PlayStation 4 - Page 76 - AVS Forum
First ... 74  75  76 77  78  ... Last
PlayStation Area > PlayStation 4
samendolaro's Avatar samendolaro 08:58 PM 06-12-2013
I was pretty hyped about the XB1 and even at $500 I would have ordered it but after learning about the 24hr checkin and used game policies it forced me to really reconsider . I don't even buy used games but I do led them out on occasion . As much as I hate change I hate the thought of supporting MS with one more penny. they obviously don't care about gamers anymore, every feature if the XB1 was designed to generate them more cash and you are forced to have these features even if you don't want them.

As disappointed as it is to change consoles I will . And regardless of how long I stick with Sony I am done with anything XBOX for good.

J_P_A's Avatar J_P_A 09:03 PM 06-12-2013
I think disappointed is really the best way to describe it for me as we'll. I was planning to buy an XBone and maybe a PS4 until MS announced the required Internet connection. That was a non-starter for me. Since then, Sony has had all the right answers, so I'm making the switch.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 09:12 PM 06-12-2013
PS4U this Gen, and the abbreviation works pretty well. biggrin.gif
americangunner's Avatar americangunner 09:13 PM 06-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I wonder how many people cancelled their Xbox1 after seeing PS4 at E3.
I did.
ambesolman's Avatar ambesolman 09:24 PM 06-12-2013
What's the difference between the Launch and Standard editions?
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 09:30 PM 06-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

What's the difference between the Launch and Standard editions?

Launch is release day guaranteed (or at least the best chance), standard is just getting in line for the next shipments.
ThumperII's Avatar ThumperII 09:43 PM 06-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Launce is release day guaranteed (or at least the best chance), standard is just getting in line for the next shipments.

You may want to add that as your signature for the next few months...
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 09:53 PM 06-12-2013
http://kotaku.com/not-even-the-ps4s-lead-architect-knew-what-the-ps4-loo-513037226

LUKE PLUNKETT
21 minutes ago
g 1,509L 15

Not Even The PS4's Lead Architect Knew What The PS4 Looked Like

In case you hadn't realised there's a difference between the guys who design the inside of a console and the guys who design the outside, take a look at this tweet (via PlayStation) from PS4 lead architect and game development legend Mark Cerny.

Cerny: I hadn't actually seen the console until Monday's event. I wanted to wait and see it when the rest of the world did. It's beautiful

Sony took a lot of heat, much of it justified, when it unveiled a console back in February without actually unveiling a console. Sony said back then that designs were still being worked on; if Cerny somehow avoided seeing one until June, I guess they left it late to lock one down!
ThumperII's Avatar ThumperII 10:01 PM 06-12-2013
I am not sure why it matters what it looks like. Most people do not see any of it rather that the front after purchase. I do like the smaller profiles as my wall'o'equipment is getting crowded.
TedSeattle's Avatar TedSeattle 10:21 PM 06-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

It sends a good message that MS needs to drop their DRM box, which they'll do if they end up leaving money on the table. Waiting a few months for MS to freak out and reverse course would be great for all gamers.

I think it'd be useful if Microsoft sticks to its policy, for a while at least. Then there'd be some real data on how used games affect the market. Publishers of multi-platform games could compare sales on the XBox One and the PS4. Everyone -- publisher and gamers alike -- would have numbers to point to, instead of pure speculation. With the two consoles being technically comparable, this is as close as we're likely to get to a controlled experiment.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 10:26 PM 06-12-2013
metallicaband's Avatar metallicaband 10:42 PM 06-12-2013
That sucks, want more fresh separate FF games, FFXIII got enough sequels and this is coming from someone who actually enjoyed 13 and 13-2.

At the very least I hope they won't continue the series with the Action RPG style.
Defcon's Avatar Defcon 11:35 PM 06-12-2013
What do people think of those who preordered 3 or 4 PS4's to sell them at a profit when it launches. I don't really begrudge the,, it's a way to make money and there's nothing illegal or bad about it. But there may be people who are unable to get one now because of that, and near the holidays lot of families will be looking for one.

