Old 06-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddman36 View Post
Playlists from Itunes dont show up on the ps4 Media Center App, but the ones on WMC do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboe77 View Post
Oh, this could be just what I'm looking for. You're talking about Windows Media Center, not Windows Media Player, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddman36 View Post
Either
So, I tried this out. Added my iTunes Library to the Music Library in WMC. Created a playlist.

Went into the PS4 Media Player app. Sure enough, I could see the Library, but when I select any of the folders, including the one for the playlist, all I get is a message that says, "No playable media."

It looks like the only way I'm going to get custom playlists on the PS4 (that can be played in-game), is to copy all of the actual files to a single folder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2015, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 267
I don't regret getting both consoles either (I actually have 2 of each and a Wii U). My XB1 doesn't get as much use as my PS4, because it is my secondary system and I use it mainly for exclusives. However, you won't see me complaining in the Xbox forum that my XB1 is gathering dust, because I understand that it's my choice to use it less. The lack of exclusives applies to the XB1 as well -- 11 months between Sunset Overdrive and the upcoming Forza 6. I just wish the people complaining about the PS4 exclusive situation would be a bit more even-handed with their criticism. Though I mainly post here, I visit both forums regularly. What is being said here, could easily (and should) be said there -- but it just isn't.

Confidenceman doesn't post here anymore (I hope he is well), but he was truly unbiased. He took the piss out of both sides regularly and would be called both an Xbot and SonyPony by people unfamiliar with him. I don't want to say you guys (BD and Anthony1) are being disingenuous when you say this isn't about "console wars", but you understand how it looks when the majority of your posts in the the Xbox forum are positive and informative, while over here, they are mainly negative criticisms (perhaps tempered with some faint praise). I don't fault anyone for favouring one system over the other (everyone does), but hearing the same negative comments, over and over again, gets tiresome. I almost prefer tampabuc -- almost.
Crash44 and Dash525 like this.

Last edited by Mikazaru; 06-20-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
I almost prefer tampabuc -- almost.
Oh dang you went there...
Mikazaru and emartins like this.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 97
It does get old listening to the same people time and time again complain about the ps4. If you're so unhappy about it then sell it and move on. If you don't have it then there's no reason to be here. I'm happy with it. I don't own a Xbox one and you won't see me going into the Xbox forums complaining about it. There is a lot of good games coming out this year. I'm not disappointed about lack of exclusives for the simple fact there are enough games coming out that I won't have time to play. I would rather have a exclusive come out when there isn't many games coming out all at once.

PSN ID : AVS Dash
Old 06-20-2015, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1703
PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
I don't regret getting both consoles either (I actually have 2 of each and a Wii U). My XB1 doesn't get as much use as my PS4, because it is my secondary system and I use it mainly for exclusives. However, you won't see me complaining in the Xbox forum that my XB1 is gathering dust, because I understand that it's my choice to use it less. The lack of exclusives applies to the XB1 as well -- 11 months between Sunset Overdrive and the upcoming Forza 6. I just wish the people complaining about the PS4 exclusive situation would be a bit more even-handed with their criticism. Though I mainly post here, I visit both forums regularly. What is being said here, could easily (and should) be said there -- but it just isn't.

Confidenceman doesn't post here anymore (I hope he is well), but he was truly unbiased. He took the piss out of both sides regularly and would be called both an Xbot and SonyPony by people unfamiliar with him. I don't want to say you guys (BD and Anthony1) are being disingenuous when you say this isn't about "console wars", but you understand how it looks when the majority of your posts in the the Xbox forum are positive and informative, while over here, they are mainly negative criticisms (perhaps tempered with some feint praise). I don't fault anyone for favouring one system over the other (everyone does), but hearing the same negative comments, over and over again, gets tiresome. I almost prefer tampabuc -- almost.

The funny thing is, if you track back about two years in this and the Xbox thread, you'd see the opposite coming from me, a lot more positive about Sony and negative about MS. So it's not like I have any sort of prejudice against Sony. I started off on their side and they just lost me. I hardly post here anymore, only now because there's actually some e3 news. I didn't come to this thread to talk about the Xbox, so maybe that's why you're getting the impression that I'm being one sided, when I'm intentionally not trying to make comparisons. I simply don't care about which is "better". I only care about what the PS4 can do that no other system can because my perspective is someone who's primary is another platform (PC). Maybe it's a different perspective than most here but it's not disingenuous. I'm not trying to convince people that the PS4 sucks or anything. If a PC wasn't an option for me I'd still prob stick with PS4, I think they've still got the better offering overall. I don't think I'm that far out of line by being disappointed by a lackluster exclusive showing for 2015. 2016 looks great....but that's something we can talk about in 2016. You can look over on the Xbox side and I'm not being all rah rah over anything they showed either, and I don't care for the Xbox one at all and never will. I think what they're doing with Windows 10 and how that relates to Xbox is really interesting, but beyond that I'm so indifferent to what they showed it wasn't even worth discussing to me. Another halo, another forza, a gears remake and a few trailers of stuff from 2016, meh.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510

