PlayStation 4 - Page 699 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1412Likes

post #20941 of 20947 Old 06-08-2016, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post
Yep, that's the exact set I bought. The only ones that didn't work were the L1/R1 buttons since my controller is a gen 2

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20942 of 20947 Old 06-09-2016, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Thanks for the link! Just ordered my gun metal buttons.

Out of curiosity, and I do apologize if this has been discussed already, but what is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 controllers? Is it just the L1 and R1 bumpers? I bought a new controller this past weekend and it is apparently still Gen 1 based on the serial number.
post #20943 of 20947 Old 06-09-2016, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Scouring google, there seems to be some differences with the internals of the shell so that likely explains why some triggers don't work. That and some triggers had plastic springs? I think the latest has metal. I could be wrong.

Mine are CUH-ZCT1E. The latest seems to be, CUH-ZCT1H. http://www.sony.com.hk/product/plays...uy/en/27455420

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/DualShock_4

Interesting the 1H is a 1000mAh battery. The 1E is 800mAh.
CURX8 likes this.
post #20944 of 20947 Old 06-11-2016, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Figure its a long shot but does anyone have a newer vizio with ps4 and use hdmi cec?

I am big into home automation and with my samsung set i am able to power on my ps4 from the samsung tools menu, does anyone with a vizio and ps4 know if its possible to power on the ps4 through the tv?
post #20945 of 20947 Old 06-12-2016, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 802
I have an issue I can't solve. Been watching blu-rays on my PS3 for years and then switched to the PS4 on launch day. Zero issues, looks/sounds great on the PS4 since launch day. Now all of a sudden, every Blu-ray I put in plays the movie in Stereo through my sound system. Connected via optical. I tried various settings in the PS4, reset the receiver, re-configured receiver, no luck. Weird thing is, when the movie's menu starts, the receiver switches to Dolby Digital, 6.1 or 7.1 accordingly and sounds great, but when the movie starts playing it switches to stereo. I go into the blu-ray menu, select Dolby digital, etc. etc. but no luck. I unplug the optical cable, plug it into the Xbox One and the movie plays in the proper format immediately. What the heck changed and what am I missing that I can't get a movie it play in something other than stereo???

post #20946 of 20947 Old 06-15-2016, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post
With the latest firmware update 1.20, they claim the authentication issues have been solved using other controllers with the PS4, they do state that you need a USB hub to get around it though.

I'll test tonight if I can get an XBOX One or a 360 controller to work with it through wireless.
The only thing I'd like to see work is my old Logitech driving controller with force-feedback. I tried looking at info on the Chronus, but I'm not sure if it would work? Without the FF, it's just not the same, and of course, a new driving controller is not only expensive, but bulky. Gaaah....
post #20947 of 20947 Old 06-15-2016, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Along with my Xbox One controllers, I finally finished customizing my PS4 controllers.

aaronwt likes this.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page