PlayStation 4 - Page 626 - AVS Forum
First ... 624  625  626
PlayStation Area > PlayStation 4
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:40 AM 12-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post
Watch the videos below before purchasing the SSD. It might not be worth the Gb/$ for an SSD with the PS4 at this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InermmePbd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RcuHkDUDaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg0PdPcUTUM
Yes. I opted for the 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm drive earlier this year instead of getting an SSD for my PS4.

aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:44 AM 12-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
While that is true, heck I said "Xbone" and received an infraction on that side.. but I don't think AVS ever shut down over a video game war and I think they actually did due to the blu-ray/hd dvd nonsense.
I still hate that we are stuck with Java being used with BDs. The best soultion would have been format using the best of both formats.

As far as the XBOne. I've been using XBOne for a long time now. Although at GAF I stick to writing Xbox One just in case.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 12:47 PM 12-16-2014
Heads up, my Sears ran out yesterday (when the sale started) but the Gold Wireless Stereo Headset was INDEED $29.
Couldn't believe my eyeballs.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 07:56 AM 12-17-2014
What is up with Drive Club? There are more 1-star reviews on Amazon than other stars.

Edit*
Ok, upon perusing them, too many are non verified purchases to get a quality gauge.

I'm just going to lurk the Drive Club thread here.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 08:30 AM 12-17-2014
Playstation Protection Plan is discounted for Plus members by 10%
And at some point Sony changed the terms to allow coverage if purchased in the last 365 days. Last year when I got it on launch day the plan had to be bought within 30 days.

Both Accident and non-accident are on sale.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 08:52 AM 12-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
What is up with Drive Club? There are more 1-star reviews on Amazon than other stars.

Edit*
Ok, upon perusing them, too many are non verified purchases to get a quality gauge.

A lot of aholes are bent about the launch issues and Plus version being delayed. I'm not the most patient person but the crazy amount of bi$#/ing these days is overwhelming. I had to stop reading the GAF DC thread for a few weeks after launch because it was just aholes whining about the free version and calling for the dev to be shut down. Now they've moved on to AC:U and the Halo MCC. Unfortunately their debris is left behind.
curtlots's Avatar curtlots 11:16 AM 12-17-2014
I'm not at all familiar with Plex, but I see it's coming to PS3 and PS4.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/p...=rss_truncated
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:46 AM 12-17-2014
Quote:

Edit*

Probably people that are pissed about paying $50 to be a beta tester. Drive Club has come a long ways since launch. It is a much,much better experience now than when it launched. But I really wouldn't blame people for being pissed about paying $50 to be a beta tester for the game.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 12:56 PM 12-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Meh, for no MKV or DTS support.
Epyon415's Avatar Epyon415 01:33 PM 12-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Only "******" part is you have to have a plex-pass sub or wait for them to make it free. I really like plex as a simple media center + frontend, but not really digging the pay to play anymore for features are generally are just regular updates. I do understand it is a business for them, just personal complaint.
stuart628's Avatar stuart628 09:09 AM 12-18-2014
Just got a PS4 after MANY vudu issues on the xbox one and also the well documented halo issues just finally drove me past the point of return (not starting a war). Are there any Vudu issues on the ps4 that I should be aware of? for example on my last system it would just not display any movies that I owned, or just not work at all, sometimes not even a reset took care of it. Also is it just me or is the sound a LOT better on the ps4? could be placebo but I had the xbox one hooked up watched netflix and then ran into some vudu issues, saw the target deal on the ps4 and thought thats it I am done, and went and got a ps4 hooked it up, started playing vudu and had to turn down my sound from where it was, plus it sounded a lot better. Yes all settings were correct on the other system (I checked once a week due to the weird audio issues on that system). Thanks guys look foward to gaming with ya!
Dash525's Avatar Dash525 11:57 AM 12-18-2014
A lot of us here were last Gen Xbox. Welcome to the club.
chmorgan's Avatar chmorgan 12:10 PM 12-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post
Just got a PS4 after MANY vudu issues on the xbox one and also the well documented halo issues just finally drove me past the point of return (not starting a war). Are there any Vudu issues on the ps4 that I should be aware of? for example on my last system it would just not display any movies that I owned, or just not work at all, sometimes not even a reset took care of it. Also is it just me or is the sound a LOT better on the ps4? could be placebo but I had the xbox one hooked up watched netflix and then ran into some vudu issues, saw the target deal on the ps4 and thought thats it I am done, and went and got a ps4 hooked it up, started playing vudu and had to turn down my sound from where it was, plus it sounded a lot better. Yes all settings were correct on the other system (I checked once a week due to the weird audio issues on that system). Thanks guys look foward to gaming with ya!
Welcome to the club! Though I haven't experienced the VUDU issues you have on Xbox One, the layout of the app itself is absolutely horrible. I haven't noticed the sound to be better on the PS4 regarding vudu, but it certainly is quieter on the Xbox when using 7.1 uncompressed. Since the layout of the vudu app on Xbox is horrendous, I use it on the PS4 now almost exclusively and I think it works great.

Netflix on Xbox does have audio issues where if you are using 7.1 uncompressed, the channels are mapped incorrectly. You will only get surround audio out of the rear channels when watching a movie that is encoded in 5.1. Switching to bitstream works just fine though.
newfmp3's Avatar newfmp3 05:57 PM 12-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
Meh, for no MKV or DTS support.

Yeah, me too. Plex is garbage. Its on my tv, my xbox one, I hate it. Just give me dlna before my PS3 dies again
Mud76's Avatar Mud76 06:41 PM 12-18-2014
Ok this has got to be the BEST customer service I've ever seen.

Some details first for those unfamiliar with EB Games in Australia.
They are owned by Games Stop, I believe and a very similar setup.
They don't always have they cheapest prices , but they always price match, offer 7 day return on ALL games (which is great for kids who know exactly what they want until they get home and cant play a game), take trades, and have reasonably priced used games.

I purchased 2 PS4s from EB Games at launch with 2 copies of BF4.
One for me, and one for a mate (because I'm a nice bloke)

In about May my controller developed the peeling rubber issue, I called Sony, they said take it back where you got it, I took it back to EB , they swapped it.

In about October same deal, took the control back to EB and they swapped it again.

Now its December and my friends PS4 wont boot up, and sounds like its trying to eject a disc. (I've not witnessed it, but it only happened last night.) I didn't really know what to tell him now that it's out of warranty. Other than to maybe call Sony support and see if they can help out.
I don't know how much trouble shooting he tried other than unplugging etc.

He emailed Sony and EB Games, this morning. EB got back to him straight away and he asked for some info of mine to track down the purchase details.

Their reply
"Alrighty, Ross we've checked this out for you, and you are able to take the faulty unit back into store with your EB World card and explain to them what is happening when you try to use the console. They will be able to sort out a replacement console for you. If you have any issues trying to do this, please let us know, and we'll get it sorted"

My head is still spinning - This is amazing service.
I expected a "send it back to Sony" with my first controller under warranty.

I'm just astounded at this level of service.

Anyway, he's stopping by to get my loyalty card and take the console in tomorrow. Will let you know how it pans out.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 07:04 PM 12-18-2014
^ man that is great. Aus is diefinitely different in how companies work with customers in warranties. I wonder if it stems from "applicable laws" and so forth.

Alternatively, I just received a replacement controller last Friday from the Sony service center and it was DOA. Lol, how does that even happen?
Mud76's Avatar Mud76 07:31 PM 12-18-2014
Quote:
^ man that is great. Aus is diefinitely different in how companies work with customers in warranties. I wonder if it stems from "applicable laws" and so forth.
No not really, most companies here will tell you to contact the manufacturer for warranty.
That's what makes this so great.No warranty, AND No need to deal with Sony.
Poolshark69's Avatar Poolshark69 07:38 AM 12-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
Yeah, me too. Plex is garbage. Its on my tv, my xbox one, I hate it. Just give me dlna before my PS3 dies again
What do you hate about it? Seems to work fine for me on my XBox One, Roku, Apple TV, iPhone and iPad.
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 01:03 PM 12-19-2014
n00b question: I just set up my new PS4 last night and couldn't find a way to access my download list. Maybe my impatience was getting the better of me and I could've dug deeper, but I ended up going to the PS4's PSN Store app, searching the individual games by name, and selecting download. Is there an easier way to download my free Plus games directly through the console? (I know I can do everything from the Internet browser store, but that would involve getting out of my chair and walking over to my computer in another room ). Thanks!
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 01:12 PM 12-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
n00b question: I just set up my new PS4 last night and couldn't find a way to access my download list. Maybe my impatience was getting the better of me and I could've dug deeper, but I ended up going to the PS4's PSN Store app, searching the individual games by name, and selecting download. Is there an easier way to download my free Plus games directly through the console? (I know I can do everything from the Internet browser store, but that would involve getting out of my chair and walking over to my computer in another room ). Thanks!
Library on the far right of the main screen.
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 01:36 PM 12-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Library on the far right of the main screen.
I could've sworn I went there and didn't see anything in it. I'll try again. Thanks!
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 02:12 PM 12-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I could've sworn I went there and didn't see anything in it. I'll try again. Thanks!
Well...If it's in your library (new option to add to library instead of download) or has previously been downloaded and deleted then it will show. Not sure what happens if you buy something but don't download it. There isn't an all inclusive list like logging into their website though.
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 02:56 PM 12-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Well...If it's in your library (new option to add to library instead of download) or has previously been downloaded and deleted then it will show. Not sure what happens if you buy something but don't download it. There isn't an all inclusive list like logging into their website though.
OK, I just redeemed a couple of game codes for the free games that came with my bundle, then I went to the Library, and BAM! everything was there, including my free Plus games and cross buy games--and only PS4 games and content (not some random PS3 demo or avatar or theme I downloaded five years ago). I officially love my PS4!
newfmp3's Avatar newfmp3 07:08 PM 12-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post
What do you hate about it? Seems to work fine for me on my XBox One, Roku, Apple TV, iPhone and iPad.

Slow and clunky, dated looking and most importantly, there has never been a clear answer as to what exactly you are sharing to their servers.

Just give me dlna. Or ideally native mkv support via smb share...ok I'm dreaming.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 02:25 PM 12-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
Ok this has got to be the BEST customer service I've ever seen.

Some details first for those unfamiliar with EB Games in Australia.
They are owned by Games Stop, I believe and a very similar setup.
They don't always have they cheapest prices , but they always price match, offer 7 day return on ALL games (which is great for kids who know exactly what they want until they get home and cant play a game), take trades, and have reasonably priced used games.

I purchased 2 PS4s from EB Games at launch with 2 copies of BF4.
One for me, and one for a mate (because I'm a nice bloke)

In about May my controller developed the peeling rubber issue, I called Sony, they said take it back where you got it, I took it back to EB , they swapped it.

In about October same deal, took the control back to EB and they swapped it again.

Now its December and my friends PS4 wont boot up, and sounds like its trying to eject a disc. (I've not witnessed it, but it only happened last night.) I didn't really know what to tell him now that it's out of warranty. Other than to maybe call Sony support and see if they can help out.
I don't know how much trouble shooting he tried other than unplugging etc.

He emailed Sony and EB Games, this morning. EB got back to him straight away and he asked for some info of mine to track down the purchase details.

Their reply
"Alrighty, Ross we've checked this out for you, and you are able to take the faulty unit back into store with your EB World card and explain to them what is happening when you try to use the console. They will be able to sort out a replacement console for you. If you have any issues trying to do this, please let us know, and we'll get it sorted"

My head is still spinning - This is amazing service.
I expected a "send it back to Sony" with my first controller under warranty.

I'm just astounded at this level of service.

Anyway, he's stopping by to get my loyalty card and take the console in tomorrow. Will let you know how it pans out.

I used to love EB. You could buy games and return them, even opened, within 30 days and get a refund or a different game. Tons of people abused that policy.
Mud76's Avatar Mud76 03:30 PM 12-20-2014
Righto - PS4 out of warranty return to Eb Games Update

yesterday we hedaded out.
I was expectin him to bring just the console and EB would swap just the console for a Preowed one.
He packed the console, control and all the cables back in their box and we went to EB (not where I purchased them, a store that was closer)
Showed the guy at the counter the messages and told him the issue, haneded over loyalty card for proof of purchase.
5 mins later walked out with brand new PS4 console in box.

I nearly fell over
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 05:02 PM 12-20-2014
How the heck do they make money that way?
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus 05:31 PM 12-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
How the heck do they make money that way?

Repeat business via customer service. I don't mind paying a little more if I know the store will take care of me if I have a problem.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 06:44 AM Today
Merry Christmas everybody! Hope your new toys shine in the glow of the DS4!
Dash525's Avatar Dash525 07:50 AM Today
Merry Christmas everyone. Hopefully lizard squad fails to bring down psn and Xbox live today.
Tags: Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
First ... 624  625  626

Up
Mobile  Desktop