Last edited by bd2003; 06-20-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
The funny thing is, if you track back about two years in this and the Xbox thread, you'd see the opposite coming from me, a lot more positive about Sony and negative about MS.
I don't have to track back, I remember. Only the most hardcore Xbox fans were trying to convince us that MS's original vision of the XB1 was a good idea. Everyone else knew that if they had stuck to the plan, it would have been product suicide.

Quote:
I only care about what the PS4 can do that no other system can because my perspective is someone who's primary is another platform (PC). Maybe it's a different perspective than most here but it's not disingenuous. I'm not trying to convince people that the PS4 sucks or anything. If a PC wasn't an option for me I'd still prob stick with PS4, I think they've still got the better offering overall. I don't think I'm that far out of line by being disappointed by a lackluster exclusive showing for 2015. 2016 looks great....but that's something we can talk about in 2016. You can look over on the Xbox side and I'm not being all rah rah over anything they showed either, and I don't care for the Xbox one at all and never will. I think what they're doing with Windows 10 and how that relates to Xbox is really interesting...
OK, I understand where you're coming from now. But it's pretty bizarre that you bought and sold an XB1 three times without ever playing a game on it. It seems you want it, but can't justify the purchase. Were you able to resell them without taking a loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003
I'm so indifferent to what they showed it wasn't even worth discussing to me. Another halo, another forza, a gears remake and a few trailers of stuff from 2016, meh.
But there's the difference. Why is Sony's lack of exclusives worth discussing, but MS's not? Is the XB1 so completely off your radar now that no amount of exclusives can bring you back?

So Uncharted 4 @ 30fps = I'll wait for the PS5 Remaster and Horizon = Enslaved Clone are actually signs of interest?

Last edited by Mikazaru; 06-20-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:20 PM

I turned a profit every time I bought and sold it, so I'm not really mad about it. The only time I bought it new was launch and I made a solid $100 off that. I thought it would at the very least make a decent streaming box but it was terrible at that too.

I'm prob going to have access to the X1 stuff on PC, so their exclusivity is irrelevant to me, they're just a bunch of games I'm not interested in. And I have higher standards for Sony, their first party output in the past has given us some of the greatest games ever made.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a diva when it comes to frame rate, but ND was the one that said 1080p/60 at first, so I don't think it's unfair. And even though the gameplay looks decent, the setting for horizon is so flagrantly derivative of enslaved (even down to the look of the character) that it makes me wonder what else is boring and derivative about it. But FPS asideUC4 looked like another UC....but an awesome one. And I did really love enslaved...so I'm intrigued but not sold on either.
Mikazaru likes this.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I turned a profit every time I bought and sold it, so I'm not really mad about it. The only time I bought it new was launch and I made a solid $100 off that. I thought it would at the very least make a decent streaming box but it was terrible at that too.

I'm prob going to have access to the X1 stuff on PC, so their exclusivity is irrelevant to me, they're just a bunch of games I'm not interested in. And I have higher standards for Sony, their first party output in the past has given us some of the greatest games ever made.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a diva when it comes to frame rate, but ND was the one that said 1080p/60 at first, so I don't think it's unfair. And even though the gameplay looks decent, the setting for horizon is so flagrantly derivative of enslaved (even down to the look of the character) that it makes me wonder what else is boring and derivative about it. But FPS asideUC4 looked like another UC....but an awesome one. And I did really love enslaved...so I'm intrigued but not sold on either.
I loved Enslaved, total sleeper there. That wasn't far off Rage or Fallout really either as far as setting but that's good. How many combat clones are out there but they have unique stories. The cool post apocalypse stuff isn't as numerous so the more the merrier.
kamouflage likes this.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:58 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Just got the game "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare".. I am sure the kids will enjoy it.
Nayan likes this.

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Can someone please let me know when the bickering over who has the better system or better exclusives is over so I can ask my question again without it getting swallowed up and missed? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Can someone please let me know when the bickering over who has the better system or better exclusives is over so I can ask my question again without it getting swallowed up and missed? Thanks.
No, nothing was mentioned about a new sku. But its probably coming anyway.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:44 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5193 Post(s)
Liked: 3101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
Just got the game "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare".. I am sure the kids will enjoy it.
Hey!! Adults will enjoy it too!!
Vidgamer and Nayan like this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 06-21-2015, 12:19 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Hey!! Adults will enjoy it too!!
Yea, I have one problem.

I put the disc in and then waited for the update to finish and then when I click to play it forces me to log into Origin EA but then the screen just sits after I put the id and password and click next.

Looks like the Origin is down or something is wrong since the screen never goes past that area.. Any ideas?

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I agree, the PS4 and XBOne seemed similar from the beginning. I went with PS4 mostly because I've owned all of the Playstations, and need more motivation to switch. :-) Having said that, it does seem like it's taken a while to get really good games for it. Having said that, it's getting pretty good now, where I'm starting to see a bit of variety. Having said that, I've been playing games on the PC a bit now too. :-/

My 2nd system is the Wii U. Mario Kart 8 is great! :-D
Old 06-21-2015, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
No you'll be summarily ignored either way... ask away though I'm sure we can find time (I kid, I kid)
Nayan likes this.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I just have a feeling that the next PlayStation revision is going to not have a optical disk drive.

Charter Spectrum powered by Earthlink.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-138 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premier (2016).
Cats are the best pets.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
I just have a feeling that the next PlayStation revision is going to not have a optical disk drive.
It's only a matter of time. Although, bluray is still important for Sony. But the PS TV already allows gaming without an optical drive.
reddice likes this.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 355
PlayStation 4

Quote:

You really think Sony would do that after all the crap MS took with their original X1 plans. Going 100% digital means no re-selling games, no trading in games and no buying used / renting games. That's everything we pounded MS for until the 180 flip.

Not this gen, that ship has sailed. Every PS4 will have a disc drive otherwise the wrath from the gaming world would be unprecedented. Flipping to MS's original stance mid gen after capitalizing against it at launch. The Internet would explode and I'd be part of the outrage. Their stance against MS is why I bought a PS4, flipping mid stream would be unforgivable. I don't think console gamers will ever be ready for a 100% digital future. I know I won't as long as GameFly is in business.
Dash525 likes this.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 06-21-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 379
He's talking about the next PlayStation, not the PS4.
reddice likes this.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Europe gets the 1TB PS4 next month

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...adbpr=36969785

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Old 06-22-2015, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
... the PS4 is better than the XBOne as it is more powerful and games are actually in 1080p not 900p.

Can you or somebody else please explain? I play my games on a projection screen and understandably would like to get the best picture resolution there is.

In 2007 I switched from PS 2 to XBox 360 because of Ace Combat 6 and Mass Effect.

I had hoped the PS 4 would have enough backward compatibilty, so I could catch up with Metal Gear Solid 4 and the exclusive Ace Combat Infinity online, but apparently that's not going to happen.

Looking forward to Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and Star Wars Battlefront, either of the two looks adequate, but of course, I'd like to get the native resolution out of these games.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
Old 06-22-2015, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank714 View Post

Can you or somebody else please explain? I play my games on a projection screen and understandably would like to get the best picture resolution there is.

In 2007 I switched from PS 2 to XBox 360 because of Ace Combat 6 and Mass Effect.

I had hoped the PS 4 would have enough backward compatibilty, so I could catch up with Metal Gear Solid 4 and the exclusive Ace Combat Infinity online, but apparently that's not going to happen.

Looking forward to Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and Star Wars Battlefront, either of the two looks adequate, but of course, I'd like to get the native resolution out of these games.
There's really not much further that can be explained other than yes, as a general rule the PS4 version of a game will either look better or at worse look the same as the Xbox One counterpart. The PS4 just has beefier hardware. There are many games that are 900p on Xbox One that are 1080p on PS4.

Sony has recently stated, in the wake of Xbox One's recent addition of some titles being backward compatible (this list for now is somewhat small), that they were NOT going to add backwards compatibility. They do have a service called PSNow, that lets you play these games via a streaming option. I haven't tried it (I probably should) but in my opinion the pricing structure isn't right.

In this generation, it makes more sense to have the PS4 be your lead platform to play all the multiplats on. This is of course assuming you don't have an active friend's list pulling you to Xbone.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
VR Roundtable
Old 06-22-2015, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Nice! I just hope we aren't far behind.

Considering I was looking at July/August for getting my first PS4, I would have been pissed if I bought an older SKU just weeks before this came out.

Last edited by Tom Imp; 06-22-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
He's talking about the next PlayStation, not the PS4.
Your right. Sorry I should have said PS5.
I buy all my games digital anyway as I don't like messing with discs.

Charter Spectrum powered by Earthlink.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-138 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premier (2016).
Cats are the best pets.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:53 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Sounds good to me. I typically don't use the optical drives on my PS4 or XBOnes. The only time I've used them is for a handful of game rentals and when testing out some Blu-ray Disc titles.

I'm already 100% digital for the games I own on my PS4 and XBOne. I have no desire to ever go back to purchasing game discs.
reddice likes this.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:59 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
You really think Sony would do that after all the crap MS took with their original X1 plans. Going 100% digital means no re-selling games, no trading in games and no buying used / renting games. That's everything we pounded MS for until the 180 flip.

Not this gen, that ship has sailed. Every PS4 will have a disc drive otherwise the wrath from the gaming world would be unprecedented. Flipping to MS's original stance mid gen after capitalizing against it at launch. The Internet would explode and I'd be part of the outrage. Their stance against MS is why I bought a PS4, flipping mid stream would be unforgivable. I don't think console gamers will ever be ready for a 100% digital future. I know I won't as long as GameFly is in business.
If they came out with a future PS4 with no optical disc transport, that would make me more inclined to purchase it for a secondary PS4. Along with a price reduction. I really have no need for the BD drive in my PS4. The only thing I would use it for right now is for the rare disc game rental.

The pS4 is one of the last devices I want to use for BD playback since the BD drive is so noisy. I would choose the XBOne over the PS4 for BD playback and the XBOne is also not a device I want to use for BD playback either.(although the disc transport is much quieter on the XBOne)

Old 06-22-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 393
In addition to the 1TB unit there are two new "less" power hungry versions coming:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/...-no-price-cut/

8% less power and 10% lighter. Still 500GB storage @ $400.

Sorta confusing, not sure why they arent making it 1TB standard.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Videos

I am the greatest MGO player eva!! - http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415/v/24236420
Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I'm not getting the big deal about backwards compatibility, at least at this point in the game. I bought both the PS4 remakes of GTA 5 and The Last of Us, but that was because I missed both being an early adopter for the PS4 (I traded in my PS3 on a killer deal Gamestop was having). And even then, I have time to play those because the next gen was taking off very slowly (all systems). At this point in the game you have some heat coming out from Fall 2015 and on, so people on both systems will have lots to play. I'm sure it is nice to pop in an old game every once in a while, say, Red Dead, but not being able to do that is not really a deal breaker, at least for me. I guess everyone is different, but I just dont see how people are acting like this is a game changing move and how this was such a huge deal at E3. When these systems first launched, for certain I see it, but not now.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
In addition to the 1TB unit there are two new "less" power hungry versions coming:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/...-no-price-cut/

8% less power and 10% lighter. Still 500GB storage @ $400.

Sorta confusing, not sure why they arent making it 1TB standard.

While a price cut would have been nice, I really didn't expect it. I'm fine with the 500GB as I was going to put in a 2TB drive anyway, even if it did come with a 1TB one.

Now to just hope this doesn't take months to release in North America.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:36 AM

PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
I'm not getting the big deal about backwards compatibility, at least at this point in the game. I bought both the PS4 remakes of GTA 5 and The Last of Us, but that was because I missed both being an early adopter for the PS4 (I traded in my PS3 on a killer deal Gamestop was having). And even then, I have time to play those because the next gen was taking off very slowly (all systems). At this point in the game you have some heat coming out from Fall 2015 and on, so people on both systems will have lots to play. I'm sure it is nice to pop in an old game every once in a while, say, Red Dead, but not being able to do that is not really a deal breaker, at least for me. I guess everyone is different, but I just dont see how people are acting like this is a game changing move and how this was such a huge deal at E3. When these systems first launched, for certain I see it, but not now.
I think it makes people more comfortable with being locked in to a platform. Makes it feel like your purchases don't have an expiration date on them. Sometimes you just have an itch to play some older game, and after getting used to BC for a past few generations it feels a little bit like you're being taken advantage of when you're being resold what you already own. I think it's a lot more valuable when new hardware can improve the older games without explicit remastering and give them new life, but that's pretty rare on console.
Nayan and ambesolman like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony