post #19141 of 19164 Old 01-21-2015, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbiscuits View Post
I have a ps3 i havent touched in a year. should i consider getting a ps4?

Sold my PS3, with games, extra controller and remote on eBay and I don't miss it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19142 of 19164 Old 01-21-2015, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
You can bitstream the BD movies too. Personally I send mulit-channel PCM from games and movies with my PS4.

I currently use the linear pcm too but saw that a few games are DTS and Dolby and was thinking I could use Dolby or DTS bitstream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #19143 of 19164 Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the links.
no problem, and I sent you a friend request.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
post #19144 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I have WAAAAYYY too big of a backlog on my PS3 to get rid of it. Plus, fighting games are one of my favorite genres and I have 2 fight sticks that currently do not work with the PS4 (looks like they never will). An added bonus is the PS+ games we get every month. I'm never getting rid of mine.

I have an original fat 60 GB (upgraded to 320 GB) and it's starting to overheat. I bought a better fan and heatsink and might install them this weekend.

I actually just brought it up from the basement so I can work on some of that backlog.
post #19145 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post
I have WAAAAYYY too big of a backlog on my PS3 to get rid of it. Plus, fighting games are one of my favorite genres and I have 2 fight sticks that currently do not work with the PS4 (looks like they never will). An added bonus is the PS+ games we get every month. I'm never getting rid of mine.

I have an original fat 60 GB (upgraded to 320 GB) and it's starting to overheat. I bought a better fan and heatsink and might install them this weekend.

I actually just brought it up from the basement so I can work on some of that backlog.
I had the original 60GB fat boy too and had 3 games that were never opened that I sold on eBay too, along with the move bundle and navigation controller that were new in box. I bought the PS4 bundle that included Last of Us and GTA V and bought Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein and Madden 15. Yesterday, I upgraded the PS4 HDD to 2TB in 15 minutes. The graphics on the PS4 are fantastic.

I have no idea what games to buy next, nothing appeals to me.
post #19146 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Me either. I'm quite content with what I'm playing actually. Been neglecting COD but I have to say Driveclub really dug in its hooks in a way I never saw coming. Even fired BF4 & FF14 back up. Really enjoying my current library a lot so its hard to even look forward to anything.

Bloodborne is paid for and waiting to preload. MGSV and No Mans Sky are day zero for me but everything else is just kind of out there. The Order looks cool but I may hold off. BF Hardline looks cool but for all the reasons above I'm on the fence. Got plenty of shooters but that does look fun. Driveclub has new content until like July and FF14 is always adding stuff. What a weird feeling to be content and not wanting a game. Not saying I won't be buying anything but its kind of nice just enjoying what I have.
post #19147 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
I had the original 60GB fat boy too and had 3 games that were never opened that I sold on eBay too, along with the move bundle and navigation controller that were new in box. I bought the PS4 bundle that included Last of Us and GTA V and bought Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein and Madden 15. Yesterday, I upgraded the PS4 HDD to 2TB in 15 minutes. The graphics on the PS4 are fantastic.

BATMAN!

Hmm, sorry, I'll repost this in 6 months.
DarrellG and slyderulz like this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19148 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Looking forward to Uncharted 4 and Tom Clancy's The Division.

post #19149 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I'm looking forward to The Order and Elder Scrolls, but nothing else is really exciting to me. I have been playing Inquisition when I get the chance and my son is enjoying all the free games on my PS3, so at least we're catching up on the backlog .

I love smart men. In other words, I'm attracted to brains like a friggin' zombie. Crap I say
post #19150 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Tom Clancy's The Division

I'm pessimistic about everything that is PC footage, like ultra pessimistic.
15 min Uncharted 4 gameplay is the only reliable video because we know it is PS4 graphics.

