PlayStation 4 - Page 672 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20131 of 20137 Old Today, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
42?
Indeed. If only Sony would send me a really plush and sturdy towel every year for my exemplary patronage.

Nayan likes this.

Last edited by icelt; Today at 01:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20132 of 20137 Old Today, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Rocket League (PS4)
Styx: Master of Shadows (PS4)
MouseCraft (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Entwined (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Rain (PS3)
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PS Vita)

available 7/7; curious to try Styx and Entwined. Nice they are still including PS3 but hopefully they ween it off and just give us all PS4/Vita titles. Or maybe make some PSNow titles be F2P for a money or something to that effect.
I hope they don't offer PSNow games instead of the ones I can store locally. As an addition it's fine, as a replacement for something else not so much. PSNow doesn't really work that well imo.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #20133 of 20137 Old Today, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Just a hard pill to swallow when it was completely free to play online with a PS3. That was a big selling point to my buddies to convince them to dump MS and come over to game with me. I didn't have Plus on ps3, but I was well aware of the outstanding games they gave away. So when I learned I had to essentially pay to play online, it wasn't that big of a deal because I would be getting all these great games for free.

Not going to rip down walls and trade my PS4 in (i am happy w my system). But it is easy to see why people are frustrated when you essentially mandate paying when something was free, and then offer games that arent even close to what the paying customers got before (with a few exceptions).
reddice and freemeat like this.
post #20134 of 20137 Old Today, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 76
What I meant to say was I did download and try these indie games on PS+ but they were boring mobile graphics I deleted them right away.

EarthLink Extreme powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43_2 (Merlin Fork) using OpenDNS.
Toshiba 39L2300U (My Bedroom) - Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 3, Sony PS4.
Toshiba 32RV530U (Living Room) - Amazon Fire TV, Sony PS3 Slim.
Cats are the best pets.
post #20135 of 20137 Old Today, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
With the DLNA update, there's not a whole lot that the PS3 does which the PS4 cannot anymore. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
DTV + DVR

This is the main reason i keep mine connected.

Oh and remote support suing BT-IR adaptor.

PSN Brown-Corolla

Last edited by Mud76; Today at 05:05 PM.
post #20136 of 20137 Unread Today, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
Just a hard pill to swallow when it was completely free to play online with a PS3. That was a big selling point to my buddies to convince them to dump MS and come over to game with me. I didn't have Plus on ps3, but I was well aware of the outstanding games they gave away. So when I learned I had to essentially pay to play online, it wasn't that big of a deal because I would be getting all these great games for free.

Not going to rip down walls and trade my PS4 in (i am happy w my system). But it is easy to see why people are frustrated when you essentially mandate paying when something was free, and then offer games that arent even close to what the paying customers got before (with a few exceptions).
We can thank XBL for this. Had they not had success Sony wouldn't have bothered. From what i personally recall, save for a few titles, PS3 online was suspect most of the time. It is definitely a lot better this go around, hopefully due to our hostage dollars. I don't know how many games were available during PS3 era, but i personal appreciate what titles are offered, mainly because some games I completely forget about playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
What I meant to say was I did download and try these indie games on PS+ but they were boring mobile graphics I deleted them right away.
Should really give them a shot. Some might look like SNES titles, but they really are fun to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
DTV + DVR

This is the main reason i keep mine connected.

Oh and remote support suing BT-IR adaptor.
How are you DVR'ing with the PS3? Never knew this was a thing.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #20137 of 20137 Unread Today, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Some of these indies are pretty fun. Super Exploding Zoo or whatever is addicting. Some others I tried weren't bad but there was a couple I deleted or will be deleting.
IMO, Trine 2, Valiant Hearts, Resogun, and a few others whose names escape me at the moment have been pretty darn good. Though...those have decent graphics. I can't get excited about free games that look like Atari 2600. Overall, I don't mind the indie games being thrown at us.

I welcome Rocket League.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page