I didn't order one after the announcement and now it's too late as its sold out.
redshift1's Avatar redshift1 11:48 PM 06-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

What do people think of those who preordered 3 or 4 PS4's to sell them at a profit when it launches. I don't really begrudge the,, it's a way to make money and there's nothing illegal or bad about it. But there may be people who are unable to get one now because of that, and near the holidays lot of families will be looking for one.

I didn't order one after the announcement and now it's too late as its sold out.


Very fluid situation, there will be many opportunities in the next few months to lock in an order for PS4's to be delivered at or near launch. Obviously the longer you wait the more your chances diminish.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 11:51 PM 06-12-2013
the real question is.... will the last guardian release for the ps4 or ps5?
metallicaband's Avatar metallicaband 02:41 AM 06-13-2013
I'd still like to know whether PS4's blu ray will support reading 3/4 layer BD and whether Blu Ray movies are region free this time around unlike PS3 or that didn't change.
JediMastr's Avatar JediMastr 03:07 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

I think it'd be useful if Microsoft sticks to its policy, for a while at least. Then there'd be some real data on how used games affect the market. Publishers of multi-platform games could compare sales on the XBox One and the PS4. Everyone -- publisher and gamers alike -- would have numbers to point to, instead of pure speculation. With the two consoles being technically comparable, this is as close as we're likely to get to a controlled experiment.

Except that the Xbox ONE supports used games...so there went that idea. It was a good one though if it didn't.
zBuff's Avatar zBuff 04:13 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

Except that the Xbox ONE supports used games...so there went that idea. It was a good one though if it didn't.

Yes but in a one legged demented cripple sort of a way. You can only sell back to authorised buyers, you can't lend a game to a friend to try for a while unless you give him access to your account, if you sell it to someone else it can only be done once
samendolaro's Avatar samendolaro 04:29 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

Except that the Xbox ONE supports used games...so there went that idea. It was a good one though if it didn't.

Yea, keep yelling yourself that if it makes you feel better


WHAT you may sell/give (not all items may be given or sold)
WHEN you may sell/give it (No selling at launch no giving for at least 30 days if at all)
WHERE you may sell it, (Must be bought/sold where they tell you to buy/sell it, you may not sell )
HOW many times you may Sell/Give it ( 1 if at all)


the only thing missing is WHY...

WHY buy an XBOX ONE
kjr39's Avatar kjr39 05:02 AM 06-13-2013
Had this in my email from amazon this morning:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 06:17 AM 06-13-2013
L
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

I'd still like to know whether PS4's blu ray will support reading 3/4 layer BD and whether Blu Ray movies are region free this time around unlike PS3 or that didn't change.
Love to know this too. It might actually speed up my purchase of the thing.
americangunner's Avatar americangunner 06:42 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

Had this in my email from amazon this morning:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order.
I got this email today too.
Slacker George's Avatar Slacker George 06:46 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

Why would I feel better about repeating Microsoft's already stated policy? They said they support used games--the original poster wanted data about the effect of used games--sounded like he wanted to see what would happen if one supported used games and one didn't...which, if either, would benefit more or less--but if both support used games, drawing a contrast, based on supporting used games, wouldn't make much sense. But what we can do...we can see what effect FUD has on those that don't know any better...and I must say, you're off to a good start...we have to figure out a way to quantify and record results though--maybe do a poll on who actually believes this....?

Saying they support used games is a stretch. They will allow it, but only at the retailer they choose and only at the price that retailer sets along with whatever fees a publisher may want to add on. That means no ebay, no Goozex, no garage sales, no flea markets etc. On top of that the publisher may opt out completely and not allow you the sell the game at all. MS is really getting dumped on lately, sometimes unfairly, but you can't defend this anti-consumer BS.
s1njin's Avatar s1njin 06:52 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

Had this in my email from amazon this morning:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order.

