PlayStation 4 - Page 641 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #19201 of 19216 Old Today, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 625
I don't even care about the freebies really. I play online and its costs to do so. Right or wrong it is what it is. Not saying the Indie stuff is awful. Normally its a game I'd have passed on but we are getting into year two so something a little meatier should shake loose. I know Injustice did but I already owned it and its a fighter. Give me Knack at the very least.

Hm PSTV is tempting but I'd need the bundle since I have no controllers so that kind of shoots this down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19202 of 19216 Old Today, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
I don't even care about the freebies really. I play online and its costs to do so. Right or wrong it is what it is. Not saying the Indie stuff is awful. Normally its a game I'd have passed on but we are getting into year two so something a little meatier should shake loose. I know Injustice did but I already owned it and its a fighter. Give me Knack at the very least.
I'm actually surprised to see how many people in this forum are talking about not resubing because the free games aren't to their liking. I personally am not much of an online player, but I can't imagine not having full access to every game I buy and play should I choose to jump online or access certain features that require connecting to the game's servers. Not to mention, like TedSeattle stated, the few free games that I actually play, the discounts, and cloud storage make Plus membership pay for itself.

Quote:
Hm PSTV is tempting but I'd need the bundle since I have no controllers so that kind of shoots this down.
I'm pretty sure the DS4 controller works with PSTV if you don't have a DS3.
Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
post #19203 of 19216 Old Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I'm actually surprised to see how many people in this forum are talking about not resubing because the free games aren't to their liking. I personally am not much of an online player, but I can't imagine not having full access to every game I buy and play should I choose to jump online or access certain features that require connecting to the game's servers. Not to mention, like TedSeattle stated, the few free games that I actually play, the discounts, and cloud storage make Plus membership pay for itself.

I barely use my PS4 as it is. The only game I'm looking forward to is uncharted 4 and that's not an online game.
ambesolman likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #19204 of 19216 Old Today, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:

Oh no...my PS+ sub isn't going anywhere. I do play online every day. They want me to pay and give me indies in return...ok. Can't play online without it so oh well its my cost to have fun. Now the interesting thing is how little I play the free stuff. Take Loadout and First Light (different but same) their both free. I've played each a bit yet I go right back into playing something I paid for. Free is like the old pirate days, not that I did any of that ahem, but there just seems to be a mental thing about using what you pay for and ignoring the free stuff. Unless you REALLY wanted the free item.
post #19205 of 19216 Old Today, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I barely use my PS4 as it is. The only game I'm looking forward to is uncharted 4 and that's not an online game.

Me too, such a long wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #19206 of 19216 Old Today, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Before the launch of these current gen systems, I would often let my PSN sub lapse because I frankly never used my PS3 online (I was a 360 guy mainly, had a PS3 for exclusives). Now the tables have turned. I had a Live sub for 10 years straight, and it lapsed last August. I have not felt the need to renew as I just don't have a use for my 360. I'm sure if I ever get an XBOX One I'd get Live again, but I have no use for it right now.

People do have their reasons for not renewing, though being disappointed in the free games lineup isn't something I would cancel over. I often don't care for many indie games, but tend to really dig the music in them so I play them anyway. Hotline Miami had a great soundtrack, too bad I thought the game itself was awful.

Sent from my computer because I don't know how to delete signatures from an app.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #19207 of 19216 Unread Today, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Me too, such a long wait!

When is UC4 coming out? I'm holding out until then to get a ps4 bundle since my OG phat is still going strong and still does things the ps4 can't which is infuriatingly stupid.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #19208 of 19216 Unread Today, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
When is UC4 coming out? I'm holding out until then to get a ps4 bundle since my OG phat is still going strong and still does things the ps4 can't which is infuriatingly stupid.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]

Christmas.

post #19209 of 19216 Unread Today, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
I'm actually surprised to see how many people in this forum are talking about not resubing because the free games aren't to their liking.
It's not really the free games so much. I don't play online as much as I thought I would and by the time I get a chance to no one is on. Most of the games that are free I either already have or I'm not interested in playing them. Since I don't need a sub for things like Amazon or Netflix, paying for something I don't use doesn't make much sense.

