PlayStation 4 - Page 656 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2015, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
Definitely like the darker gunmetal better. They should have done the whole Arkham Knight console that color.
I agree, I was surprised how light the grey was on a Batman console.
Almost seems like an obvious throwback to the original Batman grey, which is fine, but it doesn't match Arkham Knight.
I'll be skipping the MGSV for sure; I can't get myself to every own an FSU colored anything.
Nayan and Epyon415 like this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2015, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 767
12 bucks and 15 minutes of time and I have a trigger and two thumbsticks replaced for my controllers
lodolfan likes this.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
12 bucks and 15 minutes of time and I have a trigger and two thumbsticks replaced for my controllers

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Old 04-25-2015, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Did anyone else have an issue with the newest firmware update? It will not download for me.

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
Old 04-25-2015, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
Did anyone else have an issue with the newest firmware update? It will not download for me.
no, installed while in rest mode. Getting error code? Have tried downloading it to a USB and manually updating?

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Old 04-26-2015, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 293
PlayStation 4

Mine installed fine but ever since the update my PS4 will not wake from rest mode correctly and the light just blinks blue. Have to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to force it off, then it scolds me for not turning it off properly. This happens about every 3rd or 4th time waking from rest mode since the last update.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 290
I get the triple beep thing going on every third or fourth time going into rest mode. It's annoying that Sony still has issues with their firmware updates. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with those who installed a larger hard drive.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
no, installed while in rest mode. Getting error code? Have tried downloading it to a USB and manually updating?

Haven't tried the usb method - next time. Since summer is back I am not on into the gaming as much with the crap I am doing around the house. Ticked me off though when I wanted to play this weekend and I had that error. Tried restarting a couple times to no avail

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Maybe I missed it, but which thumbsticks did you buy? The left stick on both of my controllers are balding, could probably use replacements.

PSN = Hatcher14
Old 04-27-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post
Maybe I missed it, but which thumbsticks did you buy? The left stick on both of my controllers are balding, could probably use replacements.
Madmodz on Amazon. Think its part of Madcatz or whatever. Works great so far!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Mine installed fine but ever since the update my PS4 will not wake from rest mode correctly and the light just blinks blue. Have to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to force it off, then it scolds me for not turning it off properly. This happens about every 3rd or 4th time waking from rest mode since the last update.
Had the same issue after the patch that added something to rest mode (maybe suspend/resume). IIRC i had to go into safe mode, run initialization or something. Check the interwebs, there is a fix.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Old 04-27-2015, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:

You can get replacement sticks like the ones you have, you can get all metal replacements or you can just gt caps which go over the balding ones.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post
You can get replacement sticks like the ones you have, you can get all metal replacements or you can just gt caps which go over the balding ones.
Personally I just replaced what was there. Caps just mask things and I wasn't keen on the metal ones the xbone had. But yea there's a lot of choice out there. While your controller is under the knife you could also get new buttons and faceplates too.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Madmodz on Amazon. Think its part of Madcatz or whatever. Works great so far!
Will not ship to Canada... damn. I guess I'll get one of random brands off of Amazon.ca. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post
Quote:
Personally I just replaced what was there. Caps just mask things and I wasn't keen on the metal ones the xbone had. But yea there's a lot of choice out there. While your controller is under the knife you could also get new buttons and faceplates too.
I think the metal ones would not be as grippy... there is a lot more options for this than I thought there would be. I will likely just end up with replacements though.

PSN = Hatcher14
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Will not ship to Canada... damn. I guess I'll get one of random brands off of Amazon.ca. Thanks though.

I think the metal ones would not be as grippy... there is a lot more options for this than I thought there would be. I will likely just end up with replacements though.
Metal sticks are grooved so its not bad grip. I just push really hard and plastic has more give than metal Plus the xbone sticks are very narrow compared to the larger PS4 sticks and sat higher which I didn't like either.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 269
I activated HBO Go, first time user, on my PS4 this passed weekend for Game Of Thrones. Ironically, I usually rail against using the PS4 for media functionality, but without thinking and because the PS4 was already on (I was playing Bloodborne) I just fired it up and off I went. I noticed that during the GoT episode I don't believe I was getting surround. I certainly get surround out of my PS4, but my AVR flags it as PCM, so there's no way of knowing how many channels I truly have from there.

I also have an AppleTV and an XBO, Im curious if anyone has experience with HBO Go and knows where it is better between these platforms. I would prefer the 5.1 mix, but with the PS4 stream I also noticed some "web streaming" stuttering effects. I don't stream much, but when I do it is netflix, but they've ironed out much of that feel. (They also can indicate the audio stream).

I know I could just try the other devices I have, but honestly, it's a pain the butt to add/activate the device and once I start watching the episode, my wife isn't going to permit to stop and try another device mid stream. Would rather just skip that nonsense and jump straight to what my best option is.

I don't have a cable box, as I'm using a family members' account.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I activated HBO Go, first time user, on my PS4 this passed weekend for Game Of Thrones. Ironically, I usually rail against using the PS4 for media functionality, but without thinking and because the PS4 was already on (I was playing Bloodborne) I just fired it up and off I went. I noticed that during the GoT episode I don't believe I was getting surround. I certainly get surround out of my PS4, but my AVR flags it as PCM, so there's no way of knowing how many channels I truly have from there.

I also have an AppleTV and an XBO, Im curious if anyone has experience with HBO Go and knows where it is better between these platforms. I would prefer the 5.1 mix, but with the PS4 stream I also noticed some "web streaming" stuttering effects. I don't stream much, but when I do it is netflix, but they've ironed out much of that feel. (They also can indicate the audio stream).

I know I could just try the other devices I have, but honestly, it's a pain the butt to add/activate the device and once I start watching the episode, my wife isn't going to permit to stop and try another device mid stream. Would rather just skip that nonsense and jump straight to what my best option is.

I don't have a cable box, as I'm using a family members' account.
I have also been looking for an answer to this. And I don't believe HBO Go streams 5.1 on the PS3/PS4. There are no sound options to confirm, but I did some testing switching from a recording I did of GoT on Directv and a stream of the same episode using HBO Go

The sound was much more dynamic from the Directv recording, and showed just how jumbled/muted the sound from what I believe is just a standard stereo audio mix you get from HBO Go is

As for picture quality it did seem slightly better through HBO Go but that wasn't much of a surprise vs the compressed satellite signal

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
Old Today, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
I modded mine with some metal ones so they will never wear out.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com