PlayStation 4 - Page 630 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > PlayStation Area > PlayStation 4

PlayStation Area

steve1022's Avatar steve1022
02:58 PM Liked: 34
post #18871 of 18876
Today | Posts: 624
Question for anyone who has swapped out for a bigger PS4 HDD.

I just bought the Seagate Backup Slim 2TB External HDD (Samsung M9T inside) ($99 at Best Buy right now, thank you Christmas money ) I am planning to change out my HDD tonight after work.

Over half of my games are Discs and so it won't be so horrible doing the re-download of the digital games.

My real question is about the re-Installing of disc games, does anyone know exactly how long it takes to re-install a game? I know after a minute or 2 you can play them while they download in the background but what I'm hoping to find out is how you actually know when the install is complete? Can I just put in say Driveclub for a like 15 minutes and take it out and put in the next disc to start installing or do I need to leave one disc game in for an hour or so hoping it's finished then grab say NBA2K15 and start it's install?
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
03:04 PM Liked: 564
post #18872 of 18876
Today | Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post
Question for anyone who has swapped out for a bigger PS4 HDD.

I just bought the Seagate Backup Slim 2TB External HDD (Samsung M9T inside) ($99 at Best Buy right now, thank you Christmas money ) I am planning to change out my HDD tonight after work.

Over half of my games are Discs and so it won't be so horrible doing the re-download of the digital games.

My real question is about the re-Installing of disc games, does anyone know exactly how long it takes to re-install a game? I know after a minute or 2 you can play them while they download in the background but what I'm hoping to find out is how you actually know when the install is complete? Can I just put in say Driveclub for a like 15 minutes and take it out and put in the next disc to start installing or do I need to leave one disc game in for an hour or so hoping it's finished then grab say NBA2K15 and start it's install?
Depends on the game largely. Lords of the Fallen was only 4gb vs KZ that was around 40gb. You can check them by clicking options and it should tell you progress.
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar HD KOOL-AID
03:45 PM Liked: 18
post #18873 of 18876
Today | Posts: 67
PS4 Still down for me.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON
03:50 PM Liked: 562
post #18874 of 18876
Today | Posts: 9,509
Try the MTU trick posted a few back, it is how I got on while everyone was still complaining that it was down.
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar HD KOOL-AID
04:17 PM Liked: 18
post #18875 of 18876
Today | Posts: 67
Alright gonna try it. Worked thanks game on.
steve1022's Avatar steve1022
04:30 PM Liked: 34
post #18876 of 18876
Today | Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Depends on the game largely. Lords of the Fallen was only 4gb vs KZ that was around 40gb. You can check them by clicking options and it should tell you progress.
True about the size of the game but I thought that once the install started it only shows the progress until it's ready to play? Once that is done if you go to check the HDD space it will already show the HDD space taken up for that game even before it has time to fully install. I also have to assume that if you take out the disc too early then it stops and re-starts when you put in the disc again at a later time?
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
04:34 PM Liked: 564
post #18877 of 18876
Today | Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post
True about the size of the game but I thought that once the install started it only shows the progress until it's ready to play? Once that is done if you go to check the HDD space it will already show the HDD space taken up for that game even before it has time to fully install. I also have to assume that if you take out the disc too early then it stops and re-starts when you put in the disc again at a later time?
Not. A. Clue. I do mostly digital, mostly. LotF installed super quick but the last disc game I had before was months ago and I typically pop them in and walk away...
Tags: Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony

Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com
Reply PlayStation Area

Subscribe to this Thread