post #18061 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
Well consider this, Destiny is reported to be a $500 million investment for Acitivision over 10 years. MS just agreed to pay $2.5 billion in cash (correct me if I'm wrong) for Minecraft basically by the end of the year.

Assuming Minecraft 2 came out next holiday and MS decided to go the traditional $60 per copy game release route is it reasonable to expect MC2 would have a bigger launch than Destiny? What about bigger than GTA V?

I know it will sell alot don't get me wrong, but I just don't see it doing those kinds of sales. I think the only way MS makes their $2.5B back, not too mention their expectation for profits, is to employ a WoW model in some form or fashion. Time will tell, but IMHO the die is cast.

Kinda feel bad for the Mineshaft fans, 'cause their fertile financial fields about about to get the corporate plow treatment.

Remember, minecraft is more than just a game...there's toys and all sorts of other associated stuff that comes along with it. And that's the success it had headed by a guy who sounded really reluctant to be involved with all this stuff. In the hands of microsoft I could easily see them making their money back quick, and then some.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18062 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Apparently Sony's Tokyo Game Show press conference is at 1am eastern time.

I'm not going to stay up to watch it, but I want to see Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay tomorrow.
post #18063 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 162

Did You Get a Bloodborne Alpha Invite? If Not, Here’s How To Apply

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/09/16...e-got-covered/

Quote:
UPDATE 2: People using this link (https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/B...rne/enroll.php) have been able to successfully apply for Alpha Access.

UPDATE: As of 12pm CST some users are reporting a “Your permissions do not allow you access to this section” error after attempting to sign up for the Alpha. This could mean the Alpha is actually exclusive to EU players or that Sony is cracking down on non-invited applicants. Sorry folks, without the email invite you may be out of luck.

Check your email because invites to the Bloodborne Alpha Test are rolling out today. Starting today, players will be able to enter their information for a chance at being one of the select few who get to play From Software’s upcoming Action RPG. Unfortunately, getting the email and signing up doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be selected to play the game early but any chance is better than no chance, right?

If you didn’t get an email, it isn’t the end of the world. By going to psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/Bloodborne you can bypass all those silly ‘invite only’ formalities and register your PSN account for the Alpha anyways. As with the emailed invitations, there’s really no guarantee that you’ll make it into the Alpha, but it beats waiting until 2015 to get your hands on Bloodborne. Sign ups are open through Tuesday 23rd September 11:59AM BST.
post #18064 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
[B][SIZE=4]

Did You Get a Bloodborne Alpha Invite? If Not, Here’s How To Apply
What did I just sign up for?
post #18065 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
What did I just sign up for?
Well if Miyazaki designed this game up to his usual standards you should be in for alot of frustration, emotional distress and regular exercise of your most creative "sailor" terminology. If you're lucky that'll be the case at least!

Personally I'm avoiding all things BB until it gets released so as not to ruin all the surprises that they have in store, which is to say I have no idea what this Alpha trial will actually entail.
post #18066 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 379
I've seen minecraft but haven't played it. I don't get the draw. It just looks like a build your own world game with 8bit graphics. What am I missing?

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #18067 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
I've seen minecraft but haven't played it. I don't get the draw. It just looks like a build your own world game with 8bit graphics. What am I missing?

You're older than 10.
ambesolman likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18068 of 18067 Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Remember, minecraft is more than just a game...there's toys and all sorts of other associated stuff that comes along with it. And that's the success it had headed by a guy who sounded really reluctant to be involved with all this stuff. In the hands of microsoft I could easily see them making their money back quick, and then some.
Notch has not been involved in day-to-day operations at Mojang for quite some time, apparently.

(Benefit of having a nine-year-old boy; I actually know something about this. Curse of having a nine-year-old boy; I actually know something about this).
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page