I got this too - made for a very happy morning.
DrDon's Avatar DrDon 07:01 AM 06-13-2013
Trolling posts removed. This is a PlayStation thread. Not a place for fans of other consoles to come in and trash the technology. From this point forward, those who are not here to advance intelligent discussion of the topics will be banned from the thread.

Also, thanks to those of you using the report-post button. Much prefer that over having to delete a bickering war. Report, don't reply.

Thanks.
Archerkit's Avatar Archerkit 07:07 AM 06-13-2013
I preordered mine directly from Sony (I had rewards points to use), so there's no indication as to Launch vs Standard. However my order indicates the model as "PS490000" however that link actually seems to now reference "PS410034" on the page. I didn't pay attention when I ordered to see if the link and page txt matched.

http://store.sony.com/p/PS4-PlayStation4-Console/en/p/PS490000

Not sure if that's indicative of anything.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 07:09 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

You may want to add that as your signature for the next few months...

Two days of 4.5 hours sleep and 10 hours working on top of keeping track of all the E3 news = really need to learn when to just go to bed.

smile.gif
samendolaro's Avatar samendolaro 07:09 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post

Saying they support used games is a stretch. They will allow it, but only at the retailer they choose and only at the price that retailer sets along with whatever fees a publisher may want to add on. That means no ebay, no Goozex, no garage sales, no flea markets etc. On top of that the publisher may opt out completely and not allow you the sell the game at all. MS is really getting dumped on lately, sometimes unfairly, but you can't defend this anti-consumer BS.

Why waste your breath, You can't explain things to people who don't want to hear it, some people just want to hear the words that its going to be OK, get patted on the head with a there there...

I like everything about the XB1 except for the new anti-trust / anti-consumer policies. And for me its enough to sway me from the XBOX . In the end this is about GAMING and nothing else.

Can I play what I want when I want , can I trade sell or give away my games ....I don't want conditional statements attached.

Both systems will play games and the majority of the games will be exactly the same. The question is what system will give be the most bang for my buck. And currently that system is the PS4, there is just no arguing that fact. There is a great pull to stay with the Xbox, I have formed in game aliances and love some of their exclusives , etc.. but in the end its not worth what I give up by staying. Some things just aren't worth compromising.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 07:10 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerkit View Post

I preordered mine directly from Sony (I had rewards points to use), so there's no indication as to Launch vs Standard. However my order indicates the model as "PS490000" however that link actually seems to now reference "PS410034" on the page. I didn't pay attention when I ordered to see if the link and page txt matched.

http://store.sony.com/p/PS4-PlayStation4-Console/en/p/PS490000

Not sure if that's indicative of anything.

I doubt it, probably just some way to track where the consoles were sold.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 07:15 AM 06-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

I think it'd be useful if Microsoft sticks to its policy, for a while at least. Then there'd be some real data on how used games affect the market. Publishers of multi-platform games could compare sales on the XBox One and the PS4. Everyone -- publisher and gamers alike -- would have numbers to point to, instead of pure speculation. With the two consoles being technically comparable, this is as close as we're likely to get to a controlled experiment.

True, but if the rumblings are right they'd have to correct for one system vastly outselling the other. Publishers already know that in a marketplace with a choice, very restrictive DRM integration will bring you measurably lower sales unless you tack it onto a IP that people can't live without. And then you end up with SimCity 3...

I'm still of the thought that when you make sued games harder to get, and take a cut, you raise prices. You raise prices in an industry, sales go down.

Even EA started talking about the negative impact it would have after being accused of forcing it on MS. They even disavowed every talking to them about it, among other publishers who said it was news to them and they didn't have any details from MS. It's going to be a interesting story to find out who's idea this was and why, hopefully some gaming journalist picks up the story and figures it out.
Tags: Playstation 4 Games , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Playstation 4 Console
First ... 74  75  76 77  78  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop