post #18031 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Man I wish I would have seen this last night to help you. They work! Problem is I also spent 45 minutes troubleshooting and reading online, only to find out I just didn't understand the Sound/Chat volume rocker.

It's a ROCKER...as in see-saw. It's not intuitive at first. The more you mash the Sound, the less chat volume there is. More you mash the Chat side of the rocker, the less game sound there is.
It gets you when you ramp up the volume for a movie, then jumping into game you think no one is talking.
-----
I seem to think as soon as you plug in the headset USB dongle the PS4 automatically disables audio through the HDMI cable. Check 'Adjust Devices' after holding PS button and see what options there are for that.
I'll have to try it! Thanks.

I think my brother was having problem with his audio jack so we don't know if it was on my end or his
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18032 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Not for everyone. I was fine up until later in the night when I got booted from PSN. Called it quits after that. A few more AVSers had issues as well. Friends list not showing up, chat not working, it was booting us from chat. So I guess on the Destiny side it was fine but PSN was giving us the problems.

no problem for me so far in ~4h30 gameplay hours. Except a quick DC monday.
post #18033 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Not for everyone. I was fine up until later in the night when I got booted from PSN. Called it quits after that. A few more AVSers had issues as well. Friends list not showing up, chat not working, it was booting us from chat. So I guess on the Destiny side it was fine but PSN was giving us the problems.
I was playing all night, I didn't try the chat, just wanted to run solo for a while until I got the hang of things. I didn't experience any issues with PSN at all. Definitely a game which should be played in a group with Mic's . but so far so good.
post #18034 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I got booted from PSN twice around 9:30 eastern last night. Once when I booted into a competitive multi match in Destiny and once in a match in Plants vs. Zombies. Both times it said a LAN cable was disconnected, but upon booting to the dash, I was still connected.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #18035 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
Told you guys.

I was having some issues with cloud saves though, wonder if it's related?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18036 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 184
I have no willpower and picked this up from Kmart. With their deals and coupons I ended up paying $35 in the long run. Not bad for a brand new release.

I thought the beta was alright but didn't find it all that groundbreaking. Hoping that the different planets offer up better and more varied activities.
Cravit8 likes this.
post #18037 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I had no problems, guess you guys didn't pay for the bonus plan. I had the game running for quite a long time yesterday. Thought I did get a bungie error about about network, after I left my character idle, while I was doing some things. Could be a built in function though, most MMOs boot you after long idle time.

Looks like I'll have to start adding friends to get some play pals, because the clan thing seems nearly useless to me. Put me into the opening thread too.

PSN ID: Yerd
East side!

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #18038 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Flawless launch so far for Destiny.
Not for me. I had issues with the Vanguard Armory and getting my perks from the Digital Guardian Edition. I finally got it this morning, but I had to manually initiate things to get it downloaded instead of it being automatic like it should have been.,

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #18039 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I heard about PS Plus 1 year membership discounted $10 only at Target for $39.99 from September 7-13th. Just came from Target and they were clueless. Anyone know if this is true? Sorry I can't post the link but if you Google "discounted PS Plus membership at Target" it should come up.

Last edited by AncientAlien; 09-10-2014 at 07:34 PM.
post #18040 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
I heard about PS Plus 1 year membership discounted $10 only at Target for $39.99 from September 7-13th. Just came from Target and they were clueless. Anyone know if this is true? Sorry I can't post the link but if you Google "discounted PS Plus membership at Target" it should come up.
I think I recall seeing that. Coincidentally, I was just about to post that I bought it for $29.99 from Amazon on November 29.
post #18041 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I think I recall seeing that. Coincidentally, I was just about to post that I bought it for $29.99 from Amazon on November 29.
I got several from Amazon back then but only redeemed one. I waited because I had read they used to have sales where you could get some extra PS+ time when you redeemed a year. But I have not noticed anything like that this year.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #18042 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
I got one from target a few days ago. I got it from the target website and got the code via email a few hours after I placed the order.
post #18043 of 18057 Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
Quote:
I got one from target a few days ago. I got it from the target website and got the code via email a few hours after I placed the order.
The Target Associate and myself both checked the website but saw nothing about it.
post #18044 of 18057 Old 09-13-2014, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can you use any usb mini cable for the ds4?

As I hate stretching to play and charge.
post #18045 of 18057 Old 09-13-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post
Can you use any usb mini cable for the ds4?

As I hate stretching to play and charge.
Most newer phone chargers work just fine. I'd assume a longer cable from ps4 to controller on your couch would work as well. I use my phone charger with a an outlet next to the couch.
post #18046 of 18057 Old 09-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Most newer phone chargers work just fine. I'd assume a longer cable from ps4 to controller on your couch would work as well. I use my phone charger with a an outlet next to the couch.
I haven't had a continuous playing session that drained the battery yet. How long should the DS4 battery last?
post #18047 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I bought a fifteen foot micro USB cable from Amazon and it works great.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #18048 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Bring out the complainers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-m...join-microsoft

Don't worry they mention Minecraft is still staying as a multi-platform.

