PlayStation 4 - Page 681 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20401 of 20423 Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
My bad, I totally read that wrong.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me in regards to the box. Wouldn't Sony know what model they planned on releasing with this bundle and if so, then why wouldn't they make sure to put the new SKU# on the box?

If they (GameStop) can guarantee I'll be able to get my preorder down payment back if this is in fact the old model, then I'll take my chance, but it's pretty pathetic how hard it is to get a simple piece of info like this out of them. A lot of people, including myself, are eagerly awaiting this new model system and if in fact this bundle is the new one, then they have done a poor job letting us know.

How are we to trust the word of someone from marketing like you say, if they can't even properly market their product?

*EDIT* - I stand corrected. You were right and this article touches on the box number.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/...eries-console/
No, I would believe their corporate offices just make the deals for bundles. Likely another department lower down would know what models/skus are going to be in the actual box.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20402 of 20423 Old 08-27-2015, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I had to call Playstation Support today to get a coffin sent to me. My PS4 keeps making the ejecting disc sound when I turn it on and it will not allow a disc to be inserted. Hopefully it is a quick process. If they end up sending me a new one I think I may go ahead and upgrade the HDD since I will have to download everything again anyway.
post #20403 of 20423 Old 08-27-2015, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I had to call Playstation Support today to get a coffin sent to me. My PS4 keeps making the ejecting disc sound when I turn it on and it will not allow a disc to be inserted. Hopefully it is a quick process. If they end up sending me a new one I think I may go ahead and upgrade the HDD since I will have to download everything again anyway.
Ah man, that sucks! I didnt know you were having a problem with the PS4 but I've not checked in on the forums lately. Hope you get it resolved quickly!

Speakers: Ascend CMT 340 SE Mains, 340 SE Center, CBM-170 SE Surrounds
Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-522 K
TV: 50" Panasonic Plasma (TH-50PZ77U)
Consoles: PS3 & PS4
WAF: Still happily married
post #20404 of 20423 Old 08-28-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Wayne View Post
Ah man, that sucks! I didnt know you were having a problem with the PS4 but I've not checked in on the forums lately. Hope you get it resolved quickly!
It hasn't been an issue since almost all my stuff is digital and I can still play those. I just wanted to get this fixed before the warranty ran out in November. It looks like I will be back on the PS3 a little bit until it gets fixed.
Ty Wayne likes this.
post #20405 of 20423 Old 08-28-2015, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I've had this issue at least three times now, and the "tighten the manual eject screw" method has always fixed it. Not sure if the link below will show up - if not it's a pretty quick google search for "ps4 ejecting disk"

http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-sav...c-bug-1600574/
Ty Wayne and usc_yogi like this.
post #20406 of 20423 Old 09-01-2015, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Does anyone have anything good to say about battlefront star wars? I just seen this game and it looks pretty good... What will it be in, 1080p 60fps? I'm not a star wars guy,but looks good enough to buy
post #20407 of 20423 Old 09-01-2015, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Ps4 3.0 firmware details

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...-starts-today/

All I care about is the increase in online storage. About time

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #20408 of 20423 Old 09-01-2015, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroneeyedboh View Post
Does anyone have anything good to say about battlefront star wars? I just seen this game and it looks pretty good... What will it be in, 1080p 60fps? I'm not a star wars guy,but looks good enough to buy
I trust DICE will deliver a good game with good PVP. Just how much of a "game" there is we'll have to see, but I am hopeful. My only caution would be server issues we experienced in Battlefield 4 and if similar issues will be part of the Battlefront launch.

I think it's a buy, but you give it a few days for early feedback, since they are not offering any really good pre-order goodies.
mroneeyedboh likes this.

XBL GT: J05HB4G05H 
PSN ID: Bytehoven
Battle Log: Bytehoven  
post #20409 of 20423 Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
I trust DICE will deliver a good game with good PVP. Just how much of a "game" there is we'll have to see, but I am hopeful. My only caution would be server issues we experienced in Battlefield 4 and if similar issues will be part of the Battlefront launch.

