post #19441 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
You're doing something wrong. I watched Godzilla last night in full surround.
No clue. My age old Panny surround didnt like any variation I threw at it but it works fine on PS4 games? Thought it was odd but just an experiment anyway so nothing lost. Just glad I moved my setup out of our oddly shaped living room and into the spare room. Now I just need a theater placard on the door!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19442 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
No clue. My age old Panny surround didnt like any variation I threw at it but it works fine on PS4 games? Thought it was odd but just an experiment anyway so nothing lost. Just glad I moved my setup out of our oddly shaped living room and into the spare room. Now I just need a theater placard on the door!

Strange, really unless you changed something away from default at some point (quite possible) in the "video playback" options it should default as the movie'a capability.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19443 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Strange, really unless you changed something away from default at some point (quite possible) in the "video playback" options it should default as the movie'a capability.
Only settings I changed was once it didn't work. Well actually there is a difference...I'm using optic out on the PS4 where its HDMI out on the PS3 so maybe its something in that. Just bought an optic cable last week so its a new addition. Meh it works great on the gaming side.
post #19444 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 220
High-end Bluray audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD require HDMI. Optical won't process them.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #19445 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
High-end Bluray audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD require HDMI. Optical won't process them.
That would be it then. Dam I'm behind the times...
post #19446 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 19
speaking of being behind in times. Come on Sony. Lets get this machine the updates we all want, was told we'd get. And lets make this Ps4 the best machine on the planet. Like the Ps3 almost was.....
post #19447 of 19451 Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I was having a similar issue of getting stereo over HDMI even on the last of us the only option was 2.0. Rebooted ps4 and then got pcm on my display and the options back in the last of us.

Turned on ps4 later and back to stereo. Here is my theory though. Because I turned on the ps4 and then the receiver and switched over to the right input (defaults to chrome cast for the wife once the receiver is turned off) it only sea aircraft that would accept stereo. But when I rebooted the ps4 again, the receiver was seen as an available 7.1 option and there for gave me all channels.

So try turning on the ps4 as the last thing. Also check your settings both under menu and under settings when you have a bluray playing.

Hope that helps
post #19448 of 19451 Old Today, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 390
@scoobdude
It's not the console, that is a classic case of an AVR with mediocre firmware on the HDMI board inside the AVR. But I understand you thinking it would be the console.
There is a fair bit of handshake talking on both sides, the AVR is borking on the "what I can receive" part so the PS4 delivers the lowest common denominator.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19449 of 19451 Old Today, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybnbad View Post
speaking of being behind in times. Come on Sony. Lets get this machine the updates we all want, was told we'd get. And lets make this Ps4 the best machine on the planet. Like the Ps3 almost was.....
There is supposed to be a decent update soon. Don't ask me details, since I already forgot what I read.

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #19450 of 19451 Old Today, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
@scoobdude
It's not the console, that is a classic case of an AVR with mediocre firmware on the HDMI board inside the AVR. But I understand you thinking it would be the console.
There is a fair bit of handshake talking on both sides, the AVR is borking on the "what I can receive" part so the PS4 delivers the lowest common denominator.
Yeah I have the odd issue at times where if the TV with ARC is powered on before my AVR locks in the PS4 signal it will stutter back and forth between the 2 audio feeds. Easy enough to fix, turn tv off and then back on, but it does highlight that with all the various codec's and features being poured into modern receivers it does leave several tripping points for unforeseen conflicts to arise.
post #19451 of 19451 Unread Today, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anyone receive their $15 psn credit from the spend $100 deal yet? It said we'd get it on or before March 2nd.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page