Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post
Target ad starting 11/9: Buy 2 Get 1 Free in Video Games.

Covers all platforms, runs all week.
Can't wait to take advantage of this on Tuesday (have to wait for Halo). Still unsure of my third game. COD for PS4, Halo for Xbox, and can't think of a third "must have" for me. Killzone and Wolfenstein are no longer full price. Leaning towards Sunset Overdrive, but looks like it might be more annoying than fun. This is when we need a new Naughty Dog release.

www.twitter.com/anthonycmoreno
PSN - anthonycm
XB1 - anthonycmo
Old 11-12-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonycm View Post
Can't wait to take advantage of this on Tuesday (have to wait for Halo). Still unsure of my third game. COD for PS4, Halo for Xbox, and can't think of a third "must have" for me. Killzone and Wolfenstein are no longer full price. Leaning towards Sunset Overdrive, but looks like it might be more annoying than fun. This is when we need a new Naughty Dog release.
Have you played Shadows of Mordor? It's pretty great.

I wonder if this deal can be used on preorders.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Anyone have an issue with slow download speeds? Did the typical troubleshooting steps - connected via ethernet, changed router channel, etc etc. I found one fix online was to change your DNS settings to Google's. That didn't seem to work very well long term. So yeah, stuck with slow download speeds. It took 27 minutes to download a 250 MB update file.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Arrrggghhh!

Tonight I got hit with the "can not insert disc" problem. Still trying to resolve based on stories posted by users. Any tips from forum members would be welcome.

I am currently initializing and reinstalling the latest software update. If that fails, I guess the next would be to power down and check the "screw" assembly responsible for the auto eject function. I'll also try removing the rubber foot located right under the eject button, and support the PS4 at the 4 corners, as this has fixed the issue long term for many users.

After that, I'm not sure what I might try. The Sony support chat system had 123 customers ahead of me. Maybe 2.02 was a flawed update? I never had any issues with the disc ejecting, and not going back in, and the PS4 trying to eject a disc every 15 seconds.

Again, any tip would be welcome.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

Last edited by Bytehoven; 11-12-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
Arrrggghhh!

Tonight I got hit with the "can not insert disc" problem. Still trying to resolve based on stories posted by users. Any tips from forum members would be welcome.

I am currently initializing and reinstalling the latest software update. If that fails, I guess the next would be to power down and check the "screw" assembly responsible for the auto eject function.

After that, I'm not sure what I might try. The Sony support chat system had 123 customers ahead of me. Maybe 2.02 was a flawed update? I never had any issues with the disc ejecting, and not going back in, and the PS4 trying to eject a disc every 15 seconds.

Go digital? Snark
Old 11-12-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Go digital? Snark
Good idea. Shoot me over your paypal info and I'll get right on it.

BTW… It's beyond me why Sony does not have an advanced replacement policy, instead asking their gamer clients to accepting being offline for a week or more for any covered repair service.

Last edited by Bytehoven; 11-12-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Arrrggghhh!

I am currently initializing and reinstalling the latest software update. If that fails, I guess the next would be to power down and check the "screw" assembly responsible for the auto eject function. I'll also try removing the rubber foot located right under the eject button, and support the PS4 at the 4 corners, as this has fixed the issue long term for many users.

i have a similar issue, sometimes when i get home i get a "can not insert penis" problem from my wife. Any tips would be welcome.

I currently have tried working out and even going to see wicked, yet sometimes even after 11 years it just doesn't work. I have tried flowers and candy as many other users said this fixed the problem, but not for me?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
i have a similar issue, sometimes when i get home i get a "can not insert penis" problem from my wife. Any tips would be welcome.

I currently have tried working out and even going to see wicked, yet sometimes even after 11 years it just doesn't work. I have tried flowers and candy as many other users said this fixed the problem, but not for me?
Welcome to marriage. It's like dating but less fun stuff...

Edit: wait...wait...hold the phone. League of Legends is a status drop anyway. Ditch that crap and play some manly games! She will be more appreciative
slyderulz likes this.

Last edited by lordxar5; 11-12-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Good idea. Shoot me over your paypal info and I'll get right on it.

BTW… It's beyond me why Sony does not have an advanced replacement policy, instead asking their gamer clients to accepting being offline for a week or more for any covered repair service.
PayPal info is as follows: !%&¥¥6÷!: gjutdxb4_^. Enjoy!
Old 11-12-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
PayPal info is as follows: !%&¥¥6÷!: gjutdxb4_^. Enjoy!
Many Thnx!

Ok, seems like I am back up and running. Not sure which of the tweaks did the job because I did them all.

1) FULL Initialization and reinstalled all of my stuff (probably could have skipped this step)
2) pulled the plug, removed the top and manipulated the manual disc eject screw
3) removed the rubber foot right below the eject switch
4) installed (4) pads in the 4 bottom corners to support the PS4

We'll see how long it lasts. I don't eject the disc very often since I have stopped playing BF4, so I may not notice the bug pop back up unless I accidentally eject a disc.

Sony chat recommended pulling the plug for 3 minutes and if that did not work I'd have to schedule a service repair.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

IMHO, count this "problem" as a blessing. I remember a passage from psalms…

"It is better to live in a corner of the roof playing your PS4, than to…"

Old 11-13-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I currently have a PS3 fat boy and I'm curious whether the PS4 has the same heat issues that the PS3 had because I will be putting it in an BDI A/V cabinet?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I currently have a PS3 fat boy and I'm curious whether the PS4 has the same heat issues that the PS3 had because I will be putting it in an BDI A/V cabinet?