I love smart men. In other words, I'm attracted to brains like a friggin' zombie. Crap I say
post #19210 of 19216 Unread Today, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Big. FAT. MEH. Ok now I'm tired of seeing indies for our freebs. Was hoping First Light was a sign of things to come...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...ys-free-games/
that's crap. I bought transistor months ago.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
post #19211 of 19216 Unread Today, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1217 View Post
Best Buy has a deal on PSTV's today. I'm considering picking one up but haven't heard much about them. I would just stream PS4 games to the bedroom when my wife/kids are using the main TV. Can anyone speak to the real functionality of this? Will games like Destiny, GTAV, Last of Us, stream from the PS4 just fine via PSTV? I'm skeptical....

Edit: PS4 is wired. PSTV would be wireless.
I love it and I have it for just that reason to play on the TV in the bedroom.

post #19212 of 19216 Unread Today, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
OMG... fall out of my chair laughing out loud. Although, I have to say, I think it is proof that I am old but MC:X looks too violent for my taste. Anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4
lol that was fantastic. good times.

post #19213 of 19216 Unread Today, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Before the launch of these current gen systems, I would often let my PSN sub lapse because I frankly never used my PS3 online (I was a 360 guy mainly, had a PS3 for exclusives). Now the tables have turned. I had a Live sub for 10 years straight, and it lapsed last August. I have not felt the need to renew as I just don't have a use for my 360. I'm sure if I ever get an XBOX One I'd get Live again, but I have no use for it right now.

People do have their reasons for not renewing, though being disappointed in the free games lineup isn't something I would cancel over. I often don't care for many indie games, but tend to really dig the music in them so I play them anyway. Hotline Miami had a great soundtrack, too bad I thought the game itself was awful.

Sent from my computer because I don't know how to delete signatures from an app.
I was a 360 guy last gen as well but now even my One sits mainly unused. I wouldn't cancel over the free line up either, and to be honest I already paid for psn for the next two years so we are in bed together for a while.

post #19214 of 19216 Unread Today, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
As a fellow 360 to PS4 user, you really won't like that DS3 in the Lego Bundle. Ergonomically DS4 is fathoms better.

Both DS3 and DS4 play wireless on PSTV afte pairing via USB cable.

I got an email saying UC4 was Oct 31.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19215 of 19216 Unread Today, 09:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

The free games was really the only way I could justify keeping it despite the fact that I rarely used the PS4. By now I was hoping there would at least be a few big PS4 exclusive games like killzone or whatever, but we still don't even have driveclub! It burns me a little that I'm basically forfeiting the ability to play my PS4 version of COD:AW online, but for the price of the sub I can buy it again on PC. And it's not that there havent been a lot of great indie games on plus, but I already own the vast majority of them from humble bundles and stuff.

I think it might be time for me and the PS4 to part ways anyway. I bought it because I thought it would be everything the PS3 was and more, but even basic stuff like bluetooth headset support is still MIA. I kept it thinking I'll at least need it for all the exclusives, but now on either side exclusive only means "console exclusive", while PC gets everything. Even putting all the other PC stuff aside, it's so much simpler to deal with just one platform that works with everything rather than juggling two current gen and two last gen consoles.

I wonder though, for all the people who are still console only, do you feel like the PS4 has lived up to the hype? Like do you feel the PS4 was everything you wanted it to be? Or is it still a little disappointing but still feels like the better of two options?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #19216 of 19216 Unread Today, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm console only because I'm tired of the upgrade costs with PC. I can't say whether the consoles have lived up to the hype, but this is the most fun I have had with a console since the original Nintendo was released. I do not miss adjusting parameters in my PC to make a game somewhat run smoothly. The ps4 and One have met my expectations graphics wise unequivocally.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page