post #19151 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
15 min Uncharted 4 gameplay is the only reliable video because we know it is PS4 graphics.
Yea the exclusive stuff looks great but third party games don't always end up as advertised.
post #19152 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbiscuits View Post
I have a ps3 i havent touched in a year. should i consider getting a ps4?
That would really depend on why you aren't using your PS3. Do you not have as much time for gaming? Are you becoming a PC gamer? Do none of the releases in the past year appeal to you? Or did you have trouble enjoying last gen games any more when you knew current gen games generally offered a much better experience due to improved performance and graphics?
post #19153 of 19164 Old 01-22-2015, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
When using my PS4 camera on my Samsung pn64f8500 TV I get horizontal scrolling lines that repeat ....this normal on these cameras?
post #19154 of 19164 Old 01-25-2015, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Free games and better multi-media capability is keeping my PS3 around for a while. (plus Tales of Zestiria coming later this year) Just downloaded Prototype 2 from PS+ which is awesome. Prototype is one of my favorite games from last generation and I was planning to buy the sequel eventually...but now no need...thanks Sony!
DarrellG likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #19155 of 19164 Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Which game would best utilize that?
I'd be shocked if a few good flight sims didn’t slip out eventually.
I know I want to play on the bigscreen, I'll start looking at different consoles if I have to. I really like the audio and graphics, hopefully they provide 1 or 2 sooner than later.
Vietnam might? I still haven't picked it up.
post #19156 of 19164 Unread Today, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I got an email for my preorder of Uncharted 4 that the release date has been delayed from Oct 1 to Oct 31.
FWIW, maybe a placeholder.

post #19157 of 19164 Unread Today, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:

Tom Clancy's The Division
Quote:
I doubt the optimized PS4 game will look quite that good, but the one thing positive I get out of that trailer is at least Ubi has developed a true next gen game engine.

'Snowdrop' may not be the big next gen engine the way Unreal was on the xbox 360, but at least it's something to speed of the development of decent looking next-gen games (that is, if Ubi farms it out like Epic did last gen).

Seems like 3 out of 4 games on the X360 were running on UE in some way shape or form, and they all looked great!

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #19158 of 19164 Unread Today, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
I doubt the optimized PS4 game will look quite that good, but the one thing positive I get out of that trailer is at least Ubi has developed a true next gen game engine.

'Snowdrop' may not be the big next gen engine the way Unreal was on the xbox 360, but at least it's something to speed of the development of decent looking next-gen games (that is, if Ubi farms it out like Epic did last gen).

Seems like 3 out of 4 games on the X360 were running on UE in some way shape or form, and they all looked great!
IMO, it's a pipedream to think the graphics for PS4 version of The Division will be even 5% better than Watch Dogs.
There will be no PS4 footage till release day and people need to settle in their minds like concrete that if they want to play the game, they need to focus on enjoying the gameplay and any graphical candy is the mint chocolate at the end of a good meal.
So why even play it on this gen vs previous gen? 8GB DDR5 says it'll just run smoother.

post #19159 of 19164 Unread Today, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Has there been any recent talk about when The Division will be released? Last I heard it was "2015" - any more clarity as to when?
post #19160 of 19164 Unread Today, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
IMO, it's a pipedream to think the graphics for PS4 version of The Division will be even 5% better than Watch Dogs.
Why do you think that will be the case?
Quote:
There will be no PS4 footage till release day...
How do you know this? Seems like that would be unusual. Do you think there will be Xbox One footage then in advance?
post #19161 of 19164 Unread Today, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 1525
Ubisoft is the king of bullshots. There were things in the watch dogs e3 footage that didn't even make it into the final PC version. You shouldn't trust anything they show as representative of what the game will actually look like. IIRC the AC:U demos even had a stable framerate, and then the game comes out and it's a mess on every platform.
Nayan likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #19162 of 19164 Unread Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There will be no PS4 footage till release day and people need to settle in their minds like concrete that if they want to play the game, they need to focus on enjoying the gameplay and any graphical candy is the mint chocolate at the end of a good meal.
So why even play it on this gen vs previous gen? 8GB DDR5 says it'll just run smoother.
I'm keeping an eye on the Division, but the only Ubi title that's a must buy for me is RB6 Patriots (whenever they finally decide to release it).

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #19163 of 19164 Unread Today, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Watch Dogs was fun regardless but yea I'm with Crav...not buying it until I see it is what they show. Its pretty sad that FC4 was hailed as matching its trailers. I'd worry less about the xbone compared to PS4 and look more at console vs reality...
post #19164 of 19164 Unread Today, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Ubisoft is the king of bullshots. There were things in the watch dogs e3 footage that didn't even make it into the final PC version. You shouldn't trust anything they show as representative of what the game will actually look like. IIRC the AC:U demos even had a stable framerate, and then the game comes out and it's a mess on every platform.
Watchdogs was a major debacle no doubt. I don't even know if I'm interested in playing it for free!

Ubi can f&*k ub the division. But if they mess-up or can RB6 Patriots I'm done with them. Whatever happens...just please don't take us back to Vegas!!!

Thats what I do.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page