I think it's a buy, but you give it a few days for early feedback, since they are not offering any really good pre-order goodies.
Good info. Thanks
post #20410 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Saw there will be a Star Wars beta next month. I think I read its open.
usc_yogi likes this.
post #20411 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Saw there will be a Star Wars beta next month. I think I read its open.
I hope this is true. I really want to try this game before I plunk down the money. I've never been a fan of the BF movement in games, although it has been better with BF4 and Hardline. The Star Wars theme is enticing enough for me to put aside my issues with Battlefield if it runs well and is fun.
post #20412 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
I've had this issue at least three times now, and the "tighten the manual eject screw" method has always fixed it. Not sure if the link below will show up - if not it's a pretty quick google search for "ps4 ejecting disk"

http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-sav...c-bug-1600574/
Thanks for the advice. I just went ahead and sent it back since it was still under warranty.
post #20413 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Firmware 3.0 features

From the EU blog, because it has a few more details than the US entry: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...adbpr=36969785. The list is not complete so there might be some other goodies when it arrives (TBD):
Quote:
  • Events: A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter.
  • YouTube live: PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.
  • Online storage capacity increase: PlayStation Plus members’ PS4 cloud storage capacity will increase from 1GB to 10GB
  • Favourite Groups: Favourite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you add new or existing groups as a Favorite Group and quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.
  • Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players and the ability to join parties or games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends, this could be a great way to connect with other likeminded players.
  • Sharing video clips to Twitter: Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. The maximum video length is 10 seconds, but you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips.
  • Live from PlayStation: We’ve added the ability for users to view popular broadcasts, video clips and screenshots on the Live From PlayStation area
  • Screenshots: We’ve listened to your feedback and we’re happy to confirm that PNG format is now an option for Screenshot saves
  • Now Playing: The Now Playing screen will display more information about what your friends are doing, and you’ll be able to quickly jump into a party, request a screen share, or jump to PlayStation Store to buy a game your friend is playing.
  • Request to watch: Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.
  • Stickers: Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you’ll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.
Definitely looking forward to the 10GB of space as I am exceeding the 1GB at the moment.

Anyone interested in an AVS Community?
lordxar5 and freemeat like this.
post #20414 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Would be nice to have the ability to appear offline while playing. Sometimes I just want to get on and not have friends see and bug me to play with them.
Zookster likes this.
post #20415 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Anyone interested in an AVS Community?
I think the Favorites Group is per user, if that's what you're referring to.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #20416 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
Would be nice to have the ability to appear offline while playing. Sometimes I just want to get on and not have friends see and bug me to play with them.

I just ignore them. They're all annoying anyway. [emoji3]
hsv likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #20417 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I think the Favorites Group is per user, if that's what you're referring to.
Nope, talking about Communities. Don't know if it'd just be redundant to this board but it could be an interesting feature.
post #20418 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Yes, we need an AVS community on PS4. We could probably access funny videos and whatnot there.

I say someone set it up.
post #20419 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guy's is there anyway to turn off those invitations that's pop ups on the upper left side of the TV while watching bluray playback? Sometimes it's so annoying. Tia

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
post #20420 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Nope, talking about Communities. Don't know if it'd just be redundant to this board but it could be an interesting feature.
Weird, I breezed through the notes twice and missed that part. I could see that working out in someway, it certainly would have made Destiny easier.
It's clearly just in time for Battlefront.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #20421 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 214
So my PS4 was stuck with the message:

Press the PS button on the controller to start

or whatever it is. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to do anything. Neither controller seemed to connect to the PS4 for some reason. I tried plugging both of them in via the USB cable. They were charging, but when I hit the PS button, nothing happened.

There was nothing I could do, so I actually had to pull the power cord out of the back, which I know is extremely dangerous, but I needed to turn the thing off and nothing else was working. I'll have to try running the PS4 this weekend and see if it survived whatever happened.
post #20422 of 20423 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 290
@Anthony1 that is strange that plugging in the controller via the USB cable did not fix the issue. Hopefully you have no problems getting it back up and running this weekend. I hate how you read the info on the updates and it is as is at our risk. Yet in order to be able to access all parts of the PS4 network you are "required" to update. I think at that point Sony should be just as much to blame as I for applying the update, or am I misinterpreting those warning messages?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20423 of 20423 Unread Today, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekoy View Post
Guy's is there anyway to turn off those invitations that's pop ups on the upper left side of the TV while watching bluray playback? Sometimes it's so annoying. Tia

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Go to Settings-->Notifications
there you can customize your notifications.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page