PlayStation 4 - Page 629 - AVS Forum
First ... 627  628  629
PlayStation Area > PlayStation 4
teckademic's Avatar teckademic 11:03 AM Today
So if LizardSquad is no longer attacking psn, according to their tweets from yesterday, then what is keeping the psn down?

Dash525's Avatar Dash525 11:18 AM Today
Just checked on Twitter and it is lizard squad. Anonymous protection is fighting against them.
s1njin's Avatar s1njin 11:53 AM Today
This is ridiculous.
teckademic's Avatar teckademic 11:54 AM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash525 View Post
Just checked on Twitter and it is lizard squad. Anonymous protection is fighting against them.
Really? They first tweeted that they were no longer going to attack XBL and PSN from there on out and later tweeted again that they wanted to clarify that they are no longer behind the attack and were focusing their attention on Tor or something like that. O'well, hopes were up for nothing then.
Budracin8's Avatar Budracin8 11:55 AM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
And yes, as mentioned earlier Xbox Live was taken down as well. But also as mentioned earlier Microsoft is much more versed in enterprise up-time/availability than is Sony. And I have to believe their networking/infrastructure talent would run circles around Sony's.

Of course all of the really only matters when the systems go down and all that expertise is brought to bare trying to bring everything back up.
^
That's part of the point I was making. My PS4 is basically a brick while my son has been playing away on his xbox for pretty much the whole weekend without issue. Sony's ability to get back up and running doesn't inspire any confidence.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 12:11 PM Today
Weird part is that my PS3 signs in fine.

Edit....well it did. Gone now.
DrewB's Avatar DrewB 01:00 PM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Every LEGO game I've played, including LEGO Marvel Superheroes, has allowed couch co-op, and in fact is a great way to play those games! I don't know anything about Disney Infinity, and I'd be surprised if an NFS racing game allowed simultaneous two-player co-op, but you can certainly take turns.

The other family friendly co-op game for PS4 worth checking out is the recently released LittleBigPlanet 3. In addition to the main story campaign, there are literally millions of user-created levels you can play together.
Great, thanks for your response. I have Little Big Planet as well so will check it out too.
scubasteve2365's Avatar scubasteve2365 02:39 PM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
^
That's part of the point I was making. My PS4 is basically a brick while my son has been playing away on his xbox for pretty much the whole weekend without issue. Sony's ability to get back up and running doesn't inspire any confidence.
My PS4 is fine. Played walking dead and COD campaign. Not sure why your son's PS4 is a brick.
Nayan's Avatar Nayan 02:59 PM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
My PS4 is fine. Played walking dead and COD campaign. Not sure why your son's PS4 is a brick.
I think he's referring to online play. If that's what you do mostly, then yeah right now it's a brick.
rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 03:02 PM Today
Disney Infinity can be played by 2 people. We got that for my oldest daughter and have been playing it a bunch since Christmas.

My PS4 is not a brick but I can't access any network features, no friends list, no GTA Online, no Disney Infinity community content, no PSN Store. The attack has been over for almost 2 days now and it is still down. Guess their IT folks are still on Christmas vacations or they are waiting for the last week of the holiday sale to end before bring the network back up. That's my theory.
Dash525's Avatar Dash525 03:06 PM Today
Here is a psn technician working hard.
Attached: article-2639266-1E36653A00000578-741_634x344.jpg (47.3 KB) 
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar HD KOOL-AID 03:14 PM Today
At least Rockstar is going to extend Gta online Christmas
Dash525's Avatar Dash525 03:37 PM Today
Playstation is up
ElectronicTonic's Avatar ElectronicTonic 04:16 PM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash525 View Post
Playstation is up

Not for me.
s1njin's Avatar s1njin 04:17 PM Today
Me neither.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 04:38 PM Today
Just chatted with Dash so it's at least partially working!
PS3forlife's Avatar PS3forlife 05:48 PM Today
Maybe they are actually taking this time to increase security. Maybe they learned from it and btw some xbox users are still reporting outages.
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar HD KOOL-AID 06:21 PM Today
PS3 is working but not my PS4
moepoker's Avatar moepoker 06:34 PM Today
ps4 is up for me
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 07:02 PM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3forlife View Post
Maybe they are actually taking this time to increase security. Maybe they learned from it and btw some xbox users are still reporting outages.
In a ddos there isn't a security issue. It's a massive spike in traffic like a traffic jam. Basically all they did was shut the online part down by flooding it. I'm not sure you can stop a big enough spike be it legitimate Xmas traffic or some aholes blasting your network.
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 08:36 PM Today
I can log Into the app on my iPhone and see a bunch of A-Holes having a joyus time on PS4 on a Saturday night after Christmas but I'm stuck here holding my shwance.

Thanks Obama
MPNASCAR24's Avatar MPNASCAR24 09:02 PM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
Hi, I'm new to gaming and just got a PS4 to play with my son. I have the following games:

Need for Speed Rivals
Lego Batman #
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Disney Infinity

Can these games be played with two side-by-side players? I have two controllers but don't have a clue about how to play games together with my son. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I've played Need For Speed Rivals on PS3 & it doesn't allow 2 players on one console. Most games on Playstation 3 & 4 only have online multiplayer which is the most popular on those consoles. Same thing with Xbox. The Wii & Wii U will let you play multiplayer games with more than one person on the same console & i don't think they have online multiplayer.
newfmp3's Avatar newfmp3 09:19 PM Today
Eastern Canada here and its been down for 2 days. XBL is up and down all over the place.
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 11:03 PM Today
Just got back an hour ago from a day-long outing with the kids. I seem to have full PSN access now, but am not sure how long it's been up.
Tags: Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
First ... 627  628  629

Up
Mobile  Desktop