HDMI cable. And it has been fine since then.
post #17853 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the PS4? I started having issues with mine after one of the updates and it turned out to be the HDMI cable causing the issues. I rarely use the included HDMI cables with devices, but I had used them with my XBOnes and PS4. Which was a mistake with the ps4. I cut the cable and put it in the trash. And then used a Monoprice HDMI cable. And it has been fine since then.
I believe I am, it was rather conveniently packaged with the unit.
I can't see how see cable would create this issue...

post #17854 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
I've need to restart my PS4 after leaving it on stand-by instead of shutting it down. If I don't I have no audio.
Any one else experiencing this, suggestions? Obviously I should just shut it down, its odd that its worked flawlessly until about a week ago.
Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue, I have them semi-regularly myself. Just no audio. For me I use a mixture of a Logitech Harmony and iRule in my house and I just chalked it up to somewhere I have an activity/macro that powers things on in the wrong order or without enough delay to make all the stupid handshaking happy.

I just worked a PC into my setup for a TV tuner card and some 3d bluray rip viewing and that's even more of beast to slay.

edit: I'm not using the PS4 supplied HDMI cable

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #17855 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue, I have them semi-regularly myself. Just no audio. For me I use a mixture of a Logitech Harmony and iRule in my house and I just chalked it up to somewhere I have an activity/macro that powers things on in the wrong order or without enough delay to make all the stupid handshaking happy.

I just worked a PC into my setup for a TV tuner card and some 3d bluray rip viewing and that's even more of beast to slay.

edit: I'm not using the PS4 supplied HDMI cable

I'll give it a shot, thank you both.

post #17856 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using HDMI for video and an optical cable for audio since day one, it just wouldn't work properly using HDMI out for audio, idk if anything has changed but i believe it was a handshake issue with my Denon 991 receiver.
post #17857 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
that powers things on in the wrong order
This is an interesting consideration, I had been powering on the components in the same order. I recently started powering up the PJ last (seems to help the image quality).
I wonder if I'm the issue???

post #17858 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
This is an interesting consideration, I had been powering on the components in the same order. I recently started powering up the PJ last (seems to help the image quality).
I wonder if I'm the issue???
Never underestimate a faulty cable. Be surprised how regular this can be your problem source.

As for order of operation, that could make sense. My HT isn't 100% setup, but normally I turn on my display, AVR, then source device (after setting to the right channel). I MIGHT have once encountered a problem by bringing the source (PS4, PS3, etc) on before the other devices.

Maybe try that first, if it continues, grab an HDMI cable from a nearby electronic store. I'd recommend buying from monoprice as their prices are low and quality is good.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #17859 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Didn't want to start a new thread, but rumor is Activision is trying to buy Take-Two (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...two-happening/)

I am struggling to explain why, but this just seems like bad outcome for consumers. Perhaps due to the way they "burned" Infinity Ward and the annoying annualization of COD. GTA is Take Twos bread and butter, and I really cannot see them turning it into an annual series without butchering something.

Plus I just personally dislike Activision (still buying Destiny!)!!!

Edit: I'm sure Microsoft is calling it's financial accountants to see how much they have available to money-hat GTA away from Sony...

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos

Last edited by Epyon415; Yesterday at 04:19 PM.
post #17860 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread, but rumor is Activision is trying to buy Take-Two (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...two-happening/)

I am struggling to explain why, but this just seems like bad outcome for consumers. Perhaps due to the way they "burned" Infinity Ward and the annoying annualization of COD. GTA is Take Twos bread and butter, and I really cannot see them turning it into an annual series without butchering something.

Plus I just personally dislike Activision (still buying Destiny!)!!!
Wow. Wonder why? GTA is huge.
post #17861 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I know its a long shot. But does any1 have a season pass for cod ghosts ps4 they don't want? I guess they changed the rules in may about dlc transferring. And judging from here ghosts is unpopular.

Pretty please ?
post #17862 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post
I know its a long shot. But does any1 have a season pass for cod ghosts ps4 they don't want? I guess they changed the rules in may about dlc transferring. And judging from here ghosts is unpopular.

Pretty please ?
If anyone would like to send me a $50 PSN card. I take donations. Thanks guys. Even though I have a PS4 and can afford the internet. A long shot is a understatement. Worse then street begging. Go buy it yourself. They only ask for what you can spare even if its a dollar or two. Here you are asking for a $50 dollar season pass. The nerve.
post #17863 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild View Post
If anyone would like to send me a $50 PSN card. I take donations. Thanks guys. Even though I have a PS4 and can afford the internet. A long shot is a understatement. Worse then street begging. Go buy it yourself. They only ask for what you can spare even if its a dollar or two. Here you are asking for a $50 dollar season pass. The nerve.
i like the idea of asking for things for free. but i want in on the action. Can someone please send

pictures of you shirtless, please include
1. Shaved into your chest hair, the playstation logo
2. speedo shorts, must be green or blue
3. holding some sort of red or yellow ballon
4. a fruit bowl in front of you.

thanks in advance!
post #17864 of 17864 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
i like the idea of asking for things for free. but i want in on the action. Can someone please send

pictures of you shirtless, please include
1. Shaved into your chest hair, the playstation logo
2. speedo shorts, must be green or blue
3. holding some sort of red or yellow ballon
4. a fruit bowl in front of you.

thanks in advance!
A fruit bowl...really? I mean the other stuff was reasonable but I draw the line at a fruit bowl...
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page