PlayStation 4 - Page 640 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > PlayStation Area > PlayStation 4

PlayStation Area

bd2003's Avatar bd2003
08:11 PM Liked: 1526
post #19171 of 19182
Yesterday | Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
At least in FC4 you can fly a buzzer and land it on the top of the bell tower and fly off when done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol yeah, once I realized that I knocked out like every tower in the course of an hour. It's ridiculous how that game allows you to break it...the highest signature weapon is only a few hundred thousand but is a full auto death machine with a gigantic mag of one hit kill bullets.
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus
08:17 PM Liked: 94
post #19172 of 19182
Yesterday | Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Lol yeah, once I realized that I knocked out like every tower in the course of an hour. It's ridiculous how that game allows you to break it...the highest signature weapon is only a few hundred thousand but is a full auto death machine with a gigantic mag of one hit kill bullets.

Which gun? I've gone all through the main story, have each weapon bag, liberated each tower, post and fortress and I'm only 60% of the way through. Crazy long game.

d_m1010's Avatar d_m1010
09:24 PM Liked: 172
post #19173 of 19182
Yesterday | Posts: 1,965
Speaking of climbing stuff, I'm enjoying Dying Light. Pretty cool so far.
Budracin8's Avatar Budracin8
07:48 AM Liked: 16
post #19174 of 19182
Today | Posts: 229
Quote:
Yea once I unlocked the grenade launcher encounters with any enemies became so much easier. The formula is obviously the same at Far Cry 3 but I think the big difference between the two is that I felt the story in Far Cry 3 was more interesting. I wanted to see how it ended and save my friends. Plus you had Vaas who was a great nemesis.

Far Cry 4's game play is the same at 3's but the story is lacking. I don't really care about the Golden Path. It's supposed to be in your heritage but if it's so important to your family why didn't anybody in your family ever mention it. You only find out about it when you go to dispose of your mother. Then you are faced with stopping one group of drug runners to help the Golden Path lady who wants to...wait for it....run drugs. It's fun exploring but the take outpost, climb tower, shoot at a damn eagle gets a bit old.
Mikazaru's Avatar Mikazaru
08:23 AM Liked: 51
post #19175 of 19182
Today | Posts: 1,779
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pla.../1100-6424957/

Quote:
Sony has elevated the PlayStation Network as the catch-all brand for its entertainment going forward, from movies to music, TV, and games.

The company-wide changes were announced along with "PlayStation Music"--a new Spotify-powered music service for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Xperia phones and tablets. This will replace Music Unlimited.

PlayStation Network's suite of services going forward are:

PlayStation Store: the online merchant for games on PS3, PS4, and PlayStation Vita.
PlayStation Plus: the membership subscription service that offers discounts, free games, and online multiplayer.
PlayStation Video: the buy-or-rent service replacing Video Unlimited, offering some 200,000 movies and TV shows across PlayStation platforms, Sony devices, and PCs
PlayStation Music: the Spotify-powered music streaming service coming this spring.
PlayStation Now: The game streaming service that brings legacy PlayStation games to consoles and Sony devices, and select Samsung Smart TVs.
PlayStation Vue: the new, cloud-based TV service for PS4 and PS3 owners, combining live TV with select network partners with on-demand and catch-up TV content. (This service is expected to launch in the first quarter of 2015).
"We are very excited to offer our wide array of network services including games, TV, videos and music, under the PlayStation brand," said Andrew House, group chief executive of the PlayStation business.

"We look forward to bringing even more compelling experiences, and an unparalleled breadth and quality of digital entertainment services and content to our customers."

Sony added that its monthly active users of PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network together had exceeded 64 million as of December 2014.

08:27 AM Liked: 94
post #19176 of 19182
Today | Posts: 1,917
Yep, love the hand held grenade launcher and shot gun.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003
10:21 AM Liked: 1526
post #19177 of 19182
Today | Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
Yea once I unlocked the grenade launcher encounters with any enemies became so much easier. The formula is obviously the same at Far Cry 3 but I think the big difference between the two is that I felt the story in Far Cry 3 was more interesting. I wanted to see how it ended and save my friends. Plus you had Vaas who was a great nemesis.

Far Cry 4's game play is the same at 3's but the story is lacking. I don't really care about the Golden Path. It's supposed to be in your heritage but if it's so important to your family why didn't anybody in your family ever mention it. You only find out about it when you go to dispose of your mother. Then you are faced with stopping one group of drug runners to help the Golden Path lady who wants to...wait for it....run drugs. It's fun exploring but the take outpost, climb tower, shoot at a damn eagle gets a bit old.

I don't even think it's fun exploring ubisoft games. There's nothing unique to see, nothing has any personality whatsoever. That's my biggest prob with these ubisoft games, they're so dry. Like in skyrim, every town a bunch of little side stories. You can just walk around the town or the world and run across interesting, unique stuff. Everything has character. But ubisoft games are just a bunch of mindless activities. If you wander around in skyrim, you'll stumble upon a house, talk to the guy sitting outside and it might lead you on a quest to find something unique. Hell you can randomly stumble upon a rare plant that takes you on a quest across skyrim. In far cry, you'll just find another chest with a junk item in it that clogs your inventory till you sell it, to buy items you don't need because you pick up better stuff off the ground. Same thing in black flag, watch dogs, and probably the division. The openness of the world is pointless, because it's just a stretch of empty space that spans between activities. They might as well just drop the pretense and present you with a list of activities to click on and directly play.
Zookster's Avatar Zookster
10:55 AM Liked: 57
post #19178 of 19182
Today | Posts: 1,758
Quote:
At least in FC4 you can fly a buzzer and land it on the top of the bell tower and fly off when done.

I've heard this, but I've never managed to pull it off. The Bell Towers all have a finial on the center of the roof, and when I try to land to the side of it, because the roof is pitched, I just slide off. Fortunately the Bell Towers are easiest of all the repeating side quests, I've found.

How much fun one derives from exploring Ubi games like Far Cry 4 may be a function of how OC one is about collectibles. I personally enjoy exploring every nook and cranny or large beautiful open worlds like Kryat--one my favorite settings I've ever encountered in a video game. And I say that has someone who is only playing FC4 because I got it for free with my PS4. Normally FPS games in a modern-day setting (without a sci-fi or paranormal aspect) aren't my cup of tea.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
11:10 AM Liked: 625
post #19179 of 19182
Today | Posts: 5,274
Quote:
I don't even think it's fun exploring ubisoft games. There's nothing unique to see, nothing has any personality whatsoever. That's my biggest prob with these ubisoft games, they're so dry. Like in skyrim, every town a bunch of little side stories. You can just walk around the town or the world and run across interesting, unique stuff. Everything has character. But ubisoft games are just a bunch of mindless activities. If you wander around in skyrim, you'll stumble upon a house, talk to the guy sitting outside and it might lead you on a quest to find something unique. Hell you can randomly stumble upon a rare plant that takes you on a quest across skyrim. In far cry, you'll just find another chest with a junk item in it that clogs your inventory till you sell it, to buy items you don't need because you pick up better stuff off the ground. Same thing in black flag, watch dogs, and probably the division. The openness of the world is pointless, because it's just a stretch of empty space that spans between activities. They might as well just drop the pretense and present you with a list of activities to click on and directly play.
FC is a bit more bland but that lack of interesting to me was absent in Skyrim as well and why I didn't bother to finish it. Actually I think I'm open worlded out. FC4 had some really cool caves and towns but it was super shallow in that you walk in, collect the map blip, and leave. Tomb Raider (open worldish) had the big battleship you could only look at. Skyrim was boring step and fetch quests I got tired of and quit. Infamous was repetetive but had cool scenery. Watch Dogs at a high level felt like every GTA ever.

What I want from an open world is what Fallout delivered. You got big buildings to wander, big caves, big vaults. Each had torn book pages, graffiti, maniacal robots, deranged humans, weird glowing plants, something, some odd thing that made this cave look different than a waste of time. Even if your not in combat, hey look at that odd machine...wonder what it does? The oddball computer terminals with emails talking about worker activities from pre war. That's what an open world should be. Here's this really cool but out of the way place that's an extra. That's the best open world game out there imo.

I think Infamous kind of hits some of what Fallout did with its tagging graffiti. Tomb Raider had a lot of great areas and very interesting things to see I just wish I could have explored the battleship wreckage. GTA has the big alien thing but no way I'm going to 100% that game to find out. Even regular games like BF sometimes has odd buttons or graffiti that's neat to see or has a mystery to solve. Too many games these days are just bland.
Budracin8's Avatar Budracin8
11:53 AM Liked: 16
post #19180 of 19182
Today | Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
What I want from an open world is what Fallout delivered. You got big buildings to wander, big caves, big vaults. Each had torn book pages, graffiti, maniacal robots, deranged humans, weird glowing plants, something, some odd thing that made this cave look different than a waste of time. Even if your not in combat, hey look at that odd machine...wonder what it does? The oddball computer terminals with emails talking about worker activities from pre war. That's what an open world should be. Here's this really cool but out of the way place that's an extra. That's the best open world game out there imo.

I think Infamous kind of hits some of what Fallout did with its tagging graffiti. Tomb Raider had a lot of great areas and very interesting things to see I just wish I could have explored the battleship wreckage. GTA has the big alien thing but no way I'm going to 100% that game to find out. Even regular games like BF sometimes has odd buttons or graffiti that's neat to see or has a mystery to solve. Too many games these days are just bland.
I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Great open world. Great characters. Like you noted I enjoyed finding little trinkets or pieces of history and the story attached. Looking forward to Fallout 4 some time in the future.
11:55 AM Liked: 94
post #19181 of 19182
Today | Posts: 1,917
Curious to hear what you guys think of the Last of Us? I've only played it on PS3 but bought the remastered PS4 version. One of my favorites.

I'm playing GTA V now and find it pretty boring and looking for something else to consume what little down time I have.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
12:01 PM Liked: 625
post #19182 of 19182
Today | Posts: 5,274
Quote:
Curious to hear what you guys think of the Last of Us? I've only played it on PS3 but bought the remastered PS4 version. One of my favorites.

I'm playing GTA V now and find it pretty boring and looking for something else to consume what little down time I have.
Same but shiny. Kind of regretted getting the remaster actually. It was a lot better but I'd already played it before. What sucked was the online part seemed dead and that's what I really wanted from it. Cool to play again but nothing new except being prettier.
Tags: Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony

Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com
Reply PlayStation Area

Subscribe to this Thread