Forum Jump: 

post #18241 of 18246 Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
...You have to actually manually force your controller to turn off... I can't believe that this is the way the PS4 handles this issue.
That isn't the way the PS4 handles it. Set the controllers to turn off after 10 minutes, and they will turn off after 10 minutes. The caveat is that you can't jostle them, or they'll re-start their 10 minute countdown timer, because they'll detect the motion as "using" the controller. So put them down on a stable surface like the floor or a table. If you leave them in your lap or on the couch, they'll likely never turn off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18242 of 18246 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan E View Post
That isn't the way the PS4 handles it. Set the controllers to turn off after 10 minutes, and they will turn off after 10 minutes. The caveat is that you can't jostle them, or they'll re-start their 10 minute countdown timer, because they'll detect the motion as "using" the controller. So put them down on a stable surface like the floor or a table. If you leave them in your lap or on the couch, they'll likely never turn off.
That may be why mine second one stays on...maybe. It's easy enough to manually shutoff now since that patch, months ago, without disturbing Netflix so meh, non issue.
post #18243 of 18246 Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Which is why we need a PS4 remote for movies and apps.
post #18244 of 18246 Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
Anthony1 is one of my three favorite posters
Farrah is still my favorite, but what the hell, I'll also put Anthony1 in my top three.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	325466  
post #18245 of 18246 Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

Ok, I'll try the flat surface thing and see if it works.

Big Brad - Yeah, I can admit to overreacting a bit. It's just been a really irritating thing that I've had to deal with the last couple of days. I know it seems like such a small thing, but sometimes it's the little things that can drive you crazy.
post #18246 of 18246 Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
This has to be the most overly dramatic reaction to controller battery life I've ever read. Congratulations!

Why not get one of those chargers where you can charge two controllers at once? Heck, why not get two so you can have 4 controllers charged. That way you'll always have a controller ready to go. Problem solved.

I think it's a fair criticism, people shouldn't have to keep their controllers constantly docked to watch Netflix because the ds4 has a tiny battery, poor power management and Sony hasn't seen fit to bless us with remote support.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page