I beat you Ben

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -

Last edited by emartins; Yesterday at 06:36 AM.
post #18049 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Bring out the complainers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-m...join-microsoft

I beat you Ben
This a buyout or partnership? Don't play Minecraft and dont really care but if its a buyout good on them for working up first parties. If this is just another exclusivity rental deal, f em. This seems like a good thing so far...
post #18050 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
This a buyout or partnership? Don't play Minecraft and dont really care but if its a buyout good on them for working up first parties. If this is just another exclusivity rental deal, f em. This seems like a good thing so far...
I think its a buyout. But Spencer does say in the video that they will continue to make Minecraft on all platforms. So I guess we might finally see a MS logo while playing a PS4.

You should play Minecraft. Its a great game. It will also raise your nerd status, so thats a plus.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #18051 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Minecraft is multi-platform but, it wouldn't surprise me if an eventual Minecraft 2 was Xbox/PC/Mobile only (basically everything but PS brands). I don't care what they are saying right now, I just don't believe that they will make a new game for a Sony console.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #18052 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
I think its a buyout. But Spencer does say in the video that they will continue to make Minecraft on all platforms. So I guess we might finally see a MS logo while playing a PS4.

You should play Minecraft. Its a great game. It will also raise your nerd status, so thats a plus.
Microsoft should reach across the aisle more often. They are a software company after all...

My nerd status is pretty secure thank you very much and I'm not artistic by any means. I mean baaaad bad bad drawings. Stuff like Minecraft is a total waste on me. I can do Simcity type games because they have prebuilt cities but designing my own thing is out of the question. I don't mind futzing around but get really frustrated when what's in my head doesn't make it to my hands.
post #18053 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Minecraft is multi-platform but, it wouldn't surprise me if an eventual Minecraft 2 was Xbox/PC/Mobile only (basically everything but PS brands). I don't care what they are saying right now, I just don't believe that they will make a new game for a Sony console.
Ding ding. MS will make a lot of money on multi-platform Minecraft... but at some point the economics of what a successful exclusive-to-Xbox Minecraft 2 could do for Xbox One sales has to be pretty tempting. They'd have to kill support for Minecraft to make that work though, which would be a very risky move for a $2.5 billion studio with one hit property.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
post #18054 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 91
In other news, it's been confirmed that DriveClub PS+ edition will not be one of the 2 PS+ games in October. Not earth-shattering but nice to have confirmed.
freemeat likes this.
post #18055 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Ding ding. MS will make a lot of money on multi-platform Minecraft... but at some point the economics of what a successful exclusive-to-Xbox Minecraft 2 could do for Xbox One sales has to be pretty tempting. They'd have to kill support for Minecraft to make that work though, which would be a very risky move for a $2.5 billion studio with one hit property.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
$2.5 billon worth of tempting though? Dunno, for that kind of coin I'd imagine MS has far bigger plans for Minecraft than just to help keep the Xbone afloat. I agree helping to push their mobile platforms is the primary objective. Going forward Sony's products getting the cold shoulder has to be in the cards as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
In other news, it's been confirmed that DriveClub PS+ edition will not be one of the 2 PS+ games in October. Not earth-shattering but nice to have confirmed.
I'm assuming this means we get two + games in October in addition to the DC + edition.
post #18056 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
$2.5 billon worth of tempting though? Dunno, for that kind of coin I'd imagine MS has far bigger plans for Minecraft than just to help keep the Xbone afloat. I agree helping to push their mobile platforms is the primary objective. Going forward Sony's products getting the cold shoulder has to be in the cards as well.

Minecraft is already too ubiquitous to crawl back into a shell. Besides, Microsoft has been all about getting their stuff onto every platform possible recently.

I do expect there will be some tension down the road - I assume MS is going to eventually expect all versions of minecraft to be interoperable, and I'm not sure how Sony is going to allow that.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18057 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Obviously Sony and MS have worked together before, probably countless times, with all the PC and medical business Sony has done in the past. So there is established history, but then again I'm not certain they've ever competed against each other so directly, and aggressively, as with PS & Xbox. Tension is a great term for the expected result, maybe they'll surprise us though.

As already noted, here come the micro transactions.

http://www.computerworld.com/article...fti-maker.html

In part:
Quote:
Thompson thought Mojang had left a lot of money on the table, not in the Microsoft deal, but in growing the business on its own, a fact that Microsoft could itself leverage. "Minecraft, though, has the potential to make a lot more money," Thompson said. "Currently, Mojang only makes money off of players once: when they buy the game. All of those additional hours of play are essentially free. Contrast this to a game like the legendary World of Warcraft, which has made somewhere between $10 and $20 billion over its lifetime through a combination of up-front purchases and subscription fees."
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page