post #18001 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Hmm. Slightly for now. Seems like the first step in discless, online only world to me. Not too keen on that idea. The game looks cool though.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
Ehhhh....not really. MMO's have done this for years. If something like TLoU goes online only for SP then its time to worry. This one needs the online stuff just to function so its understandable.
Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18002 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Is it likely that this will still be the case after the game's official release date? If so, that's pretty f'd up. I don't get this approach to gaming at all, mandatory internet connection. Isn't this what xb1 was initially chastised for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
From what I've read its an online only persistant world with zero offline abilities. Xbone was chastised because it was online required for the console to even function....slightly different scope of effect.
Nexus is right here. Maybe you were fully aware of the scope of the arguments at the 2013 reveal. That being said, 1 year later messaging and marketing from both companies about various console abilities has been wrong or completely the opposite of originally stated making some of the ado about nothing.
Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
post #18003 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Any ideas on how I can trade my controller with the rubber worn off the thumb stick for one of the white controllers?

I have an open ticket with Sony but I really don't want to ship it back.
post #18004 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Any ideas on how I can trade my controller with the rubber worn off the thumb stick for one of the white controllers?

I have an open ticket with Sony but I really don't want to ship it back.
gamestop??

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #18005 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
You may also find a retailer selling a "rubber thumb grip" / cover.

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Assecure-repla...S4+THUMB+STICK

Otherwise you gamestop may buy your own old to off set the cost of a new one.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #18006 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
gamestop??
About 3-4 months ago this happened to mine.
Sony told me to return it to the place of purchase. (which is EB games, our version of Gamestop) and they replaced it.

As it happens the replacement has just worn through in the exact same spot.
guess this one will be going back too.

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #18007 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
About 3-4 months ago this happened to mine.
Sony told me to return it to the place of purchase. (which is EB games, our version of Gamestop) and they replaced it.

As it happens the replacement has just worn through in the exact same spot.
guess this one will be going back too.
Well I will try that...if I can find the receipt and box?

------------------

Looks like Ill try combining a $20 back-in points Facebook coupon from Shop Your Way Rewards to add to the $20 back-in points Destiny promotion that's only good for tomorrow.
The preorder bonus isn't worth the preorder risk of being stuck with the digital version.

FYI for you have till January 1st to buy digital for 360/PS3 and have the license copy to next gen for free. You can keep the precious gen license. The preorder bonus transfers also, until tonight.
post #18008 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
I didn't need the box, and they had my proof of purchase on the computer.
Did you give details when you purchased?

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #18009 of 18734 Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
Quote:
I didn't need the box, and they had my proof of purchase on the computer.
Did you give details when you purchased?
It was GameStop but AU has different laws about returns I think. I'd be beside myself surprised if my local GS let me swap it with a new one.
post #18010 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
A new wired headset from Sony:
Sony reveals new Silver Wired Headset for PS4, PS3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...t-for-ps4-ps3/

Last edited by icelt; 09-09-2014 at 08:38 AM.
post #18011 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
A new wired headset from Sony:
Sony reveals new Silver Wired Headset for PS4, PS3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...t-for-ps4-ps3/

I loved the Gold Wireless Headset, but the zero sidetone volume was a no go for me. These might mitigate that because they aren't closed ear plus the mic can be closer to mouth...but at the cost of that wire.
post #18012 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I loved the Gold Wireless Headset, but the zero sidetone volume was a no go for me. These might mitigate that because they aren't closed ear plus the mic can be closer to mouth...but at the cost of that wire.
Pardon my ignorance, but as a Gold Headset owner can you explain this missing feature in a bit more detail? I've heard others mention that the Gold Headset's don't have voice feedback control, which might be exactly what you are talking about, but in all honesty I'm confused as to what the feature does and why it is desirable.

I've had my Golds for almost a month now and find them good performers overall, but I've never used a pair oh headphones like this before either.
post #18013 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 212
I know quite a few people who use headsets without side tone and they have a tendency to talk louder than normal with them on. You can train yourself not to do it, but it takes some getting used to.

I never had a problem doing it when I used headsets with my 360. I hate hearing myself talk anyway. Haha.
post #18014 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but as a Gold Headset owner can you explain this missing feature in a bit more detail? I've heard others mention that the Gold Headset's don't have voice feedback control, which might be exactly what you are talking about, but in all honesty I'm confused as to what the feature does and why it is desirable.

I've had my Golds for almost a month now and find them good performers overall, but I've never used a pair oh headphones like this before either.
Sidetone is the technical name of voice feedback (airplane pilots all have feedback that lets them hear his own voice and control the volume of his voice fed into his ears). I could hear myself ever so faintly with the Golds, but get in a tank on Battlefield 4 and it's practically mute.
The Playstation forum has a thread full of people like me that love the headset but are all "What the hell, where is the advertised sidetone?"
If you've never owned another of headset that has sidetone it's perfectly reasonable to not know what you're missing. The Golds were outstanding for the price point, my brother uses them on my recommendation.

I just want people that are accustomed to sidetone from their old $200+ sets to know what they are getting into with the Golds.