I haven't had any issues with mine. It's in a semi open TV stand and the only times I remember it getting a little loud were the few days we had over 100 degrees this summer before our AC got fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: javant86

Old 11-13-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Any tips would be welcome.
Not to her, apparently! Ba dum tish.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Guys. Pls help me just got ps4 yesterday. Can anyone can help me which are the right settings while watching blurays movies? TIA.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 501
If y'all haven't seen the newest episode of South Park (Grounded Vindaloop), it's all about the Oculus Rift...and its dangers[emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
aaronwt likes this.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
Guys. Pls help me just got ps4 yesterday. Can anyone can help me which are the right settings while watching blurays movies? TIA.
Check out this link - PS4 Blu-ray Thread
Old 11-13-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
Which settings do you mean? Honestly I think is set properly out of the box. The RGB full vs limited could be a thing you have to decide on.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Old 11-13-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Which settings do you mean? Honestly I think is set properly out of the box. The RGB full vs limited could be a thing you have to decide on.

That setting doesn't affect bluray.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Old 11-13-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 873
And it depends on whether you want to bitstream the audio or have the PS4 decode it. I have my PS4 decode all audio. Since it has no problem passing the content with high sampling rates. Unlike the XBOne.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 11-13-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Check out this link - PS4 Blu-ray Thread
thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I dont think so. But not sure which settings to set for blurays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
And it depends on whether you want to bitstream the audio or have the PS4 decode it. I have my PS4 decode all audio. Since it has no problem passing the content with high sampling rates. Unlike the XBOne.
I want my AVR to decode codec. How to set up the ps4 for plain blu ray movies?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

If I remember correctly, you need to change the settings while watching a BD title. Then you can select whether to bitstream the BD audio or decode it first. Which should be separate from the normal settings. Of course this may have changed with all the update over the last year. But I thought that was how it used to be.

I have all my Sony BD players bitstream. But they also don't decode all the formats. SInce the PS4 can decode all formats I have it decode everything.

LED DLP
Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Now that the PS4 received quite a bit of firmware updates during the past year, how does it compare as a Blu-ray player to the PS3 ? Is it the same, better or worse than the PS3?

KRP-500M | Kuro 9G 5020FD + e-lite mod | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W 685 Center | B&W DM601 S3 Rears | HSU VTF3 MK3 Sub | Yamaha RX-V663 AVR
Old 11-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post
Now that the PS4 received quite a bit of firmware updates during the past year, how does it compare as a Blu-ray player to the PS3 ? Is it the same, better or worse than the PS3?
From my experience it is now of the same quality for both 2D and 3D BR's as the PS3. In addition, and maybe this only applies to me, I have experienced 2 cases where my PS3 120GB Slim failed to load a BR (Kings Speech & Led Zeppelin Celebration Day) but the PS4 had no such issues. So now IMHO the PS4 is my preferred BR player between the 2.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

The PS3 was always borked with Dolby TrueHD audio from a 3D BD. The PS4 is easily a better BD player. Although it does have a loud disc transport mechanism. That would be my only complaint about the PS4 with BD playback.
icelt likes this.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If you can honestly hear the difference between ac3 and TrueHD you have superhuman hearing.

Doesn't hurt to have the uncompressed but I find it absolutely impossible to tell the difference, even on high end speakers.
ambesolman likes this.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
If you can honestly hear the difference between ac3 and TrueHD you have superhuman hearing.

Doesn't hurt to have the uncompressed but I find it absolutely impossible to tell the difference, even on high end speakers.
I can. Ac3 (DD) was always inferior to a DTS track. There is more to it than sonic fidelity, if what I remember reading is true. Setting fidelity aside the levels are different. You can toggle and hear an immediate difference. I guess it's just the header or flag information in the stream. Probably also depends on what is doing the decoding.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yes I can tell tell the difference in a blind test. And no, it hardly takes superhuman hearing to tell the difference. Now granted it's harder for me to tell higher quality audio now than when I was younger, but there is still a difference.

I can also hear the fan in a DVR from twenty feet away in a quiet room. Many people I know can't even hear it until they are within a few feet of it. I also used to hear the annoying high frequency sound that tube TVs made that most people I knew couldn't hear. I'll hear people talking from two floors up or people halfway across a room whispering, thinking they can't be heard, yet I can easily hear them.

LED DLP
Old 11-15-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Yes I can tell tell the difference in a blind test. And no, it hardly takes superhuman hearing to tell the difference. Now granted it's harder for me to tell higher quality audio now than when I was younger, but there is still a difference.

I can also hear the fan in a DVR from twenty feet away in a quiet room. Many people I know can't even hear it until they are within a few feet of it. I also used to hear the annoying high frequency sound that tube TVs made that most people I knew couldn't hear. I'll hear people talking from two floors up or people halfway across a room whispering, thinking they can't be heard, yet I can easily hear them.

Yeah, I can still hear that stuff too. And if I really sat down for a blind test I bet I could tell the difference. I'm being a little facetious by saying you need superhuman hearing...but the practical difference is so tiny it's like comparing 1080p to 1100p.

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony