inFAMOUS: Second Son - a spectacular looking super hero exclusive (PS4) - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Speaking for myself, I probably got around 5 hours of gameplay out of the entire Paper Chase, and I enjoyed the journey and the story (and the Manga, which is pretty heart-breaking when you see it all together). My only regret is that it is over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
finished it this weekend after taking a break from TitanFall and taking advantage of a few free hours here and there.

I thought it was fun, I Was in it for the story which was somewhat predictable. I don't think playing through as good is going to get me any more enjoyment out of it but it sure was fun looking at the pretty visuals going on. Neon looked the best, smoke was 2nd best. the 3rd and 4th powers were not as fleshed out visually it seems.

really enjoyed fast travel of Neon. The smoke battles I thought layed some good groundwork for how to fight in the later stages of the game.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #723 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Yeah the 3rd power visually doesn't look nearly as good as the rest (though part of it is due to the type of power. I still think they could have done better). I personally think smoke looks the best, just very nice smoke effects in the game in general. I wish their was an upgrade to give you the traveling speed of the 3rd power but for smoke. Or once completing the game a way to toggle between any power at will as a cheat unlock or for clearing out the DUP after the last boss. That would add some re-playability.
post #724 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I played it on easy. It's not like any much harder is going to get me more fun when I'm trying to basically watch an interactive movie.

the powers aren't hard to find right? I mean Neon is everywhere, the smoke stacks are everywhere (just beat up a car and you got smoke. the 3rd are on buildings. Not sure about the 4th one but I can't imagine them being hidden from view.

I suppose for the completionist, there's a ton more to do after the main story and the photo mode is nothing short of spectacular. Whilst not quite the game, it's still interactive and creative fun

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #725 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I did "Normal" which was pretty easy minus the final boss for me, I ended up using a cheap tactic to finish it.

4th power is easy to get as well, just thought it would be cool to have all on the fly, even mixing in powers for combos or something.
post #726 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

finished it this weekend after taking a break from TitanFall and taking advantage of a few free hours here and there.

I thought it was fun, I Was in it for the story which was somewhat predictable. I don't think playing through as good is going to get me any more enjoyment out of it but it sure was fun looking at the pretty visuals going on. Neon looked the best, smoke was 2nd best. the 3rd and 4th powers were not as fleshed out visually it seems.

really enjoyed fast travel of Neon. The smoke battles I thought layed some good groundwork for how to fight in the later stages of the game.

The story was written around being good, and the evil stuff was kinda forced to fit in. The gameplay is also different since you have to be more careful with your powers.

Most of us play good first to get the story and learn to play, then do an evil run on max difficulty so we can truly cut loose.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #727 of 746 Old 04-28-2014, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Finished the game this weekend. Without question the best looking game I've played and a fun game to boot. Traded it in to put the money towards a new game but really enjoyed it while it lasted!
post #728 of 746 Old 04-29-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

The story was written around being good, and the evil stuff was kinda forced to fit in. The gameplay is also different since you have to be more careful with your powers.

Most of us play good first to get the story and learn to play, then do an evil run on max difficulty so we can truly cut loose.
I might have done the opposite knowing that Neon slowing down time is only a good power!

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #729 of 746 Old 04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I dunno, the slowing down time thing felt a bit like cheating to me. I liked not having it for my Expert play-through. And the only time I really missed it was when you don't have Neon power anyway...
post #730 of 746 Old 05-27-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
So it's showing up as $36 in Amazon's Gold Box. Is it worth it at $36? I'm going to be playing Watch Dogs for a bit, so I'm just wondering if I should wait or jump on it now?
post #731 of 746 Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

It was well worth $60 to me, but I doubt it'll reach this price again anytime soon. It shares some very basic similarities with Watch Dogs in that they're both open world, so if you like to switch between genres, maybe hold off.

/ 

post #732 of 746 Old 05-27-2014, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I"m actually going to pass on Watch Dogs for now, because I just got back into playing Infamous, and I"m really enjoying it. Part of it, is that I just bought a new 1080p projector, and this game really sings on it, if you know what I'm sayin... The colors and vibrancy is really off the charts with this game. The gameplay is kinda meh. I feel like it doesn't quite control as well as the first Infamous game. I never played the 2nd Infamous, and didn't even finish the first, but I did play the first for many, many hours, and I feel like the control in the first game was better. There just seems to be something off about the control in this game... can't put my finger on it though.

Still, I'm really loving this game overall, at least for the audio visual splendor that it provides. It looks absolutely breathtaking on my new W1070, and the sound design is really good as well. I'm going to take my time with this game and not even worry about Watch Dogs for now. I don't think I'd want to play two open world games like this back to back, so it might be a few months before I even mess with Watch Dogs.
post #733 of 746 Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 184
I had initial issues with the controls while aiming, but setting that to high fixed that for me. You might also try locking the frame rate in the options menu. That helped me a bit with the controls.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo

post #734 of 746 Old 06-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Finished my good/normal playthrough last week, currently halfway through an evil/expert game.

The game is pretty and has a lot going for it, but in the end it feels a bit thin and padded with lots of filler. Every district is the exact same set of side activities in slightly different surroundings. Combat is generally fun, but the difficulty seems to spike and dip strangely. The story is short and mostly predictable. The morality system has zero nuance (though this was true of previous games, too).

It's still enjoyable, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. I think the first two games were better overall.

- Jer
post #735 of 746 Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

This game is getting Fetch DLC that will also work as a standalone game if you don't own the full game. They said if you play it with the full game, that it will have bonuses.

/ 

post #736 of 746 Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm really looking forward to that. I enjoyed my time with the game quite a bit (and finished the Paper Trail) but it isn't something I really play now that I've completed it. Maybe when the Fetch thing drops I'll go back and finish off my last two trophies to get the platinum...
post #737 of 746 Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

inFAMOUS: First Light trailer:

Details: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ures-detailed/

Lots of juicy details here, I am really looking forward to this now! Some hilights:

- Play Fetch's origin story (main game)
- Fetch has "new and highly personalized neon powers".
- New component to dash requiring you to "navigate through neon clouds to maintain highest speed".
- Re-playable Battle Arenas with worldwide leaderboard support
- Play Battle Arenas as Delsin if you still have the Infamous: SS disc. (Do you get to use all of Delsin's powers too? Unclear. In screen shots you can see Delsin is using Smoke).
- Available August 27th on PSN and 10th September on Blu-ray ("where available").

Last edited by Abaddon; 08-12-2014 at 03:11 PM.
post #738 of 746 Old 08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 93
^Thanks for finding that. I had no idea there was going to be a disc version so I might be rethinking the download thing.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #739 of 746 Old 08-12-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I maybe buy it when it becomes discounted. Neon powers were my least favorite when playing.
post #740 of 746 Old 08-12-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post
^Thanks for finding that. I had no idea there was going to be a disc version so I might be rethinking the download thing.
That might not be stateside. Similar post I saw advertised it as "where available".

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

post #741 of 746 Old 08-12-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
That might not be stateside. Similar post I saw advertised it as "where available".
You are correct. After a little digging I found out it's EU territory only for the disc version. I love me some games on disc so I'm seriously considering importing a copy.

post #742 of 746 Old 08-13-2014, 04:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Any word on whether SS will be on sale anytime soon? I enjoyed it when I rented the title. But I am waiting for the digital download to be around $40 before I purchase it.
post #743 of 746 Old 08-13-2014, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Any word on whether SS will be on sale anytime soon? I enjoyed it when I rented the title. But I am waiting for the digital download to be around $40 before I purchase it.
Don't know about the Digital Version but I picked up the physical LE for 40$ 2 weeks ago.

If you don't mind physical, there is plenty of sales.
post #744 of 746 Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Don't know about the Digital Version but I picked up the physical LE for 40$ 2 weeks ago.

If you don't mind physical, there is plenty of sales.
I will only use discs for rentals. Anything I purchase will only be digital downloads. Hopefully there is some kind of a digital sale with SS later this year. Then I will purchase it.
post #745 of 746 Old 08-20-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

I see First Light will be a stand alone game. I didn't realize this before. So I won't need to own Second Son to play it. And it will also be one of the first games to support preloading. So for only $15 I am going to pre-order it tonight if it's already available on PSN to order.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #746 of 746 Old 08-20-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I see First Light will be a stand alone game. I didn't realize this before. So I won't need to own Second Son to play it. And it will also be one of the first games to support preloading. So for only $15 I am going to pre-order it tonight if it's already available on PSN to order.
I wanted to try the pre load so I ordered back when it was announced. After that, whenever you go and look at the listing in the store, there's a countdown timer where the order tab was. I'm still thinking about importing the disc version from the UK.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Infamous , Infamous Second Son , Infamous Collection Playstation3 Game Sony , Infamous 2 Playstation3 Game Sony

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page