Plug your ears and say "This is what it's like with no sidetone"
Then unplug and say "This is what sidetone is like".
I like the latter, plus I have to talk quietly in my house when the A/C turns off as I don't live in the city and you can hear a sleeping person turn in his bed it's so freaking quiet.
post #18015 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sidetone is the technical name of voice feedback (airplane pilots all have feedback that lets them hear his own voice and control the volume of his voice fed into his ears). I could hear myself ever so faintly with the Golds, but get in a tank on Battlefield 4 and it's practically mute.
The Playstation forum has a thread full of people like me that love the headset but are all "What the hell, where is the advertised sidetone?"
If you've never owned another of headset that has sidetone it's perfectly reasonable to not know what you're missing. The Golds were outstanding for the price point, my brother uses them on my recommendation.

I just want people that are accustomed to sidetone from their old $200+ sets to know what they are getting into with the Golds.

I like the latter, plus I have to talk quietly in my house when the A/C turns off as I don't live in the city and you can hear a sleeping person turn in his bed it's so freaking quiet.
The Elites have it but its not enough. They cup my ears pretty tight so ambient noise doesn't creep in and the sidetone doesn't pump in enough which equals pissed off wifey lol
post #18016 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
I know quite a few people who use headsets without side tone and they have a tendency to talk louder than normal with them on. You can train yourself not to do it, but it takes some getting used to.

I never had a problem doing it when I used headsets with my 360. I hate hearing myself talk anyway. Haha.
Quote:

Thanks guys, makes perfect sense now.
post #18017 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks guys, makes perfect sense now.
I mean to clarify about the sidetone and Nexus highlighted it, Sidetone helps regulate the volume you speak at. And on the X12 it indicates if your mic is muted or not, instead of just chatting away thinking everyone can hear you.
I'll talk all day about how great the X12s are for the price point...if you can deal with the wires.
post #18018 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Will copy this to other threads.
The day one (not preorder) copy of Destiny that I just picked up at Kmart (herg..blah) came with the Vanguard Armory pre-order bonus and also $20 back in SYW points to the next purchase. I used a Facebook coupon with the purchase to get an additional $20 back in SYW points for a total of $40.

So it looks like really it wasn't a preorder bonus but a first-run bonus. Battlefield 4 did the same things. The bonus is a paper code inside the sleeve.
post #18019 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Was flipping through IGN and saw something about a COD:AW game mode called Uplink. That mode sounds fkn awesome! Back in the Quake 2 days we played some mod that was giant 6' balls you shot around a death course to score on the other side. Anybody who got smashed by a ball ended up squished onto it. If this is anything like that was.....I'm gonna be having some fun!

Uplink explained by IGN:
There are fancy terms for everything, but the long and short of it is that a ball spawns on the map, and your team must get the ball into the enemy goal. Throwing the ball in earns you one point, whereas jumping in while holding the ball nets you two. The catch? While holding the ball you're unable to fire.
Good players will pass the ball to their teammates and keep the enemy guessing. Great players will throw the ball into an enemy's hands, disarming the would-be killer for a moment. I tried this a few times, missed, and got destroyed. It's more difficult than it seems.
post #18020 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Was flipping through IGN and saw something about a COD:AW game mode called Uplink. That mode sounds fkn awesome! Back in the Quake 2 days we played some mod that was giant 6' balls you shot around a death course to score on the other side. Anybody who got smashed by a ball ended up squished onto it. If this is anything like that was.....I'm gonna be having some fun!

Uplink explained by IGN:
There are fancy terms for everything, but the long and short of it is that a ball spawns on the map, and your team must get the ball into the enemy goal. Throwing the ball in earns you one point, whereas jumping in while holding the ball nets you two. The catch? While holding the ball you're unable to fire.
Good players will pass the ball to their teammates and keep the enemy guessing. Great players will throw the ball into an enemy's hands, disarming the would-be killer for a moment. I tried this a few times, missed, and got destroyed. It's more difficult than it seems.
Anything to mix things up from the standard CoD TDM sounds great to me. Would really like it if they implemented a KZ Warzone type mode.

Got AW Hardened Edition on Pre-order as well. Jeeby Creezy I've got too many damn games both on hand and on the horizon!
post #18021 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I'll probably pick the Playstation Gold Wireless Headset.... my GF complained about the sound of Destiny's last night. I can also turn down the subwoofer if I don't want to wear the headset.

The white one are nice but the black ones are on sale for 60$..... I guess the black one will do just fine
post #18022 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anything to mix things up from the standard CoD TDM sounds great to me. Would really like it if they implemented a KZ Warzone type mode.

Got AW Hardened Edition on Pre-order as well. Jeeby Creezy I've got too many damn games both on hand and on the horizon!
Yea too bad the modding days are over for the most part. Some really unique stuff got made that just smoked built in modes. I'm preordered on the standard edition COD disc. I'm sure I want to get this one just not sure I want digital at this point after Ghosts.
post #18023 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 1474
Quote:

Uplink explained by IGN:

It's cod, so I can already tell you how that mode plays.

