post #19561 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
Wait what?
Yeah so you can map the X to the O
Nayan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19562 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Pretty pointless IMHO. I knew it would be too good to be true that the developers would actually allow us to remap our buttons.

If I could make all of my racing and FPS games buttons match I would be in heaven but I don't ever see this happening on consoles.
post #19563 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:

I'm missing context here or this is a joke?

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19564 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
Pretty pointless IMHO.
That's because it's not for you, it's for people who have physical disabilities that prevent them from being able to utilize parts of the controller. It isn't intended for people who can use the controller fine but would prefer that a game use it differently.

A generic controller remap functionality where you could apply profiles to specific games seems like it would be a good investment from a platform perspective, and is something I'd like to see. Why make devs implement that stuff in each game separately (or more commonly skip doing it at all)? But that isn't what this feature is for, as it stands.
moepoker, Zookster and Smigro like this.
post #19565 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
That's because it's not for you, it's for people who have physical disabilities that prevent them from being able to utilize parts of the controller. It isn't intended for people who can use the controller fine but would prefer that a game use it differently.

A generic controller remap functionality where you could apply profiles to specific games seems like it would be a good investment from a platform perspective, and is something I'd like to see. Why make devs implement that stuff in each game separately (or more commonly skip doing it at all)? But that isn't what this feature is for, as it stands.
Never thought of it like that, makes sense now and I commend Sony for offering that. I guess I just read wrong what people were posting.

As for a generic remap, I too wish they allowed us the freedom they do PC players. My only thought is the the COD developers want their control scheme to be unique to BF and vice versa for whatever reason.

Can't really think of another reason unless it has to do with Sony and MS.
post #19566 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Well, umm... I guess I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Was hoping for a magical solution. Found plenty of people with same problem during my google searches but no solutions. Oh well.

I've read the "change the DNS" before but, that should have very little impact on a speed test. DNS is for name resolution only, once you are on a website to run a speed test, your DNS probably doesn't even come into play. Anyway, my DNS is manually coded on my PS4 already, I use OpenDNS.
I get around the same speeds from my ps4 as you mentioned earlier but I have never had an issue downloading anything to it. I bought interstellar on it and no sooner than I hit the buy button I was watching it in HD. Never any buffering or slow downs on anything. So I don't really worry about it.
post #19567 of 19575 Old 03-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Another new update on War Thunder, seems to be pain free.
Noticed the audio is cleaned up again and firing is disabled while putting out fires.
The AAA fire mapping is better with instant options between map view and on the ground on screen. The green triangle is displayed (good location too)on screen to prompt the switch.
The new bomb drop audio is exeptional and the mass hits from bigger bombers is beautiful.

Last edited by brwsaw; 03-25-2015 at 11:02 PM.
post #19568 of 19575 Old Yesterday, 02:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Firmware update is live. 250 mb

Edit: nice, you can test the host connection speed in Shareplay now

Last edited by lordxar5; Yesterday at 02:38 AM.
post #19569 of 19575 Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was wondering about the comments on the internet speed. I'm pretty sure I got 27mbps on the ps4 internet test, after I did some rewiring. At my computer, I can usually get 30, or close to it, so I think that's as good as I'm going to get, as I go through powerline adapters (!!!) for the ps4. (I also used all cat 6 or cat 7 cables, but I'm not sure if that made a difference.)

Having said that, I have wondered if the internet provider shows a boost speed when doing a speed test, and for normal use, it's throttled down? Anyway, I don't have problems streaming HD, so I'm not complaining.
post #19570 of 19575 Old Yesterday, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I'm missing context here or this is a joke?
Just a joke that it can be pointless in most of the cases... at least to me.
post #19571 of 19575 Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Just a joke that it can be pointless in most of the cases... at least to me.

Yeah we need profiles, however in glancing at the options today there is a pseudo clunky workaround to making it act like 2 profiles.

Sorry for the phone pic, uploading screenies was not quick enough.

You can then set PSbutton + square to pull up a quick toggle that applies the custom buttons.

In a way you can mimic at least one game controller scheme to a second. And quickly turn if off when desired.
Seems like this is actually a perfect solution if you just want game A and game B to have the jump button of L1 instead of X.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19572 of 19575 Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Get 10% off on the PSN store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...day/#sf8232070

"Receive 10% off one transaction made on PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or the online store (store.playstation.com) between 3/26/2015 at 12:00 noon PDT and 3/30/2015 at 12:00 noon PDT. Does not apply to transactions made on PlayStation Store on PS Vita, PlayStation TV, PSP or in-game. Some exclusions apply, including PS Plus memberships, subscriptions, game pre-orders, PS Now content and rental video content. Code must be redeemed at checkout and discounted transaction completed before 3/30/2015 at 12:00 noon PDT."

The code is LQ8ERDQH3A so you can copy and paste
Crash44 likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #19573 of 19575 Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidgamer View Post
I was wondering about the comments on the internet speed. I'm pretty sure I got 27mbps on the ps4 internet test, after I did some rewiring. At my computer, I can usually get 30, or close to it, so I think that's as good as I'm going to get, as I go through powerline adapters (!!!) for the ps4. (I also used all cat 6 or cat 7 cables, but I'm not sure if that made a difference.)

Having said that, I have wondered if the internet provider shows a boost speed when doing a speed test, and for normal use, it's throttled down? Anyway, I don't have problems streaming HD, so I'm not complaining.
I don't have any type of speed boost with TWC I get roughly half my internet speed at the ps4. This is with CAT 5 though. May try a test with CAT 6 and see what happens just for fun. I can stream HD with no issues as well. So I'm not complaining either.
post #19574 of 19575 Unread Today, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked: 731
What's good in the world of TV's these days? My DLP coughed blood and died last night...apparently Bloodborne is more vicious than anticipated Looks like the new lamp is ok but maybe the ballast went out. Not really wanting to do surgery on an eight year old TV when I can snag a cheap 50" or something that would fit the room better now that I've crammed my 65" into a smaller room.

First thought is gd the prices have gone down. Last time I bought a TV for gaming was in 2007 so a lot has changed and I'm pretty much out of the loop on what I need to be looking for like refresh rates and all. So does anybody have a recommendation or some tips for finding a decent TV that isn't a wallet breaker? I might look into 3D if the price to size ratio is right but there isn't much content out there in 3D so size per dollar might be prefferable.
post #19575 of 19575 Unread Today, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Projector. Like 5-700 for a good one and then screen. best way to go if light is not real bad in the room or cab be controlled.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page