Half the team camps the ball out of sight to pad their streak. The other half is too retarded to understand game rules more complex than "shoot the other team", so they just play it like it's TDM. Every now and then, you have some sucker who tries to play the game as intended, but finds out the hard way that absolutely no one has his back, and the result is a completely unsatisfying and frustrating experience. Occasionally you may have two or more players on a team with the slightest inclination towards winning, and this mere shadow of intent towards victory results in an overwhelming and complete destruction of a the opposing team. Again, because it required little effort and was met with only the faintest of opposition, it's a completely unsatisfying victory. Likewise, the other team is demoralized by this crushing defeat despite their minimal effort, at best finding a hollow solace that their positive K/D ratio means that they weren't at fault for such a shameful defeat.

In short, virtually no on extracts any enjoyment from it whatsoever, and it ends up atop the heap of long since forgotten game modes like war, sabotage and blitz.
icelt and Epyon415 like this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18024 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
It's cod, so I can already tell you how that mode plays.

Half the team camps the ball out of sight to pad their streak. The other half is too retarded to understand game rules more complex than "shoot the other team", so they just play it like it's TDM. Every now and then, you have some sucker who tries to play the game as intended, but finds out the hard way that absolutely no one has his back, and the result is a completely unsatisfying and frustrating experience. Occasionally you may have two or more players on a team with the slightest inclination towards winning, and this mere shadow of intent towards victory results in an overwhelming and complete destruction of a the opposing team. Again, because it required little effort and was met with only the faintest of opposition, it's a completely unsatisfying victory. Likewise, the other team is demoralized by this crushing defeat despite their minimal effort, at best finding a hollow solace that their positive K/D ratio means that they weren't at fault for such a shameful defeat.

In short, virtually no on extracts any enjoyment from it whatsoever, and it ends up atop the heap of long since forgotten game modes like war, sabotage and blitz.
Which is why you load the teams with AVSrs
Nayan likes this.
post #18025 of 18734 Old 09-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

So got home a few minutes ago and the PSN was functioning just fine. Color me impressed and guilty of predicting failure where apparently there's hasn't been too many issues with the Destiny uber launch.
post #18026 of 18734 Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So got home a few minutes ago and the PSN was functioning just fine. Color me impressed and guilty of predicting failure where apparently there's hasn't been too many issues with the Destiny uber launch.
Flawless launch so far for Destiny.
post #18027 of 18734 Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

So I bought the Gold Wireless Playstation Headset last night. Plug and play they say.

The PS4 recognize it and everything is fine. I select chat only because I only wanted to hear my brother... not working.

I put it All audio... no sound either.

Try them on the PC, work fine.

Is there a possibiliy to only have the Chat audio in the headset and keep the sound on my speakers??

Also, I don't know why I didn't get any sound when selecting All Audio... guess I'll try to set them up tonight.
post #18028 of 18734 Old 09-10-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
So I bought the Gold Wireless Playstation Headset last night. Plug and play they say.

The PS4 recognize it and everything is fine. I select chat only because I only wanted to hear my brother... not working.

I put it All audio... no sound either.

Try them on the PC, work fine.

Is there a possibiliy to only have the Chat audio in the headset and keep the sound on my speakers??

Also, I don't know why I didn't get any sound when selecting All Audio... guess I'll try to set them up tonight.
Man I wish I would have seen this last night to help you. They work! Problem is I also spent 45 minutes troubleshooting and reading online, only to find out I just didn't understand the Sound/Chat volume rocker.

It's a ROCKER...as in see-saw. It's not intuitive at first. The more you mash the Sound, the less chat volume there is. More you mash the Chat side of the rocker, the less game sound there is.
It gets you when you ramp up the volume for a movie, then jumping into game you think no one is talking.
-----
I seem to think as soon as you plug in the headset USB dongle the PS4 automatically disables audio through the HDMI cable. Check 'Adjust Devices' after holding PS button and see what options there are for that.
Dashboard likes this.
post #18029 of 18734 Old 09-10-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Flawless launch so far for Destiny.
Not for everyone. I was fine up until later in the night when I got booted from PSN. Called it quits after that. A few more AVSers had issues as well. Friends list not showing up, chat not working, it was booting us from chat. So I guess on the Destiny side it was fine but PSN was giving us the problems.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #18030 of 18734 Old 09-10-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Man I wish I would have seen this last night to help you. They work! Problem is I also spent 45 minutes troubleshooting and reading online, only to find out I just didn't understand the Sound/Chat volume rocker.

It's a ROCKER...as in see-saw. It's not intuitive at first. The more you mash the Sound, the less chat volume there is. More you mash the Chat side of the rocker, the less game sound there is.
It gets you when you ramp up the volume for a movie, then jumping into game you think no one is talking.
-----
I seem to think as soon as you plug in the headset USB dongle the PS4 automatically disables audio through the HDMI cable. Check 'Adjust Devices' after holding PS button and see what options there are for that.
I'll have to try it! Thanks.

I think my brother was having problem with his audio jack so we don't know if it was on my end or his
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com